WHY THE FUCK IS EVER SINGLE OBSIDIAN RPG SO FUCKING INFURIATING TO PLAY?

WHY THE FUCK IS EVER SINGLE OBSIDIAN RPG SO FUCKING INFURIATING TO PLAY?

THE FUCKING COMBAT SYSTEM INVOLVES 100 DIFFERENT STATS TO LEARN, LOOT IS TRASH 99% OF THE TIME, AND IT IS STILL JUST STANDING STILL AND SWINGING UNTIL YOU DONT MISS

Attached: Pillars_Logo.png (327x244, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntw3UsL2kNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The new employees know tabletop RPGs through the idea of RPGs rather than their experience with RPGs.

If you're missing you're doing something fucking wrong

>max dex/ perception
>dump might(on anything thats not a healer) and resolve
>kep the rest at around 13-15
>2 tanks 1 healer 3 dps or 1 tank 4 dps 1 healer
There thats the secret to a good build in both games for literally every archetype. enjoy the easy fights

Josh Sawyer is a fucking hack fraud

>Why don't you like a balanced game user?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

If there is one thing PoE1 and 2 got just right, it's the attribute, defense and accuracy system.

Stop being a fucking brainlet and check what each attribute does and see how they make sense. Can't take more than five minutes to grasp the combat unless you have average intelligence.

>Might
>Constitution
Physical stats. Improve Fortitude defense.

>Dexterity
>Perception
Cunning stats. Improve Reflex defense.

>Intellect
>Resolve
Mental stats. Improve Will defense.

In addition, Perception improves accuracy and Resolve improves Deflection.

There. Was that so fucking hard you fucking faggot?

Attached: c98639d5fa2d915c2c52f55b37d80f97.jpg (1920x784, 232K)

It doesn't matter. Even if all of their races are original they suck.
I was so disappointed with character creation.

>unless you have average intelligence
lmao look at this idiot thinking he's so smart

Screw you
It is the exact kind of pretentious wheel reinvention I would expect from Sawyer
It stinks of someone thinking they can reinnovate the dnd ruleset into something more, instead you get convoluted mess of failed ideas

I forgot to put "very below".
am idiot sorry
OP is still dumber than me tho

Attached: 1522339118832.jpg (800x748, 81K)

its not convuluted tho?
its honestly not complicated enough the only thing that takes a bit of time to get is the 4 different defense stats

A lot of DnD rules are archaic as fuck. Not to mention a lot of them don't translate well to real time vidya.

J.E. Sawyer tried too hard to "revolutionize" the game with interesting game design touches. Now some of them succeeded (attributes being balanced so that there's no min-max, addition of the stash, etc.) but others did not. Removing pre-buffing on paper sounds like a good idea because it removes tedium, but it also takes away certain combat options that could make a player feel clever. The engagement system is pretty good, but because the A.I just can't really keep up with all the tactical intricacies the engagement system offers it just ends up an easy means of crowd control: just send Eder to aggro three monsters to lock them down.

Everyone here told you pillars is shit. Obsidian hasnt made a good game since dead money.

Lonesome road is kino, memorable, and a great ending to your characters journey.
honest hearts is boring and owb is just afwul outside of dialog
but yeh after that obsiden went between awful to okay at best

>(attributes being balanced so that there's no min-max
What the fuck
There's just about at much minmaxing in this game compared to any RPG with stats, he just made them less fun and meaningful.

Haven't played lonesome road because when I booted it up it suffered from the same cancer that old world blues had - fucking crazy hp sponges (I played on very hard). Dropped it almost immediately.

yikes
just turns out your bad, and can't handle gameplay that doesn't involve a single headshot resolving everything

>owb is just afwul outside of dialog
You're insane. The writing in OWB was terrible and the characters were completely grating and unlikable 'mad scientist' archetypes that were just painful to listen to.
The other DLC's at least had the decency to cut straight to the chase instead of wasting your time with le wacky mad scientists talking for 30 minutes straight about your 'penis toes'.

I can't believe this shit came from the same guys who wrote the dialogue for Vulpes in Nipton and the entire backstory behind the massacre there.

Pillars of Eternity IS cute user BUT Deadfire IS poop user! Iovara wife WAS a GOOD wife user BUT Xoti AND Maia WERE poop unfaithful wifes BECAUSE of new Obsidian writer poop unfaithful wifes fetish user! (They were! They were!)

Attached: Iovara.png (210x330, 103K)

>Everyone here told you pillars is shit
Why don't you KYS already, alright?

its a silly dlc going for schlock horror with crazy scientists
If you couldn't figure that out by the trailer, your retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=ntw3UsL2kNw

its a nice break of pace, not my fault your the fun police that le cringes at everything.

gameplay wise it just spams cazadors, roboscorpiosn, and night stakers
the least fun enemies in fallout history at you the entire dlc.

honestly you just sound like a faggot contrarian that hate its clearly the fan favorite of the 4

both PoE and PoE2 were better than DOS/DOS2
fight me

>THE FUCKING COMBAT SYSTEM INVOLVES 100 DIFFERENT STATS TO LEARN
hahah
nigger with 85 iq
go back to consoles, nigger
POE has one of the best character systems in the last ten years.
but you are too brown to understand it.
CRPGs are recreations of 90s games
you know, back when computers were owned by whites only and games were good.
they are for white people.
they are not for shitskins like you.

Attached: 1566857970688.gif (806x720, 1.1M)

i mean your wrong about dos2
but yeah both poe games are far better than dos1

This. If you haven't grasped these simple nuances of the ruleset by the 5 hour of gameplay, then I don't know what to tell you.

No! Deadfire WAS poop user BECAUSE both female wifes DID leave IN ending user! The ONLY wife that did NOT leave IN ending WAS male wife user! Why DOES Obsidian have poop cuck fetish WITH female wifes user! (Why does! Why does!)

What are you even talking about!?

This is gay fish game, right?

i dunno imagine romancing npc unironically

naw thats pillars 2
pillars 1 has a completely different tone. a boring one sure, but thats a step up from 50% of the cast is wacky gays

Obsidian, please make Aracanum 2, before Tyranny 2 and PoE 3.

>barbarians want intelligence
yeah that is stupid and ruins immersion

What! Xoti DOES leave Watcher IN ending user AND Maia DOES leave Watcher IN ending user BUT Aloth does NOT leave Watcher IN ending user SO all female wifes IN Deadfire ARE unfaithful wifes user AND the ONLY faithful wife IS male wife user SO Deadfire IS poop AND Obsidian IS poop user! Do YOU think Obsidian writer IS poop cuck fetish user! (Do you! Do you!)

Attached: Aloth.png (210x330, 42K)

What else do you expect from the dullest rpg of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

Xoti is sort of crazy but I'd definitely try gf her irl desu she looks delicious.

>wheel reinvention
Its D&D stats renamed you absolute retard

any rule system is stupid if dumping a stat is viable like barbs just dumping int
and honestly dude theirs tons of Noble savages with inate intelligence character archetypes in media

POE2>POE>Tyranny

Nah people cry about it because it's NOT DnD with it's shallow "X class maxes X stat no matter what" system..

It's kind of funny how low effort and quality Tyranny is. It's like they didn't even try.

What! Xoti IS cute user BUT she DOES leave you IN her ending user BECAUSE Obsidian IS stupid user AND Obsidian IS poop user!

Conan was actually a pretty clever and fast guy in the books. In fact the original stories mention his speed and cunning way more often than his muscles. The cliche retard strength barbarian is dumb and I blame Arnold Schwarzenegger

>What! Xoti DOES leave Watcher IN ending
Did you have her not release the souls at the adra pillar?
>Maia DOES leave Watcher
She's a brainwashed grunt and was never really part of the team.
>Aloth does NOT leave Watcher IN ending user
Aloth's character mostly kept it to himself in both PoE's unless you really pushed him. Also, he's my off-tank, spellblade top DPSer, so back off!

>X class maxes X stat no matter what" system..
That's only post 2000 munchkin D&D. Before that, you went with whatever you rolled during character creation and stats never increased aside from magic items.

What! It does NOT matter WHICH ending user BECAUSE Xoti DOES leave Watcher IN every ending user AND she does NOT follow Watcher back user AND Maia does NOT follow Watcher back user BUT Aloth DOES follow Watcher back user AND Ydwin is NOT wife user BECAUSE Obsidian writer IS a poop cuck fetish user anon!

got pretty pissed that i couldn't fuck the negro chick

Ok grandpa that version of DnD isn't used in any notable vidya so who gives a fuck?

Wasn't this that retarded cunt that wanted to throw the world into needless strife just because the gods were man made? Bitch they're still GODS, doesn't matter if they were created by mortals. Now that I think of it some more, the entire story is utter trash. Wasn't the main character under some sort of curse or something at some point where its soul with waste away? Don't recall that ever amounting.

I found playing adnd video games less frustrating than obsidian games since while thaco is shit, it is atleast still pretty straightforward

What! She is NOT smart user BUT she IS cute user AND she IS loyal user SO she IS good wife user!

>Playing WRPGS for gameplay
You come and stay for the lore and story

All you needed to do was take a quick look at the game's cover art in order to know that it would be utter rubbish. Shit's straight out of tumblr.

Attached: 370974-tyranny-linux-front-cover.jpg (460x215, 47K)

I DO come AND stay FOR wifes user! (I do! I do!)

Are you mentally ill or what? You're in every RPG thread imaginable and always put this bizarre emphasis on random words.

How is the DLC for PoE2? I couldn't bring myself to play through the whole game again just to see it.

>those thick lips
>those bright golden eyes
>those colorful feathers
>that dominant attitude

Attached: 1553994789326.jpg (478x478, 46K)

I only play rpgs to make overpowered characters thank you very much.

No!

It looks cool though.

i lost my save like a few levels before i could do the dlcs
i was really excited for the last one too, I second this

any anons who finished the dlcs tell us if its worth it?

If you're a tranny, I suppose it does look "cool."

No! It IS poop user! Obsidian DID say they WOULD add Ydwin wife BUT they did NOT add Ydwin wife SO they DID betray wife anons AND wife anons will NOT forgive Obsidian AND Obsidian IS poop user!

you really got em user
tell us what makes it tumbler looking?

Tyranny was very good if for the completely different narrative they created, and I hope they make a sequel

Anyone who likes any of the Pillars of Shiternity games is a fucking idiot and there's nothing that can convince me otherwise

Give ME sequel Verse!

Attached: Verse.png (210x330, 40K)

>Pillars of shiternity

Hi autist kun.

Who here
18 Might
18 Con
18 Dex
Who gives a shit about the other stats

MONK

Attached: ok.jpg (800x533, 100K)

the only good character beside based statue-kun and that one bitchy girl

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Never got to play the monk, but I liked how fucking irritating they can be to fight on the highest difficulty.

The self damage Monk in the 2nd game is fun as fuck, but my favorite is probably Steel Garrote/Soul blade Paladin.

Any game that requires reading wikis for char gen is bad
The games get super easy when you learn options are good and what are bad

>THE FUCKING COMBAT SYSTEM INVOLVES 100 DIFFERENT STATS TO LEARN
That's literally D&D

Is Tyranny worth playing again and buying with the DLC or is it still some basic ass same-sex marriage everyone's bisexual utopia SJW fantasy utopia?

You CAN make Verse YOUR wife user! She DOES say she is NOT wife user BUT you DO put PENIS in AND that IS wife user! (It is! It is!)

>Set in the Bronze Age, the only RPG to feature this time period.
>Story and characters based loosely on "The Black Company".
>Can actually play various shades of grey/evil
>Choices actually do matter.
>Interesting magic system.

And yet this is the only game that Paradox didn't expand ad infinitum, like the others, mostly due to Obsidian "borrowing" a large chunk of the budget. It still hurts.

is it worth buying or not when it's worth fucking $30

I DO buy ANYTHING with wifes user BUT it is NOT worth it IF you do NOT want wifes user BUT it MIGHT be worth it IF you DO want wifes user! (It might! It might!)

Is it really you?

What!