Why do people like this boring, poorly design piece of shit?

I honestly can’t find any redeeming factors beyond atmosphere, Music, and maybe art style

Attached: 1A7C105A-84BF-4AFE-8E92-91F5CCFBB324.jpg (300x450, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9rg8UBKtt1o
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disregard OP.

Better question why is there all of a sudden a deluge of threads asking Yea Forums why people liked hollow knight?

Because it’s an overrated mess of a game?

I truly can’t find the appeal in comparison to similar games

Mentall illness. Hollow Knight redditors will tell you that even backtracking is a good thing and it feels like shit to play on purpose.

It’s Metroid except well designed and requires an ounce of skill

Seething rainsworld fag

Mad that I completely destroyed you on the other thread?

No one likes you. Fuck off.

Because faggots come to this board to b8 retards who will always respond. Nobody cares about real discussion and its all about (you)s and lies.

OP is a huge faggot cuck with shit taste in games and I sincerely hope he dies.

>well designed
I had to backtrack in hollow knight 100x more than in any Metroid, and the abilities in the game aren’t even that exciting. Oh cool, a DOUBLE JUMP WOW I WONDER WHERE I CAN USE THIS
>ounce of skill
Yeah, maybe for mid game and some end game bosses. And then you have shit like GPZ and absolute radiance, which are quite possibly some of the worst designed bosses I’ve ever encountered in my life

what other thread? There aren't many.
Are you the dude who had to suffer through the version of the game that didn't respawn food?

Lmao Who the fuck are you?

Wrong person, retard.

This.
It's all about the outrage culture now. People have to find a way to get everyone mad at each other and be mad at everything all the time because that is the way people are easily manipulated these days. Why do you think the only people ever mentioned when it comes to political discourse are the absolute extremes to the point of absurdity?

Usually it's a case of one dude playing a popular game and disliking it, but instead of just accepting that his opinion differs from the rest he has to keep making threads hoping that Yea Forums will validate his opinion about a videogame

source: I've done the same thing, though not with HK cause that game rules

People claim that hk has the best most incredible artstyle while claiming to detest funko pops in the same breath and it's just funny to me because it's the same shit.

rainsworld ebttre than hollo cukshit!!!

I like both a lot, why do you need to shit on one game for liking another one?

Lmao, you can barely even write. THAT's how retarded rainsworldfags are, holy shit.

>have fun playing
>get to that point in metroidvania where you have no idea where to go
>run around the map bored for a few hours trying to find the next level
>by the time i find it, i'm burned out
>few months past
>watch some videos, and run into something hollowknight related
>get excited again
>repeat

what the fuck is this meme genre? literally how is this an improvement to just being linear

reminds me of mhfags and soulsfags arguing with each other, this board will fall for any bait no matter how obvious

Because pathetic people requiring attention know that pretending to be retarded gives them what they crave.

>>few months past
holy shit rainworldfags are LITERALLY braindead

>attention
It’s an anonymous board

>retarded
I asked a question, why do people like this game? That’s literally it. You’re all the shit flinging monkeys that changed the thread.

i have no idea what rainworld is or whats your problem desu

sorry i got the games around wrong way. i actually like hollow knight more. please forgive me.

> retarded kids who never played Super Metroid or SotN flooding Yea Forums
> Retarded Yea Forumsirgins actually biting the bait
Is there a place to talk about video games that isn't full of retards and redditors?

no
this is the internet now

Yeah the point is that most games that know how to work this system like igas castlevanias try to make sure some things are a little more memorable so when it's time to backtrack you have an inkling of something your brain bothered to faintly retain like " this part back here in the blue map, I don't think I explored that as much, and this room here with a big contraption something was off, maybe I can go back now." But when everything looks the fucking same in Hollow Knight and the map sucks ass you won't retain shit and take forever beating your head against walls trying to progress, its just annoying.
I think even super metroid was as guilty of this sometimes but the latter games learned and improved on it.

It's on game pass and Microsoft just did another 1 month for 1 dollar, and yeah it is overrated, it's not even good, shittiest map since La Mulana, simple combat that for some reason people fellate it even though you can't do combos.

TOO LATE

We HollowCHADS have already won

Holy shit stop projecting, I’ve played tons of metroidvanias

Super Metroid and SOTN are fucking great, this game has nothing to offer in comparison

my problem is that you're a fucking moron who doesn't even deserve to play hollow knight

FUCK YOU

Most games in the genre have smaller maps and the level design is generally built to guide you to where you need to go without giving it away while also emphasizing locked pathways you'll traverse later with the right upgrade so it always sticks in your mind. HK has none of this sadly.

And you’re seeking attention on it. It’s sad.

The game isn't for everyone, and it's okay if you don't like it OP. I personally enjoy the metroid style of gameplay, slowly getting stronger, gaining new abilities, those abilities doubling as movement options (like double jump, dashing, all the classics). It also has some really tight boss design. Could use a bit more difficulty, but as it is I consider it a solid game.

Attached: Untitled.png (588x432, 363K)

are you a dev of hollow knight? like your weirdly it defending too much
you have to be on someones payroll. theirs no way your this autistic to get this mad that people critique your cutesy art style video-game made for kids.

Here’s your (you)

Why can't you just do that but linear?

>great game
>very cheap
>all dlc is free
>Yea Forums hates it
Checks out.

Sure, but why?

You don't know what the word "projecting" means.

because the alternative is metroidvania which is the same game but now you get the fun of walking around bored until you just happen to find the next level.

That’s the thing, I love metroidvania, and all that entails. But I just didn’t like this...and honestly I can’t agree about the boss design. There are some standouts like NKG and the triple mantis lord fight, but others are literally hot garbage.

Castlevania IV and Rondo did it right

Git gud zoom zoom

Attached: 20190526_202711.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

>Cornifier
>Quill
>Wayward Compass
>maps don't update real time

Attached: 57588886.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I literally only haven’t done absolute radiance or markoth on radiant mode. Fuck off retard.

I’ve played the game for 60 hours, and my consensus is that it’s bad.

I love the game but i fell like the "free dlcs" are just them actually finishing the game, it feels a little lackluster without them

>map is bugged so half the things you buy are useless and don’t show up anyways

Why would it update in real time. I enjoy seeing the little dude sit on the bench and fill it in.

Reminder that /ourguy/ loved it

Attached: hk.png (714x710, 97K)

>he needs a map
Just use your sense of direction.

Attached: hornet_git_gud.png (500x616, 108K)

I can't even beat regular radiance.
Or beat Rain World with Hunter.

Attached: brainlet.webm (640x360, 1.98M)

Why do we have to each other?

>dude buy this map
>oh lol yeah the map isn't finished
>go buy a quill so you can finish it yourself
>oh no no you can't make notes with that quill, no um that isn't allowed
>buy these pins so the map is actually useful
>oh a new area? here buy this map
>no you can't use your quill to make a map that's not allowed fucking pay me bitch
>ok this map isn't finished either but you can use your quill to make it finished, you're allowed to use the thing that you paid for now that you've paid me again, until the next time that you have to pay me again
>oh no you can't make a note of that room see that room technically belongs to a different area and you don't have a map of that area so it will look as if that room is unexplored until you pay me for the privilege of being able to use the quill you bought from me
>"Dude the atmosphere and story in this game is amazing, so immersive."

when people say the art is good they aren't talking about the characters/creatures

it's a good game but the punishing hit effects make it such a tryhard wannabe difficult experience that it's tough to actually enjoy
>lose HP
>hit enemies for HP
>run out of enemies to hit
>time to backtrack LOL
>still have to stop and hold the button to heal
and who honestly didn't get their spirit back after dying, it's just more tedious shit to deal with

You just suck at the game.

>hey hold down this button to heal
>ok now this button also does a useless magic attack that wastes your heal juice
>yeah we also mapped the magic attack to a different button but it's also on the heal button because lol idk

>"""map""" isn't even remotely a 1:1 of the game world
>mfw looking at the map which informs me that I am outside of the room that I'm currently standing in

Attached: 1498945797875.jpg (240x240, 8K)

>>run out of enemies to hit
>>time to backtrack LOL
That's literally your problem for being a pussy and not moving on.

Attached: D3GH-ygXQAALWO1.png (750x750, 343K)

>soulsfags still think this is a legitimate response to criticism

>oh a new area? here buy this map
>no you can't use your quill to make a map that's not allowed fucking pay me bitch
who the fuck thought its a good idea?

He's entirely right. If you lose HP on your way to a boss, often you're stuck having to backtrack or wander to regain HP and soul. Souls games solved this problem by giving you far more chances to heal than you'd actually use in the fight, meaning you're not actually at a disadvantage if you use an estus beforehand. With HK, you are at a clear disadvantage. It's especially a problem since most treks to a boss are very long.

It's a great game but the hyperbolic praise makes me slightly hate the damn thing. It's not as good as the genres best titles and certainly not one of the best game ever made.

calling someone bad at a game is just another cope response

if someone makes progress in the game they're good at it

Attached: 1447105688078.png (720x720, 880K)

>kill an enemy
>DEEEAAAUUUGHHHUUEEEEERRRrrrrbrrrbrglll *gargling noises*

Attached: onfire.jpg (500x353, 28K)

game draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags on for fucking ever, also the SJW shit gets old pretty quickly

Attached: gtmabtqsxdl21.jpg (1564x1564, 132K)

ah, i see you are well versed in the ways of irony

if HK wasnt so much a chore to play i would 100% it but theres just too much backtracking

>NOOOO CRITICISM IS WRONG UR JUST BADDDDDD

He even said the game was good too, cope

Only issue I have is contact damage on every enemy. I get it if it's a spiny fuck or something, but I find it dumb that casually walking into an enemy that is also casually walking inflicts damage to yourself when the primary way to engage them is through your nail and the enemy already has attacks and tells associated with those attacks. I'd probably be cool with it if those enemies were also somewhat affected by you bumping into them, but as it stands, an enemy suddenly stopping movement, turning around, or spawning on top of you being a potential kill is butts.

Game is comfy otherwise.

BRAPANADA

So you're saying you prefer bosses with less unpredictability.

>Play through almost all the game's content despite thinking it's a bad game.

If it's so bad, why are you so far into the end game?

>has no diagonality, everything is vertical or horizontal
is it an engine limitation?

if he doesn't, people will say he can't have an opinion on a game he hasn't played

The first chunk of the game is straight bad. Once you get more movement techniques, the ground pound and the nail upgrades, it completely transforms into a pretty great Metroidvania.

Main problems are excessive length for the sake of length, and horseshit boss design.

Old Stag is my best friend and I would die for him

Post HK memes.

Attached: 10982356.jpg (809x614, 57K)

I prefer bosses where moves aren’t complete RNG.

If a boss wants to use moves randomly, that’s fine, but then there are things like absolute radiance, with swords and lasers and energy balls that behave unpredictably and have no set pattern to them

Some of the bosses put you into unswinnable situations, where you literally have to eat damage, not because it’s your fault but because the game decided to spawn a hitbox right on top of you after a jump, all while shooting off 5 lasers at random directions, all while the boss is charging you too

Basically once I’m too deep into a game, I have to complete it, even if I dislike it.

It’s an OCD thing, but also so I can have an opinion on the game and not have it discarded by others

Can relate. I ended up going through everything in the messenger and hating it just to solidify my opinion that it is indeed a shit game.
The 'tism a bitch.

The bossfights really made the game unenjoyable to me, if you have a barebones combat system why bother with enemies with complex movesets that force you to go trial and error?

I generally don't get it. there are so many better metroidvania styled games out there I can only assume it's getting the same boost in popularity as shit like undertale and five nights at freddy's.

>though you can't do combos.
the fuck does that mean? you cant combo in mario 64, super metroid or sam and max either because its not a fucking thing in those games like its not a thing in this one.

this absolutely killed the game for me. That and the horrible backtracking and useless 'fast travel' system. Having a functioning map is the only thing that makes a metroidvania work. Or having actually decent level design.

finally a list of reasons to play Hollow Knight

>SJW shit gets old
unironically retarded faggot bringing politics into everything
theyre bugs dude

>hey guys I know, let’s add massive amounts of hit stun and weapon recoil unless they use a charm that takes away from other aspects of combat, then add hundreds of spikes everywhere so they take even more damage!

The platforming in this game is piss easy, but the design philosophy of it is pathetic

Doesnt sound like it was easy for you little buddy :)

It was easy. Doesn’t mean it was enjoyable. Seethe harder “little buddy”

You are the one with the rage induced cognitive dissonance
Sneed

>complains about really slow paced bullet dodging
>has spammable dodge with i frames
youtu.be/9rg8UBKtt1o
Nah dude you're just bad at fucking video games. This boss design looks fine. Very predictable patterns and slow enough to where any retard can react to it. You being that retard.

I don’t think you know what cognitive dissonance means

Something can be poorly designed, unfun, AND easy

Get help

The dodge isn’t spammable, and alot of hitboxes in the game are disjointed. you obviously didn’t play the game

In denial and delusional Sneed

Denial of what? I have the fucking plat for super meat boy, the platforming in HK was easy, but not well thought out. cope.

If I knew I'd keep it to myself.

Sneed

Attached: 1553606202198.jpg (703x469, 63K)

Retard

Sneed

>Why do people like this boring, poorly design piece of shit?
Because it mixes Metroidvania + Souls, and those are the two most basedboy genres in gaming.

Attached: 1551607111222.jpg (820x773, 128K)

>NOOOO YOU CANT HAVE GOOD COMBAT AND SKILLFUL PLATFORMING IT HAS TO BE A SLOW BURN INTENSE CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE

Dude you’re on Yea Forums lmao

>SJW shit
>Hollow Knight
What is SJW about it?

Attached: 1550238845642.png (853x683, 134K)

We’ve been over this already.

Attached: 0EA109E1-776F-4F00-B60A-FA5ACDFF6CD6.jpg (680x543, 111K)

I like it for the atmosphere, the music and the art style