Is it sad that this is the best game on the Switch right now? I can't put the damn game down it's so good...

Is it sad that this is the best game on the Switch right now? I can't put the damn game down it's so good. I have a 400GB SD card mostly filled up and this one game has gotten the most attention. It's so much of a visual improvement from the original, and it looks absolutely incredible. Nintendo actually put effort in the textures and every little detail, unlike Pokemon or BoTW.

This just shows modern game designers are completely retarded. That, 30 year old game mechanics beat anything they can come up with is just pathetic and shows what the current state of gaming is in and it's not just nostalgia but legitimate incompetency. It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo actually did try a proper remaster of Link's Awakening only to realize half way through the original was far superior.

Attached: ac51a05a3fa7581c06a8c71691bdd0c2.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergent_gameplay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

toddlers are retarded

Attached: 634346346.jpg (558x846, 116K)

BotW is still better
TP is still best zelda

I would say that Link's Awakening is equal to BotW. But almost every other switch exclusive is better than both games.

>This just shows modern game designers are completely retarded. That, 30 year old game mechanics beat anything they can come up with is just pathetic and shows what the current state of gaming is in
Dude I just played Ys 8 and it's the best the series ever been. The world is not just Nintendo. Plenty of series and devs are improving with time.

seething snoygroid

The problem with modern Zelda games, and all modern games in general is the bullshit nonstop hand holding and pointless dialog attached to it. It simply got really bad around TP, and it's even worse in BotW. The tower tutorial where you are FORCED to use the telescope to mark areas just made me shut off that stupid fucking bullshit. Keep in mind I've played just about every Zelda game, but this one really broke me.

LA got you right in the action almost immediately. No stupid fucking tutorials with every little item you get writing the whole thing out. No "Hey Link, Press ZR to hold up shield! Okay now you try it! Good! Now try it on this monster! Great job! Now let's try using it quickly this time! Good Job"

FUCK YOU NINTNEDO, FUCK YOU MODERN GAME DESIGNERS AND STOP THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT IT'S GONE TOO FAR THIS NEEDS TO FUCKING END WE AREN'T RETARDS, YOU PEOPLE ARE THE DUMB FUCKS WHO CAN'T WRITE FOR SHIT

pic related is what retarded modern game design is. It's a fetch quest. now, you're saying, well, doesn't LA have that too? Sure, but you're not trapped in the quest, you can put it off later, and even if you do it, it requires some level of problem solving to figure out where to go, it isn't given to you like crumbs on the ground. Like figuring out you need to give that crocodile dog food, or finding that ghost's old house and grave. THAT was a proper fetch quest that didn't feel like a chore. It was an adventure and it was played out quickly.

Attached: fetchquest.in.same.area.again.inorder.jpg (1237x690, 88K)

>it's even worse in BotW

Stopped reading there.

it's sad they shipped this game out to a 3rd party dev and they caused a memory leak. Game's performance is all over the place and they locked movement to the analog stick, while only allowing link to move in one directional at a time. At the same time enemies no longer have that restriction either. Grezzo is garbage.

cont. in Skyward Sword, you're required to explore the same goddamn area. You have NO choice, you literally can't leave unless you fucking complete this. Just absolutely the worst possible level design anyone could come up with. The SOUL vs. SOULLESS memes are real. Newer games completely lack soul

The first 20 minutes of the game is POINTLESS dialog and zero character development other than an uninteresting old man. At least in TP you had some interesting characters to get to know while you did the bullshit tutorials in a completely new medium (motion controls) that never existed before.

even Digital foundry takes the time to point out the movement, and performance is janky as fuck in both docked and handheld. No way you'd be able to beat some bosses on hard mode with fucking 15 frames. Some of the bosses in the original trapped you in the corner with how big they were. Unless they changed boss fights to be Straw men like they did with every other rerelease of zelda so far.

Yeah I'll play LA switch when the performance is fixed and i can use the dpad for movement. Until then it's unplayable.

Is this Chibi, mobile looking game really that good?

Dragon's Dogma (a port) is the best game that console has

>20 minutes
it's not even 5 minutes of dialog, and you can skip most of it too.

Even 1 2 Switch is better than that meme game.

Dude BotW had -one- tutorial. The rest of the learning is ambiental. It's why the game's good and way better than any Zelda in this century bar Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

Is it really that good or will its performance hurt it in the long run?

Attached: 1568639270183.png (2723x1472, 3.64M)

Yeah well I have ADHD and literally any down time feels like watching castaway in slow-motion

>ambiental

Attached: 10273731.jpg (225x225, 8K)

It's just LA diorama photography edition with additions like multiple buttons and automatic things. LA's great, so this is "no worse". Just almost completely uninspired. The artstyle could've used a new pseudoSNES Zelda, not a remake.

Suggested, then, you picky knob?

60 bucks is just too steep for me.

>ambiental

Attached: 1568737257313.jpg (495x600, 63K)

blrb

same, and I am a lontgtime fan of the game

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergent_gameplay

Is this game worth £42 (half the price of a Game Voucher)? I loved the original game and any remake of Link's Awakening where that annoying "This rock is too heavy to lift" message is removed would make the game near-perfect, but I'm still hesitant to pay that much for a 25 year old Gameboy game.

I have a very strong feeling you've played 2 maybe 3 Zelda games tops

Get a job

>Artstyle could have used a new pseudoSNES Zelda, not a remake

It worked with Link Between Worlds so idk what the fuck they were thinking remaking the game

Well, to be fair, this is a studio that is dedicated to making Zelda remakes and ports, so this is practically the best result a Zelda remake can get. Far, FAR superior to the 3DS N64 remakes in visual style and adaptation of ideas.