Why it's so highly praised...

Why it's so highly praised? The overworld feels small in comparison to the smaller Koholint and OoT is better in every way

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_Cover.jpg (220x160, 14K)

Because 2D>3D

Because it came out before OoT.

It's 28 years old, user

>OoT is better in every way
Keep dreaming roastie

>LttP was my first Zelda
>it's 28 years old

OoT is fucking terrible compared to ALttP.

ALttP, through-and-through, is a game dedicated to being a game. It's entirely designed around the player moving on a horizontal and vertical axis and tries to rinse as much complexity as it can out of that basic mechanic. It has challenge, it has complexity, and it's fun.

OoT is a brainless cinematic experience that shuffles you from one set-piece to the next. There's zero challenge, zero complexity.

Fucking zoomer REEE

Attached: 1442512114351.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

You sir..... are a retard

Because it returned to the formula of the first game while also expanding on it and seamlessly introducing new elements like the dual world mechanic.

It’s the fake hipster Zelda of choice, like FFVI.

>"Overworld feels small"
>"OOT is better in every way"
>"I-It doesn't matter if it's empty! All that matters is that it's big!"

Attached: 348971957439857195.png (626x540, 160K)

Fuck off zoom zoom

that's botw not oot

B O O M E R

It may not be the best Zelda, but it is the most important one.

Yep this about sums it up.

Ocarina of Time is so...empty. I like the term empty to describe soulless games. There isn't enough detail or complexity in such games.

>"OOT Hyrule Field isn't empty"
Are all ocarinafags that retarded?

Attached: 1554342884590.png (288x251, 60K)

>ALttP
>complexity
Come on now.

Play it while thinking about it from a design perspective. Not only does it try to get as much complexity as it can out of the simple basis of freely moving horizontally and vertically, it even does a better job of 3D level design than OoT through its use of multi-floor dungeons.

It’s the Ocarina of 2D zeldas. As in a highly overrated title that was surpassed by other Zelda games and Alundra. Hell it’s somehow worse than Zelda 1.

>OoT is better in every way
No, it isn't. Hyrule field in OoT is fucking terrible and pretty pointless. Only story and music are better.

botw is truly empty, oot at least had secrets

To be fair, certain dungeons like the Water Temple and Inside the Deku Tree make full use of the game being 3D just as ALTTP did with 2D

>Another retard pretending hyrule field is a big deal

>le ebin hole under rock secret

The Deku Tree creates the illusion of fully utilising 3D through its central gimmick, the cinematic jump into the cobweb. Other than that it doesn't

>le baby puzzle shrines

But you have control over it. That's why you're told that holding forward breaks your fall into a roll. From that you're meant to deduce that you need to make a hard fall. It's simple, but that's early 3D gaming for you. Also the wallskulltulas which block the path upwards until you get the slingshot.

I'm not saying OOT is the most genius 3D game ever (thought it certainly was up there back then) but you're being reductive by saying it's use of 3D is bad

You're damn right. Fuck you're right. How the fuck do I get my friends to understand?

Attached: artworks000237348654xlityzt500x500.jpg (500x500, 38K)

I know that time travel was at one point part of the story and game mechanics, but was scrapped for the light/dark world that we did get. Why didn't they change the name? I never understood the title as it is now.

It's a prequel to the previous Zelda games.

Because it's a prequel to the original LoZ. It was the first to tell the origin of Ganon and the Triforce.

The combat is better

OoT has bad combat. Worst in the series, maybe.

OoT is objectively not better in every way. For example, it has fewer dungeons.

its pretty fucking good , but its also really overrated the overworld is a fucking chore

Because it perfectly distilled the "Zelda" formula and did it with very little to go off of other than vaguely borrowing some things from Zelda 1.

OoT has the same number of dungeons if you count the "not official" dungeons.
OoT: 3 kid dungeons, 5 adult dungeons, ice cave, beneath the well, gerudo training facility, ganon's tower; 12 dungeons
ALttP: hyrule castle, 3 light world dungeons, 8 dark world dungeons; 12 dungeons

ZOOM ZOOM

Does anyone actually like Ocarina's bosses? I liked it better when bosses were an actual fight and not just stun with the dungeon item and whack them with the sword.

Attached: LttP - Boss Battle-468x.jpg (468x345, 40K)

The overworld is why it is my least favorite 2D Zelda.
It just feels like a ring around the castle/pyramid.

Nostalgia. ALttP doesn't do a single element of Zelda the best, even when restrained to just comparing 2D games. The plot is generic as fuck and outdone by LA, MC, and LBW. Music is outdone by every GB/C Zelda game and LBW. OoA blows the dungeons and puzzle design of ALttL out of the water. OoS has better combat and boss challenges. LA has a better setting/atmosphere and a better total package. Characters in ALttP are bog standard. Exploitation in ALttP is garbage because its handholdy as fuck with Sahasrahla telling you what to do after everything and marking every dungeon on your map, with numbers. ALttP is the most overrated game in the series. Even OoT has more going to stand out against other 3D Zeldas than ALttP vs other 2D

2D Zelda bosses are usually pretty lame, I prefer the 3D ones in general.

>capcom shit

opinion discarded

>alttp has a complex map and tried ti get the most out of it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no that was LA

>cinematic experience
it was 1996 user

>the plot
Imagine playing Zelda for the plot, fuck off pleb