Can we stop saying Soulsborne? What do we say now, SoulSekiroBorne? Let's just say Fromsoft games ffs...

Can we stop saying Soulsborne? What do we say now, SoulSekiroBorne? Let's just say Fromsoft games ffs. No one cares about King's Field or Chrome Hounds.

Attached: from.jpg (1280x720, 24K)

Can we just say SSB? Wait, that won't work.
How about we say OP is a faggot?

When from stops rehashing the same formula over and over again, people will probably call their games something else.

soukiroborne

Armoredsoulsbornefieldiro

>Let's just say Fromsoft games ffs.
But armored core

Everyone knows it's Sekisoulsbourneldenring'sfield.

Can we kill each and every soi faggot who's every used the term?

Soulslike for the genre, Soulsborne for the original three games to popularize the formula.

What's wrong with soulsborne?
Until a proper name can be decided on, naming new genres after progenitors is standard practice.
FPS was called "doom clone" for many years
ARPG was called "diablo clone"
Top-down dungeon crawling RPGs with permadeath and random levels are still called Roguelikes and Roguelites to this day

Agreed. We haven't even gotten a proper Metroid or Castlevania game in well over a decade and we're still calling the method of exploration and progression Metroidvania.

But Sekiro has some elements of the games formula and it has better combat and let's just face it its a masterpiece. Evey time Miyazaki puts his heart into something new it delivers, unlike DaS 2 and 3

Sekisoulsbourneldenring'sfield's core

This will never be a genre until someone makes a better game fromsoft

Why not just a competent one? One that's made by people who understand what makes the games good.

>Can we stop saying Soulsborne? What do we say now, SoulSekiroBorne? Let's just say Fromsoft games ffs. No one cares about King's Field or Chrome Hounds.

Attached: 1567762683180.png (785x861, 241K)

>nobody cares about chrome hounds
Fuck. You.

Attached: 14820835408054.jpg (957x636, 334K)

>ARPG was called "diablo clone"
yeah, by fucking retards
ARPGs existed 15 years before diablo was a thing, and vast majority of ARPGs are not even remotely close to being similar to diablo

>No one cares about King's Field
Zoomers need to be purged.

Why do these retards even compare Sekiro to Souls? These games have nothing in common beesides being from the same developer, it's like comparing Metroid to Zelda and calling these games Zeltroid

absolute nonsense

the camera is similar

Lmao.
Sekiro is worse thaN DS2.
It's Darks Souls with less everything
>No main weapon variety
>Secondary equipment is 10% good 90% gimmick
>No multiplayer component
>Dragon Rot is a fake consequence
>Memorable characters down to a bare minimum, less that even DS2

>looks 100 times better in terms of designs and plays about a million times better

smackgame

Is Kings Field worth playing?
Also is Evergrace worth finishing? I'm up to the castle but it's just annoying now

I would settle down with Souls clone or just Souls, it sounds less retarded than soulsborne.

I just call it fromsoft formula. I dont incluse King's field and Armored core but it applies to Bloodborne and Sekiro(thought the later is a bit apart despite the similarities

Only when Dark Souls and Bloodborne stop being the best multiplayer and single player video game experiences of the last decade, respectively

Attached: Dark Souls NOPE.gif (338x350, 710K)

>Fromsoft games
Ah yes, I sure do enjoy the moonlight part on my armored core.

Soulsborne works the best. Bloodborne was literally a Souls game in everything but name as it contained most features in a Souls game.

Sekiro however, just isn't Souls. It doesn't have stamina, it doesn't have CaC, online play, and it doesn't have the same leveling system and large weapon pool.

Attached: Bloodborne™_20180301131145.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)