What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: file.png (616x353, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

watchdocumentaries.com/the-vietnam-war/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing it's a great casual filter

games like these are unappealing to modern consumers, it's why 83 will spectacularly fail

complete lack of talent and extreme casualization, trying to catch the zoomzoom audience, alienating what fanbase their had from the previous games

The awful VA

>game published by TWI with a number 2 in it's name
I wonder

this, one of the best shooters out right now and possibly the best gunplay of any recent shooter

RO2 was already great.

since we have this thread is anyone even hyped for 83 ?

Attached: ss_a1ffbcae84a195f50e2bf9b6542d2281506dbfab.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 799K)

the main problem is that the red orchestra and rising storm games do not translate over to a modern setting where everyone has access to full auto weapons. Giving the common mouthbreather a bolt action rifle instead of an AK meant that they got more cautious and scared instead of just running and gunning everything (which you can still do if you git gud, meaning the game has depth and skill level).
As a result they balanced the weapons so that noobs wouldnt be able to hit the side of a barn with the gunplay suffering severly compared to earlier titles.
The voice acting is terrible and they even censored swear words because they be christian now.
Art style look like shit compared to RO2/RS1, it looks cartoony.
Maps are trash, which they should have learned from rs1
All the cosmetic DLC's are ridiculous
No vehicles but they fucked that up in ro2 as well so i wouldnt trust them to be able to handle it.

didn't they plan some kind of tank for rs2? I think I saw something like that in the roadmap

>"you are an elite special ops force"
"no"

only for the RO forumla in a modernish setting, what they've shown isn't too impressive though and it's progressing at a snails pace

We didn't bomb the harbors to keep the weapons coming in from China and Russia

The shitshow with Christmas update

Launch was rough, poor North Vietnamese acting, too soft dialogues.
But fortunately they managed to fix most of the launch problems and it's hella great.

everything, its even MORE casual and arcadey than RO2, with even worse meat grinder maps
you know the game is shit when toy soldiers is done better than the vietnam setting

looks like I was right, it's not out yet

Attached: image_(24).png (1920x1328, 2.72M)

>everything, its even MORE casual and arcadey than RO2
RO2 had sniper level zoom for every weapon and borderline no weapon sway, unlike RS2 though.

Also ADS transition was much faster in RO2.

Great beta, excellent launch, just make sure you get back to work on that Killing Floor 2 gun cosmetic as soon as you can

Attached: no wonder they fucking won.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

I'm only interested in well polished single player games

>trained soldiers cant hold their gun still they must all be michael j fox
sick of this meme

>RO formula in a modernish setting
Imagine playing RO2 and every single person in the lobby having a more accurate and deadly version of the MKB.
It would be a complete shitshow of run and gun instead of the frontlines and slow and steady pushes or breakthroughs and flanking that played out in ro2/rs1. The RO formula simply doesnt translate to a modern setting. Maybe it could work in a WW1 setting as long as the devs wouldnt fall for the trench camp meme.
The modeling looks great just like in RO2 hopefully they dont completly fuck it up and riddle every single aspect of it full with bugs.
Zooming was never a problem in RO2 you just didnt have to have pixel snipe duels while actually being able to engage enemy at longer distances. There is never a situation in any map where this leads to a problem, you still couldnt sit back 300m behind the frontline and snipe unless you had a scope.
Having super exaggerated weapon sway and recoil like if the player character is a 7yr old loli just makes the gunplay feel like shit and since it feels so unrealistic I would say it feels more arcadey and casual than RO2.

>Tripwire
>Unreal Engine
>Easy Anti Cheat rootkit
>Grind
>Cosmetics shop
>Shitty maps cause Tripwire

>make game simulating hellish combat experience
>turns out to be a hellish combat experience

same reason every other milsim is failing

I had a blast when it was free during some weekend. It was chaotic at first but you get a grip after few games and then it becomes fun. Holding a position and gunning chink hordes was 10/10

except RO2 was way more hellish and way more fun at the same time

GO HOME GI

>Shitty maps cause Tripwire
It's Antimatter though.

same thing

It's gonna get wrecked a lot by RPGs and DSHKs

Attached: vw.jpg (1304x1719, 428K)

How so?

Nothing. My only gripe is that they removed the stamina bar. I wonder if they gameplay would be better or worse if they left it in.

It's kind of hidden and the difference is that your weapon sways harder after.

What's the best AA solution that isn't downsample or fxaa? Does a bayonet have any downside?

It suddenly refusing to boot up anymore, and Tripwire having no solutions outside of ''Just re-install your OS lel''

This

>What's the best AA solution that isn't downsample or fxaa?
Use Medium FXAA. High FXAA is a blurry mess, while medium is sharper and more pleasant to look at. Otherwise, can't go wrong with SMAA.
>Does a bayonet have any downside?
Your weapons sways harder while aiming because of additional weight and different center of mass.

tripwire tells them to jump and they ask how high.
you never heard of tripwire fucking over the heroes of the west RO2 DLC and the rising storm DLC?

>tripwire tells them to jump and they ask how high.
They're making '83 independently now.

sure, thats what they all say

Way too fucking buggy with netcode issues, animation fuckups, and generally awful hit detection plaguing it to this day and still not fixed. Tripwire stopped giving a fuck after KF2.

Is Ostfront 41-45 ever going to be alive again? Will we ever get a game like it?

runs like shit, looks like shit, setting only am*ricans care about, and it's not RO3 or that new 1984 game they're working on, both of which are more interesting

>he doesn't play Darkest Hour every evening

RO3 isn't in development what are you on about?

They fucked the Ak from being a bullet hose of death to a fucking bb gun.

I'm saying it's not RO3 and therefore boring and irrelevant, doubly so since I don't give a shit about Vietnam

The fact that Megaserver doesn’t exist anymore.

I'll play it if there is a Soviet/Afghan map

Thank you for succinctly listing all of the issues with the game. I'm convinced that people who try to defend RS2 are all the sort of redditors who use phrases like "PTSD simulator" when describing how good the game is

Shitwire and UE3

The amount of seethe that the megaserver caused was fucking insane. There was a crusade against it with people making up stuff like it downloading malware or viruses to your PC just because the high level players didn't want people to get level boosted. I'm very glad that I got boosted while the server was still alive so I could finally customize my characters how I wanted to.

But it did direct you to sites that contained exploit kits that could automatically install malware on your PC

this

mega was so fun that 64-players don't cut it anymore

lack of vehicles, need more maps in cities other than that nothing

friendly reminder that Squad is more expensive, slower paced, harder to get in to but still manages to be more popular

Attached: bigthink.png (747x501, 203K)

You could just like... close the steam overlay or not click on links that it opens?

Shitty maps and game modes, no one wants to play conquest

All American games look like the same generic Hollywood movie.

squad has vehicles that's why it's more popular

Someone needs to make bingo card for RS2 threads.

What went wrong was Rising Storm 1. It fucking killed RO2

It's dead, Jim.

Fuck off megashitter owner

Squad somehow still has the best gameplay out of whatever genre it's in with RS2 and Insurgency Sandstorm, despite the developers being completely retarded and inept. It's actually impressive how the realistic/military shooter/milsim-lite or whatever genre has become an arms race of autism, with Sandstorm's devs being the most out of touch and RS2's devs being the most Jewish. Squad is winning solely by having developers that are slightly less retarded than those of its competitors, and the active modding community helps it too.

>he thinks that sites containing exploit kits need you to interact with them so that they can infest your PC
Of course, it’s always easier to infest anyone who is retarded enough to click on anything, but it’s not always necessary to get the victim to click anything, just loading the site and the script within is enough.

It's a good game but I can't get proper AA to work. The game looks like shit for me and it's pretty hard to see.

>arma for casuals

>NO FUN ALLOWED
>MUH ESPORTS PLAYER LIMIT ONLY REEEEEEE

Only if you need tens if not hundreds of fully populated servers at any time.

Why the flying fuck would they even let that happen in the first place? What kind of retard defends putting auto launching literal malware links into server?

>server that shows a fake player count and gives you malware is so much better than the ones that don't do that bullshit
Fuck off shill

>being so insecure you have to completely make up anything to discredit a thing people liked just to cope

>facts are made up because they make people not want to play on my shitty server
Kill yourself pathetic shill

>facts
lmao

SQHQ is based, fuck off.

Is this literal advertise?

I'm okay with that. Arma has too many tryhards imo.

>server doesn't have as many players as it claims to in the server browser
>opens ads in steam browser that try to give you malware
>Both of these have been observed happening by almost everyone who clicked on that shitshow
>"no that's not true, please come back to my server so i can have more bitcoin miners!"
Fuck off.

Is this literal ESL?

watchdocumentaries.com/the-vietnam-war/

I am, the cold war gone hot setting isn't used enough.

>>Both of these have been observed happening
Not in reality at all, you complete schizo. Stop pretending to be a retard that instantly believes whatever he's told in order to shitpost.

Is this supposed to be an insult?