What went wrong, Yea Forums?

What went wrong, Yea Forums?

Attached: 220px-Paper_Mario_Color_Splash.jpg (220x312, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUpbaJePhLo
youtu.be/L7rzcRk6xS4?t=1224
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: FunctionalBattleSystem.gif (500x281, 963K)

Miyamoto

;___;
We will never get a RPG Paper Mario with a functioning battle system ever again

Sticker Star sold well

>Sticker Star sold well

Sticker Star was the end of the franchise. It was the last nail in the coffin.

>

Attached: lnvgq6k4s1z01.jpg (1212x846, 131K)

Post the five fun guys

It was a good game, with a bad battle system till about 80% when you stopped getting to backtrack and it became boring.

this

was already playable on emulation on day 0

Nothing. My 9 year old brother in law at the time adored it. What’s the problem here?

The battle system. Sticker Star actually did it better.

Attached: Nintendo-Gamergate-Paper-Mario.jpg (750x423, 120K)

Intelligent Systems went full retard with Sticker Star and wouldn't fucking let up with this one. Actual morons.

I understand these games are bad yes but please be reasonable.

It’s very easy to shit on these games. Your trying too hard.

I bought Sticker Star because I was expecting another good Paper Mario game.
Last time I’ll make that mistake

Paper Mario isn’t suppose to be made for new young gamers, it’s suppose to appeal to me, a bitter old janky mid 20 year old who grew up playing Paper Mario on 64. If Paper Mario isn’t the same as when it was when I was a kid, it’s shit!

Attached: C9669740-99C9-42ED-A2DA-C8B00AFE45A9.png (454x520, 13K)

Same dude. I fucking regret buying that piece of trash. I'm not doing the same mistake again by buying Color Splash.

I had enough fun with Color Splash when it came out. The battle system was still pants on head retarded, but I had a few good chuckles at the writing, and only 30% of the game felt like a chore, as opposed to Sticker Star's 70%.
The massive drought of Wii U games at that game's release might have influenced my perception as well.

I'm not joking. Sticker Star's album is better than Color Splash's deck.
>all cards easily visible
>can be sorted mid-fight
>don't need to hold a card to fill it up then select it to execute an attack
>don't need to confirm attacks

You know what was really shit? Super Paper Mario on Wii. Absolute garbage. Some of the levels and missions were so repetitive and dull. I never finished that game.

Sticker Star is the worst game with the best soundtrack. It's unbelievable how good it is and how it's wasted on a functionally and creatively destitute game.

decalburg's theme is unironically one of the best songs in the entire paper mario series
youtube.com/watch?v=tUpbaJePhLo

I hated Super Paper Mario and I believe Sticker Star is trash, but I hear this game is actually pretty good. I think I'm going to buy it.

why is dumbing games down a good thing? color trash was easy as fuck and objectively a bad game aside from the visuals. the first 2 Paper Marios were directed at children too but they are good games.

Retarded wojack posting zoomer.

I kind of agree. People remember that game fondly because of the story, but it was just a pretty played out, stereotypical tragic villain plot.
The game flat out did not work genre wise. You can't make what is essentially a platformer and strip out everything that makes Mario plaformers great (especially the momentum). You can't substitute an RPG battle system with damage numbers for jumping on enemies. The 3D gimmick led you down vast hallways of nothingness most of the time and came with a stupid time limit. And while this is subjective, the art style was fucking hideous. I'll take 5000 identical toads over the geometrical abominations of that game.

I liked Colour Splash for what it was. Quite a lot, actually.

Super Paper Mario is still better than Sticker Star and Color Splash, both story-wise and the battle system.

I unironically liked it more than Paper Mario 64.

Not to defend CS, but 64 and TTYD were also cakewalks even without abusing shit like Danger Mario.

The difference though is they had actual, functional battle systems that had thought put behind them. They were engaging, captivating, and, above all else, fun

It's a good game, but not one I care to beat. Unlike Sticker Star I won't judge someone for enjoying it.

youtu.be/L7rzcRk6xS4?t=1224

Color Splash did more things right, I think. Bowser and the Koopalings were really well done and so were most of the enemies and their dialogue.
It just fucking flops in the gameplay and originality department.

>Danger Mario

>5 HP
>99BP
>Power Bounce
>Shit ton of Power Rush
>Wario + Luigi skin to get that sweet Waluigi skin

Good times.

Attached: 1389053760198.jpg (300x392, 41K)

Would I like SS or CS if I liked Super Paper Mario?

Probably not.