Will we ever get a game to dethrone this?

Will we ever get a game to dethrone this?

Attached: Dead_by_Daylight_Steam_header.jpg (460x215, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=smuYNwK9uvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope so

No. Which is a shame because after three years the game is still a mess. Especially for survivor. I legit don't know how people find holding M1 then running around in a circle fun. I heard the new chapter is great. But I know they haven't fixed anything about the balance so who cares.

Attached: 1442602850590.jpg (1000x726, 102K)

Speaking of Dead, how was Last Year? I heard it released, but nobody was selling it.

Became a tin of worms apparently.

i hope so, too bad apparently BHVR had a lightning in a bottle moment despite all their retardation, and everyone else is too retarded to succeed in something relatively simple
maybe that new RE game?

Fun for a bit then boring, it becamse too predictable as maps playout the same. So you know how to preedrun them and where to avoid going. That and it died, because they made it a Discord store exclusive.

i dislike running in a circle, so i play nurse because im an asshole
i enjoy the anger in postgame chat

>discord store exclusive
fucking why?

It looks jank as fuck and some random no name studio is making it. the real hope is the Predator game. Since 75% of Friday the 13th's issues were due to the whole legal IP battle. I know it's PS4 exclusive so far, but I guarantee it comes to PC since it's multiplayer only and Sony have opened up about allowing teir games to go to PC. This would be the perfect test bed imo.
I loved Nurse but I got bored of her quickly. She's too strong, so once you learn blinks and read how a survivor plays it's GG.

Nope

Who here does this shit?
Cause I know I do, and it's great.

Attached: tumblr_pnxcqmpjCM1ubkx9o_1280.jpg (800x450, 74K)

Asymmetrical multiplayer isn't fun as soon as the game stops being "dick around" without a lot of extra dimensions. Game is great for a bit when you can get immersed in the role, but eventually it becomes too much just about winning and you lose all care for the spooky "natural" jumpscares which felt so great.

Every game feels like a routine flowchart
>Get on gen
>Run if killer is close to you
>Don't if he isn't
>Go to help injured people about 1/4 of the time
>Hopefully don't get focussed by the killer so you can escape
>Kill is worse, hold W and click survivors when they're close, use M2 if they start looking like they're having fun to catch up to them

Without communication between survivors it's basically luck that you don't all make cock ups, and with communication its piss easy to at least get a three door. There's so much etiquette and shit involved too it's just a hassle.

>Discord Store exclusivity
This was announced like a month or two before EGS become a big thing so I bet they're kicking themselves

yeah, i just read about the RE game on the other thread on here. rip, guess we'll have to wait longer for someone to make BHVR get their head out of their ass

>She's too strong
that's why i play her, i give no mercy for survivorniggers, even though i mainly play survivor myself

Next question.

Attached: OBK_package-1.jpg (800x1014, 329K)

Deathgarden legit ruined DbD for me. And now it's dead.
>Dedicated servers
>Both sides have multiple things to do
>Both actually require skill
>Mostly balanced
>Optimised and isn't bug ridden
>All from the same devs that made Dead by Daylight a game way more popular and yet worse in every way
I honestly believe it's dying because scav isn't just a free win like DbD. The leaderboards showing ther's always 4-5x more survivors than killers really shows why they cater to them in DbD.

Attached: 1446842712196.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

>timing 2nd wind+adrenaline correctly can make you take 4 hits
I swear every update brings 20 new annoying bugs to the table

Attached: 1429681053154.png (907x669, 293K)

>Playing hillybilly

yeah, deathgarden looked alright, i waited to on release though, and it died instantly, what a shame

>Survivor gets pissy as fuck because you run NoED
Makes me laugh every single time.

>Survivor gets pissy as fuck because of NOED
>Survivor gets pissy as fuck because you picked perks that slow gen progress
>Survivor gets pissy as fuck if you play nurse or spirit
>Survivor gets pissy as fuck in general
ftfy

Friday the 13th was the superior game and way more fun. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: you cant

Dead by daylight is still getting support

too bad legal issues killed it

Attached: 1564447938032.jpg (853x552, 73K)

whether that's true or not it's still dead and didn't dethrone it

maybe if the devs knew how to QA and not be retarded

My favorite is hanging some faggot and everyone gets salty when you camp them. It’s not my fault the game has horrible design decisions

>yellow ranker strats

I gave up hope after MoM. I still cannot get over them finally nerfing DS after 2 1/2 years to then replace it with an even more cancerous perk. I don't care they fixed it fast, it still made it in.
I loved Deathgarden. The devs seem to really care about that game and listen to people's complaints, which makes it all the sadder it can't keep a playerbase no matter how hard they try. I stopped playing only because I never got EU servers, I always had that slight bit of delay that was noticeable when trying to mark stuff.

Friday the 13th got fucked over by a legal battle but it’s still way more exciting and dynamic than DBD would ever hope to be. It’s insanely addictive and the bantz are hilarious

>Since 75% of Friday the 13th's issues were due to the whole legal IP battle.
No it fucking wasn't you dumb piece of shit. Stop defending those incompetent devs at GUN. They took the money from the F13 kickstarter and abandoned ship once they realised their game was sinking and they still had a ton of stretch goals to fulfill.
The lawsuit did not cause Killer Puzzle to be pulled from the store
The lawsuit did not cause the Jason MKX DLC to be removed
The lawsuit did not cause Jason merchandise licensing deals to come to an abrupt end. Hell, new merch ended up appearing
The lawsuit isn't preventing the production of new releases of the F13 movies
The lawsuit didn't stop the production of the Nintendo Switch version.
The only thing the lawsuit did was provide Gun with a cover up and you morons keep spreading this fucking lie around as the God damn truth. F13 was not the success they were expecting it to be and that is largely in part to the developer being absolutely terrible at their job by releasing a bug ridden unstable mess that managed to get worse with each optimization patch. They did nothing to address the bugs that plauged the game or balancing issues that would turn Jason into a pinata.

Tl;dr: the game was trash.

Attached: 764.png (680x383, 297K)

>hang some faggot
>all his friends come swarming out
>cry when you camp
i fucking hate survivors in this game but i get too stressed playing killer

Attached: 1565031425079.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

Which killers are top tier but also fun? I already play Myers and Huntress, looking to buy another while the Steam sale is still going on.

DS got buffed

How tf do you get better at killer

>688 players currently
> dead

It’s Friday afternoon and it isn’t even double xp. What are you smoking?

Spirit

>Both actually require skill
>The leaderboards showing ther's always 4-5x more survivors
That's straight up why it's dead. After 3 years of DbD no one can refute me when I say if survivors were balanced or required any skill this game would be dead too.

Here's a less shit version, user

Attached: 1564719474462.gif (400x225, 506K)

Nurse, spirit
not sure about the new one but a 12 dollar chapter is a hard sell

Did it? I haven't played since Plague/Pig nerfs. I kind of liked the tunneling idea they added, but I never played against it much so no idea if it's a buff or not overall.

spirit is for big brains who enjoy having mindgames hilariously favoured for them
nurse is for when you want to fucking murder people, i find it fun crushing survivors but you might be different

based, thank you user

Is Ghost Face good? I wanna get better with him cuz he looks neat. Also how do you play Spirit?

Spirit. Use your ears.
Bubba if you're in low ranks and just want to trash on low skill survivors
Avoid Clown, Pig and Legion
Plauge doesn't exist.

So? Shut up. All survivor cucks like to tbag at exit gate. Nothing better than trapping them in with you while you have NOED

The game devolved into Jasons teleporting ontop of and breaking everyones necks every match. It was insanely boring.

Attached: 1523185834689.gif (200x160, 904K)

even low ranks as killer is garbage because there's so many survivors smurfing in SWF squads, or having their low rank buddy host the group, its fucked

Hag can be good

Spotted the low skill pleb

Not really. Spirit is easy nurse. Hit them, phase walk, hit them again. Mind games at windows and pallets always favour you. And even better prayer beads makes it impossible for the survivor to even know if you're coming so you get a free hit always or even better a gen grab if it doesn't bug out. I think Spirit is the best killer in the gmae purely because she's braind dead easy to play and requires zero skill unlike Nurse.

>tfw we will never get jason x jason or level
>tfw we will never get a manhattan level
>tfw boomers ruin everything again

Attached: 1539132481952.png (645x719, 28K)

>60 seconds free to do whatever you want.
>can hop in a locker if you don't want to slugged
>enduring not longer effect DS stuns

Multiple survivors running BT and DS let them play extremely recklessly.

There's zero skill involved in that game, its why it died well before the copyright shit.

>enduring not longer effect DS stuns
No way did they nerf enduring, really? Does spirit fury+enduring still work at least?

it does, thankfully

>want to play killer but i have to get bubba to 40 first for his perk
>suck ass with the chainsaw
I just wanna try Spirit REEEE

you can just use the bloodpoints you gain from playing other killers, that's what i did with bubba

Demogorgon is super fun and actually good

ased version
youtube.com/watch?v=smuYNwK9uvc

Wouldn't you be gimping yourself since you'll increase your killer rank but not killer level, and you'll more than likely hit survivors with full loadouts?

That's the other thing. The game was dead before the lawsuit hit. Gun tried all sorts of shit to get people back in, from advertising movie characters coming into the game, teasing other Jason's, adding the worst "Jason" for some reason, and even finally releasing their single player mode (which was now reduced down to "challenges").
No one came back.
And then the exit gates open when the lawsuit hit the news circuit.

that's why i play survivor
also i find low ranks tend to be just as shit for killer as high ranks, that or its a tossup on shit survivors or smurfs

simplicity is key when it comes to asymmetrical multiplayer, otherwise it becomes an unbalanced mess

well, more unbalanced than it already is right now, but that's the nature of asym

Ranks reset anyways, who cares.

Fair enough, time to learn the Killers I wanna play like Spirit, Nurse, Freddy, Clown and Legion.

This should've been a battle royale between the killers.

Attached: 244ca03e4443734d22ef66ca82224ef03da0f8230a51ab9e5e29293dd63ee1f0.png (800x750, 132K)