*Exhales*

*inhales*

That was a healthy deep breath
Thanks Yea Forums

not having a dpad on the left joycon was a mistake

*Inhales*
youtube.com/watch?v=fSM_SO0GIBc

feel bad for the beta testers

Just because the Switch Lite has an actual d-pad doesn't make it better. You're losing so much functionality and shit by downgrading to a Lite. It's also got a worse battery than the redbox Switch. Also look at how much size you're giving up, unless you have baby hands and prefer a smaller system. It's slightly bigger than a fucking PSP, honestly that's all the Lite is. It's like a bigger PSP without all the cool shit the PSP had, like music, videos, pictures, wallpapers/backgrounds, etc.

Will the upgraded switch thats coming out with better battery have the dpad?

The fact that that thing has an actual d-pad pisses me off.

I don't think we have any info on this "new mode" upgraded switch that is supposedly coming out. I imagine it'll have a better battery, but it's also suppose to have better performance and power.

And a better screen, actually that's the only thing we know for sure.

why are nintendofags so pathetic

they will accept anything even if its objectively terrible

Explain.

I don't get it.

>Lite gets a D-Pad
>but it has a worse battery life and screen than the new regular Switch model
>if the joy-cons drift you're fucked completely
wew

apparently newfags think just posting an image of a console is enough to start a console war thread. who knows maybe they're right.

I thought the battery was improved.

Can't wait.
Finally a version of the Switch you can actually play handheld.

> Using forced perspective to make the Switch Lite look smaller than it is

Attached: switchcompare.png (1641x852, 294K)

Did they fix their fucking sticks?

Jesus christ then screen is even smaller on the light? I can barely play Astral Chain in portable as is.

nice

Attached: 1504838303269.jpg (845x883, 141K)

get a load of this retard

Ah. the drift and the crying that will ensue! Handhelds lol

>Joycons
Retard

They finna bouta get dabbed on now let me hear ya holla

this dpad must be uncomfortable as hell to use

Will devs now patch all their games that have to small text in handheld mode now for the lite?

Attached: 1466508859711.gif (200x202, 194K)

probably gonna pick this up since i only use my switch handheld. wonder if the analog issues are gonna be an actual thing since i've already had to replace my joycons twice.

Attached: 1568899022260.png (456x497, 301K)

It is compared to the release “white box” model (3 hours vs 4.5 hours) but compared to the “red box” upgrade it gets less (6.5 hours vs 4.5 hours)

I got my Switch in my lap. That new one seems tiny, looking at it anyway. I don't use the stupid joycons they are fragile.

Probably will be since every modern controller seems to have issues with the sticks.
My PS4 controller both have stick drift.
My Xbone controller has a weird deadzone problem I can't fix.
Soon my launch joycons will probably start drifting too.

Attached: 1339973427987.gif (300x159, 1.55M)

i've never personally had my ps4 or xbox controller have any type of drift and they have been through hell, whereas i keep my switch pristine and have never dropped it even once.

i think nintendo just somehow managed to make terrible analog sticks. i drew the short end of the stick with joycons too considering none of my friends have these issues.

if the switch lite starts drifting, oh well, i'll send it in i guess.

Attached: 1568830987305.png (148x128, 31K)

I would like to pick up a Switch lite for portable play, but I still use video out on the Switch...
Nintendo needs to show me that I can quickly and easily transfer save data between the two to make it useful for me, and I don't trust Nintendo to have an online setup that isn't 20 years behind the times.

Imagine not buying the revised model from August

I already have a launch Switch so I'll buy a Lite instead. Will get a Switch Pro whenever that comes out.

Don't forget to breathe OP

>get drift
>have to send in the entire console

Is that the one with longer battery life?

Not gonna happen

>Nintendo needs to show me that I can quickly and easily transfer save data between the two to make it useful for me, and I don't trust Nintendo to have an online setup that isn't 20 years behind the times.
That's my issue, and it's an issue that I don't think will be resolved any time soon. Some important games outright disable cloud saving, like Splatoon 2 and the upcoming Animal Crossing.

something something sony always wins baybee

>playing your switch undocked

Attached: 67b.jpg (600x450, 78K)

>I would like to pick up a Switch lite for portable play, but I still use video out on the Switch
Uh, bro... Your Switch already comes out of the dock. Unless you're that desperate for an extra 30 minutes of battery life, in which case you should probably buy a fucking power bank instead of buying a second goddamn console that's strictly inferior to the original.

>1080p at most on a TV in the year 2019

Attached: 5765b57dd0e4e1fcd9778f7b13151a0b38ae42b6.jpg (2115x2115, 2.19M)

This

>Wanting to play Persona 5 on the Switch
>Not just playing it on PS4 like everyone else.

Kek, it'll look like shit if it ever comes to the Switch.

The D Pad is better than the previous buttons but based on reviews I've checked out so far. they're fine but not good for fighters.

oh so the same as on the ps4

>why yes i do love playing my 600p games on a giant tv screen

Attached: 1510692305441.png (485x443, 22K)

>the standard resolution of literally everything is just no good
>480p on an oversized "handheld" is much better
I will never understand handheld only toddlers.

i mean, you are right, but if you strictly only play handheld then its really not an issue

in my case i'm handing off my switch to a family member so they can use it, since i never use it on the TV

>Your Switch already comes out of the dock
Oh shit, really? I never knew that! Congrats on failing to read between the lines at all. I use my switch on the go to, I didn't think I fucking needed to say that. I work in IT so I have downtime, the portability of the Lite looks appealing, and the dpad would be nice (the third party options suck), less space taken up in my laptop bag would be nice. The rest of what you said is word vomit, and is trying to address an issue I never brought up, not sure what tree you're trying to bark up there but maybe you should climb that tree so you canhang yourself from it, retard.

If you don't think there will no noticeable difference between the PS4 version and the non-existent Switch version of Persona 5 then you're retarded. It would look 10x better on PS4 than the Switch.

Not him but I play games on a tiny monitor including PS4 stuff so I don't care about resolution as long as I can see shit and the game runs at a stable framerate

>>Wanting to play Persona 5 on the Switch
>>Not just playing it on PS4 like everyone else.
I played it upscaled and 60FPS on my PC

People really will invent any excuse they can to throw more money at Nintendo, goddamn. I like their games enough to have bought the launch model but imagine just sitting here stretching for reasons to buy every single console revision, even when it's inferior. Sure hope none of you boys are ever whining about your situation in those "salary: competitive" threads.

Attached: 1544758126903.jpg (419x420, 24K)

Lite is finally what the Switch should have been from the start.

no it wouldn't both games look like garbage. even the mockup of the switch version you made to shitpost with

>Muh joycon drift!
literally not real. you fags never have proof.

Are these still hackable?

>NO NO NO NO LET ME SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS INSTEAD OF THIS CHEAPER SOLUTION NONE OF WHAT YOU SAID IS RELEVANT EVEN THOUGH IT IS REEEEE
Look in the mirror, retard. I can't stop you from being retarded when you're this aggressive but why ask an anonymous imageboard for asspats regarding your horrible financial decisions if you'll just sperg out over any answer you don't like?

>>the standard resolution of literally everything
oh no no no no no

>dude its ok to have worse resolution i dont mind
imagine being this cucked

Hell no, you think any of the good goyim in this thread would ever pirate from based Nintendo when they're lining up to throw away money on an inferior version of what they already own? The reason for these useless revisions being shat out one after the other is to patch any vulnerabilities.

But they did have a left joycon that has a a dpad. It just you have to buy it separately and it only works in handheld mode. To be honest it's a shitty move on nintendos part. All left joycons should have had a dpad.

>i care about the performance of my games
>*buys a console instead of a PC*

>lets make the screen smaller
Fucking why?

Attached: 9o78iuj67hy563g7u65y543.jpg (1090x582, 107K)

>why'd the make a version meant for portability smaller

who fucking knows man

>not even Nintendofans want the Lite

Attached: 8jnb6h7v5g45vhbhjvhcgrf.png (1171x327, 146K)

Just get a shell with a dpad, it's like $12

you are making it seem worse than it actually is, considering its still the same resolution (720p) but its better ppi than the original switch

so it'll look better most of the time

also its for portability

Attached: 1568923892899.jpg (680x381, 45K)

No. Hardware exploits e-patched out, software exploits inaccessible since they'll be on recent-ish firmware.

>the original Switch isn't meant for portability

so nintendo will put out a left d-pad joycon for early adopters, right? wouldn't be like them not to force people to triple dip

its meant for both

the lite is meant only for portability, its why they shaved 100 dollars off of it

ill buy one when the lite gets hacked. paying 200 plus subscription fees just for ports and shovelware is not a good deal.

>the lite is meant only for portability
And that's why no one wants one. The original Switch already has the option of being portable, plus more features.

okay retard

faggots

Attached: 1542480776456.jpg (1600x1200, 138K)

Actually, just a slightly smaller screen will make text easier to read due to it being sharper.

Attached: E25E92B5-8CE2-4948-B2CB-B751CF9B1AA4.jpg (300x300, 34K)

except the original is enormous god what the fuck is wrong with some of you

honestly

What happens when the joycons break on the lite?

The regular switch is only portable in the sense that you can play it in bed. It's got a three hour battery life and it's too big and heavy to fit in a pocket or really take anywhere. You also need a carrying case if you don't want to damage the joycons. The switch is about as portable as the wii u gamepad was.

What touhou game is that

My biggest issue with the switch is screen is too small.

Are you being serious or just baiting by pretending to be a retard?

*Exhales*
KAH-
youtube.com/watch?v=gmFEpC9qlTw

Azure Reflections, pretty good for a fangame. One of the few bullethell titles for the Switch
Basically a "revision" of TEoSD

Attached: 1560030022811.jpg (460x215, 65K)

implying anyone in 2020 uses a dpad, get with the times grandad

It's real, but it was basically them being really prone to getting dirty because the only thing separating the internal mechanisms is a loose rubber flap. It's simple enough to clean with a little contact cleaner.

i bought one because im not a poverty fag like most of the board and im going to enjoy it so fuck you Yea Forums

I can barely see shit on my switch sometimes, how the fuck do they expect me to read stuff from a screen smaller than my smartphone one

Attached: 4232.png (600x600, 129K)

>not a poverty fag
>buys the poverty model
What exactly are you trying to prove? The newer original Switch is better in every way.

Ill check it out, thanks. I'm better with a control stick anyway

because i have an original to, and i'll buy the pro, and i'll enjoy the best of every world, unlike poverty fags

Except it's not as good when used portable due to the joycons making the whole thing feel like a flimsy piece of shit.

The buy one of those little plastic grips that goes around the whole system in handheld mode. Not only does it not feel flimsy anymore but it's much more ergonomic.

How is the Switch hacking scene? Do I have to pay for Switch games?

CUTE

or just not be a poverty fag and buy a switch lite and live like a baller

underrated

The joycons were a bad idea from the start. Switch should have been like the Lite but dockable.

pro controller drifts too, it if has sticks it will drift.

>calls others poverty fags
>doesn't want to spring an extra $10~20 on a little plastic grip
Are you SURE you're not the poverty fag here?

Can confirm.
Even my PS4 controller sticks drift.
Modern controllers fucking suck.

yes,the price of a paperclip

why does the switch have this problem when most other controllers of the past usually last several years?

no i am not a poverty fag because i can afford to buy what i want, you however are a retard fag for not being able to understand the point i am trying to make, enjoy your plastic grip retard fag

I wish that was true.
My PS3 controller still works flawlessly but I'm on my third PS4 controller because they break just from regular use.
Any day now my Joycons will start drifting too.

>D-pad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the switch mini its a joke

The fact they manufacture these pieces of shit in china really shows with the drift and the general build quality of the tablet and the joycons. Fucking gamecube+controllers can survive 20ft drops and being slammed against walls and still run fine with no errors or drifts. Switch can't survive more than a year with problems through normal use. Fuck Nintendo. They manufactured their joycons with known defects. Something they used to have quality control for.

Attached: 7b0014d702036eec645ad74ae92aff29e8134f4b.png (1264x1760, 1.13M)

I don’t have a switch. I don’t play console using tv, don’t have the time. Wanted something portable and not like a brick in my hand so this is a nice option.

>july

can you hack it yet?

>attached joycons
>Joystick start drifting again because nintendo is pure shit
>have to send back the console to fix it and wait 3 months
>the data are all wiped out when the console comes back

Can't wait

Attached: 1536516249634.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>caring about picture vs games
Ok have fun with port stations PC games

There's a difference between being in poverty and not wasting your money. You'd get far more bang for your buck getting the newer basic Switch with increased battery life and a plastic grip to play in handheld mode for $100 more than getting a Switch Lite. It's like mocking someone for not getting the original brick shaped 2DS. It's worse, yet you brag about wasting your money on it.

Hacks for lite never fucking ever.

Latefags BTFO

Attached: 1545244944331.png (1270x175, 25K)

Because gamers are fucking obnoxious consumerist retards and loyal dogs and the industry knows she can push extreme planned obsolescence and get away with it. Especially with the pure FAGGOTS from the nintentoddler community.

Attached: aaagaymarriagedildo.jpg (360x649, 45K)

Kinda wish they used sticks similar to the 3ds instead of joysticks

it is just a defective part, Nintendo started free drift repair in response

did they change the build with the new colours then? It seems like a planned defect that backfired.

just buy a switch from an early adopter who wants to "upgrade"

thank you for confirming that you are a retard fag (and most likely a closet poverty fag)
im going to think of you when i play on my switch lite and when i play on my og switch and again when i buy my switch pro
and probably again when im jerking it to frog posts late at night
stay mad retard fag

>"It's too big and awkward to be a handheld! It won't even fit in my pocket"
>"What the fuck, why did they make it smaller!?"
OG Switch was fine.

Attached: woop.gif (450x266, 1.15M)

>but why would you buy a handheld-only Switch?
Because people want a handheld.
>But you can't Switch to console mode
If that were a problem, said people would get the other model.
>but there's no HD rumble
See above.
>J-joycon drift
Is this a major problem? Honestly. Is it?

joycons/procons produced early 2019 will probably still have drift issues

only getting a switch when they hack the fucker. games to spendy on nintendo.

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

OG Switch was fine when you played it on TV mode.

>Is this a major problem? Honestly. Is it?
yes? although i've seen people say they never had an issue with launch switches, it does happen. i don't see why you would add that on there.

This is good though? The switch doesn't have the best hardware, so a tiny screen is good for it since the PPI is higher that way.

If I wanted to buy a Switch, would it be better to wait until the next one comes out, or which of these models?

Switch is already a handheld. joy con drift is huge problem when you would have to send the whole console in for repair.

Directional buttons can do everything a d-pad can do, as well as press opposing buttons or more than two at the same time. They can also function as four face buttons when in single joycon mode. Directional buttons are superior to a d-pad in every way.

Lol

Attached: 20180616_163655_optimized.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

It's the same resolution though, so it actually gets a better DPI, to the point where you basically can't distinguish individual pixels.

What am I looking at ?

Handheld console and a home console.

>Got Switch last christmas
>Used it for Smash and Okami for about a month fairly regularly, then only occasionally picked it up every once in a while, mostly for Smash dlc
>Pick it up and play it more now that I have Astral Chain, Breath of the Wild, and Fire Emblem. Mostly playing Astral Chain
>Fan, i'm assuming, starts whirring and making noises like a motherfucker out of nowhere.

I didn't take superb care of this thing, but it hasn't been treated like shit either. Fuck. Guess it gives me an excuse to pick the new version in another couple years, hopefully when something other than the battery's actually improved.

>home console
Hybrid

Trying to play SMM2 and NES/SNES switch online platformers with directional buttons is driving me fucking insane

Astral chain puts the thing through its paces, mine did that as well and I take care of it like it's made of fucking gold.They build these things to fail, knowing people will pay out the ass for another one. 6th gen was the last gen they actually gave a shit with their hardware builds.

You're welcome.

will the HUD and subtitles be readable in handheld mode?

you have to pay for the ones with online. cant go online from a nsp/xci download.