Just played DS1-3 for the first time this summer after multiple playthroughs of each game and its DLC I gotta say

Just played DS1-3 for the first time this summer after multiple playthroughs of each game and its DLC I gotta say

Dark Souls 3 is the worst. I think the reason it's played is it looks pretty and they pretty much spent their time on making cool looking bosses. The good ones are dodge fests and there's a bunch of gimmick ones. It's absurdly linear and story/art design wise it tries to suck DS1 dick too much. Playing as a sorcerer or cleric in this is also underwhelming as fuck.

Also DS2 wasn't that bad it was actually kinda cool, I think it just went for a quantity over quantity approach but if bosses aren't the reason you play the game it's really fun.

Attached: SoulOfCinder.jpg (1200x1575, 1.13M)

DS3 plays better, looks better, sounds better, is mechanically superior, has better level and enemy design than 2. It's got by far the best set of bosses with maybe BB rivaling it solely due to consistency.
The game is much less interesting than BB and DaS but don't let that conflate it's solid quality to shit. 2 feels like shit, has no memorable bosses or areas in its base game, looks like a gamecube game and has the least interesting enemy roster in the whole series

seething
stay mad ds3 cock sucker

what about that post seemed mad to you?

>story/art design wise it tries to suck DS1 dick too much.

Explain this?

>I HATE DARK SOULS 2!

Attached: download (1).jpg (211x239, 9K)

DS3 was definitely better than DS2 since the AI was actually improved unlike in DS2, but it was shit compared to Bloodborne. Also the NPC invaders sucked ass unlike the ones in the DS2 DLC

I don't like my sequels are sequels. I want them to be like DS2 which has no references to DS1 at all besides the lordvessel, the lord souls, the sunlight altar/sunbro covenant, solaire shield....

DUDE GWYNDOLYN

DUDE TWO PRINCES THAT LOOK JUST LIKE GWYNDOYLN AND HAVE THE SAME VOICE ACTOR

DUDE SIF

DUDE ARTORIAS X3

DUDE DEMONS LMAO

So the same thing DS2 did?

Anyone saying that DS3 is worse than DS2 is a retard and nobody should listen to his opinion.

They're not retarded user, they're just secondaries who started the series with DS2 and likely didn't play DS1 much if at all, and certainly didn't play Demon's Souls

Ds2 was the best imo. But I don't have 10k hrs logged on tf2 like the rest of vedit

Attached: 1560845368521.jpg (540x528, 64K)

OP here,

The game just really tried to retread a lot of the first one with the lore and their solution to making it original was to make it edgy. Irithyll/ Anor Londo with Aldrich and Gwyndolin being the big giveaway, but also in small shit like Oceiros being a guy that looks like seath or soul of cinder being a big ol "member dark souls 1" fight. It's heavy handed if you care about the story and even if you don't visually it's just really lacking. It looks pretty in snow but guess what so did Ariandel in DS1 and then you realize they just reuse the same tricks as before.

And yeah, DS2 looked bad, but it definitely had its moments that were completely different from 1 or 3 and fan service was way more in line with what people """"supposedly""" like about dark souls. The cycle thing was done way better in DS2 and the royalty plotline was way more personal and engaging.

The only thing I actually hated about DS2 in my playthroughs of it were what the fuck are these invasions? Jesus christ did they just decide to throw as many things at me as they can?

>They're not retarded user, they're just secondaries who started the series with DS2 and likely didn't play DS1 much if at all, and certainly didn't play Demon's Souls

nigga my OP post literally said I played through them all yeah I beat DS1 a bunch of times it's fucking great. Demon's souls I played up to a point on PS3 but I was like 18 at the time and the halving of the HP and online kept triggering my autism at the time. I didn't get over it till this year I'm probably gonna emulate it just so I can say I beat it too

>emulating it
Be prepared to use cheats or not use boss weapons.

Funny because people (rightfully) complained about DS2 having a bunch of pointless references to DS1 in it when it came out since it just had a bunch of REMEMBER THIS THING LOOK IT'S HERE NOW EVEN THOUGH THAT MAKES LITERALLY NO SENSE LORE WISE unlike DS3 where the majority of the references to 1 were at least relevant to the lore in some way
Meanwhile DS2 has each archdemon using the lord souls. Why? Because DS1 reference. Or the lordvessel shattered in the basement of Majula. Why? Cause it was in DS1, remember it? And other things of that nature. Not to mention the story was actually fucking nothing until they released 4 DLCs and SOTFS to completely retcon the story into something that existed instead of just being "Sheniqua was an asshole and now you have to fight her as the lamest final boss since True King Allant".
Oh and don't even get me fucking started on the DS2 team's idea of "balance" patches were just "nerfe the FOTM weapons/spells until LITERALLY every weapon except straight swords, one greatsword, and rapiers are unusable garbage" like some bizarro DS3 shit.

When will the meme that making a game look pretty takes away the gameplay focus of them. Modelers don't work on gameplay mechanics.

DaS=BB>DeS=Sekiro>DaS3>DaS2

My first ds3 run was faith build and holy shit lightning was so fucking bad, like you couldn't kill the weakest of enemies with a full spell load

Amen
DaS2 fucking sucks. It honestly looks like a chinese knockoff dark souls

Attached: 1451975899494.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

>bloodborne dicklicker likes ds3
Wow I'm shocked

It's easier to say "he's mad" instead of giving a contra argument.

Agree with everything except no memorable bosses in main game.
Darklurker is a great fight

as someone who only played ds3 i gotta say ds3 is the best and worst souls game.