He plays games for """fun"""

>he plays games for """fun"""

Attached: imagine playing a game for fun.png (1294x683, 639K)

TLoU had fun gameplay and Death Stranding looks enjoyable

Can wait to play Doom Eternal this November.

Games are finally being taken seriously as an art form. Stop playing "bing bing wahoo" mindlessly and learn something new about culture or politics like a real fucking adult.

Because after you spent 50% of the game just walking you will switch to a fun game instead

retard

Based

>he plays games

The kojima quote on the right has already been confirmed to be 100% fake. People have translated what he said and a troll just slipped that sentence straight into the middle of a paragraph.

You're confusing "fun" for "easy"

I will let the cinematic masterpieces to the Sophisticated Adults(tm) . I'm a rube happy to play Luigi's Mansion.

based Sony putting childish man childs into their place

TLoU gameplay is litteraly the worst aspect of the game. You may be carried away by the storu, may think characters are worth to care about but fuck the braindead gameplay with retarded AI and the piss casual "stealth"

I dont, unironically fun is not the most important thing in a videogame.

I'm sorry no one fell for your bait. Here's your you

>TLoU
It was boring as hell, but it was well written so it's good

Remember when Yea Forums was all about fun being a buzzword? What the fuck happened to this place?

This isn't true. The gameplay is what sells the rest of it. The gameplay is where the actual tension happens.

Attached: 4ea468377388ef1d533f1d3ab7aaf3881b370526037be1c46a4c20d4a1ab795a_1.jpg (1700x820, 101K)

You pretentious twit. If someone is interested in culture or politics they can read a goddamned book, or listen to a fucking podcast. Take your "games are art" bullshit and blow it out your AIDS-infested asshole. For almost thirty godforsaken years I've witnessed the constant evolution of gaming, a pasttime that I still cherish even though it's been invaded by mewling cock-droplets such as yourself. It's a motherfucking shame that gaming has come so far but still gets saddled with the failed attempts of pseudointellectual hacks to stuff their useless opinions where they don't belong. I don't give a rat's rotten ass about some Silicon Valley faggot's viewpoint. I have an imagination, I'll fill in the blanks myself for fuck's sake.
People like you are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore. You know that? He gave up on us because motherfuckers like you have to overanalyze every little thing. You've drained the world of its magic, and you will be even further separated from God for your transgression. You stupid fucking cunt. I hate you.

Attached: you.jpg (700x875, 231K)

Nice copypasta.

The gameplay is shit and clunky. Melee makes you glide across the floor to connect to the enemy. Shooting is fucking basic. Stealth is the worst in any game I've ever seen.

can i get a link to the discord you guys are using to plan this campaign of comparing death stranding to TLOU and other movies games today?

youtube.com

>Games don't have to be fun
>Books don't have to be readable
>Films don't have to be visible
If it's not designed to even be fun then whatever you're making isn't a game. It might be great, might be a masterpiece, but it's not a fucking game.

Attached: 1536006649683.jpg (281x337, 39K)

Why is this fake news about Death Stranding still being spread? Kojima didn't say the game won't be fun.

No it wasn't. If you've watched or seen any prestige tv show/movie you know what to expect.

Nah. It isn't clunky that is for sure.
Melee has leeway but that doens't matter since it isn't completely OP and it makes it feel a lot better to use. Shooting isn't basic, it is actually way more grounded because of the weapon sway. You need to be more strategic with how you use your weapons. Stealth is up there with the best of them while you are alone. AI companions can break the immersion sometimes. But you would only screech over that if you have higher standards for TLOU than literally all other games that has the same mechanics but no one said anything in those games.

it's not clunky. just very safe gameplay so to speak. nothing really new, but it's well made.

This.

>Dark Souls (1) is an artistic masterpiece
>it has no explicit narrative
>it's literally all gameplay
What did he mean by this?

other game publishers must somehow cope that they won't get as much sales this year from their copypaste games.

those comparisons don’t make any sense
fun != playable

>tlou is fun

Attached: images.png (230x219, 7K)

Based.

>Death Stranding won't get fun until halfway through the story
Any word on how long this game is supposed to be?

flamethrower, nail bombs, smoke bombs, shivs, there are lots of fun things about it. the only problem is there's way too much downtime.

from what the leaks specified, somewhat shorter than MGSIV, though it's a big game so that's maybe on the movie side, rather than actual gameplay

No but he didn't say that.

The purpose of a game is enjoyment, that's what makes it a game. If you are specifically designing something without enjoyment and fun in mind, you're not designing a game, regardless of its actual quality.

What about shit made for streaming like the sequels of Five Nights at Freddy's?

Playstation used to be good. Great even.
Seeing this development is depressing.

Attached: 1568824445502.jpg (1242x1160, 120K)

KOJIMBROS STAY THE COURSE DONT GET DISTRACTED DONT LISTEN TO HERETICS KEEP YOUR PREORDERS

>The gameplay is what sells the rest of it.
Which is why all the praise was for the story.

Want to know what happened?

The gameplay is the worst part of the TLoU. Name your favorite 2 guns and explain why moving ladders and pallets/rafts in the water is enjoyable in any way.

>the purpose of a game is enjoyment
why? how could you even make such a claim? do you also think all music is meant to be pleasing to the ear? do you understand how art works?
feel free to answer any or all of these

Yeah.

Sony bought them. Their ownership is like a poison

Druck the Cuck took over, fired Amy Henning, and all of the staff that was there before left, leaving nothing more than a soulless husk of a shell run by SJWs, and ruined Sony's first-party games by forcing them all to be movies.

they will buy it anyway you moron. Yea Forums is a fucking tsundere, don't you know?

>Yea Forums is a fucking tsundere, don't you know?
That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

>TLOU is not fun

People who say this are the same retards that will lose their shit if it gets a PC port

Because the majority of the video game industry still haven't understand what make videos games an unique media, interaction, dark souls 1 show the way to do it, the game is build to tell a story with the interaction between the world and the player. The opposition between light and dark are show by the verticallity of the level design, you always go up or down, there is not a single flat level.

Those are contradictory.

If the PC port comes with the option to skip the dialogues and the in-game cutscenes that take 90% of the so-called game, why not?

The absolute state of Snoy

>t-this game will be shit, b-baka! neck yourself!
>continues to play skyrim for the next 8 years
yeah, fuck you, and your word understanding, nigga

I agree but I wonder how many anons here actually played TLoU.

>TLoU had fun gameplay and Death Stranding looks enjoyable

Attached: pant huff joker.jpg (778x807, 73K)

So you used Skyrim, a game everyone modded to hell and back, instead of the game you were talking about?

"Fun" is a subjective term.
Even if Hideo deliberately attempts to make the first 50% of Death Stranding the most boring piece of shit only to have the rest kick ass there's going to be people who enjoys watching the story unfold from start to finish.

Then it wouldn't be a fun game would it?
Not to mention the second half would be unappealing for the people who enjoyed the first.

NPC thought.
To them games have to emulate movies to be art, because that's their conception of art. Even though that's fucking stupid because all they are is shitty movies because gameplay is pretty much poison for pacing, which is one of the most important parts of film, and if you're going to make a game without gameplay then why are you even making a game? Imagine if you made a MGS movie and you kept in every single nameless faceless mook in a corridor that Snake took down, or a Death Stranding movie with a whole bunch of running and ladder shenanigans between the action and cutscenes. Would be the worst movie of all time. They can't understand the concept of utilising the strengths of a medium to portray media because that relies on them thinking of a way of conveying media they don't already know, which is abstract, which is impossible for an NPC. So to them shitty movies without a semblance of pacing constitutes as close as games can get to art because movies are art and that's as close as they can get to movies.

They're just fucking stupid my man. They think that it matters if games are considered "art" by other people at all. Just fucking stupid.

yeah, the game we're talking about is still unreleased, so I'm not going to use something that I did not play as an example. I will, however, use an example that is similar to this situation. that's what you do in a normal argumentation. I think you're just too big of a tsundere to acknowledge that

I had a dream about DS last night, which is weird because I barely ever have dreams and they're usually about everyday shit, but it was good bros

Attached: _96969502_78b75efc_37fe_449f_944e_0fa30805a597.0.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

Naughty Dog did an internal poll about whether they should make more Crash-type games versus games like Uncharted and they mostly voted Uncharted

Good thing Kojima never said that then and it's made up for clicks.

Fuck off back to your containment board

Attached: 20190920_193430.jpg (514x386, 118K)

>I will, however, use an example that is similar to this situation.
Which you also have yet to do mind you. From the start people were fixated on Skyrim's modding scene.

Based and redpilled

While I agree, it sure's too bad mainstream studios all seem to think the only way to have any narrative is making badly written movies with cover-shooting between scenes.

triggered

At least the melee animations look great in that one

Attached: gaysdone.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

lol mad

The documents/secrets basically shit all over whatever was good about the story. I honestly do not understand why do people hold this game in such high regard. Sure, I enjoyed it and the characters kept me engaged, but it's not like it was incredible or anything.

yeah, and that was the hype for the game, you fucking weirdo. you have a thick skull, don't you.

>wall of text
proving sarcastic end-statement

They scared because you told them the truth

>words words words words
nobody is gonna read all that shit man

If there's one way to describe TLoU gameplay is insulting. Simply cause all of their mechanics rely on your character being a brainless fucktard and the word breaking in on itself. A perfect example of the devs wanting to gameplay to be how it is, but having an astounding lack of ability to craft a world that supports it.

all leftist memes are giant walltexts

Attached: 1568678270800.jpg (980x1498, 727K)

Yeah, but on PC I can have naked Ellie tho.

Attached: 1567166142356.png (316x355, 235K)

Fuck off back to /pol/

"fun" is a bad word to use since there are many games that aren't striving for "fun".

Like a horror game shouldn't be fun, but terrifying.

It's not a troll if its wishful thinking the game will be fun at any percentage through it. 50% is generous.

dilate

Jesus fuck that looks terrible.

Not even from there dude. Just telling you your meme image sucks balls.

>Melee makes you glide across the floor to connect to the enemy
Without attack snapping, melee combat is usually shit. Even Platinum uses attack snapping.

Exactly, though, if naughty dog wanted to be super honest they could have just said that the "games" won't end up 'interesting' or 'engaging' either

They realised that the games success is based wholly off marketing?

naaaww, did preemptively saying that your meme sucks not stop anyone from pointing out that your meme sucks!?

>The purpose of a game is enjoyment, that's what makes it a game.
But that's wrong. Even people like Miyazaki that Yea Forums faps to understands that isn't the case.
You think people dying over and over and getting punished is them having "fun"? No.

Also, like a mongoloid you're reacting to clickbait shit like taking sentences out of context from an article.
Game developers make use of PEG, not chasing "fun" like some clueless child.

Wrong, I play for achievements.

Attached: kingfisher.jpg (1080x1080, 87K)

You're like the guy at the birthday party who just stands in the corner like an awkward fuck.

But the next one says it won't be fun

>”like a real fucking adult”
>thinks videogames are art

Attached: 7985C4DF-B829-4D58-88E6-8E66EBD7DE3C.png (830x770, 554K)

Get off my containment site normie reeee

>WHOA THERE FRIEND, IF YOU'RE HAVING TOO MUCH FUN YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THE DEEP PHILOSOPHICAL IMPLICATIONS OF MY PRETENTIOUS WALKING SIMULATOR

And people seriously defend Kojima """"""games""""""".

Attached: 1559507369166.png (480x272, 163K)

i play for the high score

Attached: 1554885575645274.jpg (800x422, 32K)

Why do memes from "progressives" involve 10% joke and 90% seethe?

>he quotes a blog
yonks

>kojima says his game will be like most games and get more fun the further you get into it
>absolute drooling retards interpret this as LOL HE SAY GAME BAD UNTIL HALFWAY THROUGHHHH

Attached: 1568830169758.gif (187x220, 607K)

You completely missed the point, which was that you anyone can enjoy anything, no matter the developers intent.

I play for being entertained, if I get fun, it's a side effect

Do you have fun everytime you play a game?

Old faggot still stuck on his 16 bit (shit) gameplay only games of childhood.

Alien was fun from the start though. Comfy dialogue scripting with the crew, something that Kojima wished he had in his games.

Kek

I'm glad you're enjoying games.

The multiplayer, at least, was pretty fun

BAZINGA!!!!!!

>implying naughty dog was any better under Amy Henning
kill yourself, moron.
you know what really happened? Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left the company and so the janitors and incompetent morons took over naughty dog and that's why we get boring trash like Unfarted and the last of ass, because the morons can't do anything but copy kingdom of the crystal skull and other bad hollywood flicks, and even ripoff movies like The Road.

Attached: i made this.png (800x1745, 73K)

>Kojima games
>not fun

Attached: 1568678382985.jpg (433x427, 86K)

That's basically what he said in the actual quote. Alien's one of his favorite films.
This is just clickbait bullshit.

UC1 was GOAT

Where did you get this info?

t. reddit

I didn't like the shootouts and every 20 seconds. Found the zombie parts more engaging as a whole since it lent well to the exploration of the world.

Every Dark Souls game, DMC, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Star Wars Jedi Knights 2: Jedi Outcast, any decent game doesn't have attack snapping.

I play games to imagine girls smelling like garbage

Attached: 1536960923014[1].jpg (645x773, 30K)

DMC literally gives you a gap closer because it's not realistic.

Those games have lock-on.

The game is like 15 hours long and moving ladders and pallets is like 30min of the entire experience.
My favourite guns are the revolver and the shotgun.

i actually play games to forget about my crippling depression for a moment