Welcome to XCOM HQ, Commander

Welcome to XCOM HQ, Commander
Are we ever getting XCOM 3?

Attached: Central_Officer_Bradford.jpg (1280x720, 428K)

I heard there were some games getting released after Xcom2, similar to xcom playstyle. What were they again?

It's wass confirmed to be in developement, I thought.

XCOM 1 and 2 both did well as did their expansions so yes, I think it's reasonable to assume we'll get a third one. The real question is what will they do to make it stand out? The first was just a classic UFO game, the second flipped it on its head and started with the aliens winning, so what now?

You play the aliens invading earth.

Underwater themed. You get to fight leviathans and shit.

Or play the aliens defending from the earthlings.

I mean that's just Terror From the Deep.

It's already out as a kid's game on the switch

It's sort of hinted at in the last cutscene of XCOM2

Attached: XCOM_TERROR.jpg (220x257, 17K)

After seeing how woke was 2? Hopefully not.

Dunno about after XCOM2, but there's Xenonauts, which is closer in style to the original X-Com, Xenonauts 2 is in alpha last I heard, so maybe that?

I love this game for the times when you make god tier plays that make you feel slick as fuck but the voice lines get annoying
>Commander, *thing you already know about the turns remaining counter*
>*the same ten lines over and over again*
learning I could turn these off was the greatest shit

Attached: 1563670187297.jpg (500x500, 58K)

There's tons. There's Mario and Rabbids, Mutant Year Zero, a John Romero game, a Gears of War XCOM.

Download the Narrative Control mod or whatever its called, it removes all plot related voice lines from the game and leaves only the soldier and ayylien voices

Or you are XCOM in the future when they decide to eliminate alien threat once and for all

>After seeing how woke was 2?
What?

Woke? The black scientist was completely amoral and took joy in his dissections. Shen's daughter is nowhere near the genius her father was as he had to work from scratch. The whole multiculturalism of the aliens was a sham and they were using us as pawns. The game was anti-woke.

My theory is that were going to get a combination of TFTD and Apocalypse. I think the portal at the end will allow the Micronoid races to invade Earth through the ocean.

pretty much this, i would love to see another xcom game too, but we already got the 2 scenarios for a true xcom game (i.e. earth defense)

they could probably risk with a new kind of xcom where humans retaliate and invade the aliens world now that we have their tecnology, but i dont feel that would be too in line with the xcom theme (maybe a bigger war with the aliens could fill the bill)

and no, anything where you play as the aliens is homo as heck, go dilate

Phoenix Point is due out later this year iirc

Being the invading force...interesting.
I would take any one of these, to be honest, all ideas are promisssing and can be well executed I think.

Attached: 1541497967827.png (1280x781, 789K)

We already have multiplayer for playing as the aliens.

You're a bunch of multicultural antifa-looking faggots fighting the evil government, for fucks sake.

The government that's been taken over by a foreign entity.

>I'm a shitposter

Some day the gas chambers will open again, leaf.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 15K)

I honestly hope that the sequel will share the narrative of the sequel.

>mfw the Base Invasion cutscene begins

Attached: 1563519706009.png (719x713, 587K)

>2K Games
If we ever get an XCOM 3, it's going to be EGS exclusive.

terror from the deep might come back, since the aliens are deathsworn on raping us in the ass

The government that consists of really conceited assholes that are different from "the people".

I wish I was shitposting. I legit couldn't stand the aesthetic and the setting of 2.

XCOM Apocalypse-style.

After defeating the Elders, the remaining aliens not hellbent on revenge reluctantly integrated into human cultures. Then some other alien force invades and the old aliens help you fight that shit off.

>I honestly hope that the sequel will share the narrative of the sequel.

Attached: 1566793540314s.jpg (223x250, 5K)

Considering how much better nuCom 1 was than the sequel, hopefully not.

Yes. My theory is given Jake and Julian are good friends, Jake is refraining from posting anything XCOM3 related until Pheonix Point releases. He doesn't want to dull the excitement for PP by starting the XCOM hype train up all over again.

Unfortunately Julian selling PP out to Epic has largely killed interest in the game in any case, but that's my theory.

are u okay retard?
I think you're on the wrong thread buddy
The console-faggotry is a few pages down.

Attached: 15634323942.jpg (441x417, 28K)

how the fuck do you actually do the defense missions anyways
l kept on losing them and I just turn on godmode when I get them now

Attached: 1568932216238.jpg (299x262, 22K)

>how the fuck do you actually do the defense missions anyways

What? Just git fucking gud.

Attached: 1554531581463.png (425x444, 294K)

*play as humans invading the Alien planet.

Or just Terror From the Deep

by not being a retard

Attached: Silent Storm ^3.png (239x239, 62K)

stop believing everything Yea Forums tells you

>The real question is what will they do to make it stand out?

Easy. Big Budget AAA remake of XPiratez

Attached: Gg5Bvd6[1].jpg (722x367, 45K)

How did Terror From The Deep manage to create such a dreadful atmosphere?

This.
Didn't any of you guys play the expansion?

Sure, it will be better than regular XCOM, but it feels like a dumbed down version of the crowfunding campaign. Maybe it's just me, I didn't play since third alpha but newer versions don't look much better, even the Geoscape if you keep in mind it was supossed to be a 4X.

always in the dark and the unkown depths of the sea

Medieval era XCOM. Basically in the 13th century or sometime like that aliens tried invading Earth the first time, but humanity back then defeated them with swords and shit.
Just think about it.

Never ever. Not even for an AA dev and I doubt some indie will even try.

Yes, very convincing argument for Ebin

Attached: tim.gif (220x166, 87K)

It's literally in the abyssal mate, no secret recipe.

what about the scientific research of alien tech and shit? How would that work in medieval times?

>race can travel lightyears
>expecting some rice plower to deefend himself or anyone with a piece of steel

Attached: 1543678502543.jpg (1200x1199, 83K)

The church. Maybe The Pope will help you.

If I get a 3, then yes.

Basically you would have monks in brown robes as scientists and blacksmiths as the engineer equivalent and they would forge green glowing swords and probably elerium crossbows
Shut the fuck up it's cool

>you deploy dragons to shoot down enemy UFOs
This could actually work if we allow a bit of fantasy to kick in.

Maybe on the third time they will manage to make something half as good as piratez. But given the target audience, I doubt it.

Considering XCOM is now anime-tier, it'd be possible.

I can do fine on every other mission type but I always seem to fuck up the defense ones, and idunno why

Now THIS would work.
Aliens come here and oh shit, what the fuck are those giant lizards breathing fire?
It could go that magic is common place in earth but not for the aliens. Technology versus magic.
Huh...I don't think they would be THAT stupid.

Large scale warfare with both sides establishing solid footholds on the planet, something like WH40k. That would only be the backdrop. The Commander would still be playing with small squads, since XCOM would be considered a small elite vanguard outfit.

Attached: 1534005773518.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

>Technology versus magic
And then your archmages get to study the enemy weapons, so you end up with elemental based lasers and plasma rods.

my medieval xcom concept art please contact me firaxis

Attached: file.png (754x806, 52K)

FIRAXIS HIRE THIS MAN

>Huh...I don't think they would be THAT stupid.
Remember when Ash traveled to the past in Evil Dead 3 and defeated a Death Army? Well, now it's XCOM. Limited resources since they are finding ways to produce ammo or repair their gear and also adapting to the new scenario.

pls die in a fire with your anus clogged with dicks

youre fucking rude

I hope not. 2 was a huge step down from EW and EU, which in itself was already a step down from classic, or so I hear. I liked EW and EU though, but 2 wasn't on par.

I really saw a secretary doing a blowjob, ass up and a thong in the background

Eh?

maybe they learned. anyway, theres still phoenix point if you can forgive the devs and terra invicta coming

>XCOM 2 has way better QOL features and mods
>XCOM 1 is better in every other way
those two features are pretty fucking important though

which one to play bros?

Attached: 1480697048373.webm (720x480, 1.4M)

The door thing at the left, the thumbnail

I respect this vision, user, but I don't like it.
They wouldn't understand shit about the weapons and technology.
But I would be absolutelly cool with them studying the effects of the weapons and creating something to do a similiar effect.
Say, for example
>see how they don't waste energy/mana/mp with a big explosion? This shit launches the magic in a narrow, thin and small ammount just enough to penetrate our magic shields.
>new staff/magic/orb that concentrate the magic shit into a single receptacle and shoot extremelly fast created
I don't know if I am being clear here, it's close to wht you said, but different.

Attached: Ancient Astronaut.jpg (750x422, 22K)

I'm surprised Japan hasn't made their own version of Xcom.
Aliens and all.

Knight class
Archer class
Berzerker class
Monk class

EU and EW were mostly just dumbed down xcom but xcom 2 was basically a different game, and became fleshed out a lot after the expansions. I grew up playing DOS-com. Played the Alien Invasion Quake 2 mod, but got bored with the very simplistic take of EU. EW made it better but I usually just run out of fucks to give and stop playing. Xcom 2 I've played through like half a dozen times. I play Xenonauts when I get the urge to play XCOM 2. To be fair I really liked SHIVs dislike sparks (why make a unit in the foundry that isn't disposable like the tank in 1?) and that whale mission with the chrysalids was on point

I know we're probably getting a remake of terror from the deep next, but I'm more excited to see if they try and achieve the original ambition of Apocalypse.
The original design doc described industrial and corporate espionage, sabotaging other government agencies, false flag attacks on friendly xenos etc.
A shame none of that came to fruition in the original release.

Attached: 220px-XCom_Apoc.jpg (220x285, 33K)

Aliens aren't a big thing there, I think?
The only case I can remember is that red "woman" alien that kidnapped a family in the 50 I think. The Oni thing is much bigger.
Of course I am talking out of my ass, I don't know nothing about Japan.

>Terra Invicta
I'm sure that'll be a 4X, looking at the devblogs.

>XCOM 2 ending very obviously teases Terror from the Deep
>Does nothing with it and instead gives us special aliens voiced by Riker and Worf

This would be the best choice possible if they decided not to do Terror from the Deep. Instead of outposts or continents we would be liberating entire worlds from Alien control; commanding fleets to fight alien fleets and invade planets on a galactic map would be a super fucking neat evolution of the geoscape.

Attached: 3643622221.jpg (798x809, 48K)

I'm happy enough with long war of the chosen now that its been revived and made playable. It's nice to have an actual strategic layer instead of just hitting popups and the infiltration mechanic takes a big fat dump on fatigue. I liked wotc (despite the lost being boring zomble trash) but I could never mod it to my liking, now I don't need to. I can just wait for RPGO to get integrated and I'm all set. You can say long war 2 is retardedly obtuse all you want but xcom is about the journey not the destination and I'm enjoying it much more than I was when I was trying to make the game good with 300+ mods.

Attached: 123131.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

the right question is: are we ever going to get a proper dos xcom successor that gets ballistics, environment destruction, terror and enemy superiority right?

God, I can't remember when was the last time my troops looked like this.

It's heavily implied that the next game is going to be their take on Terror from The Deep, but honestly I'd love for them to do an XCOM Apocalypse thing. Running super governments in this post-alien occupation dystopia could be a lot of fun.

I tried playing long war rebalanced last week after about a year of playing nucom 2. It felt so fucking clunky it was unreal, I couldn't even turn the camera. I don't remember it being like that so evidently I got used to all the nice changes 2 made without realizing how essential they were.
It's a shame because EU has a much better setting and much better enemy types, I miss my grunty sectoids and floaters, but I can't go back to all that with the lack of customisation, jank and playing the same maps over and over.
I still think long war 1 is the best iteration of nucom though. Maybe one day I'll go back to it when I've taken a long enough break from 2.

Attached: 1273218.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

I have so many cosmetics installed I just went back to basics. Also because a lot of them have clipping issues and shitty textures.

Attached: toon.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

As if it was possible for humans to take on ayys with the tech we have now. The ayys would have to be beyond retarded to fuck up that one.

How's LWOTC combat? Some video I can see to check how combat and Geoscape work?

A more fluid and open ended mission structure where you're not fighting aliens, but can also end up turning XCOM into a rogue organization that fights the governments of earth as well because FUCK YOU FOR TAKING AWAY MY FUNDING, FRANCE.

the entire fucking point of the aliens is that they dont want to conquer and destroy humanity, they send just enough of a danger that it forces humanity to adapt and become stronger