Game has no flaws

>game has no flaws
>still somehow not the best in its series

Attached: 5a84feddd5449.jpg (620x356, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jg2H3MO1Ixk
youtube.com/watch?v=9kUHYUPcOBU
youtu.be/0ZY3sdbZ1Fc
youtube.com/watch?v=x-XpmlRvGPI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZMbceVS2yNjRqMFgeQrqz88Tjax6jxv0
youtube.com/watch?v=CCLZL7MGxAo
youtube.com/watch?v=vOpQoAqTTpc
youtube.com/watch?v=jYK7LqOt44s
youtube.com/watch?v=WS4pqNpkq_c
youtube.com/watch?v=KvlqQMTYQVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=w-S_qtEruig
youtube.com/watch?v=TbYikXsMCH4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5qPxgFoQs
youtube.com/watch?v=9578n9P6I4M
youtube.com/watch?v=zyIFODbDK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji6M9JEEo6M
youtube.com/watch?v=mUeJr5-nswo
youtube.com/watch?v=BfAH_DyEC1M
youtube.com/watch?v=9I5quHEN9KM
youtube.com/watch?v=JDexCGJ6XTo
youtube.com/watch?v=FUW41AzO-7k
youtube.com/watch?v=AWKB9jz6hQU
youtube.com/watch?v=-7Fvalk31Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=VnwjAINkqQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=GKHEI4N9sNM
youtube.com/watch?v=G_MwAn-zbVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zW8Lt1a7QAc
youtube.com/watch?v=4XKjAwEs2RQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uKymeuwwtAk
youtube.com/watch?v=CNvVPsGctbs
youtube.com/watch?v=XAa8-LBiB5I
youtube.com/watch?v=qtZluMIQMRM
youtube.com/watch?v=zpVIM8de2xw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5I0Yp-7fo
youtube.com/watch?v=FZYWQQkQtYI
youtube.com/watch?v=6mdLAT8pOZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=VR-zAFg1Qs0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv9eoEWL-iE
youtube.com/watch?v=EHGYpguV7uw
youtube.com/watch?v=dlDs071_k6U
youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI
youtube.com/watch?v=pdg1PpLGKXc
youtu.be/pa4G9_xuOns?t=135
youtube.com/watch?v=jSmg2MBrKAY
youtube.com/watch?v=3JNhXtzwqPE
youtube.com/watch?v=VUQZ480DzS4
youtube.com/watch?v=HmSJZd6cwUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L0aLQoFBcXI
youtube.com/watch?v=KpNl0IvH6oA
youtube.com/watch?v=SRwVxf4M98A
youtube.com/watch?v=FGyiQti-nN0
youtube.com/watch?v=1cvRl07Jv8M
youtube.com/watch?v=IZuKt2TPVSo
youtube.com/watch?v=UKOBFEbLgJg
youtube.com/watch?v=sj_zA5t1X_I
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26507.0
youtube.com/watch?v=_H9n7eYw0us
youtube.com/watch?v=TmJZt8ez7YE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is tho
the only one that come close to it is Megaman 2

X4

X is best but I still prefer Mega Man 3 over it.

>What is Megaman 9
>What is X5
>What is Zero 4
>What is BN2/BN3
>What is Starforce 3

Attached: EEr_DQeXYAIIYPA.png (480x320, 21K)

>No dash at the beginning of the game

so the game capcom is working on right now is x9 right

Attached: 49525552_p0.jpg (700x843, 405K)

Why X2 has those awful hot garbage soundtracks?

Most likely. X has been getting all new promotional material love just like Classic was right before 11 was announced. Battle Network Collection is all but guaranteed as Capcom is pushing new mech for it too.

Would X and X2 remade with X4's engine be good?

Attached: 1554266598128.png (594x445, 402K)

Why would you remake X again? It's already good.

Those MegaMan games that were kinda like super Mario deluxe how it was like a remix/collection/highlights for GBC were pretty dope, but MMX is just a true patrician filter. More difficult doesn't mean better. It's like Super Metroid or LttP in execution.

MMX is one of the easier games in the series.

That's what I'm saying. It doesn't have to be hard to be the best.

>Megaman 2
I'll never understand the boner people have for MM2, it's got good music but it's just as rough as 1.

fuck the final stages I've been stuck for months

>What is Megaman 9
bad
>What is X5
bad
>What is Zero 4
Zero is fucking shit, not even real megaman
>What is BN2/BN3/Starforce 3
same as Zero

Bruh just use charged Sting Chameleon like how is that even possible

nice bait nigger

>water level
>no flaw
>that final sigma fight
>not a flaw

Attached: 1542421564883.jpg (584x652, 266K)

That’s probably the only one they played

do people really suck that bad? X is so easy

which stage in x6 is the best starting point

Commander Yammark

This cutie

Attached: CommanderYammarkMugshot.jpg (709x617, 135K)

Mega Man 3 and 9 remain the patrician's choice

He really needs more lewds

Attached: 2979320 - Commander_Yammark DaftPatriot Dark_Dizzy Mega_Man.jpg (643x378, 96K)

X2 still has decent music. Fuck X3's music though. Can't stand that garbage.

I think I'm the only person on this board who wasn't a fan of the Zero series.
The ranking system just killed by enjoyment as I rushed through levels instead of leisurely exploring.
Putting that aside, it's amazing how much better the first 4 X games are than the latter 4. What the fuck happened? And who thought grinding for notMoney in megaman games was a good idea? I know it happened in classic too, but who was that fool?

armored armadillo's stage sucked

What's wrong with Launch Octopus? Your movement is enhanced underwater and there's no breathing mechanic.

Megaman 2 can never be the best when it has the horrendous crash bomb boss

Attached: 1452242285672.png (1200x2400, 114K)

if you want to get everything you have to fight two minibosses twice.

i like x2 the best of the snes mega man games

Storm Eagle is fucking hot

I want to suck his huge metal bird toes

X4 remade on X engine would be better if anything.

Or Quick Man’s laser beams. Or Heat Man’s blocks.

You're going to have to explain your dumbass thought process for this one.

thanks for sharing user

Is it true that if i beat zero series before playing x, i may ruin my enjoyment by fucking up the learning curve?

>kill enemy
>jump on platform
>enemy respawns
>die
>repeat
>finally fight Vile
>no lives left

The original trilogy had better physics, dashing and jumping didn't feel as good in the 32 bit games.

Different composer.

What? No? There's barely a learning curve. All 8 stages are designed with a first playthrough in mind.

WE'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING WE CAN

Good to hear, thanks

FUCK THE SPIDER NIGGER

Why aren't there any other 2D platformer games that feels as fun to play as the X Games bros?

Attached: YEAH.webm (640x478, 2.93M)

Attached: Maury-Lie-Detector[1].jpg (381x378, 52K)

Looks, sounds and plays worse than the best of the classic series. You can call those flaws if you like.

Not having any major flaws doesn't make a game the best, a game can be completely by the numbers and unininteresting while still being really well put together. Some of my favorites have a lot of flaws sometimes massive ones but have enough interesting things going on that I don't mind. Megaman Zero games aren't as consistent or tight but they have much faster, more challenging and slicker gameplay for example.

X4 is a game I know I can speedrun. Too bad speedrunning has the potential to turn me into a tranny. Is beating this within 45-50 minutes considered good?

X5 is when Con Man took over. Hence the quality drop.

It's been 25 years now. I can safetly say that X1 is the only good X game. X overall was a colossal mistake and everything after the first was soulless rehashing that more or less replaced the superior classic mega man.

>it's amazing how much better the first 4 X games are than the latter 4
X3 was fucking hot garbage, X4 was no better than X5 and X6, and X8 is the third best X game.
>What the fuck happened?
You didn't actually play the games.

>X8 is the third best game
70% of the stages are fucking auto scroller

And the weapon's balance is fucked

Which do you think is better?

I find a series that has it’s best instalment near the start always sad because they really should be able to take what they learned and improve.

do reploids fuck

Fuck you both, X2 and X3 have good music

They fuck humans at least.

It is the best in the series. The only thing wrong with it is the x buster upgrade. It would've been amazing if we got the x2 upgrade instead.

what is umihara kawase series
and sonic series
and ninja gaiden...
i dont think youve tried any other games

Yes, but they can't cum.

Imagine being this basic bitch.

X8 is indeed the best game in the second half of the series but trash stage gimmicks hold it back, it's about as good as X3 overall despite its best stages absolutely shitting on it. And you should really reassess X4 if you think it isn't better than X5/6, it's not dragged down by the sort of baggage that those two games are and, despite probably being the easiest X game, flows like a gentle river in spring. X4 is such an incredibly smooth play.

Cyber Peacock might be the single best stage in all of X and a true plebeian filter. Feels so fucking good to nail straight S ranks on it. Zero basically tried to tap into this as a series but it put too many eggs in the ranking basket, it feels more like a chore than Cyber Peacock's stage ever did.

>sonic
>good

Sonic feels good as fuck when you throw in mechanics like drop dash and super peel out.

I'll like Palette much better if she didn't have such stupid looking hair.

>X4 was no better than X5 and X6
hahahahahah
hahahaha
haha
oh my god
are you really saying x4 is on par with x6?

Attached: 72413264_p0.png (800x552, 312K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Jg2H3MO1Ixk
youtube.com/watch?v=9kUHYUPcOBU

I don't think the PSX X games physics are as good so no.

Charged rolling shield, Lil' Zoom. It'll keep the flying enemies at bay while you're climbing the platforms.

>he can't dodge all the beams
git gud or use the time stopper
>he can't time his jumps on the blocks
git gud or use the jet sled.

Game gives you multiple tools to deal with situations and you still cry that it's too hard.

The wall trap boss and the final boss is the only one I'll readily say is bad design and that's because MM2 didn't refill your weapon tanks when you died. If you somehow for some stupid reason used up all your Bubble Lead before fighting the hologram at the end you were completely fucked since even on respawning you had no way to refill the weapon (and MM2 let you get 99 lives). The wall traps also required a full tank to do it the correct way but at least when you died on that boss there were enemies to kill to refill your weapons.

The only reason X3 isn't a bottom tier entry is because it still controls as well as X1/2 do despite being a massive drop in design quality. Plus, that fucking double air dash. The PS1 games feel fine but the SNES games are just a little snappier, methinks.

>The only reason X3 isn't a bottom tier entry
It is though. Second only to X7 for worst X game.

youtu.be/0ZY3sdbZ1Fc

>but it's just as rough as 1.
What the fuck. Have you even played 1? 3 is rougher than 2 for Christ's sake.

No. It's worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-XpmlRvGPI

Again, I think the sheer joy of control somewhat mitigates its myriad of problems. I don't entirely disagree with the validity of that assessment but personally I still enjoy it more than X5, find it definitely less jank than X6, and about as flawed as X8 overall.

All of those games are good for their own specific niches, but none of them have the precision of Mega Man X/Zero series. Umihara doesn't play like Sonic, Sonic doesn't play like Umihara, neither plays like Mega Man X/Zero, and I don't know what the fuck you're thinking with Ninja Gaiden since that's a slower Castlevania.
Don't be an idiot user.

I do not like this picture.
I feel like these bug bastards are mocking me.

>Ninja Gaiden slower than Castlevania
>anything slower than classicvania

You what. Until Dracula X all Castlevania characters moved slowly and deliberately aside from Grant.

This is such a basic platforming segment but it's incredibly satisfying to maneuver . Honestly, this whole stage is great. I should make a WebM from start to finish.

Attached: DRAGOON2.webm (640x480, 2.3M)

considering the fact that this picture is based on a panel from a hentai where 2 girls are mocking someone for being a virgin (i think), and the original picture has the tag "please do not jack off to this", it's very likely

HADOUKEN
SHORYUKEN

X4 trades complexity for fluidity. The bulk of its stage design allows for very fluid movement, moreso than any other MM save perhaps the Zero games.

>What is X5
>What is Zero 4

Seriously nigger?

Post the source.

yes

i never said they were the same fucking games i said they were equally as fun. also the nintendo ninja gaiden games are rather fast paced actually, with very satisfying walljumping and pacing

i sweart to fUFCKING god if one of you spoonfeeds this mobilefag nothing will negatively happen to you HOWEVER know that i dislike you

>X4 was no better than X5 and X6

Uh no? X5 and X6 are snorefests and I genuinely couldn't continue the series the moment I started X6. X4 is on par with 1 imo, since it flows very nicely and gameplay was so rich. Last time I had fun with the X series in a long while.

Mega Man 2 is pretty blech imo. Besides the music and Robot Master designs it's kind of dumb with its level design and considering how piss easy it is, I can't really say its that good. I just find it to be MM1 lite but protected by NES Nostalgia. Classic series didn't start getting good till MM3.

Attached: D6wHxC3UYAAASfU.jpg (768x768, 116K)

And that's a good thing. The reason why X1 and X4 are my favorites is that they're the most straightforward and fun to speedrun.

I wonder how many people who cite X4 as their favorites play the game more as Zero than with X. I think that game was the one where Inafune's bias towards Zero was starting to become apparent as all the real drama took place on his route and his game play was so much more fun than X's.

>2
Not even the best Classic game and it's not even close.

Attached: bestmegamangame.jpg (720x578, 153K)

I'll confess that Zero was very fun to play.

Attached: 1555221181422.png (500x691, 165K)

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZMbceVS2yNjRqMFgeQrqz88Tjax6jxv0

X6 for the win

Attached: 20120808_145844.jpg (567x808, 182K)

Give X8 a chance, it's still not as good as the first 4 games but its peaks are the best in the series since those games. I'd put it above X5 and X6 for sure. Avoid X7 like the plague though unless you are taking a class on how NOT to design a 3D game.

won't bite sorry

Based and redpilled.

There it is, the MM2 baby with his overrated Wily 1 theme.

My only gripes against X8 are the vehicle levels (there has never been a fun MMX vehicle level, imo) and the gameplay is a little too floaty.
Other than that it was a pleasant game. Being able to play as the navigators was a fun bonus too.. shame they were all gimped in one way or the other compared to the main characters.

I actually played the game with X first since he's my favorite. After playing X and going onto Zero, I had the same amount of fun, only bonus factor was Zero being crazy slick since it was all sword, but I still prefer X's gameplay just simply for the nice upgrades and standard gameplay.

A good example to compare, things are very different with Mega Man and Bass though, since Bass is moreso the superior choice considering his perks are literally god-tier. I got more of an impression that MM&B feels more designed towards Bass than X4 being designed towards Zero imo. X4 caters to both nicely while MM&B has a clear and obvious character choice both naturally and game design wise.

Attached: D_XTm8dUYAIUWC9.jpg (2048x1417, 437K)

>Classic series didn't start getting good till MM3
pretty much my thoughts, 3 still has some flaws but 1 and 2 are working the kinks out
They're fun games, but they aren't as polished as, say, Castlevania 1.

You'll learn about our savior soon

I never really liked the MM&Bass game. It just felt like the usual stage and boss designers passed duties onto people who have no idea on how to make fair gameplay or bosses. Going through as Mega Man was akin to pulling your teeth out in some stages and bosses while Bass walked through almost everything easily until the final castle.

Honestly I had more fun with X, mainly because I didn't do the hoo-hah-huh thing as often as I should've.

I personally think it is, it has the perfect balance. Some of the other titles have parts that exceed some of that of X but they also have way worse areas.
But that was intentional, the move from traditional Megaman to X needed this shift in game to solidify it, you could have had it from the get go but it wouldn't have the impact of how he controls in the same levels against the same bosses with and without dash.

Maverick Hunter x was best, fight me.

I didn't mind Yeti's so much by design but it did drag on for far too long. Manowar is a franchise low point though, either you go ham and clear it in under a minute or it drags you kicking and screaming through hell until you get timed out. Abhorrent stage, even by vehicle standards.

I'll give X8 a chance once I get the chance for sure. I'm just shocked by how fast the X series dips in quality. But thanks for the encouragement user.

Yeah, the game just boils down to bullshit level design but at the expense of having my favorite boss fights in the classic era (FUCK DYNAMO MAN), but that's just a textbook example of a MM game being made with one character in mind. Never got that vibe with X4, even after replaying it for a good while just for fun.

Yeah, 1-2 were essentially building blocks. 3 might be flawed but it put a lot of the tweaking to the test with decent length, pretty good level design and boss fights. Plus it introduced a good portion of re-appearing mechanics so I enjoy it a lot. The only criticism I can give is the Wily portions being way too easy for a Classic Mega Man game.

Probably why I love it

Naw m8. I loved X4 because Fourth Armor is one of the better armors in the series. Nothing is more satisfying than hovering around boss patterns.
Stock > Plasma

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1126x995, 468K)

Plasma wrecks Sigma so hard though. The head form literally becomes a nonstarter.

I liked how the armors steadily grew more powerful over the course of the series.
Unfortunately that trend died after X5, because they couldn't really top the brokeness of the Falcon armor.

Wouldn't mind a Metroid esque game where you start off as base X and get all the upgrades he had through the series.

>don't start with the Dash upgrade so you pretty much HAVE to start on Chill Penguin's stage
>can't play as Zero
>helmet upgrade is useless as fuck and is only used to get more upgrades
Those flaws aside, it's still a 9/10 game.

>it's been 8+ years
>and it's STILL nowhere near completion
>because this fucking autist keeps scrapping the assets and starting over
>you will probably be an old man by the time this bastard releases this game

Attached: 1522537426487.png (550x666, 418K)

Imagine

He is right

Don't worry, I'm still waiting on Mega Man in the Limelight 3. The pain is real.

I love sections like this where it looks like you have to stop and wait but if you know what you're doing you can just keep moving forwards. Blazin Flizard's stage in Mega Man Zero 3 does this a lot

the issue starts with x5-7 where the game were balanced as zero as the central character in gameplay. you can't even finish the game withj vanilla X in X6

Makes perfect sense. I beaten X5 with X and completely ignored Zero only to get through the shitty game, so I never got the chance to genuinely tell the difference. Ditched X6 after beating the Tortoise Maverick I got not invested as much as when I started X1-4 (Played X once more btw).

Maybe once I finish the Battle Network series (On Team Colonel right now) I'll hop back in with 's recommendation, but jesus man X fans had it hard X5 and onward. God bless if you actually played the latter half.

there a mod for the PS1 X6 that properly balances the game and gives X the air dash of falcon armor and giving him the same defense as if he was with an armor, share of points and items between x and zero too. it also fixes the issue where you can't fight nightmare zero lvl 4. because when you reach the required points to unlock the lvl4 bosses. you ended up triggering the gate cutscenes and that locked you out of zero and high max, leaving only dynamo avaible in the nightmare stages
-
x3 has a mod too, with zero playable rework of the upgrades to make X buster not trash, it also has black zero and the golden armor can be obtained by graping the capsules normally and a save system with new game plus in the vein of X8

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (916x698, 213K)

X6 isn't a well designed game, but it does become a bit more palatable when you understand how its bullshit works a bit better. Abysmal first impression, but arguably tolerable on repeat playthroughs. Only arguably, though.

IRIS!

consider seppuku, thanks

>but none of them have the precision of Mega Man X/Zero series
You just want a braindead game with absolutely no sense of weight or momentum.

Don’t be ridiculous. You can’t use powers outside of boss fights.

I'll seek these out and take it out for a spin. Should make my X6 experience easier and might as well play upgraded X3 since I totally forgot the game existed. Thanks for the heads up user.

Attached: 1467167160541.png (579x646, 472K)

Fug, where do people get their roms these days after the ROMocalypse.

So what does Yea Forums think about this? youtube.com/watch?v=x-XpmlRvGPI

I mean classic was like that too, it perfected the formula in 2 and was still good in 3 but everything afterwards was just a series of mediocre rehashes. Now that I think about it the Zero series is the only one that actually got better with the latter instalments.

Vimm's Lair is a perfect place. Where I got all my Battle Network/Zero/Classic game roms.

I think the issue would've been resolved if they weren't so weird with the type of gameplay they wanted to promote. Which is why 1-4 were superior and tame. It was mostly straight forward with game objective without worrying about "Virus Meter" or all of that complicated bullshit. Just saying as a first impression to the X series, since I only played the Classic and X1-2 prior to picking up the rest of the series couple years back.

Is this a fangame stuck in development hell? I'm only aware of the classic Mega Man fangames but please educate me on this if you must.

>ROMocalypse
What do you mean? All major romsites still seem to be active.

But it is? It's easily the best in the X series by a landslide and it's better than any other Megaman game I can think of, even 2 and 3 and Battle Network 3

A simple google search works for me

>9
overrated shit, 10 was honestly far better but nobody wants to admit it because 9 was harder. 9 was just annoyingly designed like a shitty troll romhack and doesn't present any fun challenge.

>X5
good game and my third favorite X game past 1 and 2, it is like a 6.5/10 compared to X1 being a 13/10 (best game in entire platformer genre) and X2 being a 9/10 though

>Zero 4
all the Zero series sucks ass and is just a really bad version of the X series.

>BN2/3
the only games to compete with Megaman X in terms of quality. Completely different genre but BN3 in particular is just so fucking good.

>Starforce 3
never played any of these so I wouldn't know if they're good.

Stock is kind of annoying because it's hard to reorient yourself to it. Ordinarily, your instinct is to hold the shoot button again as soon as you pop a charged shot to begin charging again. Also the stock shots have smaller hitboxes.

Mega Man 9 was ok. I feel like it was a good refresh, but the fact that they regressed in Mega Man's options and slapped on Proto Man was retarded. Can't argue on the music though, its very kino.

I will agree that BN3 is just super amazing. I love it so much and its probably my favorite, with 5 and 2 following suit. BN3 felt like a natural upgrade from the first two and I rarely had any issues, minus some nitpick boss bullshit and the armor system being tossed out for soul unison after being perfected. I'm praying we get a damn collection soon.

LOL I haven't played it in decades but I remember you using those boomerangs cutters to slice his tentacles off rendering him mostly harmless

yeah pretty much, i've been following the development of this game for like 9 years now, i guess it will never come out.

9 has much more memorable stage designs and special weapons than 10. I only really remember 10 for Hard mode.

Strike Man and Sheep Man are way more memorable stages than anything from 9

also 9 is full of retard level design, I think literally every single pit in the game spawns enemies that try to catch you as you jump over it.

The maps of BN3 were ass. It's such a pain in the ass to get anywhere, especially with Press involved. And the game requires constantly getting to a place in the net, logging out to do something else, then logging back in and going back to the place you just fucking left. Getting to specific areas of the Undernet is the biggest fucking time waster.

Lmao holy shit I knew this when I was like 7

X4 has one of the worst level designs in the franchise. most stages are just an straight line with barely any platforming

The press thing is stupid. I do not understand why it wasn't just a normal upgrade and not something you had to go into the custnavi to insert. Then you had the train stations, but overall I was too busy with the game to digest. The optional missions were ass and so far I'm glad they have been left to dust.

Mega Man 10 is definitely real good in comparison with 9. It just has the 2 magic of nostalgia because it genuinely has good music, stages and weapons (Despite how stupidly 7/8 of the weapons are). I mean it was trying to emulate 2 and all. The biggest issue for me when it came to 9 that also was in 10 was stripping away a bulk of Mega Man's arsenal in favor of giving those perks to Proto Man, but I think 10 was a bit more nicer on the gameplay side of things.To say you don't remember 10 for anything other than hard mode is injustice because there's a lot of good stages. (Nitro Man, Wily 1-3, Chill Man, Sheep Man, Pump man).

Attached: Dtp7QxFU8AYc1N_.jpg (2048x1324, 446K)

Mega Man 2 sucks.

It is the best though. Only X2 and Mega Man 9 come close.

X2's is fine but X3's is definitely pretty unremarkable outside of Gravity Beetle's stage. X6 is a trash game but has one of the best soundtracks in the series IMO.

9 doesn't even operate on 2 nostalgia because it shits all over 2 aside from maybe the OST. Pit traps and maybe the first phase of Wily with the eggs are the only downsides I see in 9, I consider it a 10/10 game otherwise. Even then, I only dislike the Wily phase because I personally hate ricochet mechanics, it's a decent enough first phase objectively.

Blaze Heatnix's stage theme is the only reason I can stand to keep playing through that piece of shit slog. Even if you kill the donut things the stage still takes forever.

It'd be cool but at this point all I want is a proper Command Mission release. I want to see my girl again.

Attached: 60375881_p0.jpg (556x712, 195K)

>megaman 2
>game where it possibly to softlock yourself without trying
>twice

I want to like Command Mission but designs just won't do it. I was it either to be more context and power focused: or have more action events like Mario RPGs do.

I miss her so much

Attached: 1562494695819.jpg (1536x2048, 599K)

Its pretty easy to shit on 2. Quite obviously it was geared to go back to that point in Classic Mega Man's time, which isn't bad at all, but is one of the huge factors is why the game is remembered by a bunch of people. 9 is definitely in my top 5, very strong entry into the series. But imo I don't think its my favorite. Wily section could've been better, weapon selection is great but it sucks the fun (barring Hornet) and like I said, wish Mega Man didn't get his slide and charged removed, but the Legacy Collection fixed it by packaging Proto Man so its a fair assessment I guess.

>we're never getting a remake of the GB games
>I'll never hear the Mega Man 2 GB music arranged so it's not as ear piercing

Attached: 1553678635001.jpg (640x637, 64K)

Wily is the only one you can trap yourself at and only if you're being stupid.

Not even the best game in it's sub-series
X5 and X2 take the crown.

X4 is the best one.

Boobeam Trap is one of the most infamous bosses in the series, user.

X5 > X2 > X3 > X6 > X4 = X1 = X8 > MHX > Xtreme > X7 > Xtreme 2

X2's soundtrack features way more complex rhythms than others in the series so it's probably offputting to people who don't like that kind of stuff. Basically, you're just a brainlet and that's okay.

Attached: lel.png (826x679, 1.11M)

X2 and X3's ""Whiny Guitars"" Are for patricians only, friend.

You also can't trap yourself as you restart in a hallway with enemies to kill to refill your weapons and Items.

But it is.

>way back at the dawn of time I had a choice of getting this or Metroid II for a Christmas gift
>chose Metroid II and never did get around to getting MMV.

Emulation just isn't the same.

Even so, that's abysmal game design. I'd say it's worse than the Wily fight, which is just embarrassingly sad. At least that picked a near useless weapon with a ton of ammo as a weak point. Crash Bomb is a better weapon with single digit uses.

They thought they were being clever with it obviously. I remember feeling proud of myself as a kid when I figured out the correct way to kill the boss without having to purposely get killed to refill the crash bombs midway through.

They thought wrong. A better way to design the boss would be to use the crash bombs to knock out the walls, use the buster/bomb as weakness to destroy the guns, and their bullets come out more aggressively as they get destroyed. At least then you have a boss pattern that endures the test of replayability to some extent.

>two of the best Classic games were released on the Game Boy, and have more story/lore than most of the NES titles
How strange. It'd be cool to see the Stardroids or Megaman Killers return someday.

>no flaws
>mega man x

The entirety of Sigma's fortress is a pain in the fucking ass. The soundtrack went from being iconic and amazing to being tedious and uninspired. The enemies were just tossed about randomly for cheap "gotcha!" hits. That fuccboi in the mech suit shows up and he's invincible so Zero has to sacrifice himself and goes full muslim on fuccboi's mech. Why Sigma didn't just pilot a mechsuit is beyond me. You have to rematch with every boss like the target audience are autists who like repetitive tasks. Then you get to Sigma and kick his ass and win. jk, you have to kick his ass and win again. jk, you have to kick his ass and win again. jk, you didn't really win anyway, but here's an epilogue that says you fought with everything you had and destroyed his plans and unfortunately, nobody who was lost in the struggle will ever return. jk, we rebuilt Zero.

>mfw on the left having my soul crushed as a child when this game started out GOTYAY-tier and turned into a steaming pile

Attached: Women.jpg (2048x983, 146K)

Zoom off, infant.

Why would you just tell people about your bad tastes?

I like 10 more since 10 feels more like its own game and gears itself to accomodate Proto Man while 9 is more rooted in the MM2 nostalgia and playing Proto Man is like pulling teeth in certain parts.

They're both good games, but I prefer 10.

Only MM GB game they should remake is MM5, as the Stardroid plot was amazing and seeing them in a fresh coat of paint would be awesome.

Even if they thought it would be cool to finally get a pattern, its basically the worst boss in the series bar none. Its annoying when you have to do some puzzle shit and hope to god you didn't waste it on the way to hurt the sentries. Any boss that forces you to use a niche weapon to hurt it while making sure you don't fuck up completely with shitty barrier placement is bad boss design. At least Gamma had options if you wanted to use Top Spin or Search Snake. Its the reason why I fucking hate Wily 1's boss in Mega Man 8, more so than its retarded first half.

Attached: 1370108987239.png (960x800, 217K)

Charged Sting Chameleon/Rolling Shield solves like 80% of the Sigma stages.

>3 is better than 2 for Christ's sake.
fixed

I wonder if today's kids even know what fun is.

>You didn't actually play the games.
>X4 worse than X6 or X7
mathematically incorrect.

Yeah, I found that out as a kid after I got tired of trying to fight and evade enemies.

I quite like MM8 but the Wily 1 boss is a low point for me as well because quite frankly, I hate the Mega Ball and I can't be arsed to stay mindful of all those trajectories it needs to be launched in for that fight.

>the soundtrack went from being iconic and amazing to being tedious and uninspired
but youtube.com/watch?v=CCLZL7MGxAo

My guy you can't honestly believe any of the Sigma stage themes even come CLOSE to the Maverick stage themes.

>fuccboi
Stoped reading right there, femme faggot detected.

but youtube.com/watch?v=vOpQoAqTTpc

X5 is a bottom tier X IMO but I always fucked with this theme.

Even this guy had better music.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYK7LqOt44s

And I used to love the armadillo stage but those fags at Screwattack ruined it for me.

isnt this song from touhou lol

Attached: 1511753234481.png (188x226, 33K)

MM8's Wily 1 is the worst. First Half was literal autism of the Jump/Slide mechanics boosted up unfairly. And then you have the boss which not only has the problem of using a niche weapon like I mentioned, but you got to fucking aim it in such a stupid way where it hits the bugger, did I mention that its all RNG placement AND its annoying to aim the Mega Ball while he spams cargo shit at you? Easily the worst stage in Classic Mega Man history. I'd rather fight Boo Beam forever because at least its alright after repeated runs.

>not posting the superior version
youtube.com/watch?v=WS4pqNpkq_c

Has one of the best OSTs tho

Boobeam remains my personal low but I think it comes down to these 2 bosses being the absolute worst in classic MM.

This is nice but I don't think it's superior to the original. Doesn't have the raw weight the OG does.

Attached: 1554524241237.png (696x690, 183K)

The Mega Man Killers are in DLC for 10.

I got legacy collection 1 the other day and played though all the games in it. I wouldn't call any of them bad, but some of some really fuckin' bad stages that drag the whole thing down.

Whoever thought the doc robot stages were a good idea needed to be slapped.

What? Sigma Stage 1 (X1) is fucking awesome, it sets the tone for the final battle, you just know that someone is going to die.

The best music from the X series are from X1, X8, and Mega Man X Corrupted (Fuck you I'm counting it)

Prove me wrong.

how can music be tedious

X6 exists and EVERYONE agrees that the one thing it got right was the OST.

>tfw started up megaman last night
>Picked gutsman first
>noped out, not enough guts
>went to iceman
>got stuck

X8's only memorable songs are Jakob,Primrose and maybe that one ride armor theme
youtube.com/watch?v=KvlqQMTYQVQ

>mega man thread

Attached: f42.png (680x553, 417K)

The very first game is fucking rough. Cutman's a good starting point, as is bombman. Both are easy enough stages with easy bosses.

MMBN revival fucking when

youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=w-S_qtEruig

Not saying this applies to any X game but music can absolutely get tedious.

And Vile's theme and Lumine's 2nd Form theme and the Boss Intro/Stage Clear theme.

Pause Glitch user. I don't blame you since MM1 is tedious and hard, but if you are a casual player and want to move onto 2, Pause Glitch makes most fights in the game extremely easy and lessen stress. But I recommend you try to play it naturally though, for the full boss experience.

Sounds pretty similar in places
youtube.com/watch?v=TbYikXsMCH4

Which youtuber did you watch

you dont even need them, the fullcharged buster also hits enemies on your rear acting like a momentary barrier against enemies.

Together as One>Okkusenman>Sm4sh remix>Duane & Brando remix>Wily Wars remix>Original

Attached: artworks-000291096438-inh9xd-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 62K)

A bad one, evidently. X4 has no shortage of platforming sections, though they do emphasize speed and linearity for sure.

Original far too low but otherwise based

Attached: ea5f2a4000af9582499acb3c38a1c0cd.png (1265x1879, 3.26M)

you just need to replay the games and compare the level design. x4 has the most straight forward design of the series. good level design only pops up in cyber space and the repliforce stages

X2 and X3 have a couple good tracks but overall they're a much lesser quality. You can really tell the development process was different based entirely on the music. Megaman X, Setsuo Yamamoto (and everyone who helped him) created music based on the stages that were presented to them. In Megaman X2 and X3, they were shown the Mavericks first and made music based on that, they also had a much shorter development time compared to X, which apparently barely made the deadline for its release.

second stage select theme is really good.
also the opening 10/10

Nigga, I replay this game almost every month

Second half of Sky Lagoon
Split Mushroom
Frost Walrus
Magma Dragoon
Web Spider
Cyber Peacock
Space Port
Second half of Final Weapon Part 1

Fuck, even Grizzly's stage, which is a literal line, had decent platform maneuvering in the small confines section with a billion bosses. Go fuck yourself

>Post favorite OST's
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5qPxgFoQs
youtube.com/watch?v=9578n9P6I4M
youtube.com/watch?v=zyIFODbDK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji6M9JEEo6M
youtube.com/watch?v=mUeJr5-nswo
youtube.com/watch?v=BfAH_DyEC1M

Attached: 1543558719309.gif (300x303, 1.52M)

Does Wild Fang count?
youtube.com/watch?v=9I5quHEN9KM

>Second half of Sky Lagoon
since when destroying blocks, doing a single jumpt and moving formard, then waiting for it to fall, or destroying it before falling to not have to jump. is a good amount of platforming, you idiot?
>Split Mushroom
straight forwar staricase, the falling platform is only difficult if you have to look down on the controller to se which button to press. they are also a straight line. and in the second stage you have easily wall climbing plus auto scroller elevator
>Frost Walrus
first stage only have the disapperating ace platforms as threat. but the take so long to disappear and since their postioned in a way for you to gain momentum going down it brain dead easy
>Magma Dragoon
besides the start with the breakable rocks stage is simple as hell and the most platforming you will be doing is jumping over 1 meter holes
>Web Spider
literally only has the waterfall section as any threat to the player in platform form. and you have to really slow to die on it.
>Space Port
literally mash dash to win he stage. you can finish the stage before you see any ship destroy the platforms on the first stage. then, in the second stage you have to just wait for the platform while shooting the laser cannons

fuck off with this meme that x4 has good platforming. even X6 and X3 have better level design.

What is Mega Man 8?
>inb4 jump jump, slide slide
the weak cannot survive.

Attached: MM8.jpg (770x789, 354K)

Haha, classic crazy bus

Damn, this unironically slaps.

youtube.com/watch?v=JDexCGJ6XTo
youtube.com/watch?v=FUW41AzO-7k
youtube.com/watch?v=AWKB9jz6hQU
youtube.com/watch?v=-7Fvalk31Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=VnwjAINkqQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=GKHEI4N9sNM
youtube.com/watch?v=G_MwAn-zbVQ

X4 has smooth platforming. It's not the hardest, no, but I would gladly speed through any section in X4 before dealing with the clusterfuck that is Gate 2 or the umpteenth copypaste enemy populated wall jump section in X3. Besides, it has moments that require good execution like the heart in Split Mushroom's stage or the capsule in Storm Owl's.

youtube.com/watch?v=zW8Lt1a7QAc
Sheep Man is probably my all time favorite level in a Megaman game. I love the chill music, I love the disappearing colored platform mechanics, I think the mouse cursor enemies are some of the most fun and creative of any platformer I've ever played.

this level rules.

MM8 is pretty meh in my opinion but i appreciate it creating one of the best leitmotifs in vidya
youtube.com/watch?v=4XKjAwEs2RQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uKymeuwwtAk

you can get the heart with web spider technique or charged magma dragoon's weapon. I'll give you the buster upgrades in space port

I mean, what X game is better? 2 and 3 aren't as good and 4+ are all dogshit.

Attached: 1568662171141.gif (800x347, 178K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CNvVPsGctbs
youtube.com/watch?v=XAa8-LBiB5I
youtube.com/watch?v=qtZluMIQMRM
youtube.com/watch?v=zpVIM8de2xw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5I0Yp-7fo
youtube.com/watch?v=FZYWQQkQtYI
youtube.com/watch?v=6mdLAT8pOZ4

mega man series has so many wonderful jams.

Attached: Wind-Waker-wind-waker-10878668-320-450.jpg (320x450, 42K)

Xtreme 1 is the second best game in the franchise

I think X2 is on par and I have no idea why it isn't. X4's a different beast altogether but it's right up there with X1/2 and definitely better than X3.

The music in 8 is fucking god tier honestly. I've never played a mmbn game before, but that track was rocking.

I'll never understand the opinion that X4 is somehow passable. It's so slow and clunky, like all the PS1 games, and the gimmicks at its core add nothing to the experience.

Attached: mmx.webm (1278x720, 2.88M)

Not that user but a couple of of my all-time favorite MM songs comes from the BN spinoff, Network Transmission.

youtube.com/watch?v=VR-zAFg1Qs0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gv9eoEWL-iE

>X4
>slow and clunky

I don't think we played the same game. X4 is the fastest paced one. The controls are a bit snappier on the SNES ones but the level design was never smoother than on X4.

never played this game either, but those are pretty catchy. thanks for sharing.

Shooting Star v3 is so fucking good it got a fanmade vocal cover
youtube.com/watch?v=EHGYpguV7uw
youtube.com/watch?v=dlDs071_k6U

the vocal cover is darn cute and the original is a great track.

I really want to know which youtuber called X4 bad recently. This change in opinion where people are now seriously ranking X4 below X5, Z6 and even fucking X7 and X8 came out overnight.

I feel like the X games really emphasized speed and mobility and Cyber Peacock's stage is basically that entire philosophy distilled. It's also why X3 is kind of shit because the levels are too big and require too much exploring to unlock all the 10,000 upgrades slowing the game down.

>no flaws
The SNES is the biggest flaw with the game.

>still somehow not the best in its series
Yeah, Mega Man fans are kind of anal about calling it the best for some reason.

elaborate on this stupidity please.

MUH BLAST PROCESSING
I WISH IT WAS A GENESIS GAME SO ALL THE MUSIC SOUNDED LIKE TERRIBLE FARTS

SNES being too shitty causes too much slowdown. Game should have been built for the genesis, thankfully someone is remaking it for the better system and with the better ost it is finally gonna get rid of it's unfortunate hardware based flaws.

I don't think anyone is seriously daft enough to rate X7 over X4. X5/6/8 have always been hotbeds of discussion between defenders and detractors, but even then I would agree that few rate any of those above X4.

as usual emulation fixes and enhances everything

I honestly think Virus system aside, 5 was better than 4. I like the level design more, Duff McWhalen is easily one of the all time best levels in the series.

Your wish is my command. Enjoy your blast farts.
youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI

I think X is very good. Would I say its the best Mega Man X game? No, X4 is for me imo. Is it the best Mega Man game period? Objectively maybe but X1 is not even close for being my favorite overall. But its not a contest that X1 aged very well and definitely deserves being one of the highest selling Mega Man games ever.

Hate when this shit happens. It's like a trend to make 360 hot takes on good games now.

Nah, emulation is for trannies.

>Duff McWhalen is easily one of the all time best levels in the series.

That's one of the most hated though. It's a slow as fuck autoscroller that requires at least 2 visits, though most players will take 3, to get all its collectables.

Tidal Whale

2 > X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literal diarrhea >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest of series

did you even watch the demo. there is so much stutter and slow down in the first minute. also

HEY
HEY
HEY
HEY
fuck off with this garbage,

HIS NAME

SAR is better than them all

>New mobile game
>X in Teppen
>X,Zero and Sigma in MVCI
>Megaman 11 was a success
>Lots of promotional content
Yes,i'm sure X9 is coming or atleast an Spin off

2's a lower mid tier classic MM.

Yeah the SNES was really slow wasn't it? A lot of great games were hurt by that

is everyone on Yea Forums 10 years old? god damn.

No fuck you, is Duff McWhalen

No need to get so hurt by the fact the SNES relied too much on expansion chips to keep up with a system older than it.

hearty chuckle

Not anymore he's not.

What's it like to be so delusional?

some of this is better than I expected but it's not even comparable to the SNES. that's not the author's fault though, Genesis soundchip just sucks ass.
some good work went into making faithful enough recreations of tracks though, didn't expect Chill Penguin or Spark Mandrill to sound that good.

So yeah, better than the average X game.

Attached: 11.jpg (691x625, 147K)

Going back into 2 discussion, I find it baffling that 2 is like the favorite for most people. Like I understand the music and boss designs were good, but jfc compared to the other classics is essentially pretty bland. I mean, at least its better than 1..? But its not hard to do that, let alone better than 2. I just think 2 is a lot more overrated compared to X by a longshot.

Almost forgot that Duff's stage is literally a shitty boss gauntlet. And the theme is literally just Bubble Crab. Might be the worst X stage objectively.

X9 is definitely the next game. It was teased quite a bit and there's such a huge demand for more X, its a no brainer.

Attached: EBoI2AhUIAEoJCZ.png (124x177, 36K)

Megaman 2 is mediocre and overrated. Worst classic megaman barring 1. People suck its dick because it codified most of the series's tropes, and because they are idiots they automatically assume that makes it the best.

>umihara kawase
fuck off with you meme game

well 2 also basically plays like Contra and has 8 way firing due to metal blade existing

yeah and it was broken as shit and there was literally no reason to use any other weapon

Megaman 6 was the best

Maybe better than X8 or X3. Maybe. Not a scratch on X1, X2 or X4 though.

And it ended up all the better for it you fucking loser.

Attached: bwahahaha.png (698x658, 76K)

Umihara Kawase is frustrating as fuck
Sonic is so mid tier that actual industry professionals say things like "Sonic was never good" and mean it
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 are great.

you couldn't even list real competition to Megaman X like Super Mario Bros 3, the only other game competing for the title of all time best platformer?

I really like VII but literally no one talks about it.

Don't shit on Umihara, that shit is pure skill-based, arcade-style platforming.

Fuck no.
MHX>MMX

Metal Blade didn't work on everything, but it did royally fuck up the things it did work on.

>X5
He said best in the series not one of the worst

Attached: 1564181968910.jpg (845x828, 50K)

>Umihara Kawase is frustrating as fuck
I think you need to get better at games, it's incredibly relaxing.
>Sonic is so mid tier that actual industry professionals say things like "Sonic was never good" and mean it
Because they are retarded

MMX, Contra 3, Gradius 3 and SGNG would be a lot better without the SNES struggling to keep up. Comparing it to what the Genesis was doing with rocket knight adventures, contra hard corps, any thunder force game and the GNG port just makes the SNES look terrible.

3 > MM&B > 7 > 6 > 11 > 8 > 9 > 10 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 1 (6 is underrated and Kino)

Yeah, but at the cost of unbalanced Robot Master weakness orders and turning off any sense of danger most of the game provides with EZ Mode blades. Not that the game was hard to begin with.

probably because it (and Megaman And Bass) are fucking shit along with 8

I absolutely can not stand platformers with big sprites. I hate it in the SNES and PS1 Megaman games, I hated it in Donkey Kong Country, I even hate it in games like Strider. I like seeing where the fuck I'm going and having actual room to dodge shit.

They'd also all have soundtracks that sound like someone farting into a microphone

>Gradius 3
you take that back you piece of shit, slowdown is literally the only thing that makes it and many other shmups playable.

Also SGNG is already one of the hardest games ever made, you really want to fucking double the speed the game runs at?

Agreed, sprites were huge

They don't, but they all sound better than the muffled tin can sound quality from the SNES.

To this day I'm not actually sure how Manowar's stage works. It seemed like the game decided when the stage started whether or not you were actually going to complete it.

>listening to this, enjoying it
>get to Boomer Kuwanger

Nah, man. NAH, MAN. This isn't right. Where's the punch?

Attached: NOPE it from orbit.gif (248x212, 489K)

>muffled tin can
lol you are fucking crazy and retarded. Sega and Nintendo console wars ended in like 96 user you need to stop.

wasn't a big issue for me. still had some great levels, bosses and themes going for it. 8 is a masterpiece and no one can convince me otherwise.

>X2 has a bad soundtra-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5sQTAzzt6s

Get a boost as fast as possible, keep getting them as fast as possible, and for the love of fuck NEVER miss one, get hit or stop shooting. If he gets any serious distance on you then you've basically already lost.

8's only problem is Wily 1. But its not my favorite.

the problem with X2's soundtrack is that it's an 8/10 soundtrack that's following up an honest to god miracle unicorn once in a universe masterpiece 15/10 soundtrack
nothing was ever going to satisfy anyone after X1's music

You're fucking delusional, kid

I can see your point, but Wily stages were always supposed to be a little annoying.

>or atleast an Spin off
Like... Dive?

Attached: X Dive PCs.png (1600x900, 891K)

>all this console warring ITT
Why do you zoomers even LARP as being either Genesis or SNES fans? You weren't even there.

>slowdown is literally the only thing that makes it and many other shmups playable.
No, it's a flaw which is why fans have attempted to fix it with SA-1 support. Thunder Force 4 also has slowdown but is a lot less humble looking in comparison. Gradius 3 looks like a reskinned NES game.
>Also SGNG is already one of the hardest games ever made
It's not, but it would be a lot more enjoyable if it didn't slow to a crawl so often.

Calm down child, delusion is for nintendo fans, I'm just stating facts. The SNES had very few good soundtracks and the ones that are liked are not remembered for their quality.

It's one Genesisfag. No idea why people aren't ignoring him.

That's the problem. Most Wily stages are annoying, but the first one is usually something to breeze by with minimal effort. 8's Wily 1 is literal cancer from start to boss. No joke, I met not a single person who likes that stage.

>wooooow it took 2 processors for you to beat me

Guy who was stuck on 1 reporting back, I decided to start with 2 instead and it's fucking great. tfw metroid filtered me in this same way even though I actually really liked the atmosphere, music and limited shooting angles/range

I don't mind the first half, and I first played it on the Anniversary Collection. However, I abhor the boss with a burning passion. It's the only reason I don't routinely revisit the game as I actually like 8 a lot otherwise.

jump jump slide slide isn't as bad as it was when I was 8 years old. I beat it recently, only died twice. Might be because I played the superior Saturn version.

That boss sucks ass. I definitely agree. That and Boo Beam is on toe to toe for best boss I discussed earlier. Its the reason why I don't like visiting 8 despite the fact that its very good.

2 is where Megaman really found its footing stylistically, though the innovations still come trickling in with 3, 4 and even 6. 1 is basically a historical footnote in comparison.

Attached: ahaha.jpg (480x472, 25K)

I know the Z series doesn't count as a MMX, but it has megaman in the name and honestly
MMZ 3 > all

typical furry

I guess you've met that one person. I think the level is great and the boss has a nice soccer gimmick.

Look at this delusional fuckwit. Can't convince anyone so he starts calling them furries.

I like the mega ball and wish it had more utility.

God bless. You sadistic son of a bitch.

Attached: 1568932545121.png (500x475, 193K)

same. which is why i enjoyed the wily boss quite a bit. it was nice breaking it out after so long.

Poor furfag, endlessly fellates nintendo and insists facts aren't real

I don't like the stage, but I absolutely agree with you on the boss. I love it.

i do what i can to make peoples lives more robust.

stage is fine personally. love the snowboard part and i absolutely love swinging of any kind. win win really.

>He doesn't know

Attached: 1433874893855s.jpg (250x248, 7K)

Please, keep grasping at straws. I'm sure you'll find something.

speak.

youtube.com/watch?v=pdg1PpLGKXc

This seems like satire

genesisfag is right. The SNES is the entire reason why the armored armadillo stage was shit

Eh, it was playable enough when it needed to be. But yeah, slowdown out the ass on that one for sure.

isnt that a good thing since theres so many sequels and spin off series?

>Sonic is so mid tier that actual industry professionals say things like "Sonic was never good" and mean i
You come here and cite industry professionals as part of your argument? Those cunts can't even aim in FPA or jump over a simple platform.

Mega Ball is OP my dude

Wow, people started ignoring you so you samefag to try and start it back up? You're the worst.

Don't be mad because more people agree with me than you.

Are you a retard? The only GREAT X games are X1 and X4 the rest are either mediocre or terrible.

I'll test stuff out whenever I jump back on 8. Crazy.

What did X2 do wrong?

Mega Man X might be the perfect video game. I say this as a Genesis kid

Attached: 1568472045093.gif (150x85, 34K)

It's just mediocre. Music is awful except for 4 great themes, level design is meh, Maverick design is not good and the maddles have too much waiting, enemy weapons you can get are lame or too situational, too much balls with short-range/slow. There are some neat gimmicks/details that are not easy to spot normally but overall X did everything (important) better.

The Maverick design and battles were far superior to X1's it's not even really up for debate.

>skoot doot dee

I hate X4 fags so goddamn much

I prefer Zero's animations from X6. They feel more snappy.

not even gensisfag, i'm the guy that got 0 (You)s when i said armored armadillo's stage sucked. is right in the sense that the slowdown was fine when it counts, like the digging machine chase. even so, I cringe so hard every time I get to the end of the stage since the slowdown goes completely off the rails. That section could have been improved massively had it come out on the Genesis or even the Saturn.

all it did wrong is not attract youtubers.

the dildo saber looks weird, the rough, wavy energy is much cooler and more distinct

youtu.be/pa4G9_xuOns?t=135
Thankfully that problem will be solved soon.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY X3 "HU HA HUU!" HACK?! WHERE IS IT?!

Attached: 913.jpg (737x556, 109K)

Nothing, X2 is better than the first game, X1 and X4 are the "E-celeb" approved ones, the most popular games with casuals and the everyday person. X2, X3, X5 and X8 are perfectly fine games, X6 is frustrating but tolerable and X7 is so bad it's good. Don't listen to the parroters

I really love a lot of the Complete Works arranges for 4-6.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSmg2MBrKAY
youtube.com/watch?v=3JNhXtzwqPE
youtube.com/watch?v=VUQZ480DzS4
youtube.com/watch?v=HmSJZd6cwUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L0aLQoFBcXI
youtube.com/watch?v=KpNl0IvH6oA
youtube.com/watch?v=SRwVxf4M98A
youtube.com/watch?v=FGyiQti-nN0
youtube.com/watch?v=1cvRl07Jv8M
youtube.com/watch?v=IZuKt2TPVSo
youtube.com/watch?v=UKOBFEbLgJg
youtube.com/watch?v=sj_zA5t1X_I

>X5

I mean, it is "fine" but I don't really appreciate much about it beyond the fact that it's functional. I honestly like X6 more than it.

>X7 is so bad it's good.

No, it's just bad. I first played it on the Legacy Collection and it's mind boggling how many bad decisions and executions the game implements. It's a fun game to rip apart but there is nothing humorous about actually playing X7. If anything that shit is educational, a case study on how not to make a 3D video game.

X6 while utterly batshit feels a little more creative than X5. I mean in some areas it went too far. In other areas it went way too fucking far but at least it's better than X5's Alia interruptions to explain obvious shit, slow as fuck levels, and non-challenging bosses.

I personally think X5 is the best game in the series just barely beating out X2. Also X7 is much more fun when drunk/high etc, definitely recommended

>X7 is so bad it's good
No it fucking isn't. Fuck off.

I actually like the part where you shoot those robo-birds in slow motion

I really can't stand 2 anymore. It's a good game but there's better Mega Man games out there.

X5 has a lot of baggage, man. The overarching time gimmick is pointless, the events are soft RNG based, Alia probably taught Fi how to guide the player for how much she slows the game down, X breaks stages with the Falcon Armor, Zero breaks bosses with the saber cancels, it's the first X game to make full armor assembly mandatory (something X7, of all games, managed to fix), it introduced the idea of injured reploids which became a cancer in X6/7, and it also introduced the dumbass ranking system for whatever reason. It does have the best individual story in the series, and is nice that it began the parts system I suppose but even then later games did that latter point better. I just find this one to be a tedious affair altogether.

2 isn't good, it's horribly balanced and a joke to complete.

Attached: mega_man_x_tier_list.png (1064x560, 237K)

Fair list. Not mine 100% but it's agreeable enough.

dude fuck off

It's the best X game, but I enjoy Mega Man 3 and 4 more.

It’s getting an update soon.
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26507.0

I'd switch x8 with x3 and it's perfect

Thanks for the heads-up! Will keep that in mind. Also, thanks for the link user.

I wish they team up with an artist to give the maverick sprites an overhaul. X6 sprites are pathetic in animation and detail, even by SNES standards. Neon Tiger looks fucking better than everyone in X6.

But it is? X2 makes you have to get the worst ending to get the cool version of the final boss (Against Zero) which is fucking retarded when they made up a black Zero sprite that's only used for that scene.

And 3 has pretty shitty boss AI.

>>Megaman 11 was a success
I thought it underperformed?

I think OP meant it's also better than every Classic series game

No, Capcom was happy with its sales. It's probably passed a million by now, the last number given was about 900k if I'm not mistaken, which is actually really good for Megaman.

You get it in the first level you visit

No? It sold nearly, if not, over a mill last time I recalled. Which is pretty big for Mega Man standards as the series isn't on high maintenance as their other franchises. The fact that 11 and I believe the collections are the next bundle of games that reached a mill in sales since 2/3/X1/BN4 and moved up the overall value of the series by 3 mill. Super impressive.

>I thought it underperformed?
Go away Inafune

>MHX
Sell me on this game.

Not necessarily, but one could argue that it makes sense. You see all these angry looking robot animals and off on the side is some fucking penguin trying to look intimidating. I mean, he looks easier than the others, right? Why not pick it first? But you could also give no fucks and pick any other stage first, I guess.

I think maverick hunter x was good and the changes didn't hurt it as much as people say

besides hiding the dash part that shit was mad dumb.

You can play a non canon bonus mode as an purple edgelord who plays the same emo song over every stage yells at everyone and then dies to a charge shot.

Man Nightmare Zero sucks.

This saber always felt kinda dumb to me. It doesn't have a fixed length and its reach seems to be entirely dictated by how hard he swings it. That seems more like a liability than anything. The stiff saber introduced in X6 where it has a standard reach at all times is actually a far superior weapon.

Capcom wouldn't bother making it this close to the SNES version. Not tinny and scratchy enough.

It makes more sense to me as if the Zsaber was just a modified plasma energy projector. So not actually solid laser like a lightsaber. But pretty much like X's buster and he's just 'activating' it for short times in the middle of the swing. Definitely wrote too much Star Wars B canon material in there about how blasters are weaker because they have to encapsulate the plasma bolts to get them to fly at range.

There was already technology in the series that allowed for standardized blade length. We literally see Sigma use such a weapon in the first game. Zero was literally wielding an inferior weapon for four games despite there being better blades

That you unfortunately have to beat the game first for. I cannot remember why they redesigned Sigma's levels in MHX though?

I want Alia to come back. And be playable again.
With armor this time

Attached: AliaConceptArtX8.jpg (1503x2098, 1.05M)

Most of it's alright. This particular track is really pretty awful though
youtube.com/watch?v=_H9n7eYw0us

Hey, fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=TmJZt8ez7YE

>found this at a reseller for $15 2 years ago
feels good knowing capcom will never make a collection with it on. the best it had was a wii eshop port that is now offline.

I feel for you user, it really is a good game, and you're right emulation is shit, but what is shitter is all those fuckers jewing up the prices.

How is Maverick Hunter X?

The additional animation was nice, and the game is pretty fun, though it feels pretty floaty compared to the original.

I'm sure a 14 year old me could counter that the 'stable' version was less powerful. Since whatever was forcing it to keep its shape was energy not directed towards propelling or superheating plasma.

Honestly now I just think it's kind of cool there was an in-universe difference and Zero just actually started using Sigma's old sabre.

I miss her short hair. Fucking waifufags reeeeeeee.

Attached: PLAYSTATION--Mega Man X5 _Nov5 9_39_22.png (350x240, 98K)

If the blade warps its shape mid-swing, it would actually weaken it since a lot of force would be lost. We know that force plays a factor since the third swing, which is a larger and more forceful swing, does more damage than the previous two, but since the blade is warping, it wastes a lot of that energy. Real life blades do require a degree of flexibility since a truly stiff blade would be too brittle, but the beam saber is excessive in that regard. Most of the force of the swing lies in the tip, but in this case, the tip is always curved away from the target when swung.

All versions of Alia are a good Alia.

Just like Powered-Up, its actually pretty good! Of course its inferior to OG X1 but its something nice to test out.

Plus you know, playable Vile if you care about that.

when did alia get so sexy?

Oh I'm not arguing it'd work in any way like a physical sword. I'm suggesting the "Zsaber" is shooting out unshielded high-energy plasma at a very short distance. Not actually creating a blade out of it. Only simulating a vague outline resembling a sword of the dispersal pattern and the motions involved.

X8 where they gave all the Hunters girlfriends.

Attached: Pallette in third.jpg (599x567, 71K)

The only good thing about X7 was the soundtrack honestly

will we ever get X9?

It also fixed the full armor bullshit from X5/6, handled injured reploids a little better than X6 did and gave X one of his better busters across the series. Still an absolutely garbage game overall, though.

oh huh

That's if you got the arm upgrade yourself since there's a moment later on where it's given to you as a scripted event. Charged rolling shield is also good for sub-tank farming in the narrow shaft with the caterpillars leading up to Sigma.

X1 doesn't have the C4 chip, X2 and X3 do. Enough said.

I guess I'll finally finish the game after putting it off for so long. Thanks, anonymous.

>360 hot takes
so you're saying people have always said it sucked?

At least the SNES's color and sound capabilities weren't utter shit

No? It has always been more or less great. But my autism said 360 instead of 180. But you get the point. Same shit happened with Sonic Heroes.

Hope you like it. I've had moments where a small tip was all I needed to open up a new perspective towards a game.