Why so much people hate Uncharted 4? It's way better than the third one

Why so much people hate Uncharted 4? It's way better than the third one.

Attached: uncharted4.jpg (227x284, 18K)

Druckmann

it's way better than the second one as well

Attached: 1554480445595.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

The Nadine 2-on-1 scene makes no sense. You can brawlmill so many fucking soldiers kn 1 2 and 3, but god forbid you manage to land a punch on a strong black woman WITH BROTHER BACK UP

The Online Died quickly, Plunder mode was a mess. Team Deathmatch was semi fun for a bit. Co-op was kind of boring with 10 Waves of challenges and whatnot.

Honestly should have gone with the way Uncharted 2 had with Weapon pickups. I heard the multiplayer for UC4 would've had Vehicles but it kind of got scrapped.
Overall Boring 5v5 and singleplayer was what you expect.

the oneline has always been alive wtf are you talking about, a majority of uc4 sales outside people wanting the game came from ps4 bundles

Not in 2019, last I checked it was dead,

3 is an absolute mess so it’s not hard to better.
The correct ranking is 2>LL>4>3>1

It wasn't that bad, but personally I think every Uncharted game was slightly worse than the one before. The worst part of Uncharted 4 was the magically strong black female, those cutscenes where she somehow overpowered the mc were rage inducing.

Multiplayer and Singleplayer yeah I agree, I got 100% on the Treasures with those Different modes. There was one Gamemode where you become enemy bots against players, it was alright but most hated it.

Really? You think 4 is worse than 3’s spooky drug dart teleporting man, bulllet sponge enemies and multiple chapters that have literally no impact on the plot?

Uncharted is just the poor mans Gears of War.

I played them all back to back after they had all been released, so the games do tend to blue and mechanics don't matter as much to me as story.

UC4 was fun, but unlike the first three games, I did not platinum it. I have little to no interest in replaying it, for some reason.

The story is a little hamfisted as Sam was originally the bad guy, but once Cuckmann kicked Hennig out of the company he decided to split the antagonist into Rafe and Nadine and it just never seems to slot in properly.

Also I prefer Lost Legacy taking a non-linear approach to the gameplay since it makes it feel like a game and not a movie.

I always liked all the Uncharted games but 4 definitely has way too much platforming
Also Nadine is an awful character with an indestructible plot armor
But I still loved it

Because it's worse than 2.

4 would be the best one but there's about 3 or 4 chapters that are absolute garbage
>tutorial childhood level
>walking around the house childhood level
>the following two chapters on the island used to pick up the pace back to where it perfectly peaked before Drake fell off the cliff.
Really this game should have been 4-5 hours shorter. Uncharted 2 had perfect pacing and no bullshit filler levels that take an hour to tell 5 mins worth of story.

The whacky setpieces are shit compared to 2's train sequence or any of 3's excellent one. Feel like they toned them down (to be boring) so they wouldn't clash and be out of place with the riveting "realistic" drama between Eleanor and Drake's relationship. Or is the bickering husband and wife out of fucking place for a series about over the top Indiana Jones treasure hunting adventures with our invincible hero getting into insanely dangerous situations. We hang around a volcano and it doesn't even erupt. Instead enjoy some gay faggy "grounded" jeep chase. Doesn't hold a candle to the crashing plane, burning chateau or sinking ship.

Nadine was an absolute shit character, made a nigger for a diversity quota and they were too scared to give this war criminal her deserved comeuppance and instead allowed her to escape despite the cunt being responsible for committing atrocities with her mercenaries. Onions Dog didn't want her to kill her off because she's a woman and a nigger, so instead she's supposed to "realize the error of her ways" or some stupid retarded shit that makes no sense. Troy Baker is a horrendous actor and Sam was an atrocious character. Very monotone, boring and stoic, does not fit well with the larger than life archetypes Uncharted is populated by.

I played the first two. Boring, generic TPS with bonus "cinematic" setpieces. Some of the worst games I've ever played

Heavily scripted linear gameplay doesn't really do well in this day and age. Gameplay these days need to be deep with a high skill ceiling.

Also no supernatural element. I've never been so blueballed by a videogame before. The lighting, graphics and sound design was top tier when you went through the spooky caves towards the end. Tension just mounted with your flashlight battery constantly dying, finding shrines of bones, booby trapped mummies, was getting hyped as fuck for some pirate ghosts or something. The monsters in the previous games were fun, but this was the first time I was actually feeling the tension and suspense for their reveal...except there were none. We come out of the really spooky caves into a broad daylight for more generic gunfights with standard goons. Fuck you Naughty Dog. I guess a supernatural element would've upset the mature gamers who only player mature realistic games. They've matured a lot since Uncharted 3 and would've rolled their eyes at pirate ghosts, too videogamey for them.

The only saving grace about Uncharted 4 is Rafe. Based as fuck and is the most likable character in the entire series. He should've killed that cunt Nadine and the final boss fight should've been unwinnable. Should've ended with Rafe decapitating Drake and escaping with some artifacts. Would've donated them to museums so their historical value could be studied and appreciated unlike cock sucking Drake who would've sold it for cash. Rafe could then be the protagonists of future Uncharted games.

>2>LL>4
Is Lost Legacy actually that good? I don't like the main characters.

I bought it day one, got halfway through it then just dropped it. I really didn't care for the story.

The characters are unsalvagable but they have some good banter at least. The game also takes the best bits of U4 and makes it non-linear for good measure.

Is this game open world whatsoever

Attached: 1568936165922.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

There's one bit that pretends to be.

It's boring, it's a game that focuses like 90% on the story when the story is shit, it has too many walk and talk sections and goddamn it why is it so long.

Ranking is 4>2>3>1. I'm ok with no super natural element this time because 3s was so lame and they kept the pirate stuff engaging enough. Nadine was a decent enough character (she didn't feel forced either), I'm not really bothered by the 2 on 1 fight since you technically still beat her ass and it's not like it's totally impossible for a chick to kick 2 dudes asses. The big bombastic action scenes were all more fun and memorable to me too compared to the previous entries. Only wished there was more sully but obviously he's too old.

But user, you have to subvert india jones by making womanizing and adventure bad things, then have no sons to further your legacy. Also subvert fun supernatural elements because God is dead and is an enemy of marxism.

certain levels are semi-open-world in that they are so huge you need a car or boat to get through them, and they have optional combat encounters that you can just ignore and drive past if you know the right way

Attached: car area.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

Don't worry, OP, i hate the entire franchise as a whole equally.

Attached: RealPS.png (2516x1256, 336K)

This meme has been going on since Crysis. If you give players an outdoor area and don't add invisible walls then it's called open world by the brainlets.

Thanks Not gonna play it now

Attached: 1568341491676.png (658x372, 281K)

Worst post I've ever seen.

>nadine didn't feel forced
It literally is impossible for a chick to kick two dudes asses. It's never happened even once in human history.

See the post above you. It's still incredibly linear, just big. If your brain can't handle anything past literal corridors then you're just retarded.

Reminder that Raf unironically did nothing wrong.

I know that's overused especially on here but he's the one fucking pay for the expedition and everyone shits on him for it.

Attached: Lil Zoomer Rafe.jpg (1120x708, 73K)

None of this is a problem for the first playthrough unless you have insane ADD, and for any subsequent replaying you can just go to the encounter select menu and jump straight into the combat.
And the combat is fun

Attached: desperado.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

>Already a rich guy
>Wastes money in order to find treasure to make more money
I mean, he was doing it to make his own fortune but it made him crazy when there was no need.

You and a buddy go challenge a girl trained expertly in krav maga and see how that turns out

EXPLAIN HOW OPEN SPACES WORK RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1569025222896.png (495x371, 166K)

It's literally impossible for anyone to do anything any of the characters do. You'd be dead in an hour. Who gives a shit.

Tomb Raider wannabe

It's not open. It's just big. You traverse through a big space linearly, just like Crysis.

Damn mistyped. I meant, cause its a shitty movie game bro

>acknowledges he was born with a silver spoon and wants to prove himself to be more than just a trust fund baby
>understands his limitations, appreciates that everyone has their own skills and areas of expertise
>rewards nadine, sam and drake with large sums of money for their contributions
>doesn't immediately put a bounty on sam and drake despite them backstabbing him like pieces of shit for no reason
>willing to uses his inherited wealth to further our understanding of history
>doesn't care about monetary gain
>willing to lose everything for history
>wants to donate long lost artifacts to museums so they can be studied and appreciated
Why was he the bad guy again?

He wasn't doing it for money you autist.

Attached: uncharted 4 rafe.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

The game quite literally states the story is about greed and how it leads to untimely ends.

I hated 4 because it pushed the Nate retirement vibe too much. It ends up feeling too serious and it doesn't really feel like Uncharted at all. Also I felt completely bored up to the big E3 set piece in chapter 11 or something. That's half the fucking game already. Also hated all the new characters (Nadine, Rafe, Sam). It's exactly how I imagined Uncharted would be like after TLOU affected the studio/industry.

>the face when same is still the bad guy as originally intended

Reminder old Yea Forums used to love uncharted and now zoomers are pretending it was always hated on here.

Attached: 9224173e02444288.jpg (533x400, 44K)

Yeah, Naughty Dog are so subtle with their deep messages for mature gamers they have to spell it out for your dumbass through pretentious quotes. Telling us what the theme of the game is doesn't mean that was what the game is about. Naughty Dog were so incompetent they clearly intended for Rafe to be a villain but he was unironically the most noble, well intentioned, most likable character in the entire series BY COMPLETE FUCKING ACCIDENT because Naughty Dog are a bunch of fucking subhuman retards. Refute anything in the greentext, Rafe was based as fuck.

The cringe theme Naughty Dog wanted the game to have doesn't at all reflect in the characters or their interactions.

The exploding mummy chapter was pure kino.

Attached: gergerge.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Don't worry bro, Dunkey said Gears is shit and Uncharted is good so they'll come around soon.

Even Gears has become diet Uncharted since 4. It's supposed to be mindless high test gory violence but now it's turned into onions boy melodrama garbage with even more restrictive "cinematic" gameplay than your average Naughty Dog game.

I just replayed Gears and it has more walk and talk than UC. There are so many parts where you have to talk to that woman over comms and it makes you walk with your finger to your ear, even in coop play

What is this, easy difficulty? The moment you step out of cover in hard and crushing you are dead in 2 shots.

>with even more restrictive "cinematic" gameplay than your average Naughty Dog game.
But Uncharted 4 and Last of Us had a very large array of options and ways to tackle fighting sections.

That or it's on normal, but this one is crushing. Hard and crushing are exhilarating if you get good on the hardest difficulty. If you're not good though it's pretty frustrating

Attached: bumrushed.webm (768x432, 2.97M)

I agree, I know Yea Forums loves to shit on Naughty Dog but their games are leagues ahead of Gears of War and post 3 Halo. Combat wise yes, Uncharted 4 / LoU fucking shit all over Gears of War. The "restrictive cinematic" gameplay I'm referring to is the forced slow walking pace while your character banters with another character for three minutes.

As someone who has grown up with PlayStation consoles, i hate with a passion what Uncharted rapresents, the radical shift in tone and presentation into boredom of realistic human-filled walking simulators/shooters that Sony did at the start of the PS3 era, and unlike other studios like Insomniac, Naughty Dog actually embraced the corruption and returned it tenfold, leaving Sony in the state that is today. It's disgusting to say the least.
Someone needs to assassinate Druckmann, nuke the California HQ and give back full control at Japan Studio.

Attached: 1510179361589.png (500x477, 136K)

It’s better than the 3rd one for sure. It s about equal to the 2nd one with better gameplay but worse story. PvP MP fucking suck because it’s still BS load out format with powerful weapons and skills unlock behind RNG chest that can be P2W. I don’t know why ND MP department think this is acceptable. At least co-cop grind is pretty fun for a while and challenging with the bosses.

Maybe if we wait long enough the Bubonic Plague will wipe them out for us?

Even with burgers abusing antibiotics and having viruses adapting, it's still gonna take too long.

I mean SF brought back the Black Plague because of how much of a shithole it is it makes India look porcelain white. Just think of that, a disease from the dark ages RETURNED. It would be quicker to nuke and salt the earth of course, no denying that.

Didn't Druckmann turn Chloe into a lesbian in the DLC?

4 > 2 > LL > 1 > 3

so why is fortnite popular

>Why was he the bad guy again?
He's white and rich.

Uncharted 4 was the "deconstruction" (destruction) of the franchise and the character assassination of the main protagonist. Druckmann pulled a TLJ on Nathan Drake. There was no reason to add a brother to the story other than to allow Druckmann to direct Troy Baker again.

I really like Uncharted 4, but at the same time I strongly dislike Druckmann, so they cancel eachother out and as a result I'm completely indifferent about it

nadine

The whole series is great but 2 was by far the best, and probably my most replayed game of all time.
I lost count after the 20th playthrough

Attached: uncharted-2.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)