Fable

What went so right?

Attached: Fabletlcboxartxbox.gif (675x956, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNUa-vi1ul4
youtube.com/watch?v=D90X7_XJnKk
youtube.com/watch?v=lv224HsRIIg
youtube.com/watch?v=b7rWs92CK7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It literally has soul. Only weird thing was the save system but other than that, amazing game

It had vision. It fell short, but Peter & Co. really tried to bring their best and created a charming world.

XBOX PLATINUM HITS GOTY EDITOR'S CHOICE MORE QUESTS MORE CHOICES MORE PUSSY&ASS JUST FUCKING BUY IT ALREADY

The music is top notch, even younger people I've shown it to that weren't around during its life time love it

PC version a best anyway

I remember buying this because someone told me the scope of it was so big that you started as an acorn and ended up in space

One of my favorites. I even liked the sequels just because it had the same charm.

If you want to fill the void play Overlord

Fable 2 on PC when?

This

You could kill innocents, could be a villain, and it had fart jokes. It was everything children needed in an rpg

youtube.com/watch?v=YNUa-vi1ul4
youtube.com/watch?v=D90X7_XJnKk
youtube.com/watch?v=lv224HsRIIg

Attached: comfy.png (645x645, 427K)

I really liked the idea of the skills you trained or actions you took affecting your character appearance, but dex making you into a giant was dumb as fuck

titles were cool

with the rate that xenia is progressing, maybe not too long

Everything except for Jack of Blades’ new voice

Oakvale is so comfy

I liked 2 more
3 was also fun despite all of its issues

>advertises every choice has consequences
>level up lets you allocate skill points
eh, it was alright, but fell short of its goals

3 still had some of that charm, it just felt really rushed and tried too hard to reinvent the wheel with its godawful "no UI or menu" shit

Oh my god this so much.

OG Jack had a perfect nasally oily villain voice
NuJack sounds too obviously evil

Alsk didn't he voice Arceus?

I played this for the first time last year, it was bad. The only people who praise it were 10 when it came out.

I really disliked the whole "your brother was a bad guy for a reason" trope because the second you get control of the treasury you discover that he absolutely fucking sucked at being evil and saved absolutely no money when all you had to do was snap your fingers and money popped into the bank
Also changing the bad guy from your brother into "an ancient evil awakens" was the blandest and most retarded thing ever

I liked 2 a lot more
Setting was more interesting and you had more variety between alignments

Attached: f2_artwork1_1024.jpg (1024x1105, 401K)

>make fictional country called Albion based on the original name of the UK
>fill it with gypsies
What did they mean by this?

SEE THAT ACORN
YOU CAN GROW IT
But honestly I enjoyed the game a lot despite the many features it promised but never gave us.

I spent hours in the game topless just so I could get tan.

>fill it
They had one little camp by the lake, user
Don't exaggerate

Attached: Fable-2-screenshot-That-Damn-Bard-Again-fable-2342945-740-416.jpg (740x416, 245K)

>During the 50 years between Fable II and Fable III, Bower Lake has been transformed into Millfields, and the bridge to the Gypsy Camp has collapsed; possibly because of Reaver. After fixing the bridge to enter the former Gypsy Camp, there is nothing except the remnants of what once was the camp, and a letter describing Reaver's involvement in forcing the Gypsies out of their camp. After travelling throughout the remains of the Gypsy camp, it is discovered that the Gypsies, along with other outcasts of society, have moved into the neighbouring area. With the Hero's help, they found the village of Driftwood. They are now called Eco - Warriors.

>mfw Millfields
If it didn't have the old hero hill I'd never have recognised it as Bower Lake
Doesn't help that there's loads of fancy houses but a shitload of bandits nearby too, total disconnect

Attached: 1528823649687.jpg (673x646, 36K)

DON'T GO BREAKING ANY LAWS

Attached: 1542199190202.jpg (500x500, 247K)

>shit ton of bandits
I think those only happen if you're evil and make the decisions to ruin the landscape
Shit ton of Balverines pop up when you drain the lake

Nah I remember just going around it normally and they were there, including those big ones who inexplicably throw fireballs
And apparently they're called mercenaries

Attached: Captain_Saker.jpg (817x459, 275K)

I love this game. My only gripes are the fucked up aging and how easy the game is to break.
>physical shield protects you from all knockback, damage and combat multiplier penalties as long as you have willpower
>mercantile lets you make infinite money just by buying someone's large stock and then selling back to them now that they are out of it
>crossbow and bow damage scale infinitely for as long as you keep charging
>lmao here is your legendary weapon for eating 11 chicks

Attached: scuffed concept art.jpg (3746x600, 554K)

>All gears titles fully playable
We're coming home

How is it Fable 3 looked so fucking bad?

it has really blurry graphics, was even quite noticeable at the time

Nothing. Molyneux haven't delivered 90% of his promises.

Balverines were cool as shit. I loved the sequels vaguely simian design. Very eetlrie

You're health is low. Do you have any potions, or food?

seriously, I just looked it up and it STILL hasn't had a PC release? How is that even possible?

>this smug fuck gets away with everything

Attached: Reaver.jpg (600x1006, 66K)

Even Stephen Fry said he wanted to see Reaver dragged screaming to hell

>his actual name is Weaver and he's responsible for heroes being able to choose whether they want to do good or bad

Attached: gmaster.png (319x333, 175K)

360 lead platform, brown color aesthetic

Attached: fable3sweetfx.jpg (960x1080, 767K)

>mfw good/corrupt in 2
>mfw charging double rent but saving the world

Attached: 1545263923375.jpg (220x284, 31K)

>waiting for Theresa
>do blacksmithing
>get enough gold to buy up some property
>raise up the rent prices
>disconnect from internet
>set date forward
>log back in
>roll in dosh

Attached: nph horrible.png (553x632, 564K)

It's amazing how you could pull off this bullshit to get the best possible ending in 3

Attached: 1556049418261.png (153x122, 45K)

You could always do the opposite and get good boy points, and plenty of chances in the game to reverse that.

Guildmaster, a powerful man.

You just described how I played 3
>charge double rent on every property in the kingdom
>do the good decisions
>dump my own money into the treasury and not a single person dies on Judgement Day
>get to kill innocent civilians in the post game because saving their lives means I own them now

YOUR HEALTH IS LOW. DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS, OR FOOD?

One of the best looking games of the era, decent lore, good music, pretty sophisticated AI and npc behavior for the time as well

Anyone think playground games can pull off its resurrection?

I played a Fable games upon release, and while I loved them my single biggest gripe was they were too easy and there was no real consequence to dying

>Chikin Chaser? do you chase chikins?

get your combat multiplayer up

All of my HATE

Attached: Young_Whisper.jpg (220x125, 12K)

>GET OUT OF BED LAZY BONS

I always kill her and her faggot brother too

>edgefags

Attached: snap.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

>Not killing Thunder so you can bang Lady Grey

but they're shit characters, it's as If the devs wanted you to kill them

It's not about them, it's about you.
Thunder is one thing honestly, but killing Whisper is ridiculous. It only exists as an option to be edgy.

She does try and steal your rightful glory, you know.

No she just wants another duel. Plus considering how far above her you are killing her is pointless. She never did anything worthy of death against you.

You get more gold too retard, why would you not kill her?

>buy fable on PC when I was younger
>didnt understand system requirements
>pixelshader 2.0 not found
>;_;

>being a peasant
>killing for scraps
Worse than regular edgefags.

Attached: 9de.jpg (393x462, 47K)

Stay mad Whisper apologist, I'll rake in the free cash while being rid of an annoying NPC

>"Don't do it, Farmboy. We agreed. Just walk away..."

Attached: 133b2f04f8c38e076a81a9a85af58cc3b953bd7ddd8808ae088491d233238f00.gif (640x360, 1.69M)

>none of the Steam workshops mods work

Attached: 1567939559615.gif (240x176, 912K)

>playing the remaster

What even are the consequences for killing her? She never shows up again anyway, just eat some tofu.

>not playing the remaster

The original is better aside from a lack of controller support which you can mod in using Steams gamepad configurations.

How is it better?

>killing Whisper is ridiculous. It only exists as an option to be edgy.
wrong, but not being able to romance her is ridiculous

It would've held lot more weight if you couldn't just dump your money in the treasury, and had to actually make a tough choice.

her big brother mentions it groveling but he's mad that his gf likes you anyway
killing her is the best option for everyone

why do people hate the anniversary edition? is it le soul vs soulless meme or are there major differences? Fable 2 is in my top 5 games so i'm excited. bought it on steam a while ago.

Attached: 1560166685231.png (504x499, 469K)

The visuals are superior.

I liked Anniversary, just fine, only gripe are Jack's voice and they didn't tweak the facial animation so the Hero isn't a fisheyed goon

>1 and 3 had PC releases but the second didn't

that makes no sense

>they didn't tweak the facial animation so the Hero isn't a fisheyed goon
But the character is meant to be British, what's the problem?

It's a shit tier remaster that fucks up lighting and character models

Attached: Fable Anniversary 2016-07-25 11-31-09-80.jpg (3730x1020, 601K)

TFW you can look older than your mother when you finally find her.

Attached: 1427607599691.gif (500x374, 1.89M)

>that french fuck who dropped the ball so hard he killed the franchise

Attached: finna feel.gif (375x283, 1.4M)

Which is a shame because I have a fondness for 2, maybe a little more than 1 or 3. Though I appreciate the more RPG nature of 1 compared to all of them.

>your mother

Attached: Fable Anniversary 2014-09-17 02-09-19-85.jpg (1908x1132, 716K)

Fable is probably really the only game where the main menu music makes me pop the most throbbing of nostalgia boners

youtube.com/watch?v=b7rWs92CK7k

It's a shame no other developers really took the concept of character "morphing" and ran with it.

Attached: fable remaster.jpg (3570x1028, 1.03M)

Yeah, your mother. You find the sister first, and then the mother, much later into the game, where you're more likely to look like an old man yourself by then.

This nigga gets it. Shit like getting scars if you get hit too many times, or smaller things like having insects follow you around if you're evil was an awesome concept, and it really is a shame it's never really been explored in any other franchises, and indeed was more or less fizzled out by the time we got to Fable 3.

I just realized that the only thing keeping me tilted towards being evil in Fable is that I don't wanna give up being a pimp with my own brothel

Attached: its a hat.. a hat for pimps.jpg (578x728, 59K)

My negro. But yea, when I played Fable 3 many years ago and realized character morphing was completely gutted, I just thought to myself "What's even the point of Fable then?"

Based hat

Holy Shit, i think i played the whole way through without noticing