Which classic Zelda game should get the Link's Awakening treatment next?

Which classic Zelda game should get the Link's Awakening treatment next?

Attached: 43.jpg (1557x2000, 218K)

Attached: oracle-covers.png (768x368, 580K)

NONE
STOP PLAYING THESE FUCKING SHIT REMAKES AND PLAY THE GODDAMN ORIGINAL FUCKING GAMES
FUCKING STOP KILLING VIDEOGAMING WITH THIS SHIT

Zelda 2

Zelda 1

There was no reason to remake this game unless it was an overhaul type of remake like making it 3D

Some games have stood the test of time better than others. I would never want to see a Minish Cap remake because it still looks good, but LA needed a fresh coat of paint.

None. As a Links Awakening fan they fucking ruined the remake with the shitty artstyle and gay toy look.

This is the only correct answer

That's a great illustration, it should look like that and not like a soft plastic toy.

You can remake the game to just simply make it better in every field, like Ninja Warriors Once Again.

This so much
Fuck off zoomers.

I'd like to see a WW style remake of MM

this

THIS
I'M SO FUCKING MAD AT THIS SOULLESS REMAKE, IT DESTROYED MY CHILDHOOD, RAPED MY PARENTS, AND COMPLETELY ERASED ALL COPIES OF THE CLASSIC LINK'S AWAKENING FROM EXISTENCE
THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED

I'd like a new game instead

this x10000

Agree. The rest is unnecessary.

How about a game from a different series getting this sort of polished-up remake? Earthbound with these kind of visuals would look really nice.

Such a colorful, cute art style doesn't really fit with how fucking dark Link's Awakening actually is.

This art style unironically would fit earthbound perfectly, regardless of how much people seem to hate it, but that's because it already had the clay aesthetic in the artwork.

>dark undertones and a bittersweet ending make a game dark

klonoa: the darkest game ever
earthbound: the darkest story ever told
paper mario color splash: move over Harlan Ellison

>bittersweet ending
There's nothing sweet about LA's ending. It's all bitter.

I've seen this argument a lot but I just don't think it makes sense. Yeah the game had a few "dark" undertones, but the whole point was that koholint was meant to have a dreamlike quality to it, which I don't think a darker artstyle would suit. This is all subjective anyway, the devs just decided to go with a look that matched the way they perceived the game's world.

>Yeah the game had a few "dark" undertones, but the whole point was that koholint was meant to have a dreamlike quality to it, which I don't think a darker artstyle would suit.
Maybe not a much darker artstyle, but a more realistic one? I don't know, I just think the current style makes it look too much like a lighthearted adventure. Unless they're intentionally going for juxtaposition.

Wrong. Don't fuck with the original artstyle, it disrespects the creator.

Why is this game making Yea Forums seethe so much? Literally everywhere else is enjoying it.

So you don't like the original art style?

this

I don't really get it either. LA was probably my favorite Zelda as a kid, I just went and picked it up, I don't think the artstyle is great, but I'm not foaming at the fucking mouth.

desu I'd rather an EB/Mother 3 remake use the same pixel art but just in 1080p, I really can't see it any other way.

Attached: 39d0eb574cdf573877319c4fd10b9b3f.png (970x546, 404K)

It matches the artwork pretty well though

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_09_29_at_1.45.25_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 178K)

the game is 26 years old. it's difficult to find original copies. if you want to play the original, it's still fucking there, go ahead an pay out the ass on eBay for a Gameboy cartridge, or emulate it. this is a way for Nintendo to breathe life back into a classic game that a lot of people enjoyed.
nothing about this is killing video games, you overreacting autist.

not them but there was already an easy way to play it again via 3DS virtual console

Honestly, even if I personally don't like this remake all that much, I'm just glad that they are paying attention to what people want. This means they may make some new 2D Zeldas n the future if they think the market is there. Overall, this is a good thing,

Would it sell tho? Eathbound is still an obscure game.

Attached: QvmLJdx.jpg (1920x1080, 890K)

If they're bringing back trash like #FE then they can give the mother series another go

You can say the same about the Mother series

I don't understand. We're talking about remaking 20+ year old games from the 16bit era, why are you even bringing up SMTxFE?

And it doesn't fit Kirby as well but here we are.

Attached: 1558656083236.png (102x145, 15K)

Probably the game that needs it the most

None of them. The game is fucking hideous. The artstyle is disgusting and it looks bad and I don't know what the fuck they were thinking making the edges blurry.

Perfect engine and resources for them with LA out. Was there any concept art/anything for the third game before they shelved it?

I always considered LA to be nightmare leaning and surrealistic, kind of how getting to the Master Sword in ALttP was dreamy and surrealistic in contrast.

The original looks and plays like fucking shit.

Earthbound with a claymation artstyle ala Kirby and the Rainbow Curse would be god tier.

But what if...

Attached: earthbound_felt[1].jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

>nightmare leaning
huh, i never saw it like that

Grezzo should go bankrupt desu

>zelda should absolutely be butchered
>lets make the oracle games great again!
plz just stop

Your literally purging nightmares led by a nightmare creatively named Nightmare to wake the fish. I'd put it on par with Majora as far as dark undertones and aesthetic.

Fucking this. Minish cap is the last Zelda that needs to be remade, but Links Awakening was one of the first

It didnt really need a remake though. Not like that. I want more 2d Zelda with dank art like minish cap.

This game actually did deserve a remake, if only for the QoL improvements.

Actually, I think Earthbound could use a remake. The art style fits perfectly with earthbound. Not to mention something Mother related is better than nothing at all.

I would throw insane amounts of money for a felt Earthbound and a claymation Pikmin

>couldn't put original LA in as an option because they refuse to let Switch duplicate anything 3DS has
>couldn't make 2nd quest with redesigned dungeons
>couldn't even make it run at stable FPS
The only treatment there to be done is for people who greenlit this piece of shit

hopefully none as it looks fucking horrible and cheap as fuck

this, remake the vision of the game, not just copy paste it with cheap plastic looking visuals

the only reason they made it like that was due to it being on a ridiculously weak device

The kids are the most popular characters played on every Smash Bros. They can be carried off that exposure alone.

it's okay but you could do a million times better in today's world, besides the remake really doesn't fucking have the same vibe as the original when it comes to visuals either way

You're literally the first person to actually answer my question, so props to that.

Feels so good

Attached: IMG_20190920_220440.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

They did it right

based

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1079x1600, 161K)

Looks pretty gay, man.

But that's not a picture of you.

Attached: IMG_20190920_220440_1_1.jpg (714x442, 35K)

>Your literally purging nightmares
user, there's Mario enemies and Kirbies

Attached: NICEE.gif (352x240, 2.62M)

I like remakes, they bring better graphics, better controls, and quality of life improvements to nice game. They're patrician

>better graphics
>massive fps drops all over
>better conrols
>can't use d-pad
hue

i enjoy the plastic, hand-built aesthetic of LAHD, it goes really well with the simpler top-down and sidescrolling formulas and makes the world more endearing as a whole to me
combine that with the dungeon builder and we got a solid formula for a zelda maker
given the vast arsenal of tools and weapons that link gets in the top-down titles, i'd honestly love a game that could combine all of them and their uses into one huge game

i replayed a link to the past two weeks ago when it launched on the switch virtual console thingy.

i really shouldn't have, this game does not hold up favorably to alttp at all. literally tries to do everything it did but ends up doing a worse job. only exception really is that i give more of a shit about marin than zelda.

>sections between dungeons completely linear
>fucking owl is nearly as bad as fi and butts in every five minutes
>dungeons themselves have the opposite problem and require tedious backtracking
>MASSIVE over-reliance on keys/kill all easy monsters in room to open door, barely any interesting dungeon mechanics beyond this except for eagle tower's shit
>large swaths of the overworld are one off areas that are only relevant for five minutes like the desert and the castle

mini-bosses and bosses are ok i guess

Attached: babygrinch.jpg (640x640, 30K)

mmm delicious pasta

I didn't care for this before but I'm going to buy this now just to spite you.

fuck you i want people to comment on my opinion

>the Link's Awakening treatment
Do you mean a full-blown remake or a lazy 1:1 remake in a horrible new art style that adds absolutely nothing of value to the overall game?

A Minish Cap remake could be great though. It already looks 3D-ish so the style wouldn't have to change, just now it's in HD, has smooth animations, and characters aren't locked to 4 directions.
Also the tiny scenes could all be from Link's perspective, instead of him being 4 pixels big.

Absolutely not, the game stands just fine on its own to this day. At least 90% of its "faults" can be attributed to someone not gittin gud.

my kinda game desu

Whichever one doesn't have completely garbage framerate drops all the time. Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? Why are people putting up with this?

I don't think any games should be turned into soulless plastic

>remake a GameBoy game
>framerate drops

None. Make a completely new top-down Zelda that doesn't rely heavily on nostalgia or reusing a ton of shit from a previous game.
Digging up an old game to give it a new art style, barely add any new content, remove some content, and have it perform like shit despite looking simplistic is a shit thing to do.

Attached: wWQWXAH.png (600x446, 221K)

Well games aren't made of soulful paper user

>Itoi said no

Attached: earthbound_felt_2.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

As long as it contains more kino bears

Attached: IMG_20190918_054322.jpg (1920x1088, 302K)

Minish cap is such pure kino. I would buy a port For switch real fast.

I have this pad. Is there any way to force the game to use the d-pad? I can play pretty much any other switch game interchangeable with the d-pad and analog stick, why can't I play a fucking game that has 8-directional movement with it?

Attached: 8bitdo.jpg (466x466, 13K)

Would be cool but a lot more limited than Mario Maker imo, there's only so many ways you can fill a dungeon

well i dunno
i'd say the binding of isaac has a fair amount of design that could prove to be entertaining, such as dungeon shops, secret rooms, and whatnot
combine that with zelda's extra puzzle gimmicks and you could have a dungeon with pretty deep stuff

and it doesn't necessarily need to be underground if given a little creative liberty
something like the lost woods comes to mind

>YESH NINTENDO FEED ME MORE COMFY PLASTIC