youtube.com/watch?v=fdGFk3Za0BA
github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK/issues/108#issuecomment-524159358
youtube.com/watch?v=GMNfhlXs5Do
youtu.be/FCY9whCTyas
beta.nopaystation.com/
amicitia.github.io/index
yuzu-emu.org/game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nothing right now cuz I've played pretty much everything I wanted , I'll wait till Yuzu gets better cuz performance right now is garbage

How does Nier emulate? Can you play in 60 fps on a mid-tier rig?

Digital Devil saga

I finished the Ace Combat PS2 trilogy on PCSX2. Worked wonderfully after following a guide. Great games too. Have aged really well.

Emulation for the 7th gen is still too primitive to be acceptable and 6th gen emulation is still spotty as fuck,currently playan some Saturn games.

Attached: f.webm (1024x640, 2.88M)

Audio's a bit weird at times but runs fine on i5 2500k @stock clock, which is surprising, anything stronger than that won't have an issue. Haven't tried 60fps stuff.

When will something like Mednafen exist for 6th gen. onwards too?

someone please tell me how to play paper mario TYD thanks

Isn't emulation stealing? You wouldn't emulate a pizza, would you?

All the game downloads for ps3 are way too large.
People need to learn to compress shit before uploading it.

>playing fighting games against AI

I've been emulating Persona 1 on PSP with the ost patch, I haven't gotten too far but i'm enjoying it a lot more than the short time i spent with persona 5

>download dolphin
>download mario
>setup controller on dolphin
>play

Finally playing P3 FES
Fuck fatigue, what a stupid fucking mechanic and I hope whoever came up with it never works in the game industry ever again

Attached: 1567391843605.png (256x270, 69K)

none of the games i want to play on rpsc3 are stable

the one that comes closest is 3d dot game heroes which literally runs fucking perfectly.. other than the fact it crashes randomly like every 5 minutes

Emulated BotW on Cemu on a bit on a phenom II 960T, was surprised to see it runs at over 30fps at stock settings inside shrines now with the 1.15.14 version

>Thoughts on emulation?
God sent way to experience and archive old classics that could otherwise get lost in the times.
>What are YOU emulating right now?
Nada, though I did emulate bit of BotW couple months ago.

>Isn't emulation stealing?
No.

I know cheats arent easy on ps2 emulation but it's worth the hassle just for that

everytime I launch BotW I get the art right before it launches then it minimizes, disappears from my taskbar but still runs in the background while nothing happens

that looks like breath of the wild

Do I really need to get a Nvida gpu, because Nvida are being a bunch of jews with the pricing.

After emulating BotW and Persona 5 I breathed a sigh of relief that neither of them had actually tempted me into getting a console

Attached: 1566445636567.jpg (960x708, 109K)

currently playing through a rom hack of one of the best pokemon games

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 02.52.43.png (684x220, 213K)

Smaller nodes cost more money you low IQ nigger

>How does Nier emulate? Can you play in 60 fps on a mid-tier rig?
i5 is enough to play well most of it. It will chug in some situations (Junk Heap boss) without a stronger PC and Halua's fight tends to bug out. It's not perfect and I'd encourage you to try and track down a copy if you really want to play Nier specifically but it's serviceable if you have no other options.

>vulkan
>"i need nvidia"
nobody tell him

I'm having a tough time getting my switch Pro gyro to work properly. It's drifting in better joyforcemu but it's perfectly fucking fine on steam and on the switch.

>What are YOU emulating right now?
weebshit

Attached: DivaF2nd.jpg (1901x1009, 380K)

Emulation isnt stealing, piracy is what you're thinking of, but that still isnt stealing. Piracy, while it could be unfair to the developers, replaces "free" -they often came with a magazine- demos that are no longer industry standard. It is also important for archival reasons, keep things for posterity etcetc, like a library/museum. Not to mention the exorbitant prices wholesalers charge for certain /vr/ games.

Attached: 1563582235871.jpg (640x632, 252K)

Theft.

Welcome home, white man.

Attached: prime2.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

That's the best Project Diva game released so far in terms of gameplay and music, enjoy it thoroughly my dude.

8600k and i play it 1440p60 without issues

>all these outdated boomer games

Enjoy your old pieces of crap while I enjoy the newest games like Gears 5 and BL3

I wish the dolphin emulator was better on mobile. The android version is meh, and the support forums are full of self righteous assholes that think because they help with the code that they can talk down to everyone. I only expect that sort of treatment here.

And ios...well...lol...yeah..

PC-wise, eh. Too many icons with new shit that take my attention away from the old. But yeah, if like something like the $1k Samsung note 10 could run Dolphin on the go, that'd be great. I wonder how many more gens of mobile we have to go through to get a properly supported emulator that emulates a console from 2001. PS2 as well

Dynasty warriors Gundam 2
Zeonic front
Journey to jaburo
all to rekindle nostalgia and find a decent gundam game since they dont make any on PC.
Also Journey to jaburo is absolute shit, I dont know how I tolerated it when I was young and unlocked everything in it. It would make me insane now trying to do all I did back then.

emulation's pretty based, too bad ꜱoytendo is trying to shut it down.

posting best FFX NTSC settings (best for the international undub, anyway) for a 1080p display

Attached: FFX NTSC settings 01.png (371x654, 43K)

Attached: FFX NTSC settings 02.png (371x654, 43K)

Attached: FFX NTSC settings 03.png (378x399, 15K)

Attached: FFX NTSC settings 04.png (857x526, 33K)

Finishing the DLC's to Drakengarde 3 right now and about to start Nier. Whare did you downloaded it from if i can ask?

Attached: d73gn2o-fc92785e-4a3e-4315-97d1-f476bc026d80.png (600x927, 620K)

I played through 3, 4, and 5 over the last year and thought each game was a big improvement over the last. They removed a bunch of annoying shit in each iteration. 5 is my favorite only because the dungeons aren't as repetitive, but the story in 3 and 4 was better.

Oh, yeah I know. I've been playing Diva games for a while now. They're kind of my background noise game that I'm constantly playing between other games or a few songs to round off a night.

I didn't even like Miku shit or rhythm games when I started. Just got the translated PSP games from a random recommendation on 8ch Yea Forums and ended up getting almost the whole fucking franchise, plus pirated versions for emulation and CFW.

Even got me to branch out to other shit, like DJ Max, Taiko no Tatsujin, Elite Beat Agents, Muse Dash, and whatnot. Kind of wish Activision and EA hadn't completely fucked over rhythm games in the west. Guitar Hero used to be a fun fuck-around title in the PS2 days before DLC and before licensing Jews killed everyone's fun.

Attached: 4,000 Song Shekels.jpg (862x345, 65K)

I'm a big fan, especially on homebrew'd consoles. I got a grip for my Vita with the R2 and L2 triggers and it's made emulating some PS1 games a real treat. I've been swapping between DQ3 on SNES and Tales of Phantasia on PSX.

Comparing a material thing with a digital one doesnt help you user...

Go go hypergrind

comfy good JRPG

Attached: TOSsentouchuu.png (1399x1059, 1.61M)

Shin megami tensei IV since weeks. The "world" map navigation is... atrocious. Before this game I thought that smt games were kinda a safe bet. Not to mention the story.

Emulation is pretty cool for vidya preservation. The only way to play some arcade games is through emulation since they never got ports and the original arcade hardware is no longer functional or absurdly expensive for a half working unit.

lemme just emulate this ham

>Emulation isnt stealing, piracy is what you're thinking of

stop fucking pretending that 99% of cases where people emulate a game they actually have a console bios of their own and the roms/isos of their own games
why the fuck would anyone do cara about actually having anything when you can just type in the game you want to play into google and download it freely from the first/second link?

I'm not saying this as someone who doesn't do this or who doesn't love emulation, but we HAVE to see emulation for what it is: piracy. People should feel pressure to support the studio or people who were responsible for making the games, even if they can't buy a new copy of that specific old game then buy something else from them if their game gave you enough enjoyment that worth a game's price.

>$2000 rig just to play botw in 30fps

>vulkanshit
>working better on amd or not stuttering like a nigger

who gives a shit if some rotten apples use piracy on emulators. it's like getting butthurt because some people use bitcoin to buy illegal shit online.

1K rig to play it at 4K60 fps while also playing games shitch doesn't have ;)

Mostly messing with c64 and the ti994a... some decent games to mess with on both. fuck that wumpus in hunt the wumpus... bastard

1k* to play 4K60 BOTW, PC games, arcade games ,2,3,4,5,6 console gen games

k neato ... you go do that while some of us check out older games and dont restrict our fun cuz age or other nu-gamer logic

downloadgameps3.com/

who cares... we know its piracy but im not dropping 3000$ on a bunch of old 1980s games that may or may not work due to age and the rig being old. fuck off with your whatever the fuck whine about morality your on ...people are gonna do whatever they want and someone going off isnt gonna change that... now brb downloading some amiga games to check out

>who gives a shit if some rotten apples use piracy on emulators
you mean 99% of people who emulate pirate their games and console bios and never actually own them?

you can see in these emulation piracy sites that there are often tens of millions of downloads for a single game. In many cases far more than what the game actually even sold

Been playing Megaman Battle Network DS on my phone. It works surprisingly well using it like a gameboy.

The dungeons in 5 are actually amazing, it's too bad they slowly go downhill in quality

Seriously, Yaldy's "dungeon" was a mess

I still maintain Okumura's was the fucking worst dungeon in the game and with Yaldy's and Mementos tied second
God what were they thinking with Okumura's everything

Attached: 1568127439249.png (1280x1152, 1.08M)

>2019
>being this wrong

I actually was emulating NieR as well. Ran fine on my rig for most of the game, but it irremediably crashed just before the final boss.

Don't know if it's only on my end, but be wary anyway.

>appealing to authority
violating unenforceable immoral EULA bad

again who gives a shit. most of these games you can emulate can no longer be purchased from stores. you have to buy a used copy. the developer sees no money from that.

I'm playing best zelda

Attached: best zelda.jpg (1279x979, 384K)

How's Demon's Souls on RPCS3 these days?

Emulation is good for games that are not easily playable today (old system etc)
In other cases I prefer to buy HD versions as long as they're good
Playing FFT WOTL using PPSPP right now (never owned a vita and don't plan to so...)
Game is a masterpiece and a blast so I'm definitely glad emulation exists.

Anyone care to comment what state Armoured Core V / Verdict Day emulation is in?

It was fuckin awful to play on its native platforms

I'm playing advance wars and a pokemon hack i found. Haven't gotten far in the pokemon one but it looks really promising.

I played it recently at full FPS on a laptop mate. Go for it.

>unlimited free pizza with topping and size hacks you can mod in
You wouldn't want to live in this world?

Is GameCube emulate-able to a playable degree yet?

>user says that "emulation is totally not piracy" (like how most emulators feel by default)
>but it pretty much completely is
>"o-okay, it's piracy but who cares"
that's all I wanted to say, just be aware that it's piracy. Just don't fool yourself that you aren't pirating just because you use the word emulation instead. And maybe feel some pressure.

not saying to buy second hand copies games from dead developers, but just be aware that if you emulated a game that is less then 20-15 years old then there is a good chance that the devs still work in the business

On Dolphin? Yeah, about everything I've tried to emulate works perfectly on my phone

dude people go yup its piracy nobody cares and you go DAMN RIGHT YOU BETTER NOT FORGET... . wtf is your mental problem. stop giving a shit about being "right" or "making your point". nobody gives a shit your right autist we're still gonna keep downloading games and playing them. jeez you autists and your annoying MUST "WIN" mindset

>Just don't fool yourself that you aren't pirating just because you use the word emulation instead. And maybe feel some pressure.
ok but i emulate games i already own
saying "b-b-but it's PIRACY user it's BAD" and then pretending like you're not trying to be a moral busybody who doesn't even understand the implications of anything he implies is just incredibly gay to me

Yes provided that your hardware isn't garbage.

as far as I know, it has been for ages now
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE

Attached: 2019.06.26-15.32.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

Cheers. I might give Twilight Princess a go. I remember not liking it but I’m up for giving it another chance.

I literally replied to a typical retard trying to argue how emulation has nothing to do with piracy. You were the ones who started complaining about my reply user.

this wasn't neither an anti-emulation nor an anti-piracy post, I just noticed that many people who normally buy games tend to forget about supporting games if they emulated them instead, even when the devs still exist, even when they still make the same series.

If you can try to go for the HD version on CEMU. It fixes bugs, adds quality of life adjustments to tedious parts, and doesn't make the text a blurry mess.

>doesn't make the text a blurry mess.
Not a tech guy by any means. Why is this a problem in emulation? I remember some time ago I had to download an special font for some game in ppsspp and with blazblue2 having some weird looking fonts in game.

Text and other 2D elements are stored as textures. Textures don't become better quality if you upscale the resolution, if anything they become worse because it highlights how low resolution they are. That's why HD packs exist. To replace the old low resolution textures with newer high resolution textures.

I see, thanks.

Attached: Onee.jpg (419x970, 198K)

Alright cool, I’ll try emulate the HD version of I can.

Been using xash3d fwgs on my lg v30 to fuck around with goldsrc games like half life and other mods. took some time to get used to the touch controls and setting up how I like it, but its still inferior to using a kb+m.

I'm emulating FE Fates.

>just to play
>just

4k60fps no stutter. Literally perfect.

See

Are we at a point where the game plays better on PC than on PS3 yet?

Attached: 212d9e48c082af239a36bad64321d7365edf347b8b50cd8c098a45062add8b2a.png (640x640, 663K)

Landstalker is fucking awesome, hope you're enjoying it. I'm currently playing its spiritual successor Dark Savior on Mednafen's Saturn core

>4k60
youtube.com/watch?v=fdGFk3Za0BA

>Are we at a point where the game plays better on PC than on PS3 yet?
Yeah, i'm thinking we are

Nier crashes at the very final ending.
Don't waste your time.

I hope my roaster wan run this.

Need >4 cores on your CPU.

AMD is doing the same shit with vulkan as they did with openGL
github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK/issues/108#issuecomment-524159358

you do know a switch and the game together are under $400, you dont even get a decent graphics card for that money

Alright but then you're playing in 720p and 20fps.

The Jak series emulates perfectly now.

Attached: gsdx_20190908234218.png (2560x1440, 2.91M)

FF9,Ace Combat Assault legacy, and Ace combat 4-Zero

Go back to school kid

I only paid $200 for my 1070 and that runs everything well

I was emulating TTYD a while back but stopped about 3/4 of the way through cause it wasn't as good as I remember it being. Still a good game and emulates almost perfectly but there needs to be a new one. Maybe that Bug Story game that user is doing will be alright.

On PC you can also play other games.

i3 8300 won't cut it I assume

Ideally you want more than 4 cores for PS3 emulation. You can run it on quad cores, but you may get frametime spikes from your CPU hitting 100%.

Playing some Rock Band

Attached: RPCS3.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

Maybe I should upgrade... I got new mobo and this i3 from a friend for free few months back so I can't complain but still. Is it more sensible to jump onto amd train now, which implies new mobo, or should I look for some better coffeelakes?

I've recently discover mednafen and I love it so much. I missed many games from the ps1 days, currently playing wip3out special edition. Hasn't aged a single day.

Attached: wip.png (960x720, 188K)

You got the peripheral working or going the keyboard hero route?

keyboard, you have to update the game to recognize your keyboard or any other peripheral

Now's a good time to upgrade. Go for Ryzen 3rd gen if you can, it's a great chip for gaming or video editing. Intel motherboards and CPUs are more expensive but are only marginally better (if not worse due to security patches lowering performance)

Attached: mad liquid.png (1753x985, 750K)

You can use the codes directly or grab a Codebreaker .iso, run it, select the codes, change to the game .iso and you are good to go.

What is so difficult about that?

Okumura's dungeon is the only part of the game I outright dislike, not only because of its shitty design. But because of Haru and her plot feeling rushed. And the fact that it was an obvious setup and no one in the phantom thieves was capable of realizing it
I hope it's improved in P5R

Consider a coffee lake i7 if your motherboard supports it and if its cheaper.

my game softlocked after like three of the bosses with pre-rendered cutscenes, but they all worked the second time fighting. Had to fucking waste an hour each re-fighting them again but I guess it was salvageable.

Attached: nieh.jpg (792x984, 90K)

What are the best emulators to put on a smartphone, assuming you won't use any peripherals?

Attached: screenshot_6.jpg (3200x1800, 995K)

emulation is not piracy

I'm currently emulating Demon's Souls in 1080p 60fps. Feels good mayn.

Anything that doesn't require analog controls or precise D-pad maneuvers. Something like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc. PPSSPP if you want to play PSP games, Retroarch for GBA.

>1080p

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_27_02_44_44.jpg (3840x2160, 2.2M)

It is and it isn't. It's all dependent on the way you use it.

Just get clone hero, has all RB/GH songs and more, and works with with the controllers.

Would you say that Castlevania or Monster Hunter are too control intensive?

Exactly, in most cases the USE of an emulator involves piracy but the emulator and emulation itself is not piracy

How good of a CPU/GPU does one need for ps3 and wiiu 4k 60+ fps emulation?

Emulation doesn't allow to play all games that you want. As I've noticed, only 40% of games for old consoles can be emulated correctly on PC.

Drakengard 3's final boss looked disappointingly bad on the emulator. Normal maps for the models are a bit fucked and it's enough to ruin the presentation.
At least there is an open issue on the github.

>Spend shit tonnes of money for a cpu and graphics card that can handle 4K 60+ fps
>Spend even more money on a 4K 144hz monitor

I'm fine with my 1080p thanks. Maybe I'll upgrade in a few years to come when it becomes the standard.

No, it isn't. Emulation is emulation and piracy is piracy.
You may pirate a game then emulate it, but those are 2 separate acts. It's like saying wiping your ass is taking a shit. Most people only wipe their ass after taking a shit, but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.

The big factor is whether you own the original console and games that you wish to emulate. Not owning the original and using emulators to play it is a breach of piracy. As long as you have the original system and the games then you're free to emulate the shit out of it and the authorities can't do shit about it.

Read this. I answered it here.

Yes and no.
Emulators are most of the time legal. Psxc2 (or whatever it is spelled, basically the PS2 emu) requires the OS of a PS2 and other files in order to work. This way they are releasing code which isn't illegal thanks to the copyright. Dolphin or PPSSPP are out of the box in terms of what you need to make them work and I honestly don't know if they actually contain copyrighted data in them or they are made 100% scratch (and so they are legal).
Emulating games is another story. It is basically illegal. For what I know, even if you own a copy of the game, you paid the software in order to use it in a specific hardware, or you can't just port it into a pc and open it anyway.
Said that, who cares. Some games are basically unavailable everywhere and emulating is the only way out (ex. Armored Core), or blocked behind ridiculous pay walls for games that you can get for free if you the patience to set up. The only downside I see is you are not supporting the devs, but again, putting your games behind a pay walls means you are greedy and making them unavailable means you are not giving a shit.

No you didn't, you just pulled some bullshit out of your ass. Now go wipe.

It's not much more demanding, what kind of toaster do you have?

You can probably get away with Castlevania. But forget about Monster Hunter, that game was made for analog stick in mind.

Yes i did you fucktard. How the fuck would you know what posts i did or didn't leave?
What i described is the law on emulation and piracy. What you wrote is what you WISH emulation was because you're deluded, in denial and need justification for being a poor fag. So who pulled what out of their ass?

Attached: dHDMAH1.jpg (300x286, 28K)

thanks but I'm just a casual fag who likes to see the band playing in the background

Attached: PCSX2.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

Consoles can break so I'm not required to own a console to play my games.

You're conflating 2 separate acts. It's as simple as that.

i am playing through Dead Aim a second time

You can play Botw at 1080p 60fps on a $120 GPU

I have a Strix GTX 970 and an i5 3570k with 16gb ram.
I don't go all out with PC builds and keep within a decent midrange budget. I've had this PC for a fair few years now and will eventually upgrade when the time is right.
Do you think I could get 4k with these specs on the emulator?

when it comes to emulation, CPU matters a lot more than GPU when it comes to utilization. So as long as you aren't hitting the VRAM cap then you should push the resolution as high as you can go until your GPU hits 99% usage.

You just need to have owned the console or wait until after that console generation has passed.

Then you aren't playing at 60fps at all you lying retard.

>The big factor is whether you own the original console
Nope. You only need the original console if you need software off of it.
>Emulators are most of the time legal. Psxc2 (or whatever it is spelled, basically the PS2 emu) requires the OS of a PS2 and other files in order to work. This way they are releasing code which isn't illegal thanks to the copyright. Dolphin or PPSSPP are out of the box in terms of what you need to make them work and I honestly don't know if they actually contain copyrighted data in them or they are made 100% scratch (and so they are legal).
Many other emulators emulate system software so BIOS isn't needed.
>Emulating games is another story. It is basically illegal.
It isn't. You downloading the game is illegal, whatever you do after that is entirely a different thing.

MHXX on Citra, 60 fps, HD texture replacement, the definitive way to play.

Attached: 1558453644470.png (1599x951, 3.05M)

Wind Waker and its great except sometimes a glitch will occur and the game will be stuck in full screen with an ok prompt I can't get to

So I should be good with my i5? Considering it was released in 2012 and is a bit outdated it still holds up really well today.

t. Mad Nintendies
SEETHE

I definitely am you mongoloid. Considering my system passes the steam VR test with flying colours and puts in in within the green. I can handle 60fps emulation perfectly fine.

It's handy when I don't want to dig out an old game/console or spend hundreds on a rarer game, like Earthbound. I don't understand the high horse people ride about it. It's not like the devs are gonna get money out of the used copies floating around.

I'm wary of PS3 emulation, but I'm glad it seems to be taking off. I'd love to play Demon's Souls again when it's a bit more stable.

Attached: Demon_889991_5932221.jpg (736x1033, 230K)

Redpill me on this hack. I'm replaying Colosseum right now and having a blast.
>XG

Where do y'all go to get ps3 game files? Heard that Skate 3 was playable fully and I want to enjoy that again.

Okay... Not sure what I'm supposed to be seething about but okay...

You are not. That CPU is way too weak.

nicoblog, private trackers

>Dolphin or PPSSPP are out of the box in terms of what you need to make them work and I honestly don't know if they actually contain copyrighted data in them or they are made 100% scratch (and so they are legal).
They use HLE implementations of firmware files, but you are free to get your own copy of said files and use them instead. It's legal.
>Emulating games is another story. It is basically illegal. For what I know, even if you own a copy of the game, you paid the software in order to use it in a specific hardware, or you can't just port it into a pc and open it anyway.
Nope, you are allowed to reverse engineer and bypass copy protection laws for achieving interoperability. Explicitly legal

well it depends on what are you playing exactly, I have no clue.

Yes I am. I have the CPU and I'm playing Demon's souls in 60fps. You're underestimating the cpu (I have it overclocked too mind) and I guarantee you've never used it and are going by the minimum specs from the emulators webpage. Educate yourself.

That the Switch within 2 years was broken up by hackers while the PS3 emulator still have troubles 13 years after the PS3's release and the PS4 has no emulator yet and the generation will end next year.

Except Switch emulation is still garbage, even more so than PS3. PS4 does have a few emulators

Attached: yuzu fail.png (843x37, 2K)

to be fair nintendo had it coming since they literally rehashed a nvidia shield from the hardware to the bootloader. nvidia shield was already cracked and exploited before the switch was released.

Playing Dark Cloud right now. It is really fun. Played it once at a friends house as a kid and thought I'd try and actually play the whole game.

Attached: sniiiiiip.png (1044x727, 478K)

I literally couldn't give a fuck about any of that.

i think emulation is a fascinating concept but im too dumb to get into it

You're lying. Take a screenshot.

I'm not playing it right now to take one and I'm not booting it up tonight but you can have my steam vr results.

Attached: Steamvr test.jpg (426x360, 40K)

But its easy. Just start with a SNES emulator like SNES9X and play a few games then move up to PS2 if your machine can handle it.

playing NES games on Mesen, what a great emulator. Tons of built in filters, plus rewind and speed-up buttons automatically mapped on an xinput controller

There's tons of retard proof youtube guides if you aren't a text guide reader.

VR has fuck all to do with this. You are a liar.

I actually meant to say making building one myself. I emulate a lot of shit already including my personal favorite def jam ffny

Same childhood.
It's a shame it gets so repetitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=GMNfhlXs5Do

>pcsx2 1.4.0
yikes

There's no reason to really since almost every console already has an emulator. The only thing that's missing is OG xbox basically

Some games don't run well on newer versions of PCSX2, I also had to get 1.4 to run romance of the three kingdoms

You mean writing your own emulator? Writing a good emulator requires fairly good knowledge of computer engineering and/or top notch documentation/reverse engineering skills

What if he wants to create his own emulator to gain some experience and later do the PS5 emulator?

>That's the best Project Diva game released so far in terms of gameplay and music
Nope that's Future Tone, biggest selection of songs and most complex note charts

Fuck it. I booted it up all for you. Here you go!

You were saying...

Attached: Believemenowfaggotanon.jpg (1282x753, 289K)

>Some games don't run well on newer versions of PCSX2
Which?

Now go to Boletaria or any area really. Roll over some crates.

just for my own experience

Can I emulate Persona 5 or BOTW with an i5-8400? Will I reach stable rock solid 30 fps?

Don't want to bother torrenting 20GB only to find out there's lots of stutter and lag.

Attached: 1567259733690.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

If you just wanna hobby project start with making a gameboy emulator, there's plenty of guides and open source emulators to use as resources.
If you wanna do something that's useful and will be used by others, find a project already in development, study/ask questions, then focus on one part of it that needs improvement.

And what will that prove? The game runs mostly at a solid 60 with some frame dips here and there.
you wanted it proof so I gave it you. Take it or leave it.

Okumura's dungeon was the single time in 5 that I stopped playing because I wanted to and not because I had something else I needed to do.
FUCK that place.

Yeah but Persona 5 last I checked stuttered just from bugginess. Might be fixed now.

Been messing around with BOTW mods on Cemu. There's custom dungeons now which are pretty cool. Also I love using that arrow shield surfing glitch to slingshot across the map since the physics are more bouncy above 60FPS.

>Also I love using that arrow shield surfing glitch to slingshot across the map since the physics are more bouncy above 60FPS.
What's this?

And I hope they recreate OOT using those custom dungeons, or something like that.

Nothing at the moment but later I’ll be PLAYAN some Paper Mario (64) for the first time. Heard the series is good, so i want to obviously start from the very beginning.

After a few hours of that I’m either gonna emulate The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap, or Castlevania (NES). Haven’t decided yet.

Attached: F3CA8442-F8F7-4A21-A4D8-F8CC7D682BE9.jpg (725x1024, 80K)

>The game runs mostly at a solid 60
The game runs at 30+duplicate frames to compensate for engine weakness in rendering via CPU and GPU.
This is with patch 60fps. So if you go below 30 real FPS, the game starts to slow down, because thats how it works.

I also love how the tutorial has completely different performance from rest of the game.

Nothing, but I've actually been downloading a few 360/PS3 games since Xenia and RPCS3 have been making great progress this year.

I really just want to play Lost Odyssey so I can stare at Ming's tits in 4k

Am I fucked?

Attached: fuck.png (256x224, 4K)

What if I already own a physical copy of a game but have no way to rip it to my pc. Would it still be illegal for me to download the game online even though I have the physical copy?

I see no Ninjas so you technically should be ok

>Would it still be illegal for me to download the game online even though I have the physical copy?
Yep. You only have a license for that one copy of the game, not the copy that's online, even though they may be bit identical.

youtu.be/FCY9whCTyas

Basically you want to land on a enemies head at a angle while surfing your shield and doing the arrow slowdown mechanic at the same time. This glitches out the game and causes Link to fly a long distance away. If you play above 60FPS then you go even farther than this video.

Playing Sonic 06 via Xenia, it's fucking eerie playing an xbox 360 game on my pc, yet it should run native.

lol fuck off, retard.

Neat. There's a trainer that lets you control how fast you move around, it produces the same result if you use your glider. You can go faster than this, if you want to crash your game.

Attached: snow botw.webm (758x420, 2.92M)

Despite me being a Nintendo kid and despite me generally liking JRPGs I was never really into Pokemon for some reason. I played Black when it released and liked that, so I decided why not try Pearl since I always liked Gen 4's mons the best

So far I like it

Attached: Pokemon - Pearl Version (USA) (Rev 5)__30977.png (256x384, 23K)

Fatigue is only an issue early in the game. It becomes nonexistent by the time the game is halfway through

check out Clone Hero
I was gonna set up my xbone on the big tv just cause of rock band but now i don't care to.

Hmm... weird. I assumed it was similar to music and CD's in terms of the law. Like for example, say in the early 2000's when CD players became the standard in cars, I have a legit copy of a CD which I want to use at home and in the car but I don't want it to get scratched. I can rip the CD and burn it onto a blank disc so I can keep the legit copy in the house and use the copy disc in the car. I'd be perfectly legal to do that. Whether I gave the copy disc to someone else to keep would then be illegal and infringe on piracy.
I guess it's different when it comes to games. Sucks donkey dick that it has to be this way.

Emulation is totally a financial decision, and whoever says otherwise is a fucking liar. Piracy is what moves emulation development, and if somebody can get money out of it with more reason. People with cash wont emulate shit ever again unless it is obscure or really really old, but new games like games for the Switch? Thats just being a poorfag

Attached: 1438501240596.gif (404x416, 204K)

muh FUCKING nigga
>the PSP remake being canceled still hurts me

that's pretty much standard now
>12 core intel master race

I should look into the trainer for some more fun.

Attached: cowabunga.webm (960x544, 2.83M)

It's less fun but easier to go where you want by the looks of it.

I used the tutorial because I started a new character for a new build. It runs absolutely fine no matter what part of the game i'm at.
Going this far to try and prove me wrong when I can witness the results first hand.
It's fun seeing how desperately you are trying to prove you're right and honour yourself with some self worth.

>emulating western cuck version

cringe

Playing some matches before tomorrow's stream. I hope it won't be in bad taste.

Attached: Area 51.jpg (1200x900, 708K)

That's an different scenario, which it would be legal for games too. You can make your own copy for personal use, but you can't make a copy from someone else's (ie downloading).

>Going this far to try and prove me wrong
Are you delusional?
Nobody is claiming anything, just that Demon Souls do not output whole frames due the way the game is programmed.

I tried Xenoblade Chronicles on DolphinVR a few days ago. I came in my pants like three times. Too bad there a bunch of bugs with character customization and it becomes unusable, otherwise I would replay it. It's fucking unbelievable.

Attached: Yes.webm (534x616, 1.9M)

>What if I already own a physical copy of a game but have no way to rip it to my pc. Would it still be illegal for me to download the game online even though I have the physical copy?

Yes, it's still illegal, because you're obtaining an unauthorized reproduction from an unauthorized distributor. Nobody really cares, because aside from a few token prosecutions to appear tough on piracy, it'd bankrupt a company in legal fees to try to go after individual pirates. But it is illegal, and depending on where you live - you're far more likely to get into trouble with your ISP.

>lol you need a $2k PC just to emulate botw
>only poorfags emulate
It can't be both

I dunno, right now it seems like emulation is being used to take games limited by their console hardware and ramp up the graphics/FPS to make it the best version possible.

>Pearl
dood
Should have played Platinum instead.

>it's illegal

and?

Attached: 1418437173698.png (1200x1332, 325K)

You may be a different user then so my bad. Someone was trying to call my bluff that I couldn't hit 60fps in Demon's Souls using an emulator with my specs but I proved that I can. They wouldn't let it go after that.

Attached: 20190529_193251.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Didn't even know there was a working ps3 emulator. I can't wait to play the hundreds of good exclusives that console had!!

if you can buy a 2k$ pc, you can buy a switch
poorfags disgust me

You didn't prove shit, quite the opposite you admitted you drop frames.

Pretty fun
The glitchy portraits are annoying though

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1239x223, 52K)

I have a real PS3 and I still opted to use the emulator over it just because Tales of Xillia 2 holds its 60FPS way better than the real console.

but can the switch run 60fps at 4k with settings that don't even exist on switch?

But a switch can't play games at modern resolutions.

Attached: yuzu_2019_09_09_14_53_06_850.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

Yeah, didn't ask for your opinion. Don't respond to my posts ever again...
ok?

Ahh i see. I did get a letter once from my ISP saying that they had tracked a torrent download for a film I had downloaded. I just said "Woops, my bad, it won't happen again" then switched VPN's lmfao

soulless

Attached: Zelda Wind Waker Snake.jpg (774x1080, 137K)

beta.nopaystation.com/
Directly from Sony's servers.

fix here
amicitia.github.io/index

Attached: mech warrior.webm (632x360, 2.94M)

smt strange journey redux

You should've said stop sending me letters or I'll switch to *competitor*.

Is this perfect yet?

>beta.nopaystation.com/
kino website name

Attached: Afro Samurai 2018.12.07 - 04.55.03.02.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I said I could hit 60fps with my outdated hardware...I proved I could hit 60fps... I mentioned the frames will drop on occasion... I never mentioned it ran at 100% 60fps. Yet people are still going on about it. Let it go ffs you pathetic elitists.

The reason why I have to buy a good PC is exactly because I'm poor. I can't afford upgrading it all the time, and I definitely can't afford consoles that are pure garbage and I can just emulate them anyway, and I absolutely can't afford buying games. Also, I have standards, and I want the best experience, so this is why I saved up and bought a PC.

Nah, still too slow. Though they have been increasing the speed steadily, and vulkan is soon™

but they can run the games the way they are meant to run without fucking visual artifacts, perfomance problems, glitches, or limited to 3 games yuzu-emu.org/game/ look at that list and have a laugh

Attached: 1568914868273.png (720x1000, 1.02M)

>

It's nothing to get mad over. Be patient user soon we will be able to play all those games for free with superior fidelity and performance.

Attached: RPCS3 2018.09.28 - 09.12.05.09.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

>this not even 2 year old emulator of the most recent system isn't perfect
No fucking way, say it ain't so.

>
So you are gonna emulate because you cant afford it, emulation is just for poorfags,nobody with money will ever emulat

All the most popular games are mostly playable, what's your point?

exactly, so the argument of bu-bu-but ma emulator lets me play at 8k is retarded

no they are not check again, unless you are ok with playing with garbage

Attached: 1439779773595.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

Sure is, can't believe some people think software progresses and gets better over time. What morons, amirite?

Attached: screenshot-2019_08_24_15_28_00.jpg (7680x4320, 3.94M)

ok retard, there's only like 3 games people will buy a switch for and they're all perfectly emulated.

>wanna emulate a certain PSP game
>FF7 Crisis Core
>cant find proper ISO download
>cant figure out how to get my PSP emulator working

Attached: 1560491260077.jpg (1242x1244, 141K)

That's one of the reasons. On top of the fact that it's free, emulation also offers the possibility to make games not look like shit, and, most importantly, it doesn't require me to give money to Nintendo at all for shitty hardware and shitty services. Even if I were a fucking millionaire, I wouldn't give a penny to those scumbags.

Emulation is for people with standards.

Playing DeS on a emu must be such a soul sucking experience. I literally can't imagine the game without invasions, player messages and screwed world tendency. Not to mention you'll never get some items without cheats which basically defeats the purpose of using them.

RPCS3 is fucking magic

Attached: 1540374531893.jpg (565x1077, 334K)

ups you got mad? try again summerfag, go enjoy your barely running 3 videogames on an emulator, someday you will be able to afford games and food at the same time

Attached: 1437703499847.jpg (230x220, 6K)

>I literally can't imagine the game without invasions, player messages and screwed world tendency.
I can, because that's how I played it when the game came out. Online is the worse part of the souls series, and the games would've been better if they spent that time developing it elsewhere like actually finishing the games..

software progression of course, defending its current state like it is a magic solution capable of replacing original hardware? haha sure

Attached: 1438453894227.png (600x753, 604K)

ok nintendie, no need to be upset that nobody with a brain is going to buy nintendo hardware when all they systems are so easily emulated.

Who said you can (You) me with your shitty taste, pleb?

>software progression of course
No it doesn't, moron.

how is it possible for you to be so dumb

RPCS3 is fucking buggy you mean.

I swear the Dolphin/RPCS3 devs post here

I forget that this is an emulation sometimes and not Nintendo putting out a PC version. This happened so soon after the game's release its crazy.

Still much better than C*tra devs. They always push new things out but they never get their shit to a point where it's actually usable.

Been emulating and catching up on some old Zelda games I never got around to playing.

Pretty new to the PC stuff, so I'm not exactly sure how to set up PS3 emulation or anything like that. Otherwise I'd probably do Nier as well, OP.

Yuzu is more amazing at how fast it's developing. Look at how BOTW runs on that emulator.

We might be emulating BOTW2 faster than we emulated BOTW1

Attached: screenshot_3.jpg (3200x1800, 1.05M)

tha fuck, do you even know how to program? if you had a minimum understanding on how software development works, you would not say that

Nope, lalalala can't hear you, if SMO doesn't emulate perfectly now it never will.

Currently emulating Dragon Quest V.
I got owned by the anti-piracy when I first started playing, took me 20 minutes of wondering around on the ship wondering what the fuck I was missing before I realized it was piracy prevention.

Attached: bfa3a85de9774ce0c7f74dbf13d34eb5.jpg (260x404, 36K)

There's only 3 worthwhile games on the switch, and they all emulate perfectly.

Attached: yuzu_2019_09_19_16_12_00_354.jpg (2560x1440, 797K)

epstein

what

Emulation can play the game in it's original form and can also enhance them. It's the patrician way of vidya

this

Attached: pcsx2 2019-07-28 06-32-59-48.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

was going to get back into P5 and rip my ps3 save over but Borderlands 3 has consumed my freetime

I need to finish P5 and get into new game +

Attached: 1555521827630.jpg (267x200, 12K)

anyone playing DeS now would have that same experience; the servers were shut down last year

kek.

Normally when the game begins you talk to each NPC on the ship and then it will reach shore and the game continues.
If you're playing a pirated copy of DQV DS, the ship will never progress. A patch has been made though.

Then there is no point in playing DeS at all. Half of the spells and some weapons are basically useless if you play offline.

finished castlevania bloodlines over the weekend I'll try another this one

>this is what manbabbies who grew up on COD actually believe
sad

nice

So fucking true, like I was addicted at launch and that dungeon killed it for me

Convenient to a point and has allowed access to ample games that realistically arent obtainable anymore or never were available in the first place but honestly I prefer the real hardware 99% of the time.

Been playing Armored Core 3. Speaking AC and emulation have they fixed the issues RPSC3 has with AC4 and FA or the color issue they have on Xenia?

I played gta vice city stories on emulator

Attached: 13564254325.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Whoa Im playing gale of darkness right now and just finished Coliseum. Fuck dolphin is GOAT.

cute baseball tomboy