Can you do it?

Can you do it?

Attached: dp.png (226x223, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/Johnny/Combos#How_To_Do_Mist_Stance_Dash_Treasure_Hunt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Easily on a d-pad or fight stick. Literally kms tier on an analog stick for whatever reason.

It never ceases to amaze me that this is a """barrier""""
I can see someone throwing in the towel on 3x pewgf, or Johnny 6C~treasure hunt, but not an uppercut.

There's people who can't? Just practice it for a bit.

analog is so bad for arcade games like SF

6c Treasure hunt is retarded.

literally just press forward, down, forward and punch. it's literally as easy as a hadoken you just press forward first. i can't believe people have trouble with this.

I can do it, but it almost always blackbeats. I'm just not fast enough to do it consistently, and I could do 6c~jackhound np in AC+

>Walk forward
>Do a quarter-circle
>Press button halfway through
Gee that was hard

Just do forward and quarter-circle forward, it works with like all fighting games for 15 years

In most modern fighters it's even easier than that. Just 323 or down-foward, down, down-foward.

Attached: 1538529915668.jpg (600x747, 165K)

I just mash left and right.
But I actually had to do clean inputs on older titles

Command inputs aren't hard, but getting frame perfect links is what I find impossible

I can't do the backwards version, although I can do the normal one if I'm on the other side. It doesn't make no sense

Attached: 1563552066156.gif (418x480, 1000K)

I mean, I've been using a hitbox for a while so I'm not one to talk about performing some motions. But are they really that hard to do? I never had trouble when I played with a stick.

In fighting games I always just do q-circles and press random buttons

the way I learned was thinking of it as pressing foward then doing half a hadouken

>when you do the 2 grab on a Mishima and they lose like 70% of the skill since they didn't train to play on the other side while my retard proof character still plays the same

It’s even easier than that, you can mash 33 and you’ll get dp.

Attached: 332E9C5F-083A-4155-A687-783340170520.jpg (1800x1466, 431K)

Tiger Knee inputs in some games are a bit tricky to get used to, but nothing impossible.

It’s not hard at all
What fucks me up is playing grapplers, fuck 360 inputs

I can do that, but I can't consistently do it the other way on a Dpad.

>Tiger Knee

sfv is retard proof just play that one. the game will give you a shoryuken whether you want it or not.

Attached: jive.webm (640x360, 2.21M)

Yeah, Tiger Knee. Depending on how the game buffers inputs you just have to adjust a bit.

Attached: Capture+_2019-09-19-12-36-41.png (249x94, 15K)

Yeah.

user, the motion in op's image is definitely not a tk input

What is it? I'm a tekken/sf only guy. I have rev2 sitting somewhere and I wanna try it. Even if I don't play a fighter much, I always like to try stuff in practice.

Attached: 1562791539334.gif (312x390, 1.87M)

Oh I know, I was simply talking about an input that can be tricky is all. Sorry about the confusion.

Some game have variable timing on TK inputs. You can go as minimum height or maximum height you want.

secret johnny super with an autismo input requirement
the normal version just knocks down and gives you 2 extra coins, the secret one relaunches so you can confirm lv2 or lv3 K mist finers midscreen plus the coins
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/Johnny/Combos#How_To_Do_Mist_Stance_Dash_Treasure_Hunt

Attached: 800px-GGXRD_Johnny_TreasureHunt1.png (800x498, 377K)

Jesus christ all that for a super. I'll have to look through it properly later.

this shit is fucking impossible with my current controller, i need a new controller any leads?

Attached: __morrigan_aensland_and_poison_final_fight_and_vampire_game_drawn_by_aki_lee__6289b475bf71ba12a43a6a (773x1000, 374K)

TK inputs are the only basic thing I still have trouble with
It's weird, sometimes it just feels inconsistent, like it will buffer the special if you hit the button during prejump but then sometimes not and you just get a rising button instead, or kill the jump and get a standing special
I'm sure it's just me fucking the timing up but man I can do shit like standing 360s and relatively difficult combos no problem but I just can't get more than ~70% consistency on tk fireballs

I couldn't do it when I was a little kid but even then I knew just to pick a character who's moves I could do.

I don't understand people who see something they can't do and just shut down instead of going to plan B.

I don't understand how this is easier than just pressing forwards and then inputting down and down-forwards. You're just adding an extra input. How is that easier?

In training sure, when I need it in a match its a 50/50.

for some reason i have a bit of trouble doing DPs to the left

Thats just a lack of practical experience user , I'm the same way ;_;

Yeah. Only inputs I can't get are full circles.

Pad? Hori FC4

Maybe you should all stop falling for stick memes and just use a keyboard

ye

Attached: sakura combo.png (1181x865, 1.25M)

Yeah, but since I started playing on stick, I struggle doing them to the left. Just need more practice.

>People don't play on both sides to get used to the controls on both.
Maybe I'm new and naive, but I switch sides every session.

>SHO-SHOU-SHOU-SHOU-SHOU-SHOU-SHOU

Attached: 1541379886746.jpg (616x652, 59K)

SHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHO

yeah. ironically enough i have trouble with charge characters. can't wrap my head around holding back will already doing normal attacks to chain them all together.

Its because of pathetic scrubs like you Yea Forums that modern fighting games are getting dumbed down.

lmao what the fuck

Attached: how.png (184x109, 17K)

In my sleep.

I drilled DPs into my head back in Marvel 3. I would go into Training with Dormammu & Iron Fist and alternate between doing Dorm's crossup teleport over and over (so I could practice forward and reverse DPs) and chaining Iron Fist's different chi activations up and down the strengths (just for the motion itself in a given direction) on either side. I can do it >90% of the time that I want one, and I'm honestly more comfortable with it on analog than pad. I use pad for movement and things like Tekken inputs but most of my special motions are easier on the analog.

I love CvS2 but custom combo is cancer. C & K Groove all day.

Attached: 1503702407519.jpg (419x479, 180K)

>pixelated 2d fighter sprites
>high res 2d background sprites
>3d stage decorations
what am I looking at

The best game ever made.

What's the best entry to SNK fighters? I've played every other big fighting game.

Kof14. U don’t need to learn all the past input cheats to play efficiently

>this shit is fucking impossible with my current controller
No, you're just a scrub.

Currently: Samsho
Overall: KoF 98, 2002UM, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Samsho V, and Last Blade 2, please give it a try, it's so overlooked

Attached: 1565112265363.jpg (534x424, 59K)

Attached: syndrome-of-a-down.thumbnail.jpg (600x531, 38K)

Man that chick with the hat is pretty cute. So long as she didn't soil herself all day, she could get it.

Attached: 10 out of potato.jpg (880x607, 48K)

Attached: pretzel.png (507x509, 325K)

Regular dp is easy, but doing something like Ky microdash VT loops or IAD DP confirms with Sol could be real test for your execution and patience

Not good enough, suck at DPad, suck at analog stick, plus I'm slow at inputs

This one's pretty easy. If you use WASD, it's just adsad

at the risk of outing myself as a retard, what game did tiger knee have this motion? i thought it was just DP

DISORDER
DISORDER

Religiously.
On a stick, dpad, analog stick, keyboard and switch dpad.
How is this motion hard?

Attached: no one on this god damn board plays fighting games.jpg (800x323, 107K)

No. Back in the day I could not do Guile special in sf ex which requied shit like this

Attached: 1567876497294.gif (517x289, 1.9M)

pretzel is really overblown, it's not very hard if you break it down

kof98 on fightcade

I learned them playing dormammu in marvel 3 too, you need it to combo into his hyper at full or mid screen

Uppercut's knockdown animation is my favorite of all time.

the only thing more retarded than SFV's lazy ass input interpretation is the fact the game is fundamentally designed to rely on quick and accurate inputs. it's like trying to play the piano while wearing oven mitts.

If they wanted to make sfv input more strict, they gotta make dp risk/reward more favorable or slow down everything by 5~ or more frame to reduce rushdown nature of the game

you just have a weaker side, just practice doing dps on that side and you're good.

I don't have issues with regular inputs, my issue is charge timing.

Attached: crane game.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

>I love CvS2 but custom combo is cancer.

t. executionlet retard

no problem

Attached: CvsSNK 2 - 01.png (1271x717, 927K)

Of course. You literally can just press forward then do a Hado input.

I think the reason this is seen as a "barrier" is just because to people unfamiliar with how the symbols translate to inputs it looks like the symbol is telling you to press forward, then push the stick diagonally back across the neutral position towards the opposite bottom corner, then bring the stick back straight forward towards the ride side again. Or it's just incomprehensible.

If you actually know what the symbol is telling you to do, it's easy. Although I'm sure a lot of the meme also comes from peopel's shitty D-Pads in the SNES days and specials needing fast input back then.

The only challenging input in Street Fighter is doing a standing 720.

Charge partitioning is hell for me. I can never pull of Urien's TTH(Tackle, Tackle, Headbutt). I always miss the the second tackle.

Attached: サッド猫.png (1292x947, 1.89M)

>Of course. You literally can just press forward then do a Hado input.
suboptimal, slower, waste of a frame

what? That's the input though.

no, it's 623, not 6236

Attached: 1462648609076.png (563x517, 79K)

All of which is irrelevant to the top of doing the thing for casuals.

I'm from a third world country that loves kof above all else, so im used to 90's snk inputs and can do any input from modern fighting games with easy .

How do you do pretzels on a DPad

I rarely play on dpad anymore, but when i need to i use my shirt to make the finger slide over the buttons, its shitty but what can i do.

I wish it was easier in Tekken. Only with Akuma i do it 100% of the time. When i use Eliza is a continuous spam of Dark Wave

T7 has no buffer for DPs at all because it treats them like a wavedash/EWGF motion without the pause in the middle; if you end on Forward you will always get a QCF if you do it raw. For some reason it's way more lenient on cancels though, as I've never had Eliza's DP be a Dark Wave mid-combo.

gief mains

It's the original input for Sagat's Tiger Knee

im new to fighting games and only hopped on the genre with SFV, pulling off DPs (and really any other motion except for 720s) in training mode is piss easy but actually using them well in an online match is a whole different story

Attached: 1562641564220.gif (320x407, 116K)

I barely play KoF but I went back to the series for the first time in years and I found Geese's pretzel pretty easy to do actually

The motion originated with Sagat's Tiger Knee, hence the name of the motion and the tech named after it where you input up after a motion to get it instant-air. Later games (IV & V for sure, I forget Alpha) changed it to a DP+K motion. Meanwhile, Fei Long's Chickenwing also had the motion in SFII and never got updated, which makes it a bitch to do correctly in IV.

kof has shit netcode and will never be a big franchise as long as snk keeps using those code mystic niggers over iron galaxy for the ports.

I'm too clumsy to do diagonals correctly on pad

Attached: 1568721218290.jpg (460x322, 23K)