Attached: Shotgun.png (526x375, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ELGw52Cy
gamebanana.com/sounds/38926
youtube.com/watch?v=MaAN_aDWvCs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz1KbEf8BNs
youtube.com/watch?v=q6fN1TiqcXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Half life was garbage, did you not get it?

>Inb4 someone says "Then whats that thing on the bottom, nerd"
Thats the magazine tube, it holds the shells.

Half-Life ruined first person shooters, prove me wrong.
Protip: You can't.

stop posting the ugly remodel

Patented Black Mesa (tm) Spas 13 (tm)
I wouldn't expect you to understand

Attached: 1547543670336.gif (387x286, 819K)

>magazine

Attached: 1568667444692.jpg (413x395, 40K)

i'm not ashamed to say it: i prefer the hd models

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (637x358, 33K)

the spas 12 is semi automatic
hes just shooting fast lol what are you a gay nigger?

>the feed tube

Attached: 1556829440120.jpg (1080x1042, 174K)

That's what it's called. Are you retarded?

IT'S A STOCK, NOT A THING THAT IS FOLDED OVER THE TOP OF THE GUN. YOU BRACE IT AGAINST YOUR SHOULDER. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

just imagine a world where Unreal 1 became the model for FPS games for at least a couple of years. Unreal is 21 years old now but it's still the most achingly beautiful, mystical and immersive FPS ever made, and the gothic fantasy mixed with sci-fi setting is one of a kind. When I saw echoes of U1 in Amid Evil's first level, I nearly cried, I miss this type of setting so much.

It's a 2-round burst system like the an-94

Its because the secondary fire was meant to be full auto, just like in Sven Co-op.

>implying a man that goes around hitting things with a crowbar would care

>How dare an action game with aliens have unrealistic guns.

not to mention he hits fucking fast

>[any game] assault rifle has one (1) (singular) (Uno) barrel
>Somehow has option to fire entire mag in 2 seconds
Witchcraft, I tell you!

>NOT A THING THAT IS FOLDED OVER THE TOP OF THE GUN
It's a foldable stock dumbass. You know there are actual reasons for those right?

>game has m16
>reload animation has you pull the fucking forward assist like a charging handle when you reload
>also the weapon is mirrored and shells eject into the players face

yeah

Unreal 1 also has weapons that all do the same damage and is filled with bullet sponge enemies.

I wrote something based on the HL universe and I kinda want feedback on it
It's not too long, 550 words, English isn't my first language but I wanted to have a challenge and see how it would look
pastebin.com/ELGw52Cy
Thanks for reading

Attached: ow6hm4ndxN1vjx2xro1_400.png (400x360, 271K)

it looks fucking awesome on top of it though

We get it, you spent 30 minutes on RPG codex and now you're pretending to be a boomer.

>No arguement

Randy Bitchford and his cronies made them. Still preferring them?

That was in CS 1.6 you imbecile.

i hoped duke nukem forever would come out and BTFO half life forever but we all know how that turned out

are you retarded? listen to the gunshot when firing - hes firing 2 quick shots, as the SPAS12 is a semi auto shotgun.

fucking retard

thats only a thing in the original version, the new version just has one sound

The HD models are okay, but the shotgun sounds in the HD model pack are fucking atrocious.

The M4 makes more sense than the MP5 but it's still firing 9mm because it's a reskin.

Wrong. If you can't hear it, it means you're playing Source version.

While on the topic of Valve knowing nothing about guns, fun thing about the AR2 viewmodel in HL2: it’s just a bunch of floating black rectangles that exploit optical illusion trickery and are not actually connected to one another.

Viewmodels are always smoke and mirrors

Yes it's an internal magazine, even the Garand has one.

The pic i'm posting here is a comparison article from 1998 that I roughly translated a couple of years ago. This is how Kraut vidya mags usually viewed Unreal, Jedi Knight & Half Life at the time.

I posted it once here a few years ago, but nobody cared, lol.

Attached: halflifepcplayertranslated.png (833x1179, 786K)

Neat

It actually shoots two shots very fast like G-11 or AN-94.

Attached: 1460018690286.gif (235x150, 1.71M)

Yeah that alien gun from another dimension isn't realistic to Earth standards at all, valve is trash.

>SPAS12 is a semi auto shotgun
>gordon still manually pumps it on a normal shot
weird flex but ok

... and here for proof this shit is legit.

Attached: halflife5.jpg (833x1179, 236K)

its a semi auto pump shotgun, you can do it either pump or semi, but still he pumps it after firing the 2 shot thing

That's what it is called you fucking nonce

Did you see any major grammatical mistakes? That's my main fear.

For transport. If you're going to use the thing you unfold the stock.

why the fuck did you lower the rez?

I didn't scan the page, I got it from a hobbyist archive for the magazine, they must have used a low res scanner.

fuck off dumb krautnigger

>the m4 firing sounds

Attached: a18.jpg (533x477, 23K)

The fuck do you want me to do then you anglo retard?

rent free slav rapebaby

>double barrel
gamebanana.com/sounds/38926

Actually is a burst fire, shooting two shells at a really fast rate as you can hear. Still retarded tho.

Attached: 250px-Shotgunw_1.png (250x85, 13K)

The world model still makes some sense, it’s just how funny how the viewmodel is so different.

How about the MP7 shooting grenades without an attached grenade launcher then?

Also, Doug Lombardi’s no longer at Valve? What? When did he leave?

Or keep it down for weight balancing
Do you even /k/

>not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

It was a team effort.

Attached: Counter-Strike_Box.jpg (288x346, 19K)

>Spas 12 with folded stock
Is there a more sure fire sign that a developer has no business making shooters?

cs is a game yes

but if he uses semi auto to fire 2 shells really fast why doesnt he just keep to the semii auto setting?

the stock was added in the HD pack by gearbox, the OG shotgun doesnt have a stock and looks totally different

Halo did.
>weapon limit because of console controllers
>moon-jumping
>glacial movement because of console controllers
>no melee weapons, just an insta-kill melee button because of console controllers
Halo looked great when it was a PC-based Tribes type game, but as soon as it was developed for consoles in mind it killed the first person shooter as we knew it.
Prove ME wrong, faggot.

Halo killed it from beyond the grave, for sure. I'm just saying Half Life fucked it first.

How?

Not that I really noticed

Unless you are using really fancy animations there is no reason to use complex viewmodels or reuse same world model.

Atmosphere in vidya is about smoke and mirrors. There's quite a few "tricks" in HL2 to make the (relatively small) Highway 17 feel "big", for instance I'm fairly sure the bridge is a lot bigger on the lower level than at the top.

I just read it. It was okay.
There's some things you could fix, though I'm sure if you were to use English more often you'd pick up on the nuances. It's very noticeable that you're a fellow ESL. Learn the difference between off and of. Your idioms sound weird. Your conjugation can be off at times, for example, "All he could do now was watching the stars", it should just be "All he could do now was watch the stars", it's not a past action. I saw "did not came" at the end too, fix that. Besides all that, use "these" if you're referring to several things, "this" if only referring to one. Same goes for those and that. By the way, just xeno isn't a good synonym for alien.

>Was *this* what death felt like?
>He was viewing himself falling *out of* the helicopter.
> Why would be here, if it weren’t him
(i don't know how to fix that or what you were trying to say)
>All he could do now was *watch* the stars.
>had *these red, glowing, menacing eyes*
>That feeling of fear, the rush of adrenaline that the mere sight of these beasts caused, was absent.
>The aliens then *halted* their chanting

i skimmed it and fixed a few things

opposing force is the best HL game and you literally cannot prove me wrong

Looks like you are the only one who actually played the game.
You can clearly hear two shots.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is way better.

OF with original textures, yes. But it doesn't replace the original HL.
Now as for mods, that's either Echoes or Residual Life if we're talking normal FPS campaign (too bad they both use the godawful HD textures), and Hazardous Course if any other kind of mod.

>didnt mention they hunger

>Half-Life 2: Episode Two is way better.
Episode Two is, narratively and thematically, as far from Half-Life as it's possible to get. HL2 and the episodes are a mess.

Bros...............

youtube.com/watch?v=MaAN_aDWvCs

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz1KbEf8BNs

youtube.com/watch?v=q6fN1TiqcXs

My fucking dick, I wasn't aware of this.

Half Life and Counter Strike damaged the fps genre beyond repair. I hate valve so much for killing off physical on PC. Fuck them so much

why the fuck is it going for this shitty super realisitc style? it looked better way back in 2007

dumb nigger

>super realistic style
>spas is pump action and has stock folded up like OP

>OH LOOK AT US ARENT WE GREAT RIPPING OFF BLACK MESSA!!!
>WE SUDDENLY DECIDED TO START WORKING ON THE PROJECT AGAIN DESPITE BEIND DEAD SINCE 2008!

>ITS NOT REALISITC BECAUSE IT HAS THE STOCK UP!!!!!
woah... its almost like... they are using the shotgun in extremely close quarters and dont need the stock unfolded....

What games even followed Half-Life model

Yea that's what it's called, cockbreath

good lord I feel awful for not spotting these
thank you

Half-Life did nothing wrong. Blame all the shitty copy cat developers after and the people who bought that shit after.

It was inevitable that story based shooters would come to play. And besides, you guys aren't supporting current arena shooters, so why even bitch?

>Halo looked great when it was a PC-based Tribes type game

Why would I want a Tribes ripe off? Why wouldn't I just play Tribes?

>Prove ME wrong, faggot.

Easy, Halo is an actual good game and every "negative" you posted was just fine. I don't want every game to GO FAST fps like quake. I got fucking Quake for that

Quake was still around, why didn't Quake take off more than Halo?

HL made storytelling have an important place in the single-player experience.
I think he was thinking about excess and faux-pas in storytelling, take the "press F to pay respects" meme, not that anybody knows where this is from nowadays, but for a time every single FPS had this unbearable QTE cutscenes in which you felt forced to feel and think something, rather than the subtle tone of HL games (though it can be argued that Alyx is not-so-subtle, but still well executed).

Attached: f2e.jpg_large.jpg (680x383, 39K)

Halo is mediocre at best. The negatives wouldn’t be that bad on their own, but they combine together to really cripple the experience.
Slow movement + giant open maps = really tedious walking
Limited weapon carry + limited supply pickups = not being able to use fun weapon combos and matchups and/or getting stuck in bad matchup situations
Large tedious samey levels + limited supply pickup areas = really tedious slog to get through where they have to outright add directional arrows to tell you where to go because it’d be too easy to get lost otherwise because there’s barely any landmarks and milestones

>ignores the bit about being pump action
woah

>there are friendlies in the research facility
>dont want to accidentally shoot them
>keep it on pump
WOAH!!

thats not how it works. you cant just switch it from pump to autoloading. its not a pump action.

I don't know, seems a bit far fetched to blame Half-Life for other devs lazy implementation of story into their gameplay.
Maybe you can blame stuff like Doom 3 and Quake 4 single player campaigns following the model, but not QTEs.
Half Life 2 did it worst with the forced down time sections while Half-Life actually had a lot of these "story" elements skipable
>ake the "press F to pay respects" meme, not that anybody knows where this is from nowadays
what happened just a few years

Don’t you have some cum brownies to eat, /k/?

Yes you can and that’s the main feature of it

Based

yes you can, literally 1 button press to switch from semi to pump, its the main feature of the gun

>shotgun
>magazine
Oh user...

this game is shit

fuck you

Attached: Saiga_12_shotgun.jpg (900x599, 117K)

Fucking lel

MMod fixed the stupidity of the AR2 thankfully

Zoomers please go.

One fucking time. One time and people never let you live it down.

Devs are usually nogunz faggots. I'm talking about attitudes of course rather than the country the game's from, some Japanese games like MGS4 manage to portray every single gun with uncanny accuracy.

A tube magazine is still a magazine, dumbass.

It's a clip, dumbasses.

The mag tube, yes

you should give up and find something you are good at

You wanna know how I know that you’re a faggot?

Because you want a SEPARATE FUCKING WEAPON TO MELEE

Why in the hell would a super soldier cyborg with ultra mega strength want a weapon, that mind you, he would need to switch to, in order to melee?

Next thing you’re gonna say is that dedicated grenade buttons are cancer too.

Fuck you.

You literally can fuckign not, my uncle owns 12 of them and you literallly cant do it