Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_z29U6kc6hI
youtube.com/watch?v=vjMumRjZxY4
unbalance.co.jp/software/psychic/p2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=h9mOjHzTFiQ
youtu.be/g177cE_Or7Y
capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Yuki_Iwai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice omitting of the fact that most of the ports aren't as quality as the original.

it's the Vita of home consoles (or rather the opposite), solid enough library but lost most of its exclusives a couple of years after its release

both are good systems though

Really? When did the Power Stone games get ported? I must have missed that.

>Power Stone
it's on PSP

Congratulations on discovering what Sega thought almost two decades ago.
You must be so clever

The Dreamcast is the comfiest system of all time.

Zoomie here, what is the thing on the right? Looks like a little shitty gameboy

Checkmate

Attached: Gundam_Side_Story_0079_-_Rise_From_the_Ashes_Coverart.png (256x254, 129K)

Dynamite cop, faggot

What are all the good exclusives and definitive versions of games that are on the Dreamcast?

You mean to tell me a console they took out of the market 15 years ago doesn't have good exclusives anynore?!

The visual memory card, some games had little programs that you could play there aside from keeping your savefile, like Sonic Adventure with his virtual pet and shit

MvC2
That's it

Name some

R3

It’s on The psp if I remember correctly, op is kinda right desu

the dc has the best ports of just about every fighter
also wheres project justice at

sa1 on dc was the best most stable version of that game outside of fanmade pc patches

THPS1
Vigilante 8: Second Offense
Rush 2049
Basically every fighting game and shmup (they were mostly Naomi ports so they were as perfect as possible)

>Power Stone 1 & 2 (PSP isn't a console you retard)
>Dynamite Cop
>Giga Wing 1 & 2
>Mars Matrix
>Zombie Revenge
>Confidential Mission
>Fighting Vipers 2
>Project Justice
>Tech Romancer
>Guts' Rage
>Border Down
>Virtua Fighter 3tb
>Virtua Tennis
>EGG

None of these games have been on another console. Any other multiplats took anywhere from 5-20 fucking years to finally get off the Dreamcast like Virtual On which JUST got an announcement last week.

>definitive versions of games that are on the Dreamcast

pretty much any game that's only Dreamcast and a 5th gen system

Attached: DC_MARS_MATRIX.jpg (455x449, 42K)

Grandia 2 got ported to PS2 and was shit compared to dreamcast. Although nowadays the newest PC version is the best way to even play it nowadays. There's probably a few other cases but generally

*generally DC was best to play on
Had a stroke there.

Pretty sure virtua tennis is on Ps2

>although nowadays
>play it nowadays
God, stop trying to sound intelligent it doesn't work.

I just wanted to name a example.

This, toss in illbleed and tokyo xtreme racer, you got a solid list.

Gotta take out giga wing 1 and 2 tho, its on switch now with the psiko collection

Imagine if your fucking memory card was also a small handheld in its own right, with its own (free) games.
You know what a memory card is, at least, right?
Anyway, you see the hole in the controller? You literally turn the VMU (the gameboy memory card thing) upside-down and stick it in there. And the screen then shows you info (such as options for plays in NFL 2K which would mean your opponent can't screenwatch to see what you're doing) or just some cute little animation.
God fuck this console has soul oozing out of every pore. We talk a lot about how sad it is the DC died early on Yea Forums since it failed almost entirely on Sega's reputation, when its merit as a console was actually excellent, but it's also important to be glad it ever happened and that Sega went out at their best at least.

I can't name a single inferior version on the DC.
Ports to other 6th gen consoles looked worse every time. Somewhat strange because I don't think the DC was any more powerful.
Ports from 5th gen consoles obviously got a huge upgrade.
Only contenders are remasters in more recent years, such as Grandia 2 whose PC version has a much-needed Hard Mode, but there aren't a huge number of those.

Sega gt

Blue stinger is goat

Nvm

Attached: 6457-daytona-usa-dreamcast-front-cover.jpg (661x650, 119K)

Why does nobody ever talk about Sega Rally 2? Just because they prefer 1?
I always found 2 much more fun, and certainly the DC version is far more impressive than the Saturn's version of 1.

Attached: sega rally 2.gif (327x251, 1.74M)

Attached: 34123.png (501x743, 300K)

I remember playing TXR back in the day and facing against one of the Top 4 -- a big pink car. I was down to just a bare sliver, but managed to get in front of him. I got him down to a sliver as well, but then we got at a small gathering of cars at a tunnel entrance, and he managed to drive over like, 2 or 3 of them and got in front of me for the last second.

Dreamcast looks better than lazy ports

People shit on Dreamcast now but you were a pleb if you didnt have one when it was current.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle had objectively worse graphics and lighting, likely because it was ported in such short time. If you're not playing it for the Chao system or broken 2P mode, then there's no reason to play it.

Attached: knux.png (628x266, 228K)

Rayman 2 is arguable
Not everyone likes the hub worlds of the PS2 version and it's got horrible loading times.

I thought Grandia PC is constantly shit on as a bad port and is the basis of the shitty Switch port as well.

>old console has all it's good games ported to new consoles
Unexpected and shocking

Attached: 1541362562309.jpg (685x474, 62K)

Dreamcast had so many godlike fighting games on it

>3rd Strike
>Alpha 3
>Soulcalibur
>CvS2
>JoJo's
>GGX
>Marvel 2
>Project Justice
>DOA2
>Last Blade 2
>KoF98
>KoF02
>Dead or Alive 2
>Virtua Fighter 3

It's a shame that the DC version of Garou sucks ass

Im lucky of never have play that shit in my life.

I think you might be confused with the early 2000 PC port. Because the new PC version is honestly solid enough that there isn't anything very wrong with it.

DAAYYYTOOOONNNAAAAAAAAA

you listed DoA2 twice
>no Virtua On

DOA2 is that good

>I can't name a single inferior version on the DC.

Garou

>Virtua On
Supreme taste
but wasn't there an XBLA port?

A Dreamcast Mini would be fucking awesome if they could get the right games on it. I would actually buy one.

current sega would botch this pretty badly. Would probably run off something that doesn't emulate shit correctly just like all the ports that came from the original.

>caring about any other console after DC
DC was the last good console before PS2 and XBox loaded them up with style over substance shitware and GC was Standard Fucking Boring Nintendo Fare. If you didn't move exclusively to PC in the early 2000s, you failed as a gamer.

No, you were an idiot for wasting your money when the PS2 was right around the corner.

ALIEN FRONT ONLINE

Where's my Cannon Spike port then faggot? How about Border Down? Zero Gunner 2 port sucks big time too, playing on dreamcast is preferable.

Name one fucking game that wasn't Katamari on the PS2 that was any good. You can't. I fucking bought a goddamn PS2 on release and that shit along with a standard stack of what was promised to be "good" games over its lifetime, collected fucking dust while I continued to play Dreamcast's awesome fucking games.

Attached: Red_Dog_-_Superior_Firepower_Coverart.png (252x252, 143K)

It's kind of a shame dreamcast emulation still hasn't reached competency. It's near impossible to find an emulator that's capable of netplay or connecting to servers, and the ones that can have too many issues to count.

I just want one good dreamcast emulator before I die.

Dreamcast's good but don't be retarded user ps2 had a ton of great games like God Hand, DMC, Shattered Soldier, Gradius V, all those cool light gun games and way more

Those games are just like today's modern trash. Style over substance shit that attacts nugamer idiots with gimmicks and delivers garbage gameplay.

>Project Justice
>Border Down
>Bangai-O
>Mars Matrix
>Giga Wing
>Giga Wing 2
Kappa.png

BUT
It is a testament to how good it was that nearly every fucking game off this thing was ported to gamecube (and some to ps2 and xbox)
>skies of arcadia
>phantasy star online
>sonic adventure
>jet set radio
>powerstone

it really did have one of the strongest launches of any console, really amazing that it failed

you're trying too hard

>God Hand
>DMC
>Shattered Soldier
>Gradius V
>all oldschool, hard but fair, with high skill ceilings
"StYLe OvEr SuBsTaNcE"

Attached: you already know.jpg (672x500, 35K)

All of them are entirely gameplay centered arcade style games, light gun games are straight up arcade ports, many like god hand were even shit on for their lackluster presentation on release

>really amazing that it failed
it didn't help that it was ungodly easy to pirate games for

Dark Cloud and shadow of the colossus were both good games

But 90% of ps2s catalog was dogshit, for every dot hack you had a hundred wii-tier shovelware

It's got some of the best versions of those games though. Even though you gotta resort to importing to get several of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=_z29U6kc6hI

Attached: cv_usa_braze_front.jpg (650x650, 199K)

God Hand is style over substance? Christ, what am I reading?

Kino as fuck. Ugh I want to play it again

Trying to save gaming from the fucking vast wasteland it's become mostly thanks to Sony and Nintendo and Microsoft's fucked up influence in the late 90s/early 2000s onward? You're damn right I'm trying hard. Trying to fucking fix gaming from the bullshit it is today by making you fucking kids who have been BRAINWASHED by these goddamn companies into thinking garbage games are good realize what good gaming actually is and fucking should be.
You are GODDAMN RIGHT I'm trying too hard. And still failing because you fucking kids are too goddamn brainwashed and won't fucking listen to reason, common sense, and logic.

webm related

Attached: bait apple.webm (960x720, 680K)

Reminder that Redream is a great emulator in terms of functionality. Fuck the dev for wanting people to pay to get proper HD resolutions and more than one save state, but as someone that prefers playing these games classic style, that doesn't bother me personally.

just use flycast

Soul Calibur omits the entire Mission Battle mode from the Dreamcast on HD systems.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

The key here OP is whether any of those ports are better than the Dreamcast version. There's quite a few games where this isn't the case.

>Rayman 2
>Soul Reaver
>MvC2 (HD versions are delisted)
>Sonic Adventure

>oldschool
My fucking ass. All goddamn modern garbage with shit gameplay.
>hard but fair
Fair for people addicted to a bad game to try their best into making it good in their mind so they won't spoil the illusion companies have plainted in their weak minds.
>high skill ceilings
It's called "artificial difficulty" and it's shit.
>SotC
>a repetitive shitshow with ass controls
>good
Jesus fucking hell bitch shit, kids.

Fuck Bernie Stolar.

Never played it, might give it a try though, it looks good.

Attached: 1553490005364.gif (500x370, 1.87M)

t. zoom-zoom. Have a pity (You).

Sotc was a good game. Not the masterpiece its propped up as but it was unique at the time and is well made

its a treasure trove of weird no name titles. pretty much all of them i downloaded were interesting. but most of them have gotten ports by now because of their obscurity, desu

This nigga knows whats up

youtube.com/watch?v=vjMumRjZxY4

Cringe

I want this to be ported to PC

Attached: psychic force 2012.jpg (200x198, 14K)

>OH NO NO NO

Attached: Sword_of_the_Berserk.jpg (650x650, 78K)

It's more aesthetic than other consoles.

Gaystation 2?

Virtual-On OT was ported to 360.

Mate the DC version was fucked, terrible frame rate issues. You could put in a low detail cheat code and it still couldn't hit 60fps. This along with the pc version which is a cunt to run now. It's such a shame, I love sr2. It's shit like this which is why I believe Daytona 2 and scud race never made it to home consoles, they just couldn't fucking do it. The DC Daytona game handling was a fucking mess too.

There was also just a Virtua-On Collection announced for PS4

segagaga

Never played this when I had my Dreamcast back in the day. Every day since has been suffering

Yeah. The post I was replying to made it sound like the ps4 version is the first time it's been off of the dreamcast. Granted they're both actually ports of the arcade version.

But dreamcast berserk is it's best game

>Skies of Arcadia

Nice gif, matched the frame rate of the port

Most of its library was ported to other consoles. It had a fantastic library.

I just tried that with GunLord because Redream plays it incredibly slowly for some reason, and now Flycast can't stop speeding up when there's less shit on screen.

...was on the Gamecube

>worth playing

Yeah no shit the good games got ported elsewhere. The console got fucking discontinued after like 3 years. Why would companies let their games rot on a dead console if they can afford not to?

People like you were laughed at on a routine basis in the early 2000s. The DC died a fucking death no doubt, but if you didn't pick up a cheap DC which was fucking cracked out of the box, man you were just a total moron. Sony really had a hold over stupid people pre-ps3.

Attached: scarymonster3.png (1355x762, 870K)

>Redream plays it incredibly slowly for some reason, and now Flycast can't stop speeding up when there's less shit on screen
this is exactly what i mean. every emulator has some annoying issue and it just comes down to picking the lesser evil

Literally soul calibur. First game off top of my head. No port has the mission mode - I.e the fucking actual meat of the game. Why does this thread even exist lmao

Glad this thread exists. Excited to learn what other gems I can burn for my Dreamcast. Keep it coming bros.

Currently downloading Psychic Force and Berserk thanks to you!

You'd know, right?

Did Tech Romancer or Project Justice ever get ported? I wish Capcom wasn't so embarrassed of that era. They made some funky shit.

maken x since shao is basically a different game and is not as good as the original

There's a reason for that. It wouldn't have got them because the fucking thing probably couldn't even run them. Could you imagine a gta3 port on the dreamcast.. It's a yikes from me

It was though

gta 3 runs on the dreamcast. The issues lie in the fucking gd rom being so limited in space.

Keep fighting brother. Fellow Sega warrior here, we must never stop

>Hydro Thunder
>Ready 2 Rumble Boxing / Round 2
>Virtua Tennis 2 - Tennis 2K2
>Toy Commander
>NBA on NBC Showtime
>Zombie Revenge
>4X4 Evo
>Sega Swirl
>Metropolis Street Racer

>What is Illbleed.

I can’t even bring myself to bait you with Gundam Side Stories on ps3

When you hear the DC music, then hear the gc music.. You know they aren't the same game user.

IIRC, this was suppose to be a trilogy like Blue Destiny. But then again, BD title specifically have the numbers in them, so maybe it was just rumor

No chance the environment could be rendered in a playable state with the dcs limited ram. I agree with the storage point you raised

Propeller Arena, Toy Commander, Virtua Fighter 3 TB, Virtua Tennis 1, Soulcalibur1, Fighting Vipers 2, Project Justice, Metropolis Street Racer

There is also Crazy Taxi 2 that is on PSP, but psp wasnt good for this. Same as Power Stone collection despite being able to fight with every character in both games
I guess Sega Rally 2 since it should be a pain to make it work on pc these days

SA1, less glitches, better shading and lightning SA2, better shading and lighting, best versions of Hero and Dark gardens, some dlc ruled out of Battle(menu voices, more kart racing tracks). It also plays a bit better here. Sound sounds better, Battle and HD have terrible loud sound mixing(like in Final Rush, that is pretty notorius)
Soul Calibur 1 is the only complete version of that game.
SoA ost sounded much better here, but GC has more extras
Shenmue games dont have any glitches or weird bugs, or music problems like HD had. Shenmue 1 had a 4th disc with content(cat info, people's info, that cgi explaining the game, cutscenes, ost, ranking, a store, etc) that is absent of HD
Grandia 2 best version is still DC
Crazy Taxi without a butchered soundtrack.
JSR that is missing one track in the HD
Some fighting games are still better there like Capcom Vs
Best multiplat versions, like Ready 2 Rumble
Arcade ports are perfect

That mode was great. No long ass labyrinths like in 2

tokyo xtreme racer

Explain, unless you mean emulators which doesn't count.

>sharts in your thread

Attached: MV5BOGJjN2M2YjItNzVkNi00ZTVkLTgxOTUtNjBjNDYwZjllMTIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg (3200x3235, 683K)

D2.
Check and mate.

Think it's the only DC game to get an M rating.

Attached: D2_Video_Game.jpg (290x247, 18K)

house of the dead 2?
RE code veronica?
quake 3?
that berserk game?

It literally released on windows. Do I have to explain further?

Project Justice

Hipster game. I still own it physical though. Blue stinger was their better game.

Well fuck you too then.

Dude, seriously? Blue Stinger was garbage compared to Illbleed. Illbleed could have been a masterpiece if they'd spent more time instead of rushing it as hard as they did.

>turning on a dreamcast

Attached: Engine-fb-def-1-1-1600x700.png (1600x700, 1.63M)

dumb zoomer
unbalance.co.jp/software/psychic/p2.html

I mean it's a GC. GC has the worst ports of a ton of good games since the GC was actual garbage.

Agreed my man

The gamecube was a good and very durable system. Marketing for it was about as good as marketing for the wii u however.

Also literally the guy who posted right above him lol

youtube.com/watch?v=h9mOjHzTFiQ

>PSP
So it's useless then.

Nobody ever seems to mention the Evolution games when it comes to good Dreamcast games and I don't know why. I really liked them. They were really solid jrpgs.

Attached: evolution.png (256x256, 131K)

Cope

GIVE ME DREAMCAST 2!

Attached: 1477949940371.png (350x357, 105K)

I remember this game being fucking dope. Only got to play it for a couple days on a rental Dreamcast, but this was one of the games I picked out because Gundam Wing was the shit around that time.
How hoes it hold up?

How come Sega doesn't make their own online store front like everyone else is these days where they sell all their games? Then they could style their storefront like Dreamcast or something.

Attached: 1478673729023.jpg (352x315, 41K)

My biggest complaint with this console was that it was loud as fuck

Oh and shipping with a dial-up modem built in instead of an Ethernet modem was fucking dumb

sega is pure, they arent tainted by the online market like modern companies such as snoy or nintendo. They are the arcade bois.

It would take effort when they can just put low budget effort into everything short of Yakuza and the occasional revival or Sonic game, money that they likely think could be better contributed to their arcade machines.

I want an updated Tech Romancer that brings back the original roster in its entirety and covers the ~20 years of mecha history since its release.

Attached: Tech Romancer Mecha.jpg (1700x1182, 626K)

Tech Romancer has some of the best music I've heard from a fighting game
Absolutely amazing.
youtu.be/g177cE_Or7Y

Werent both games connected? Could you share the savefile like Shenmue 1 and 2?

Because it is easier for them to rerelease genesis/md games forever.
I thought in 2012 they were trying to release often more Saturn and Dreamcast games, but boy, I was wrong and disappointed.

We were already lucky to have online in 99 to be fair. In my country they even gave for free the keyboard along with the dreamkey to boot the internet

Sounds like the same composer as the Mega Man Battle & Chase soundtrack.

Seaman

Close. She's put some work in on Mega Man, but B&C wasn't one of them.
capcom.fandom.com/wiki/Yuki_Iwai

>Mega Man Battle & Chase
apparently she did some megaman osts including X, I honestly didnt know that before now. Shes got quite the repertoire.

Resident Evil 2

Only version of the game that runs at 60fps. yes, that includes PC versions, including the 2006 version. Still runs at 30fps.

Even the GC version?

POWER STONE 2
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU CAPCOM? JUST DO A HD REMASTER WITH ONLINE SUPPORT FOR PSN ALREADY YOU FAGS.

I don't know why you people don't get it through your thick heads. They do stuff like Darkstalkers HD and no one buys it. Then they do a collection for Street Fighter, their #1 global fighting game franchise and even that only does so well. Power Stone HD has zero fucking chance to be worth their time and money developing unless a contractor offers to do it for cheap, but if that happens they'll probably fuck it up and people will get mad at Capcom for a shitty port again.

>Marvel vs Capcom games had no Power Stone rep

Fucking Crapcom. How the hell Fokker wasnt playable?

And a reminder that Power Stone 2 was supposed to have online but it was scrapped because Dreamcast was about to be killed in 6 months along with the online features

Apparently Sega of America was trying to release more ports and make a mobile catalog of all sorts of Sega games through the Sega Forever lineup, but it's looking like the same old terrible mobile ports and even worse Genesis emulation. Then again, that's all Sega of America does nowadays.

Doesnt the Dreamcast version have that weird overly red color correction?

Any game that was a Naomi port is best on DC because it's the same hardware.

is there anything comfier bros??

Attached: 3EB624E4-E9C2-434C-BA3B-18E238ECC92B.jpg (3024x3356, 2.06M)

using any kind if different controller

Jet Set Radio Future is STILL an original Xbox Exclusive with no port in sight.

And yes it's worth playing and I want to play it in HD