It wasn't a real RE game. But it was fun, charming, distinctly Japanese, and better than RE7

It wasn't a real RE game. But it was fun, charming, distinctly Japanese, and better than RE7.

Attached: Resident-Evil-6-logo.jpg (1600x900, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEgAZjYqAE4
youtube.com/watch?v=YEgC82w4Zlc
youtube.com/watch?v=hGKlQgd6kbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoyed RE6. It has some of the best TPS controls/mechanics and Mercs was really fun.

Stylish TPS needs to be a genre. Regular cover shooting is so lame.

*trips over corpse*

*stumbles around from scripted environment shaking*

It's better than 4 and 5. Fight me.

Attached: 17425855_1866654950276117_5636655937705522677_n.jpg (550x733, 43K)

No, because I agree with you, it's also better than 7 and Revelations.

>Suddenly praising re6
Wait what happen-
>it's out on switch now
Oh

i want to find someone to coop this

I want to kiss Ada

It needed more replayability beyond mercenaries to top 5. And it didn't have that.
I find it equally as entertaining as 4 though

Nah I always liked it. Then again I played all REs in 2012 back to back so I'm not a nostalgia faggot and enjoyed pretty much all of them without throwing a tantrum.

Was worried that they would continue the first person trend after re7 made bank but looks like it was just a one off. No fucking idea why they called 7 a main line game

I didn't even know it's on shitch, I fucking hate n*ntendo.

Attached: average adult nintendo fan.jpg (2322x4128, 2.01M)

>distinctly Japanese
this is what i love about it

The forced co op ruins it. Not as bad as 5 but it is miserable

>That Japanese guy who tries to rescue Pops after he got pulled out of the bus by zombies.

A true hero.

F

Attached: 1565415436753.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

I dont understand why won't they recycle that system for Dino Crisis or a new ip? Thats how DMC was born, instead they just dropped it

>Fun
>Distinctly Japanese

So it was garbage for autistics?

Well I haven't played 6, but 5 is an aggressively mediocre game, so I believe you.

4 is just decent, not amazing.

In RE 6 Sherry Birkin is Hot

Attached: 2019-09-20-22-47-45.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

I hope Capcom doesn't scrap splitscreen in RE games. They're comfy couch games.

>ywn have Dino Crisis in the style of RE6
>RE even had Simmons turn into a T-Rex
Fucking hell, it's a match made in heaven.

Was shit in re6. You fucking shared ammo and had 8 guns a piece

Because it's a Resident Evil game, having a new camera doesn't make it any different
By that logic 4 isn't a real RE game either
7 is a better survival horror game than both 5 and 6

It’s not like any of the others. Could have made a 2d plat-former where you parkour around raccoon and it would be the same thing

I think I've cleared mercs on every console it was released for with my buddy, the campaign is terrible overall (except for Chris' but I'm biased) but mercs still holds up so well

>Except for Chris'
I've literally only heard the opposite opinion. Why do you say Chris has the only good story mode?

Not that user, but I liked Chris's story.

shes hotter in remake

I just wish 6 had more weapons and had the weapons upgrade system from 5. I hate the skill system in 6 and it want to upgrade all the guns instead. Not that it matters since every character only gets like 4 guns.

Attached: 1559213455963m.jpg (683x1024, 66K)

>better than 7
Lmao no the fuck it wasn’t

Chris is my favourite character in the series, I loved his whole character arc and his story ending was legitimately well executed in my eyes. I find fighting J'avo more fun than fighting zombies overall since they have more satisfying reactions. Also actually getting to pilot the jet and show off Chris' chairforce skills was pretty cool. Lastly if no one got in Chris' way, he could have prevented Carla from causing the China outbreak, so that felt pretty vindicating since everyone shits on him for the shallowest reasons.

I just can't get over the scanned in baka-gaijin actors though. I know that's shallow, but I just can't. Also what they did to my boy Chris is a fucking tragedy.

I still don't understand why the picked a guy with like, zero chin/jaw when Chris is supposed to be the square-jawed, muscle bound, intense looking, all american action hero.

The J'avo mutations were really dynamic at least. Zombies in 6 weren't fun at all.

It was none of those things.

>game you liked on release got trashed
>you have to defend your position from retards online for years
>eventually the hate dies down and more people can appreciate the game
Truly is no more satisfying feel.

you really need to stop playing modern resident evil games, im not gonna tell you again, ok?

Attached: jillvoth_talk_A1.webm (576x720, 463K)

What...when did Helena turn into a zombie?

I cant, it actually is better.

based and re6pilled

>cinematic turd person shitter's get redefined as stylish when the japs make it
You guys truly are pathetic

She was always hot. .

>That scene where she undresses in front of Jake
Jake is a lucky guy

>You're comin' with me son? Fine! I'll buy ya a drink in hell boy!

Attached: 2911630549_c6c7514999_b.jpg (1024x685, 263K)

Don't post it
Don't post it

I disagree. The cover system was retarded and the inventory system was needlessly confusing. They had a nice idea with making each campaign a different 'style' of game, but the problem is that each of those styles needs different mechanics to make them not godawful and trying to design a single catch all system for action and horror just makes the horror feel weak and the action a slog. The horrible controls, systems, and environments were enough to make the minute to minute gameplay the worst in the series - yes, even worse than playing 5 solo since 5 was at least fun when the AI wasn't being awful. 6 never clicked even when everything went perfectly.

*hits pipe*

Attached: 1490802958471.jpg (1500x2000, 1M)

>The cover system was retarded
It wasn't even contextual and it had no benefits, the cover system was only there to appeal to younger audiences and industry expectations but the game wasn't designed with cover in the least
>but the problem is that each of those styles needs different mechanics to make them not godawful
all campaigns at their core were the same shooter, retard, that's why it's the same game each just had a few gimmicks for variety
>The horrible controls, systems, and environments
literally too shit to play videogames
especially controls, like wtf, they're 4/5's controls adapted to actually make fucking sense in the first place

It should be arcade-y not cinematic. Making them over-the-top like DMC would be really fun.

YOU JARHEADS ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME

No user, it's that RE6 is seven ears old so the 12 year olds with nostalgia for it are here now. This step in the fandom cycle has been accelerated by the series taking on a new style and direction with REmake 2 and RE7 leaving the action era behind.

Attached: He makes a good point.jpg (801x296, 73K)

>but the game wasn't designed with cover in the least
Go walk through one of the game's corridors, and tell me half of them weren't explicity designed for cover shooting. Not to mention half of Rebecca's campaign and all of Chris's.

>all campaigns at their core were the same shooter, retard
How did you misread my point that badly? Yes, that's my entire fucking complaint. They tried to make one core system yet add set dressings around them, so it all just feels watered down.

>they're 4/5's controls adapted to actually make fucking sense in the first place
What the fuck? Did you ever play 4/5? I don't remember shaking fucking pills in what feels like a rhythm minigame to heal and needing to look up guides on how the inventory system even works.

I had a lot of fun playing it with my gf. More fun than RE5 and Revelations 2.

Attached: 1517808947715.jpg (600x800, 79K)

RE6 made Chris hot and gave him a twink BF, RE6 is a good game in my eyes

>That random zombie apart of the cast

Only the mercenaries mode is good. There's some really fun action mechanics, but the shooting doesn't feel very good and the campaign goes out of its way to make sure that you never get to do anything fun.

The switch to fictional/franken guns in 6 was really weird, and the upgrade system in 4 and 5 was definitely better.
Kind of weird that Leon gets the most weapons, I think, despite the fact his campaign was meant to be more alligned with the classic games (they really didn't bother with that idea after the University part though), and Chris and Jake's stories were supposed to be the crazy action stories.

HEY, YOU WANNA FUCK MY SISTER?

Attached: kiss my ass.gif (500x275, 2.46M)

>better than 7

Big yikes and factual negatory.

I played the hell out of Resident Evil 6 on the Xbox360 and I picked it up again on Steam when it was discounted to less than $8. I loved it then and I love it now. It's a fun game that plays smoothly, even if it's not scary at all. Don't be a faggot and assume everyone you disagree with is some kind of nostalgia-blinded retard or a faggot console warrior. The game has problems but it's ultimately a good game.

voth jill is worst jill

Attached: sherry___portait_by_otsunao_dakbp0y.jpg (2421x2169, 1.09M)

its fun enough for a playtrough or two and good fun coop.
I just wish more people would play it, for the maximum 4 player coop experience

it isn't out yet. It comes out next month

Also I'm not saying RE6 doesn't have real fans, but Yea Forums is a contrarian shithole and as public opinion of the series typically favors the classic and modern style anons here have moved onto the action era's least popular game for cool kid hipster points. This happens with every franchise on Yea Forums and its related boards, like how /vr/ is the only place on the internet that regularly champions the SNES Castlevania Dracula X as a better game than its PC Engine counterpart Rondo of Blood.

Attached: resident_evil_20th_anniversary___clean_poster_big__by_972otev_d9x2wrp.jpg (350x478, 42K)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about my captain, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the B.S.A.A, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on B.O.W testing sites, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in wrestling moves and I’m the best driver the B.S.A.A has got. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to my captain from a few feet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of agents across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over 700, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed wrestling moves , but I have access to the entire arsenal of the B.S.A.A and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, and now you’re paying the price. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Attached: Piers.jpg (1279x724, 101K)

What is best then?

live action cutscenes RE1 jill.

Worse than 5.
Better than 4 if you're playing coop.

>the University part
The atmosphere was great there, but the forced walking was absolute cancer.

which the university part was longer
the city part and the church part was kinda eh

I agree user

>the church
I like RE6 but one of my gripes with it is that it doesn't feel like you really save anyone. Everyone who comes into contract with you and your partner almost immediately dies. I think the worst example is the church. When I played RE6 years ago, I played long enough to unlock infinite magnum ammo and got to the church. I unloaded into that stupid fart monster before it could even get near one person but you're only allowed to save 2 people max during that part.

I swear I've "saved" more than two during that part.

I am pretty sure I saved more than 2, by spamming sniper ammo immediately in it.
but yea, not that it really matters. everyone besides the MCs and maybe the UN fucks in Chris's chapter

If I recall you do at least get to save some people during Chris's campaign.

Most you can save is the two sisters. That's it. I played the game like 6 times.

Mercs is amazing and is worth playing

pretty sure you can "save" more, but lmao scripted, so no worries.
gonna actually play Ada's campaign this weekend again, so I got all finished on Veteran and I really need to collect all shitty serpent things

>more people can appreciate the game
Nah, the retards stayed while most people with sense moved on. Can't wait for "it's not that bad!" posts from people who were 10 when they played Silent Hill Downpour lol.

Maybe this is something that was changed between patches/versions/etc then. I played it pretty late (2018 on pee ass four) so that might explain it.

>looking up a guide to figure out the inventory
Do you not play many video games?

Should I pick this one up? I've heard some people say the actual TPS combat is really good but it's just an abyssmal resident evil game. Others say the controls suck and the combat isn't good. This is one of the only RE's I haven't played.

I would.

The people that say this game's combat sucks are a bunch of retards that played the game as a cover shooter. Only use cover to replenish your stamina. Laying down and staying in cover makes it come back quicker. Also there's a button combination that automatically turns all your herbs into tic tacs. I'm pretty sure most people don't know that

>better than RE7.
Well, it was definitely more replayable. 7 was too chaotic, didn't seem to have a rhythm or rhyme. It was kind of 'go do shit till you get it' and I like it the one time but I have literally no interest in ever playing again.

6 is very flawed, in many respects. The issues that it has aren't the fundamentals of the game but rather design issues and faulty oversights on the part of the developers. If those had been fixed this would've been a frickin' fantastic game. One of the best action "horror" of its generation.

>when you get 3 red herbs in a row but not a single green one
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey Piers...I order you to shut up and fuck my sister. It's up to you now

Attached: 1548341842753.gif (500x283, 520K)

>picking up a nigga and throwing them into a column of the poor bastards who had the misfortune of fighting a sentient bulldozer

Attached: roidfield.jpg (1200x628, 92K)

>RE6
>distinctly Japanese

It wasn't any more out there in tone than any other RE from CV onwards, it just upped the scale to blockbuster action movie proportions. Meanwhile, there's so much blatant chasing of then prevailing AAA trends, and Capcom even soft admitted to designing the game to try and win over the CoD crowd. RE6 is probably the furthest from the franchise's Japanese leanings of any mainline game - it veers hard into Japanese action mechanics but the overarching level/setpiece design has never felt more westernized. Funnily enough, the two mix like oil and water and, what a shocker, RE6 turned out to be an incoherent mess of a game that buried some amazing ideas under an avalanche of bad ones.

wish the ada stuff was expanded

Attached: re6 ada.jpg (2560x1080, 329K)

I love Claire.

Attached: 1568873387115.jpg (3840x2160, 561K)

>pants aren't pink anymore
It's shit.

Jesus Christ, no.
It was a boring slog. The only time it got interesting was the end of Chris's story.
RE7 is an infinitely better game.

You can't stay a basic bitch forever.

>like how /vr/ is the only place on the internet that regularly champions the SNES Castlevania Dracula X as a better game than its PC Engine counterpart Rondo of Blood.
Tbf they do that because they're sheltered snes fanboys, not necessarily because they're contrarian.

I prefer 6 to both 5 and 7.
Though 5 is better if played in couch co-op style with a real person at side

I'm also a giant leon fag though so yea

Nobody is suddenly praising DMC2, so you don't have a leg to stand on.

There's a limit dude.

5 has excellent feeling and sounding weapons, playing the Gold version with the move is still pretty fun. 6's weapons feel extremely limpdick, but sliding and rolling around like a spazz is just too much damn fun.

>with the move
The PS3 Move? I'll have to get one of those someday. Especially since they fucking botched the Switch release by not having gyro aiming. The Revelations ports are the only ones worth picking up on Switch.

I am exactly 19 years old and I like RE4-7 and RE2 Remake. They're all good games in their own right.

Maybe that's the point? No sarcasm, I legit don't know.

I agree wholeheartedly. The hate it got is a textbook example of internet outrage herd mentality, everyone was rushing to fit in and say what they thought they were expected to say.

Attached: 1550043997493.webm (640x356, 2.05M)

Forgot to say that this is also exactly the same reason why that piece of fucking shit 7 got all that undeserved praise.

I guess we humans were the real resident biohazard evil all along.

You don't save anyone because the place gets nuked, remember?

Yeah I played it with a Move too and it was a blast, really fun
I have lost my PS3 Eye tho, so I have to get another one to enjoy it once more

Leon's campaign is an STD-ridden swamp ass of a campaign, but even so the general idea was clearly that Leon stumbles through catastrophe after catastrophe. The general tone is one of microfailures, people die left and right around the guy and all he can do is push forward.

RE6 is objectively a bad game regardless of the RE name bacause of the design of the game trying its absolute best to drain all the possible fun out of the gameplay mechanics
That is why mercenaries is BY FAR the best part of re6, because you actually get to play around with the mechanics with relative freedom

That being said re6 is still a guilty pleasure of mine, i have to admit

i love 5. my brother and i got one of the high scores on public assembly mercenaries back in 2010. tribal sheva and midnight wesker. god that game was a blast.

Been playing RE games since I was a kid when the series first came out. I gotta say that RE6 is one of the best games I've ever played, and I hate action games. RE6 was just crazy amount of fun, and the skill required to finish the hardest difficulty was insane.

Played it with my friend, and our bond grew stronger because of it, what a game.

>tfw you never cared for Mercs

Raid Mode is alright but a RE game is abject garbage to me if the campaign is garbage.

I can understand that position, and to a certain extent i agree with it

I love RE6. It's one of my favorites, but the outrage isn't something that came from a internet landslide of bullshit and false negativity. The game has some serious issues. Even though they fixed a hell of a lot of them it's still a great experience but an huge number of asterisks. If look back at the original release the game was really heavily lacking before all of its patches. It was kinda awful. It might be better now but it took some work to get it to where it is and even now it could use some polishing in a lot of places.

>drawing the gloves and spandex sleeves as just black bodypaint diffuse textures
>no turtleneck
Man I could probably make a better classic outfit than this. Why did everyone settle for this one?

Because nobody made a better one. They're all talk, just like you.

Original release didn't have the FOV slider and QTE toggle. How quickly the world forgets.

This reminds me that this game also has the sexiest mods in all the franchise. Well, next to REmake 2, now. People have really put some effort to RE2's mods.
youtube.com/watch?v=YEgAZjYqAE4

All the of the main RE entries have been of outstanding quality and very fun games.

I hope Capcom doesn't make an effort to make their games harder to mod after all the lewd mods for Remake 2

It wasn't the smooth experience it is today, but the patches really didn't add THAT much to the core experience. The core game stays the same and all its ups and downs are present. Purely as an action game it's a great one that never really stops being fucking fun during its surprisingly lenghty runtime, I only wish it had more replay value beyond Mercenaries.
I don't get why you think it's justified.

i agree with this except for >better than RE7 lmfao
this is true though

Fuck you

I didn't care for 5. If you don't have a real partner the AI really fucks you over, plus the inventory system really sucked in it. I hated it all the way.

It 100% is. You must have forgotten the way RE6 was and is still treated to this day. It's nothing close to what you just described it as, it's literally just treated as the worst thing to have ever happened. Every brainlet from casuals to RE autists will nonchalantly use it as a butt of a joke every time, utterly confident that theirs is the only view that can exist for this game. Non of it's merits get recognized by the majority of the audience.

it was garbage and the only semi-decent route was chris's

No. I absolutely remember. It still happens all the time. You can't make one of these without having someone, or a lot of someones, say shit like this cunt over here:Just because the general consensus is overly exaggerated, though, it doesn't mean that the absolute opposite is true. The game had, and has, a huge number of flaws. Like I said, if it didn't, if it fixed just a half of these, it would be one of, if not THE, best 3rd person shooter to date. It's got too many little and large things holding it back to make it so.

Not me. It pisses me off more that they decided to skimp on the campaign extras, like costumes and unlockables like weapons or modes. Mods make up that lack of content and we should be grateful it's an option.

veteran mode is bullshit, there's never enough ammo to kill anything

Attached: 1522632754940.jpg (700x525, 231K)

I never said the game was without flaws just that the reaction to those flaws and even things that are not flaws at all was and still is entirely disproportionate, which is true.

Attached: Cutie ees.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

Fair enough.

Ya gotta learn how to melee combat

Well, you're not supposed to shoot shit to death. I don't even think that's how you deal with the bosses. You stunt your enemies and then coup de grâce them. That or exploit their weakness.

You need to be precise with your shots and make each one of them count. Same shit as RE5 in Professional, only thing is that melee changed entirely.

Get the perk that gives you more ammo drops

What these two said Plus an even more egregious use of QTE's, enemies that don't feel satisfying to fight, comparatively weightless feeling weapons and most of the mechanics being useless and you've gotta a pretty poorly designed game.

Attached: 1537239674915.gif (227x221, 980K)

damn, still , enemies do a lot of damage and its kinda scary to get into melee combat.

or just unlock infinite ammo for the handgun lol
it's all about perfect execution in that risk versus reward situation
it's why it's fun but no shit I do recommend infinite ammo at least on either the magnum or the assault rifle if you can get it, makes it less stressful overall without ruining the fun

Look, RE6 is stupid as hell. It's laughable at best and cringe at worst. Guess what? So is RE5. Guess what? So is RE4.
After RE4, I never expected Capcom to produce "a proper RE game", so I just took both RE5 and RE6 for what they are, and ended up liking both. It is astonishing to me that after the memetic shitshow that were 4 and 5, someone still had grand and serious expectations for 6.

>enemies that don't feel satisfying to fight
I disagree. Melee killing enemies is satisfying as fuck. Blowing them away with explosions/shotguns, killing a bunch at the same time, destroying their masks, countering them, stunning them. It's all pretty good.

RE6 has the best character development imo

Most of them transform into tougher enemies that don't react to shots and melee attacks, or at least not nearly as much

I loved the combat in mercenaries, despite the main story line forgoing horror and just trying to be max set piece action

Attached: RE-6_Misc_Jake_02a_Melee_Combo_Throw.gif (227x127, 2.98M)

This is peak RE.

Attached: REHolyTrinity.jpg (1200x540, 193K)

Infinite ammo absolutely ruins the fun. That's ridiculous and completely necessary.

Tiny gif but cool

Bought it on release day and still have the game. It wasn't that bad imo. I also agree with also.

>holy trinity
>gets exponentially worse with every game
What did he mean by this?

RE6 was fucking trash. Anyone who says differently is underage or a moron.

KYS

One day we will clear Metal Gear Survive's name too. Have no fear, user.

5 improved on 4 in every way, though? And for as experimental as 6 was, it was still a success
Those who hate RE6 are the underage retards. That game is the DMC of shooters.

Actually, peak Resi is 1, 2 and 4, with 7 being just behind

>5 improved on 4 in every way, though?
Oh boy. I can't be bothered to get into this debate again, so I'll just sum it up with the fact that 4 was innovative and changed the industry, while 5 was derivative chasing trends of the industry

>5 improved on 4 in every way
Not unless you like the coop or Wesker, everything else was a stop down
Enemy design, level design, boss fights, story, writing, etc are all downgrades
>6 was still a success
Who cares how successful it was 6 was a terrible game that almost killed Resident Evil permanently
Thank god for 7 and REmake 2

>Who cares how successful it was 6 was a terrible game that almost killed Resident Evil permanently
This. People seem to forget that after 6, RE became a Sonic the Hedgehog-tier joke of a franchise that nobody was taking seriously.

>Enemy design, level design, boss fights, story, writing, etc are all downgrades

Not one of those things is true

4 only inspired at a superficial level. Third person shooters of the time played nothing like 4, and 5 only built on top of the stronge core in positive ways (regardless of what you think about irrelevant shit like setting and artstyle)
>enemy design, level design, boss fights
Those were all better in 5. Like, what? Even the basic zombie bitches have multiple times the variety and bring more exiting gameplay to the table than those in 4. Encounter design is fantastic, too, and RE4 was also filled with stupidly gimmicky boss fights, 5 only made them actually satisfying to replay. AI wasn't even an issue if you knew how to manage it properly, the game was designed/balanced primarily towards a solo experience

Leon had the best campaign. The other campaigns are all shit fighting annoying zombies with guns.

>get to the first major encounter in 5
>it's just a rip off of 4's village gauntlet but worse
What a joke

Attached: 1541567183721.gif (240x320, 448K)

Learn enemies' weaknesses. Whoppers fall when you shoot their legs and opens the up to a mele, for example. The skinless dudes are only weak in the chest when they are pulsing out. All grunt type enemies are weak in the head but the j'avo take at least two shots. The creature that spews zombie gas is very susceptible to fire.

>5 improved on 4 in every way
I enjoyed 6 and even 5 to an extent, but the mandatory Co-op shit is a huge flaw for both. Imo their single biggest flaw.

>4 only inspired at a superficial level
4 literally changed the industry with subsequent TPS taking its OTS view, and a bunch of games implementing QTE's

Nah Sherry and eminem's was fun.

It would be, if it weren't for that bullshit walking sequence that was the fist stage.

How hard would it be to mod those parts out? Not necessarily remove them, but enable running so you can get to the next event trigger quicker.

>Get to the first dog encounter in 2
>It's just a ripoff of the first dog encounter in 1 but worse
>Get to the first dog encounter in 3
>It's just a ripoff of the first dog encounter in 2 but worse
>It's just a ripoff of the first dog encounter in 1 but worse

What a retard

Leon's campaign was so terrible it made me drop the game and immediately uninstall it once I finished it

I was going to do a walkthrough of this game. I had a script ready and all. I was going to do the Spanish part and play one character and my friend was going to the other character and talk in English. I had elements ready, footage recorded. Made a bunch of shit but it all fell through. Some of my other friends started demanding I change shit or they wouldn't help with the voices and now it just ain't going to happen.

Wow cool story where can I subscribe to your blog?

I couldn't say but if it was possible I'd support it all the way.

Attached: tumblr_pryswqBbaq1qjabr0o1_1280.jpg (900x1238, 346K)

You speak spanish? 'cause otherwise there'd be no point.

Eso fue sarcasmo, idiota
A nadie le importa

It would have been better if jake wasn't so annoying. But i do really like his hand to hand fighting.

DAAAAAW~

Bless this pure and innocent child.

Attached: 1566283768070.gif (230x306, 1.92M)

Si. Ya lo se. No eres tan sutil como eso. Estás en una página dedicada a videojuegos, mi querido imbecil. Aquí es donde se hable de esas cosas y si nadamas vienen a decirle a todos que te vale madre ¿que putas haces aquí? ¿Namas chingando?

>and better than RE7.
how can people still being in this much denial

I was being dismissive, son. I guess I should just call him a fag, and you, too, I guess, and leave it at that since it went over both your heads.

Ok team, we've had zombies with chainsaws for two games in a row now. Time to come up with something new.
>Uhhh... what about... a zombie that is also a chainsaw?
Brilliant. You're promoted.

Attached: d6227ed8665280681fc082d587f3aab11c48c78f_hq.jpg (757x1024, 88K)

Nostalgia, contrarianism, autism, take your pick

As retarded as it is, it looks pretty fucking cool.

No you were not, now you are being defensive about it. Pretty sad to see.

>nostalgia
fucking how? this came out in 2012

perfect example of a game where the gameplay is fun but the story is really damn bad

Oh, no. Some faceless cunt on the internet is saying hurtful things. I must desperately do something to make him change his mind. Usually I'd ignore fags like you but I liked that gif and I am pretty sure if I egg you on you might produce a few more so with that in mind, fuck your mother.

7 years is enough time for it to start forming
Plenty of zoomers probably grew up playing it or 5 and think Resident Evil should be action focused instead of horror

Kill yourself dumb beaner

I'll praise DMC2. For being a testament that Itsuno could turn a verified, unplayable dumpster fire without even a working Stinger into just a mediocre game in less than a year.

it was kinda better tahn re7
re7 was really neat when jack was relevant, but as soon as he stops being relevant the game becomes a slog

I do think it looked great and the script was still written like the old games. RE7 and RE2make felt like they're begging to be taken seriously that they fall flat. RE2make didn't even manage to reproduce the more emotional scenes from RE2. Also no cheesy catchphrase when killing the Tyrant with the rocket launcher? Really?

Where's the webms of cool gameplay? I need more of them.

Attached: 1552804223187.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>should be action focused
No. Doesn't mean a resident evil being action based won't have its good points.

I didn't even say anything hurtful, now you're acting like a legit faggot and it's pretty pathetic kid

Leon's scripted first act is the thing that gave bad impressions to people and why the hate for it started.

fellas, I think capcom doesn't actually want to make a fixed camera angle game
I'm not sure they're confident they can pull it off so they shy away from it

if they do actually make an outbreak 3, will it be OTS trash?

Attached: Resident Evil 2 Biohazard 2 Screenshot 2019.09.21 - 02.32.40.68.png (1920x1080, 3.58M)

>will it be OTS trash?
Almost certainly. That or fps, but I'm hesitant they will try this as operation racoon city was a failure

Not sure which is which but I told one of you to go fuck your mother so what are you still doing here?

it's such a shame considering how much content that's been dragged out of the files of the outbreaks, they could probably make half a game with that stuff alone
but, knowing japanese devs, they probably buried, lost, deleted, or threw away the coding and all that

So you were 12 when RE6 came out.

People who were 10 when Downpour came out will be legally allowed to post on Yea Forums next year

Well, that's kind of a given at this point. Rather than make a more humble game with fixed cameras and a more traditional layout they are opting to make high budget productions with huge amounts of appeal and a broad selling point. Capcom isn't about experimenting or risk taking anymore. They used to create genres or at least be genre defining but now Capcom takes the road most traveled. They will never make a game that doesn't have an established market full of consumers already.

No. RE2make was the perfect chance to return and they shied away from it. RE5 and RE6 was made because it most certainly would've sold well. Capcom really wants it both ways. They want people to suck their dick while selling their products.

The Scagdead is a chainsaw enemy done right

Attached: scagdead.jpg (515x561, 198K)

This Helena costume does things to my mother fucking cock.

Attached: Helena.jpg (93x208, 5K)

larger.

I liked 6 enough, but it doesn't beat playing 7 in VR. That was one of the most immersive experiences I've ever had in the 25 years I've been playing games for.

absolute fucking diamonds with this skin in mercs
>backflip melee move shoves her ass right in front of the camera for a few seconds
>that hip thrust taunt with slight jiggle physics
capcom did good with this one

Attached: better sherry.png (660x1211, 428K)

Design wise, sure, but gameplay wise it was just painful. Playing that game was made less fun with those enemies around. I just hated having to put up with it. It was neither fun or scary.

Attached: 1538677438936.gif (275x330, 1.95M)

If you like that you should see some of the mods they have for this game.

the controls were downright crap

while we are on this subject
what fucking shit do i need to install on my pirated copy of re6 to play as schoolgirl sherry and slutty cop helena on the campaign?

Thats literally all i want
please help a nigga out

Pretty sure you can remap.

do mods work on pirated versions of the game?
if so, then youtube might be your friend

even if I could, it would not fix issues like:
sticking to every corner when I got close
damage sponge enemies
QTEs out of the fucking ass
Useless dodge rolling (fucking Dark Souls 2 has better dodging)
Playing dead zombies that are immune to damage

I only beat Chris' story and got to the plane in Leon's story before my rental was up.

>it was fun, charming
Only Leon's campaign

You got me. I bought mine on sale so i didn't pay much. Pirated copies are weird since they have to be modified. I never tried it. Yeah. Youtube it. Only thing I can think of.

I want to get gud at Mercs lads
how do i do it

can we not do the old game good thing for re6
its shit

>damage sponge enemies
Head shot and follow ups.

>QTEs out of the fucking ass
You can turn those off, now.

>Playing dead zombies that are immune to damage
Run towards them and slide at them.

>distinctly Japanese

This. Same reason I have more respect for than the 2 remake which was an obvious try hard shit trying to be like the Last of Us. I fucking hate when Jap devs want to be westernized so bad.

Attached: 1560265773930.png (1255x635, 1.06M)

you faggots already perpetrated this Old Game Good shit for Outbreak and made me not trust a soul on this site
but yes 6 is shit

m-more

I always loved RE6. Great conclusion to series. Everything after is non canon shit. Last real RE game.

>2 remake which was [...] trying to be like the Last of Us
Please explain.

>and follow ups.

sure, let me follow-up WHEN RUNNING INTO A HORDE

god that sounds like a dumb idea. This is supposed to be a TPS, not some poor man's Devil May Cry

>like tlou
i can tell you havent played the game

I have never played Resident Evil 7, but having been forced to play through the agonizing and boring shit show that was 6, I can say with confidence that you are wrong.

Outbreak is good though
You must not have friends

The shitty over dramatic acting and writing of the game, trying it's hardest to be like a movie. Like I'm supposed to give a shit about kendo and his daughter. The presentations very inspired by Naught Dog games like Leon and Claire talking to themselves minutes.

>The shitty over dramatic acting and writing of the game, trying it's hardest to be like a movie
So, literally RE1, 2 & 3?

They tried to be like a movie but because of limited hardware it was nowhere near like one you retard.

literally just do quick shots and melee for the basic mobs
grenades and big guns for the specials

They were also trying to be like stupid 80s and 90s action flics, whereas Last of Us is trying to be some modern pozz'd drama for women and soibois.

How long took Platinum to finish MGR?

>tfw enjoying re3 more than I remember enjoying re2 and possibly even re1
bros...

Auto-mix herbs and insta-load pills: Hold R2 and press Square when empty: In RE6, you mix herbs into pills, which are then dispensed Tic-Tac-style with a press of R2. The number of times you tap, the number of pills you use, each pill restoring a slice of health, effectively allowing you to manage your health bar by bar. This shortcut -- R2 + Square -- instantly combines any herbs in your inventory, red herbs included, and loads the pills into your case, rather than you having to do each step manually. This is extremely useful.

Paint targets for AI partner: L1 + Circle: Snipers got you down? Aim at the sniper -- or any enemy target, for that matter -- and tap Circle to paint the target. A red marker will appear over it and that enemy will become the sole target of your AI partner, which is useful since your AI partner is virtually indestructible outside of rare one-hit boss kills, and your partner also has unlimited ammo.

Rapidly regain stamina: Take cover or lie prone: RE6 is NOT a cover shooter. Like Vanquish, you're playing it wrong if you're hiding behind cover rather than advancing the fight, throwing yourself into the fray to unleash a flurry of melee moves. That being said, your dedicated melee button -- R1 -- is governed by a stamina meter (also like Vanquish): kick and punch too much, and you'll grow tired and hit like a sissy. THIS is when you take cover: slide to the nearest wall to instantly snap to cover, and wait a moment while your stamina bar replenishes in a matter of mere seconds. Alternatively, you can lie prone to quickly regain stamina(L1 + X + a direction to dive/roll to the ground, holding L1 to lie prone).

Dazing enemies: Elbow backwards, OR aim for the head, OR melee twice: RE6 has an insane variety of context-sensitive melee moves -- they even change with your equipped weapon! For starters, you can melee people standing directly behind you by simply hitting R1 to elbow them in the head, dazing them to set up over-the-top melee takedowns.

While good for crowd control, normally you'll be facing enemies head-on, in which case you want to do one of two things: Pop the enemy in the head, usually just once, then run up close and hit R1 to unleash a context-sensitive melee move like a suplex; OR run up to an enemy and hit them twice with a basic melee move (usually kicks), dazing them for a context-sensitive melee move on the third hit. This may knock them to the ground, in which case you should quickly run up to their head and hit R1 a fourth time for a skull-crushing stomp.

-----

Now onto the core of combat: evading and sliding:

Sliding: Dash with Action button (X on PS3), then hit L1 to slide. To spin 180 degrees mid-slide, pull back while sliding. To shoot while sliding, tap R1: Sliding is a brilliant new mechanic that frankly makes the previous REs feel stiff by comparison. Just the other night, in Jake's Chapter 4, I was repeatedly sliding under an enemy's near-fatal swing; others have even slid under incoming projectiles like busses thrown by giants! But sliding is more than simply dashing with the Action button and hitting L1. You can do a 180-degree turn while sliding by pulling back on the analog stick, and you can fire (or swipe) to daze and kill while sliding toward or under enemies. Sliding into enemies can also trip them. You can even slide past a pack of enemies, drop remote bombs as you slide by, and then detonate them as you roll back to your feet, a cloud of meaty chunks raining down behind you!

ALSO: You can also do a quick slide from a stationary position by hitting forward + Action + L1. Normally you can only slide if you're sprinting first, but you can do it this way if you need to slide real quick out of the way.

Rolling while standing: Aim with L1, then tap Action button and left or right to roll in that direction. Release L1 mid-roll to stand, or continue to hold L1 to lie on the ground. On the ground, tap left and right to roll: Each enemy J'avo has three or four different mutations per limb, as well as their heads and torsos, and these mutations can stack, which means enemies have a LOT of ways to attack you. Sometimes, when swarmed in tight spaces, you'll want to roll out of the way of an incoming attack -- also good for confusing hordes of zombies as they try to track you. Aiming and then tapping the Action button and left or right will throw you rolling in that direction; releasing L1 the moment you hit the ground will cause you to immediately barrel-roll to your feet. Likewise with throwing yourself backwards away from enemies, or rolling forward (with respective directional taps of the analog). If you don't release L1, you'll stay on your back on the ground, at which point you can tap left or right to roll on the ground (as though you're on fire and trying to put yourself out). You can literally circle attacking enemies this way!

Dodging: Aim and hit the Action button while standing: This quick crouching animation allows you to duck under many enemy attacks. It's near-instantaneous, though, meaning you must use it the moment it's needed. Sometimes it's more fruitful to jump backwards to your back or roll out of the way instead! ALSO: If you hit a direction right after dodging, you can cancel the dodge into a roll/dive in that direction. Very useful if you need to get out of the way really quick.

Running attacks: Dash with Action button and hit R1: This combination can result in a shoulder-check or other attack animation that if nothing else staggers or trips up enemies -- ideal for breaking enemy lines during a hasty escape.

No other RE game delivered as much kino as 6.

Attached: kino.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Quick shot: L1 + R1 when near an enemy; tap repeatedly to attack multiple nearby targets: This is another brilliant mechanic, absolutely vital for crowd control in Mercs. When near an enemy, even if the enemy is standing out of sight behind you, hit L1 and R1 to instantly turn, target and shoot the enemy. Subsequent taps will unleash additional quick shots, each consuming a bar of your stamina meter. Try it with Helena with the Hydra shotgun equipped; she'll do a series of over-the-top tactical rolls, striking a pose to fire off a round each time.

Quick recover: Mash the Action button when knocked down, or hold back and tap the Action button: Tired of enemies knocking you on your ass when a segment of your health bar empties completely or you take a particularly hard hit? Mash the Action button the moment you hit the ground, and you'll roll backwards back to your feet, instantly back in the fight. Alternatively, hold back and tap X.

Counters: Timing is key: If you see an enemy beginning its attack animation, like a zombie raising a wrench, and hit R1 (the melee button) the instant before the enemy strikes, you will obliterate that enemy with a super-flashy counter attack. The screen will flash and you'll hear a sharp "ZING!" to indicate you did a counter (as though kicking your enemy a mile away didn't make it clear enough)!

-----

And now some QTE tips:

Quick spin-the-stick QTEs: Use BOTH analog sticks: Perhaps the most frustrating QTE people encounter is the one where you have to spin the stick to fill a bar. The thing the game doesn't tell you is that if you spin BOTH analog sticks, the bar fills up twice as fast -- completing the QTE so fast you'll outpace the cinematic!

Climbing QTEs: Always hold one button: Another poorly communicated QTE is one involving climbing. As you alternate between button presses, the trick is to always have one button depressed -- as though you're climbing hand over hand, one hand always on the rope.

Shut the fuck up and fuck off.Jill Will be scaned as a big tit latina in your next game and people Will like It more than you!

the fun part is for mercenaries you have to master all of these things pretty much

this shit really needed a combat tutorial because nearly all of this crap is not in standard TPS. Hell, most of this shit was not in RE4 OR 5

I just leave it here.

Attached: tumblr_ly7ghlE8F71qbn1vmo1_r1_640.jpg (598x926, 98K)

It's too perfect for it to not be intentional. I can't wrap my brain around the idea that it could be an accident.

Learning is part of the fun user

Here you go, bro.

Attached: 1566399534249.jpg (1600x3105, 907K)

get the fuck out of here
4 is leagues above 6
idk about 5 ... only time is was actually interested in the game was during the beginning and the tribal temples with the Tricell research stations

1-3 tried to emulate film because that was their style, what the fuck does that have to do with "limited hardware"? Why the fuck is Yea Forums trying to push everything as being a result of limited hardware and not just being a directorial choice?

this
when someone says re6
this is the only scene that comes to mind and this song idk why , maybe it showed re6 clips during the credits of the movie with this on the back
youtube.com/watch?v=YEgC82w4Zlc

>Unfortunately, Capcom didn't want you to know about them from the start

wow, that was a dick ass move Crapcom.
>the players will need these advanced techniques to have fun
>LET'S NEVER TELL THEM ABOUT IT

It has a few things going on for it

Attached: ada.png (1920x1080, 862K)

Better than 7? Oh no lemme guess RE isnt supposed to be first person? 6 is pretty garbage and saying its better than 7? Idk about that, 7 is one of the better mainline RE. Story is even better than 6s.

Is killing Zombies immoral if there's a cure?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-21-00h48m48s260.png (1920x1072, 1.88M)

Might be better to just kill them than to cure them and let them die anyway from all the raw human flesh digesting in their stomachs.

This

>Idk about that, 7 is one of the better mainline RE
Not really. It's worse than 1-3, REmake, arguably 4, 5 and REmake 2.
CVX is arguably better, certainly has a better soundtrack and story, I'll say that much.
0 is shit.
6 is shit.

I'm glad to see more defenders. I had a blast with this game on PS3 and even bought it again next gen. I understand the "objective" flaws but I cant imagine anybody not being entertained for the entire run of this game.

nah its just self defense

the only people who think outbreak is bad aren't actually people

I hated it until I discovered karate kid.

Co-op was fantastic. Worth the price just for that.

I can, because I wasn't. It's better than 5 but the setpieces in this game suck ass far more often than not. I think the only part in all of Leon's campaign that I liked was the church boss fight. The other campaigns weren't that much better, either. RE6 tries so damn hard to be so many things that it rarely does any of them well and the game is a slog for it.

Play this on Professional with a friend was the most fun co-op I've ever had by far. Good memories.

Attached: 1327046982225.jpg (688x473, 50K)

re6 was baaad dude

Imagine having this opinion. It’s not even better than 5.

I think you have to be mentally ill to think RE6 is a well designed game. It’s one of those games that’s so bad, it’s funny while playing with a friend. The game is embarrassing.

worst game ever made by capcom.

great post
bravo!

>The shitty over dramatic acting and writing of the game, trying it's hardest to be like a movie.

You mean 90% of AAA titles since 2005, including RE6.

>digesting
>live bacteria?
>live immune system
Are they really zombies?

The quicker you kill the monster, the more people you save, and they give you ammo/health in return. It's tough on the first run though. You need at least a couple of the explosives which honestly are better used for the previous graveyard encounter

>That is why mercenaries is BY FAR the best part of re6, because you actually get to play around with the mechanics with relative freedom

Nothing stopping you from experimenting in the campaign, where they're actually useful, especially on vet, pro and NHL. 'RE6 was built for Mercs' is a meme, most of RE6's mechanics are defensive which are useless in Mercs since the enemies basically do nothing

Attached: 1550094125716.jpg (640x640, 34K)

>It pisses me off more that they decided to skimp on the campaign extras, like costumes and unlockables like weapons or modes.

I was disappointed about the lack of alternate costumes, but it's hard to complain about the lack of extras when you got an entirely new 8-10 hour campaign after beating Leon/Chris/Jake (now freely unlocked from the outset) with DLC never even considered.

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL 6_20160415235342.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

Was a fun game back then, i only played coop with randoms online and i had a good time overall. I do think the ada campaign was friggin boring and i tried to end it really quick.

the swimsuit with tanlines was better imo

Learn counter timing. Mercs is literally counters: the game. Don't be Dante like everyone pretends, it's not necessary. You get no points for style here. Mercs' difficulty is low, you just wanna kill enemies quickly and move onto the next, and counters give you an instant kill.

Attached: 2218_1.jpg (640x547, 57K)

do i need to complete ada's campaign in order to unlock infinite ammo?

Attached: evagreen.jpg (275x275, 46K)

>have this on steam from a humble bundle
I guess one day I'll have to try it.

RE4 >>>>> 6 > 5

Not only was it a real RE game, it's still the best RE game. Nothing in the series comes close to it.

>b-buhh it's not scawy
None of them are.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGKlQgd6kbM

Play RE7 in VR and tell me it's not scary

I actually just bought this because it was on sale today. I've played RE2OG and Remake, RE3, 4 and 5. What am I in for with this?

Attached: 69868721.jpg (720x960, 68K)

RE7 is unironically not a real RE game.

it's more like real RE than RE4-6's linear gameplay. It brought back the classic gameplay where you solve puzzles and unlock doors across the house, backtracking up and around unlocking new areas like the yard + other houses, spawning new monsters based on your progress etc

it's a shame we're probably not gonna get anymore because the creator threw a hissy fit about people pirating his mods
maybe he shouldn't have had them for $10-30

Attached: ddg6gmt-98cc8d19-2c87-42c8-bc28-43106ae5aeee.jpg (1920x1080, 834K)

>Using PlayStation VR
That's the scariest part about RE7. Fuck that bullshit

typical western pandering shit. far from japanese.

japanese re are 1-4. after 5 they get absolutely westcucked

One cuhrayzee ride, dear ol' Pizza Man.

RE6 was just taking the series further in the direction 4 and 5 did and was fine.

7 is definitely not an RE game and not at all a return to the series' roots, anyone who actually played RE1-3 would know this is the biggest lie capcom has ever told.

son, everything is better than "RE"7, yes even Code Veronica which was previously the worst in the franchise until 7 came along.

>there are still shills for re7 because of muh meme character villain man
>game has 2 enemy types the entire game
>bad boss fights
>terrible combat mechanics
>pretty much turns into CoD half way in
>has nothing to do with the series at all
>car boss
>is literally just hostile/SAW
>bad fps walking simulator
>b-b-but this is true re coming back!

>Doesn't have Shiva
>Doesn't have the homolusting that Wesker had for Chris
Yeah no.

New port of 6 looks bad

Sheva is only an issue on professional difficulty because an enemy will cough on her and put her in danger repeatedly. Even on Veteran she is no issue.

>third person
>a kid
>FUCKING LAST OF US EVERYWHERE REE

This game really did a number on "hardcore gamers" good lord.

It's a fantastic, very large and long TPS.
It's like the Michael Bay version of RE.
If they carry on the original storyline with RE8, it'll be interesting to see how they discuss what was essentially a worldwide collapse.

I'm playing Revelations 2 right now and it's pretty good. Way better than the first Rev.

I enjoyed RE7 better than RE6. RE6 is mechanically sound, fighting B.O.Ws is fun and it looks pretty good. The issue is that the campaign is utter shit it almost never focuses on the strengths as an arcade game and instead it is stupid corridor runner with setpiece action which doesn't fit the force coop.

RE7 is campaign first and then the more actiony side chapters and arcade modes added on top of that. RE6 is Arcade game with extremely shitty storymode to pad things out.

Fuck off Inezh. Nobody even knows if you exist.

The first Revelations is absolutely abysmal, it's kind of shocking.

Agree
If they had focused more on atmosphere then action and set the game in just one big location to explore it could have been one of the best REs. The art direction at least was great.

You know how the best RE games have pretty chaotic development where the team ends up scrapping the build and redoing everything after their failure? RE6 is like what would happen if they released that shitty build without any kind of iteration. Seriously, when most games were getting constantly delayed, RE6 actually had its release date moved up to release sooner. WTF? The combat might have had some potential if they iterated on it, but RE6 was an absolute lemon of a game that fucked up even basic things

>atrocious FOV. Even after they patched it, it's still not great
>shit checkpoints
>zombies on the ground that can't be interacted with until they spring to life in a scripted event
>fucked up QTEs what don't communicate that you're supposed to use two sticks
>frequency of shitty QTEs
>tripping over bodies animation
>the god awful tic tac healing system
>doesn't even let you pause to adjust your settings in the options, even if not online
>etc.

Everytime I think about going back to the game, I think about the experience of actually playing it and just say "nope".