SCREECHING WOMEN

SCREECHING WOMEN

Attached: 34_germania_infantry_screechingwomen_screen.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vosges_(58_BC)
youtu.be/6Jie_eIrHts
youtube.com/watch?v=7fWVthMjnok
youtube.com/watch?v=pcL0J_ndaUc&t=496s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw ywn have a fierce redhead barbarian gf crush your skull with her thighs
why even live

what were they thinking

their dicks were thinking

during the cimbrian war there were women in the backlines screeching n shit so their would know what awaits them if they fuck up

that's redundant

HOT

it comes from an anecdote from one of the roman/german battles where the writer described the Germanic women standing behind the army and screaming to remind the german men that if they ran, the women would be raped, so their only option was to win the battle.

How'd it end

>Eager, Fresh

Attached: 1548987347828.png (710x555, 533K)

Rape

Attached: germanics.jpg (1137x640, 109K)

unlimited rape no matter who won

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vosges_(58_BC)
the romans one. lots of death and rape

*won

based roman chads

>tfw Rome 2 is actually good

Attached: roman feels.jpg (1024x600, 107K)

>romans have british accents

Only with mods.

At first I thought this was Kenshi and got really excited. Fuck u op

REMINDER

Attached: rome succesor.png (1600x1954, 367K)

it's not though. it makes the "upgrade tree" trend that shogun 2 started infinitely worse. basically, the campaign map has been dumbed down strategically, and all those decisions have been replaced with an endless chain of upgrade trees that you have to complete every turn. You never had to deal with any of that shit in the old games, it was all just moving armies/agents around, citybuilding, and battles; the pacing was perfect. In the new games, and especially in Rome 2 and onwards, you spent literally 10 minutes every turn doing upgrade trees that were just automatically done in the previous games. The time you spend doing the same fucking trees over and over increases the longer you play and the more characters you create. the pacing is totally fucked now.

Which ones? I hate the game and Rome 1 is among my all time favourites. Desperate to enjoy 2

I'm a huge nostalgiafag for rome 1 having played hundreds of hundreds of hours of it when i was young and avoided 2 because of everything i knew about it in its release, then i played it post-patched after all these years and frankly fucking speaking rome 1 is trash by comparison though there are a few things I prefer in R1 but my nostalgia got fucking BTFO

Divide et Impera (DEI) is decent. Changes up enough stuff to make things interesting. Still no Rome 1 though.

Who would win, an army of nothing but screeching women or an army of nothing but flaming pigs?

what's the difference?

ba-dum tis

How to be based

this

it was a different time

How do I into Rome 2

The German men won and then raped the German women.

Their own wives you mean

Caesar was a truly a master of war, willing to take risks and win even when there were troubles in his logistics. I wonder why Pompeii though he could win against him when most of Pompeii's victories were insignificant compared to Caesar's. One of Pompeii's great victories was just capturing and killing a routing band of slaves after Crassus did all the heavy lifting.

Roman Ninjas, flaming pigs, screeching women... Truly the best HISTORICAL title.

No really Rome 1 is the best

They don't seem to do that any more. Sucks.

>He doesn't play the Broken Crescent Mod

Attached: inshallah.jpg (960x960, 301K)

rome ended in 476 everything after is a larp

blease

flamming pigs don't do any damage. They are just used as cheap counter against chariots and elephants. Stat-wise screeching women are capable of holding against Town Militia (worst tier 1 unit in game).

first post best post

>tfw can’t have an army of qt women barbarian redheads to be raped by

You don’t. It’s a horrible game.

Labienus was better.

I've been playing this series since Rome 1 and it's honestly dead to me. I find it mind-numbingly boring now. The whole appeal is >OMG SUPER HUGE EPIC BATTLES JUST LIKE IN MY LORD OF THE RINGS, AND I CAN ZOOM IN AND WATCH
now I just find it boring as fuck. I can't play for more than 30 minutes without becoming bored.

Attached: TESTUDO Rome1 vs 2.png (1093x1263, 2.06M)

>you will never be a civilized soldier isolated from his army and lost in wilderness
>you will never run into a bunch of armed barbarian women
>you will never be taken captive of the savages who force you to repay crimes of your people
>you will never spend rest of your life in their secluded village as a breeding slave since all their own men were killed in the war

Attached: 31098236064.png (800x504, 880K)

there are some things i can appreciate about rome 1 but when i see the fucking chariot units start roller rinking around a settlement i cant defend how shit the pathing in the game can be

>tfw worked on the 1.0 version.
Just research rather than anything substantial like the other 3-5 team members did though. I'm glad some fans took over and kept it going.

I'd love to do something like that again given I've found newer and better information and I know how do to do some texturing now. Course since we can't edit maps anymore it's all moot, but if a medieval 3 comes around and I have enough free time I'll def try and work on improving the Muslim factions. It's a damn shame you can't edit the map though because I think the BC approach to the map, shifting the center of axis away from the mediterranean towards the Arabian Gulf/Indian Ocean, is a great variety option.

If it were easy to do different versions of the campaign map I'd love to see a 900-1000 ish campaign. Rise of the Roach. More seriously though it was a period where for a moment it seemed like Sunni Islam was going to disappear because the Islamic landscape was basically from west to east:

Spain - Sunni Islam
Morocco to a bit of Algeria - Sunni or Kharijite Islam ruling over what was probably still largely Christian at least in the bigger cities(?)
Tunisia to Egypt up to Syria (if +970AD) - Shiia Fatimid ruling over largely Christian Egypt and Syria.
Aleppo/Mosul were little emirates or whatever, prob Sunni.
Sunni Abbasid Rump state in Mesopotamia.
Shia Buyid Empire utilizing Daylami troops as well as Ghulams. Daylami being axe, javelin and shield medium infantry (The buyids themselves Daylamite, but they started to utilize more Ghulams)
Sunni Samanid which then gets their shit kicked in by the slave-dynasty of the Ghaznavids and Karakhanids and then eventually the Seljuks arrive in the 1000s.

Christ what the fuck happened? There were a thousand other problems with Rome 2 as well, but I never even noticed this. Such incompetency. They should just make an HD Rome 1. I'd buy it, even with broken Egypt in the campaign.

none of that succession bullshit matters since the title is solely the pope's to give.

They really just didn't give a shit with Rome 2. I remember seeing the really fantastic spear animation for Helf/Delfs in warhammer and how it's perfectly how hoplites used the spear. And then in Rome2 spearmen just carry it limp-wrist at the side like a sword.

I wish there was something like the "What went wrong" Shitaku article about Anthem for CA and Rome2. This is a minor but still telling example. In Rome2 there were textures (the linothorax basic) which were literally on par with Rome 1 in resolution. We're talking 64x64 or maybe 128x128. Yet there were also textures which were very high resolution - the 'carthaginian linothoraxes' also had models that were super detailed. Imagine if a wow expansion had armor with a texture resolution on par with 2004 wow and an armor of the same tier or same class which was BFA resolution. And you can see how badly this has ended up with how the recent rise of the republic dlc has had insanely high quality texture work and models that are fantastic (same with total war arena) which are cheek by jowl with shit that is barely better than medieval 2 in texture.

I wonder if it was really just not giving a shit or if there was perhaps some horrible lack of leadership and coordination on the team.

They mean "spiritual" successor. AKA meaningless nothing. I'm a spiritual successor to Aristotle. Doesn't mean shit.

Everyone was thoroughly annoyed.

i will never buy it solely on principle, idc if it got good. i'll stick with eb2 and tatw ty

"we need arcade units for our arcade pseudohistorical game"
the end result is one of the worst, most arcadish franchises that are loosely based off history.

The pike phalanx formation is also not accurate, only having 3 ranks of soldiers lowering their pikes instead of the historical 5 present in Rome 1: youtu.be/6Jie_eIrHts

Attached: 109347014134.jpg (602x269, 69K)

Based and /his/ pilled

youtube.com/watch?v=7fWVthMjnok
say hello to your DLC bro :)

Attached: LOL.jpg (1920x1080, 807K)

I agree. history is by far my favorite work of fiction

Too bad all the fanfiction sucks.

kek explain this hiscucks

>Roman Republic women
>Fighting
>Ever
Fucking what

Combination of not caring and ineptitude. There was some 2-3 hour videos on youtube about all the things wrong with Rome 2 and the downgrade in mechanics and what not. People worked hard to fuck it up.

Umm, listen sweetie, there are sources saying that some women at time could have fought in barbarian tribes, so it's plausible that also Roman women could have fought.
History isn't just about cis gendered straight males and it should not be portrayed as such even if incels cry about it.

I mean, there's no way they didn't, because women are human and humans are violent assholes. But games like these are supposed to glorify war, not show it for the miserable shitfest it is.

I have the game pirated that came with this dlc but how do i delete it lmao

All they made me realize is that forced migration and massacring hordes of peasants is the most efficient form of population control.

I wish the Armenian roster was better.

Apparently the romans made the new gothic arrivals starve until they were forced to sell their children into slavery to afford moudly bread.

>there will never be a Rome Total war HD edition with included Barbarian expansion, additional units/Mechanics/and maybe two or three mor fac
It’s a crime

STAY AWAY FROM MEEHEE

agreed

Rome 1 had

>color coded units so you could tell what the fuck was going on
>everyone moved around hyper fast so battles didn't drag on
>simple and aesthetic lightly colored maps

On the downside

>fucktarded AI
>campaign became micromanagement heavy when you became a big empire

15 years has passed and Rome Totalwar still continues to amaze me

Thoughts on this?

Attached: pcd_imperatorrome.jpg (786x1074, 136K)

Attached: 1565498008725.png (599x880, 718K)

dogshit title. graphics are all fucked up because they wanted it to be cool looking. at the end of the day it's the same boring paradox province simulator (risk) formula. nothing cool about this game, or any of their games.

ca knows how to use mana better than PARADOX

Caesar was the original Chad

go into data and delete the .esm ?

why are there no good non strategy rome games

>tfw Rome 2 is actually good
Why would you post such a blatant lie?

Roman women werent even allowed to leave the house without their paterfamilias permission
The Romans had it right, we should have listened

Less players than Victoria 2, a 9 year old game based on a time period 1000x less popular than ancient Rome.

It takes talent to fuck up this badly.

Attached: 1559242941722.jpg (1024x948, 103K)

I'm still waiting for a civil war period rpg where you play as the man himself Caesar and get to own everybody

I just see loads of pack files and i cant tell which is the warrior womanz one

people are starting to realize that paradox games just aren't fun, so they're sticking to the already established ones because they've already invested so much into them

CK2 and V2 are the only ones worth playing
Stellaris is fun with the white people mod

>Stellaris is fun with the white people mod
nah none of them are fun because they're essentially a lonely game of RISK

just play RTS senpai, it's got a deeper learning curve and there's more stuff to do

does anyone know if co op campaign matches still happen in Fall of the Samurai and Rome 2? I've been itching to play again, and want to to play against or with other autists when im bored of singleplayer.

>cimbrian war
Unironically thought you were making a coombrain meme

ironically they were no-fappers,believing that you celibacy gave strength

that's true tho, gamer

some even remained virgins till they were 24,crazy!

based and nofappilled

couldn't be me

I can't imagine being a virgin after 14! how did they do it

raw strength

Haha that sounds so crazy I'm having a hard time believing it actually happened.

Is the Roman period cursed for media or something? HBOs Rome, Imperator: Rome, Rome II...

made me think of this, not exactly related but a neat video about germanic fags

fuck, i forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=pcL0J_ndaUc&t=496s

Cicero update is starting to turn things around, game is a lot better now that there's no mana.

>Cicero update is starting to turn things around, game is a lot better now that there's no mana.
What, they removed the mana thing? Im actually tempted now to try it.

Wasn't there some bullshit response like "We're not trying to be historicly accurate, we're trying to be historicly authentic"?

They did, they also added 20 new building types to micro manage your pops, commerce and income and they added new game mechanics like food and military experience your armies have.Though Cicero update is still in beta now so you need to own the game if you want to try out the changes they made as I don't know if you might be able to find anywhere to pirate the thing.

in response to female generals being everywhere

it's funny because that's failing to be historically authentic so the statement is just double speak

I couldn't give a rats ass about if there's a bug or not in a game that gives you too many of a certain looking character. Sure, it'll get fixed but honestly the outcry was retarded.

It is, it's also just them trying to deflect, they could've just said "Our internal tools show that they show up as X % of generals in the recruitment pool, if you don't pick them they'll still be there until you recruit them" or whatever.

Shit was fucking retarded

Have they changed the sex with the historical option?
I pick historical and half the generals and leaders are women...
Why give the fucking option.

I wonder why, it's not like they were sitting high on the hog. People praise Shogun 2 but it was honestly just another milktoast warscape release. At least now they seem to actively give a shit - but then again they also don't. I am still mad we didn't get Nanman/Shanyue in 3k because it leads to Sun Jian or Quan or whatever he is having the entire south to grow fat. It's such an egregious omission

I cannot go back to pre-warscape. There are little QoL or control features that are insufferable now. It's not like 1994 Xcom where you tradeoff clunkiness for depth. Combat was not any deeper, the AI was objectively worse and less intelligent than it is now (not saying much but they actually flank now), 3k diplomacy is better. I think Rome1 and MEdieval 2 had more soul with traits/ancillaries

I can't be so conceited as to think CA stole the phrase I used when I was modding back in the M2 day but I ran with the idea of "historically inspired, historically influenced, not a historical imitation". However that was never motivated by contemporary agenda. With female generals it should have limited it to if a female family member is ruler (or maybe queen) then she is allowed to command. Literally every single female general in antiquity was the faction leader. Cleopatra, Zenobia, Artemesia of Halicarnassus, Boudicca, there was not a single instance of a subordinate general or lord doing so.

I didn't give a huge shit because I could mod it out easily. It's in 3K that it's fucked because if you do that then the marriage options plummit.

'The corporate suits and workers of marketing just keep on falling for "women are at least half of our possible demographic" meme, and are deluded into thinking they should pander to female audiences as if girls are as likely to play historical strategy games as they are to play The Sims and Animal Crossing.

I don't know tbf I always play with the mixed gender option.

>just looked it up

holy fuck how could Paradox fuck up this badly?

those god damn lazy swedish arseholes were too cocky thinking everyone would buy yet another lazy mana game.

glad I didn't get sucked into it after how shit stellaris and hearts of iron 4 were.

>Implying
Roman women were cowardly shits like their men.

>Implying
What am I implying? I think you misread

Runs like shit.

>just play RTS senpai, it's got a deeper learning curve and there's more stuff to do
Lol

>believing that you celibacy gave strength
Practically every western civilization valued celibacy and disliked promiscuity
Its almost like there was a reason