D-don't forget, Devil May Cry 2 is out now on Switch Yea Forumsros! Only for the low price of 19...

D-don't forget, Devil May Cry 2 is out now on Switch Yea Forumsros! Only for the low price of 19.99-PPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Chaotic Capcom.png (300x287, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2019/02/07/dante-smash-bros-devil-may-cry-switch/
youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
youtube.com/watch?v=WHTNFQf911c
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/427
youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9hQgiV2hyEc
youtube.com/watch?v=K8aZjBd8sN8
youtube.com/watch?v=PpT5B4Sie6M
twitter.com/tomqe/status/1174302968876683265
youtube.com/watch?v=232NWVGHRQI
youtube.com/watch?v=lpvT-Fciu-4
twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1169384690857455617
twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1171499167648075776
youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3ufqp3l10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For me, it's unironically glorious.
Now there is more chances for Dante is Smash.

Remember what they've said? vg247.com/2019/02/07/dante-smash-bros-devil-may-cry-switch/

Attached: tumblr_inline_mtujtxu1jJ1rw38tc.png (230x219, 87K)

Kills me people say DmC is worse than 2.

I hope Capcom is trying to create self-fulfilling prophecy by hinging any future of DMC on this release.

OH NO NO NO NO youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

DMC2 is one of the better DMC games, easily. Anyone who pretends otherwise is just a retard

>Playing PS2 games

Attached: 1565066549921.png (600x600, 358K)

>Still no Vergil DLC
When?

Attached: 1568885943403.jpg (3840x2160, 1.41M)

it's better than dmc1

BOOTY POOO-LEEESS

BOOTI BLIS BLAAY DEE EM CEE 2 is BEES GAEM

There is something weirdly admirable about Capcom trying to sell this by itself for 20 bucks. It's greed and cluelessness at levels you rarely see.

They know Switchfags will buy anything.

Because everything is better when it's on the Switch.

Yeah that Witcher 3 port is gonna be tight.

Gotta eat a bucket of shit before we get our ice cream sundae, huh.

In what way?

I love 480p

Attached: 1564316690340.png (872x757, 136K)

underage

Will this lead to more posting of best girl?

But Nico is from DMC5?

not who i was talking about i remember Yea Forums shilling them for a while here

Definitely buying this one and DMC1, can't wait to pay $39.99 for DMC3SE!

They might actually do that.

Nah, the game will flop like dmc1 overpriced port, they'll say "I guess you guys don't like our games" and cut "support", which is what they really want since they don't want to admit they fucked up against fucking bethesda of all developers

DMC 5 WHEN??

NEVER, SWITCH CAN'T HANDLE IT.

Obviously you don't understand the genius behind Capcom's thinking in selling these games separately rather than releasing the HD collection on Switch. They know everyone hates DMC2, so rather than force it on people in a collection they're giving people the option to not buy it and just get 1 and 3 when they inevitably release it.

Attached: 1543792192370.png (1268x1187, 1.88M)

>not owning a hacked switch
lol

bought or pirated, DMC 2 is still trash that no one should play

Dear God why

I can pick up the HD collection for that much or less

You guys said the same about warframe, doom, wolfenstein, hellblade, the witcher 3...

>own HD Collection on PS3 and PS4
>never played any

why do I keep buying these games?
Same with Dragons Dogma, I buy them because Yea Forums tell me they are great, and I just never play them.

now play it in hard

The PS4/Xbone can barely handle it, the switch port will not be playable.

Capcom's a company that's more likely to just drop whatever pathetic excuse of support it had if DMC2 doesn't sell.

dmc2 is the best youtube.com/watch?v=WHTNFQf911c

exclusive for switch version

>getting hyped over this trash

the absolute state of /v

One step away from portable DMC3/4 and Dead Rising! Not giving a cent to Capcom for this though.

A lot of people remember. It's not "if Dante will be in Smash" it's "when". DMC3 and 4SE's will be on the Switch.

So, how to enter the DMC franchise? Is it fun? Never bothered with style games like DMC before, but I hear it's funny as well. Do the older games emulate well, if they're worth playing?

start by playing the first game in the collection

So, play them all except for DmC? Are there any spinoff games or things I should be aware of? Thanks.

If you're starting with the HD Collection it's generally advised to skip 2, it's really dull. 1 isn't funny except some questionable writing, it has more of a RE feel. Funny shit started with 3.
You can play DmC if you pretend it's from a different franchise, it's a decent action game.

Thanks a lot. i'll try them out some time soon. Is DMCV as good to DMC as RE2make was to the RE franchise?

Based

5 as a whole is a love letter to the series and personally it's my favourite DMC game. You can certainly feel respect and commitment if that's what you're asking. The difference is I don't think RE was half as dead as DMC

>You can certainly feel respect and commitment

Not much respect and commitment to anything from DMC1 and DMC2. It's a love letter to 3 and 4 though.

>only game in the he collection to not have any visual bugs
>only game to get added features being super Dante as a new unlockable
How did it manage to be the least fucked in the hd remaster

Didn’t DMC2 pretty much flop everywhere as one of the most hated obviously rushed titles?

>anything from DMC1
Are you being serious?

Attached: 1554426518021.jpg (2048x1668, 232K)

>Yea Forumsros
This is how we know you're a faggot

>anything from DMC1 and DMC2.
1 definitely but why the fuck would you care about 2?

I can see them doing this shit

Attached: 1468723521945.webm (480x368, 2.55M)

Capcom should just be ironic with their advertising and just post this video to market 2.

Attached: 1541006385816.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

Is this a social experiment intent on testing if it’s true that Switch owners buy literally anything?

Attached: 52EFE096-85C4-4AD7-9836-0E5AF0AEC99E.jpg (442x540, 26K)

People were saying the same shit about an RE rep not too long ago. If capcom really wants another rep in smash maybe they should actually make a new game for switch instead of using it as a toilet.

Re using enemies isn't a love letter it's a common thing that every video game does to save time and effort. DMC4 did it and it was lame.
Retconning shit from DMC1 is the opposite of respect. Turning DMC1 antagonists into jokes isn't respectful either.

Griffin's annoying (i swear he's ripping off a Disney character) and Mundus was turned into a bitch, when he was originally the Satan of the DMC series. Trish looks ugly and is useless and then Dante gets a lame look, lame theme then replaced by Nero. (at this point he's not even a Kamiya character anymore so ignore the Dante bit).

They care about DmC and they gave DMC2 some love in DMC3 as well. The way DMC5 treats DmC is the same as how DMC3 treated DMC2.

Attached: hmph.jpg (400x453, 30K)

I'll laugh so hard if it's Nero instead

They took bits and pieces from dmc 2 though, dante's dt, the map in the office and lucia in the novel. This is exactly what they did with DmC, they took the good parts and put it into the game.

I generally disagree and don't care, but I don't get how
>Mundus was turned into a bitch
He wasn't even in the game, are you mad that the fruit was a source of his power?

Attached: 1535298908215.jpg (598x595, 95K)

As much as I would like that to happen, it's highly unlikely
The Smash autism would destroy the remains of DMC threads' comfiness though

Attached: 1568250461300.png (290x314, 198K)

>the remains of DMC threads' comfiness though
Homos already took care of that.

Imagine if its Vergil even though Vergil mains are still waiting for him to be playable in DMC5

Attached: D89CKi0V4AEgnQB.jpg (480x415, 19K)

Capcom really isn't about trying anything new your gonna get remakes and HD ports from them till the end of time.

It'll be Kyrie.

Attached: 42002610_108756383362805_4438750624196886746_n.jpg (749x670, 58K)

I still don't get why they didn't release the collection over.
>still no onimusha 2/3 HD or collection

Attached: 1501676921703.png (430x345, 174K)

>vergil in smash is canonically what happens after DMC5

>he opened an inter-dimensional portal so he could avoid talking with Nero

Stop posting this gay clown, his face is making me irrationally angry

>all dem times you were tricked into watching his show

DMC2 is unbeliebly shit
I'd believe this of it weren't for the fucking prices

Why don't they port MHW then if they'll buy anything

>Be capcom
>Nintendo shows you their new console
>Ask to improve ram
>They do it
>Console releases
>Only games you give the console are an overpriced sf2 port, an overpriced mhxx capped port that had to be localized by Nintendo because you refused to do it and re revelations with mandatory downloads
>When people asks you, you just say there wasn't any time to develop anything but for some reason the other developers didn't had that issue
>Continue dumping overpriced shitty late ports from two gens ago while constantly threatening the player base to buy them or you cut support for two and a half years
>No sign of this shit changing
What's their fucking goal seriously
Are they hoping for some ports to sell bad so they can cut off the support without looking like the jew cunts they are?

What would you rather want user, a downgraded port of an actual good game, or DMC2?

>200 dollar ROM dump arcade stick
>DMC2 in 2019 for 20 dollars
>Project Resistance
Well that redemption arc was short lived

Attached: c56.jpg (625x482, 41K)

>when
Never, the only way will be with capcom porting him in the game and charging 20$

Multiple outlets tried to get in touch with Capcom why their Switch ports costed more than the other consoles, and Capcom responded to absolutely 0 of them

They are fully aware how fucking greedy they're being

can you fucks PLEASE say something good about the game than pretending to be negative?

>DMC2 is one of the worst DMC games, easily. Anyone who pretends otherwise is just a retard.
FTFY

Dante's design is hot

It has one of Dante’s best looks, I guess.

Who's pretending? It deserves to get shat on.

It has one of the stronger OSTs in the series, Lucia & Arius have great designs, it introduced a lot of great ideas that Itsuno's later games put into good games (Multiple characters, Bloody Palace, a form beyond Devil Trigger, Rebellion). It's still a 3/10, 4/10 at best, and only because playing as Trish on DMD almost feels like a mediocre DMC1 sequel instead of a trash pile.

Could care less of what you think. You'll defend DMC5 no matter the criticism like a mindless Cap cuck.

>not liking Griffon
Shit taste, my man.

When even the creator of dmc 2 acknowledged the fact that it's shit then you know it's bad.

Attached: 1560124858922.jpg (620x877, 66K)

Reminder the entirety of the HD collections wrapper is in the port of DMC1 on Switch unused.

People are going to go into this game blind again.

>DMC1 Switch: 9.2 GB
>DMC2 Switch: 1.9 GB

Attached: 1416805600157.jpg (3300x3140, 475K)

My bad for not being mentally handicapped.

Anything for the money, thats why the only physical Resident Evil games are Resident Evil Revelations 1, Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4.

>DMC3 is gonna sell like shit again because people will get turned off the rest of the series all because of 2, and its thank to Capcom who wanted more money by splitting the HD Collection up

Attached: 1445697587637.jpg (706x706, 60K)

>projecting this much

>no tendies in the dmc thread
aww yeah

Attached: 1556148644633.gif (175x272, 336K)

The hilarious part is that DMC2 was originally released on two discs; one for Dante and one for Lucia. The even more hilarious part is that the discs were identical outside of which character was playable, and you could switch discs to play Dante in Lucia's stages and vice versa.

Its already too late, Capcoms poor reputation and the insane prices have actually led to some Nintendo focused sites to remove discussion of this game reddit was deleting posts asking for Dante in Smash or trying to talk about DMC Switch

@478600639
Thanks for a free (you) Barry

Where do you think you are RIGHT NOW user

Attached: Where do you think we are.jpg (480x360, 16K)

There was an user a couple threads ago who wanted a sunglasses Nero mod

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/427
not mine btw idk how to mod shit

Attached: 427-1568796447-1427209123.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

the port begging thread

Reminder that DMC2 would be a solid game if they just simply nerfed gun damage and fixed enemy AI, if only someone could mod that shit in.
I mean it has everything else you need from a DMC game.

>Port begging
>For DMC2
only in your dream user

Attached: 1446407770150.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Only good thing was dante's design and the fucking OST, which was underrated
youtube.com/watch?v=t85HzA80ysQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9hQgiV2hyEc
youtube.com/watch?v=K8aZjBd8sN8
youtube.com/watch?v=PpT5B4Sie6M
Needed more weapon variety too.

Attached: groove.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>PS All Stars gets Donte
>Smash gets Nero
Dante is the next BB Cross Tag DLC character.

>what is 3 and 4se

What are the chances we could get Nintendo to include Dante, Vergil and Nero? I can dream, right?

Attached: 1562826282430.jpg (2048x1152, 373K)

Look at Dante's big meaty claws in comparison to Vergil's dainty little hands.

Attached: hands.png (1173x863, 1.01M)

Low, honestly the most likely Capcom rep is probably some one from RE since its their third most popular franchise on Nintendo after Megaman and MH which are already both in Smash.

>Megaman and MH which are already both in Smash.

Who in MH is in Smash?

he hasn't used his hands for fighting for a long time.

Rathalos is a boss in the story mode, and has some songs/a map in singleplayer.

Attached: 2019020510175500-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg (1280x720, 386K)

Oh, I was thinking you were talking about the roster.

Thats not port begging since those are inevitably coming, incredibly overpriced

Besides, is there any good reason why they wouldn't port the collection?

Thats probably the most representation the series, needs.
You have the most iconic thing and mascot of the series in the game in the only way possible.

>Thinking Capcom is getting a 3rd rep in Smash
Did you know Nintendo willingly cut DMC2 from some versions of the direct it was revealed in? The two are clearly not on good terms right now

Attached: 1521344180265.jpg (600x600, 35K)

I really doubt they will get another character but if its anyone from them its Jill/Leon
The Japanese Direct is notable for literally having nothing to say about DMC2 other than essentially "Its the second one"

>Did you know Nintendo willingly cut DMC2

because DMC2 sucks and people weren't all that thrilled. They still released a trailer this morning for the DMC2 release.

Everything gets a trailer, even the lowest shit tier indie games get a trailer released from Nintendo. They did the same thing with Dragon's Dogma, it was shown in the Japanese Nintendo Direct but was cut in every other version

The fact of the matter is Nintendo and Capcom are on shaky ground due to Capcom's dreadful support that is lower than the likes of EA and Konami

Capcom did, Nintendo's more focused on Zelda and Switch lite, hell fucking Grid Autosport is probably higher on their agenda.

>port begging
>from the console with movies, ports, multiplats and remakes galore
Name one good Ps4 game (it has to be already released)

I'd rather play a good game on hardware that can handle it.

You don't get that option on Switch because Capcom can't be bothered.

Would you rather take a downgraded port of a good game, or a shit port of a shit game?

>Shoot the Works

My jam. I have it set for Dante in DMC5.

Attached: 1523418900533.gif (800x450, 3.85M)

Neither. I'll just use my future switch for Nintendo games and my PC for the rest.

Capcom will still make games for the system if they're cheap and lazy so that question will forever be echoed

>now suddenly becomes the best dmc game

Nobody has said this nor will say it

Better buy DMC 2 then, faggot.

Nobody has said such thing stupid ass flaseflagging mouthbreather.

>Releasing DMC2 separately

I had a feeling Capcom was trolling Switch owners but this confirms it.

>turning it into a consolewar
its just a joke tendie

lmao you basedny fags cant even name a good game! AHAHAHAHA

I dont understand why though. They sucked Nintendo off with the 3DS, did they fight or some shit?

All this does is make Capcom look embarrassing charging 20 dollars for one of the worst hack n' slashes ever created

Soon!

Its weird because Capcom held a GDC with Nintendo prelaunch of the Switch where they talked about how Capcom shaped the hardware with them and how they got RE Engine running on the platform.
They probably got mad that Nintendo was pushing Bethesda as their biggest partner, or maybe they said no to a Bayo X DMC game, or maybe its related to them paying big bucks to third parties they think can properly handle their franchises and Capcom isn't one of them.

>or maybe they said no to a Bayo X DMC game

Implying money hungry Capcom is interested in Bayonetta when that shit cant sell DMC numbers. A crossover wouldn't sell more than a DMC title would.

Not releasing the DMC collection from the start is the prime example of on-disc DLC tier jewery still being alive and well in CAPCOM.

I have a switch,ps4 and pc. I'm not bootlicking anyone. Anyone that comes on here should have more than one option to play the games they want. That's why I find port begging funny when you could just get a cheap console and play the games you want instead of overpriced ports.

>flaseflagging

DMC itself doesn't do gangbusters. DMC5 was like 2.5 million, which is kinda low for a AAA game

I already own the HD Collection on PS3. It could have been even better on Switch, but no, Capcom decided to be mega jews and split it up and charge 20 bucks for each

Wasn't that only the first two weeks?

i think it was in their recent financials as well

Why would it be better on the switch? It's not like capcom is going to change anything about the port.

It will be release all together near the end, the port of DMC 1 has the entirety of the HD collections files in it and is only missing the games.

They sold 2.5 by June.

No, it sold 2 mil in the first 2 weeks, 2.5 mill was their last report. It's impressive for a niche title like DMC and is the fastest selling DMC game. That's already higher than Bayonetta 2's lifetime sales.

Thats simply because the more the Switch has sold the lazier Capcom has got

RE Revelations, Okami, and even USFII had stuff like gyro, HD Rumble and a bit of new content. That was in 2017. Now in 2019, they're just copy pasting source code, jacking the prices up and trying to claim its a good deal

hot

Ah I see, thanks for the info bros

Still a better game than 3.
Good.

Never said it did, but Bayonetta is beneath the DMC series based on sales.

A full crossover will never happen until Bayonetta actually sells well enough for Capcom to care.

Sales are also down for them on the platform.
An example of how bad their ports have become is if you look at the RER2 port vs the RE6 port
>RER2 1080p with some visual cutbacks but lack of FXAA makes the game sharper
>unlocked framerate hitting between 40-60fps
>RE6 looks like it might be 720p or less with massive visual cutbacks along with the drop of FXAA
>framerate targets 30fps but doesn't seem to hit it
RE6 specs are looking worse than fucking Witcher 3.

I just meant DMC specifically, I get buying ports that actually add things but if you're a newfag to the series its much better being played anywhere but the switch.

>game is so bad even crowbcat shits on it despite being old

jesus christ

youtube.com/watch?v=232NWVGHRQI

There's not much financial benefit even if the sales are comparable, the fanbases are mostly the same people so there's fuck all cross brand awareness.

This is just baffling

>better than 3
k barry

It is worse, be DMC 2 the weakest DMC it has the best Dante, sound track and other stuff.

Maybe base version DmC. DmC:DE though is genuinely better than DMC2.

Just thinking about base DmC rubs me the wrong way beyond the 30 FPS. Everything feels bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=lpvT-Fciu-4

Well obviously
Who are these port for anyway? If its for newfags DMC2 is just gonna kill the sales of future games anyway

>Best Dante
>Best and only customizable devil trigger
>Best OST in the entire series
>Has some decent boss fights
>Animations incredibly ahead of their time
>Tons of hidden movesets, and even Devil trigger special combo moves.
>Secret devil trigger form
>True to its origin horror atmosphere, just like DMC 1 did.
>Perfect brown waifu.
>Stoic dante will always be better than CRUAZY and DMC 4 dante.

Do I really need to go on?

DMC 2 did a lot of things right, but because most areas plays bad people mostly the younger Yea Forums audiences overlooks this.

Also I'll be sure to pick this up later around christmas.

Attached: 1555275671033.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

Maybe this is a little off topic but my last 3 dreams were about Capcom games:

>N1: Hanging with Dante in hell and fighting demons
>N2: chased down and killed by the Tyrant (that was pretty fucking scary)
>N3: I had a naughty dream about Vergil..

I haven't really touch either game in a few months, what does this mean? 2 out of 3 of those I wish I didn't wake up.

Attached: 1551072458808.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

>best Dante and soundtrack

Attached: 1568816165422.jpg (443x537, 96K)

beautiful

Attached: 1565503442284.jpg (1080x1019, 153K)

It's also buggy, unfinished and some of the worst gameplay in a hack and slash game.

Attached: 1547522581863.gif (182x176, 427K)

>2 Dante with no personality
>Likes discount trish

Attached: 1548785319576.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Capcom, enough of these games. I'm taking a long plane ride and I need your best DMCs

Attached: 9313EC8C-ABD5-4BCE-9DA3-B5A88BF292AC.jpg (750x1071, 416K)

Even if they got into the series they'll be waiting for a long time to get 5 ported, if capcom even does decide to do it.

Attached: 59985957.jpg (577x549, 17K)

>Everything gets a trailer
Factually untrue.

It means you want that thick hot DLC

when are we getting a Switch Pro? I'm tired of low resolution titles.

A Switch Pro wont fix DMC2.

SOL anime when?

Attached: 1559446524678.jpg (956x676, 171K)

>DMC 2 has the best Dante
Is this a new meme?

Attached: 1566227151529.png (720x1280, 530K)

Heres a tip user play them.

Some people will grasp onto anything that makes them a contrarian.

Design wise it's not a meme. Lead artist is Ikeno and many people like his art and character designs.

Personality? No its not, even the devs knows this Dante sucks which is why Trish is in the damn game with DMC1 Dante's moves.

I hope your favorite Dante isn't 4 or 5.

Seriously, if they advertise it as "one of the worst games ever", they might even sell a few copies to some who don't know and can't believe.

DMC2 is a bad game with a boring pace, but it has it's merits and contribued heavly to the series
>Fix DT
>MDT/SDT
>Rebellion
>Proto Sword Master
>Proto Gunslinger
>Proto Trickster
>Proto Quicksilver
>Good animations
>Weapon switch
>Bloody Palace
>Dante's outfit
>Cool OST (evil tower and others are pretty cool)
>Argosax and Bolverk
>Lucia
>Fire arms
>Cavaliere concept
Itsuno needed atleast a entire year to polish things up, and not the 4 months he got.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5scqoxMMV1t43zu1_1280.jpg (1280x1843, 739K)

Design wise it’s:
2>1>5>4=3

>I had a naughty dream about Vergil..
You're were playing with his dlc?

Attached: 1546473582304.png (673x504, 145K)

Why do we want an SOL anime for a action game so bad?

Attached: 1561589143903.jpg (1969x1510, 647K)

Capcom knows the game is shit. The first barebones DMC1 port got tweet after tweet shilling the game, post after post from Capcom telling you to buy it.

This? Its gotten nothing. They announced it, mentioned Dante's design, and then it released. Thats it. They fully know the game is trash and aren't telling them it is

Well it can still be action oriented but with SOL sprinkled in. We just want to watch Spergs of Sparda trying to fit in with society. Especially since Vergil was already socially retarded but now he has the added benefit of not interacting with human beings for 20+ years.

Attached: 1559799536082.png (1033x584, 747K)

Wasn't the last DMC anime a shitty attempt at Cowboy Bebop? Will the Netflix anime be any good?

>I hope your favorite Dante isn't 4 or 5.
I like every Dante except 2 and Dino. But design wise 1 with the coat/coatless is my personal fav.

It got tweets, trying to sell all the good points. All two of them.
twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1169384690857455617
twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1171499167648075776

>first ever Bloody Palace

I haven't touched DMC2 in so long I forgot Blood Palace was in it. A part of me wants to boot it up but I skipped it in the HD collection....

who's ready for bergil

Maybe if they have good writers.

DMC2's Bloody Palace is brutal. You have to fight bosses in that tiny ass room along with other enemies.
It's best to use infinite DT to clear that Bloody Palace. The easiest DMC game has the hardest BP.

Attached: 1531864678069.jpg (657x800, 94K)

Don't do it. I played the HD collection fairly recently and was honestly surprised by how much worse DMC2 was to 1. It more failed as an hack'n slash than DMC1 despite taking steps towards that direction.

Same shit even on DMD

cute

I hope that the series takes place after DMC5 and continues the story. Maybe sets us up for the plot of DMC6. Some SOL moments would be nice. Reuben did imply that Itsuno wanted to be involved in the series so it might work if they keep a lot of the same people. I worry Adi might just make a shitty fan fiction.

>netflix
>adi
sounds like a disaster

5 Dante isn't my favorite but he's easily the second best. He feels more restrained in 5 compared to the Looney Tunes nature of the 4. I couldn't stand when people on here were trying to make Dante from 4 the posterboy of the series and basically saying "this is how Dante SHOULD be!"

So I’ve been going through every game in the series, trying to complete the games on DMD with all S-ranks. And holy shit, if you thought DMC2 was bad before, DMD S-ranks is a whole nother level of garbage. You need to get at S ranks in at least 3 categories and 2 A ranks in the remaining categories. If you get hit once, your damage ranking goes from S to A. Enemies in DMC2 often have inconsistent hitstun, and when they activate DT, they have no hitstun. This further encourages avoiding melee combat and just using guns. BUT you can’t entirely rely on that, since you need to get a lot of style points in order to get that S rank. So the game devolves into getting one or two hits in, rolling to constantly maintain a “combo”, then going back in once it is safe. Then once you get a “Stylish”, just shoot everything. It is incredibly boring.

And this is not even going into the boss fights, which are even WORSE somehow. In order to get an S-rank on the final boss for instance, you need to build your rank not by attacking but by dodging. Since the boss doesn’t suffer any hitstun at all, you need to go all the way to a “Stylish” 5 times by just barely dodging his attacks. It almost made me lose my mind.

Attached: B480A5C6-B93E-4513-8D29-E219092BDA79.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

why is she so perfect bros?

Attached: Devil-May-Cry--Ittla-5448940.png (811x1247, 977K)

I already thought getting S ranks on normal was a pain in the ass in this game. Jesus.

Attached: 1548027429439.jpg (1274x912, 83K)

get out tranny

She makes for a great character in 3. Fits right in with the family theme and whatnot
Plus her weapon is cool and she doesn't become some sort of forced damsel in distress like L*cia

Literally an edgy Makato from turd strike. It's no wonder burgers like her so much.

All the DMC girls are shit, the male cast are the only ones that are handled well for the most part.

maybe its just something to spice things up and make us believe they are gonna fall apart again only to hit us with more killers

>Well that redemption arc was short lived

It'll be back with RE3 Remake and DMC6.

Attached: 54522925.jpg (960x960, 66K)

>pizza party
Eh maybe. More likely has to do with Dragon's Dogma 2 development since that's what Itsuno wanted to work on after DMC5, essentially.

Lucia awakened my fetish for caramel girls who speak french.

isn't that rocket launcher enough, why does she need to stash another gun in her underwear

You never know when you have to go commando

dmc5 is tagged

This, I like

Attached: 1568247630972.jpg (420x340, 12K)

So we're pretty much guaranteed 3/4 at this point, right

Attached: 1552322391832.jpg (720x817, 58K)

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Capcom just stops at 2.

Just play DMC5, the rest is really dated.
3 is great for its time but aged very poorly, the rest is trash.

You'll get 3 at least since it doesn't take much work.

As based as Dante would be, he's not getting in over Resident fucking Evil.

Who would even be the RE rep? Leon? Jill? Barry?

Hunk

based

Leon could rep classic and modern RE and is also the fan favorite, while Jill is prime echo material.

I have no problem with dated games, I was able to go from RE2make to RE4 just fine. What makes 1 and 2 trash?

Play them in release order, only play 2 and DmC if you're a completionist

Don't listen to that user. 1 and 3 are perfectly fine however 2 is actually bad because it was only actually developed for 4 months.

That'll be in about 8 years, see you then user

Leon still charts on Nintendo charts and Jill is a close second in terms of Popular RE characters mainly because they are the poster RE character to Nintendo owners while Claire and Chris are the ones pushed more on other platforms.

It never started in the first place.

>capcom has been nothing but garbage on Nintendo for the past 3 years
>but they'll totally get another smash rep
Why is this meme circulating over and over again?

Thanks.

Now how in the fuck did that happen? That has to be some hell of a story.

>That has to be some hell of a story.
Sit a while and listen

Attached: Development of DMC2.png (2684x1354, 2.82M)

Fuck Crapcom

They should have never have gotten their first rep

Thanks, i'll take a look later. Crazy shit.

dee em cee two bets gaem PLS

After all this time we still don't know the director eh?

I doubt it had a pre-Itsuno director. Just a few people higher up on the food chain.

Are you serious? Or are you just trying to be funny?

I honestly don't think it even had one before Itsuno

V is fun as fuck and super unique in his play style, but the fucking poetry reading is probably my favourite part about him, it's perfectly corny in a DMC way. Like he's Vergil so of course he's a massive fucking nerd, but its amplified so god damn much and I love it.

Attached: 1568656219469m.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

Really wish she wasn't from such a shit game because I actually felt like she was pretty cool. I'd lose the backstory of her being created by the big bad though. Too close to Trish.

Attached: __lucia_devil_may_cry_2_and_etc_drawn_by_to_hsu__109ff377eb0132d3a8a1e92ac6d3391b.jpg (2052x2902, 1.48M)

Perfect timing
>two characters that won't ever appear again

V is Vergil so you're wrong. Lucia is never showing up again though.

>V is Vergil
Yeah but you won't see his twink version again?

>implying Vergil isn't a twink like V

>he never saw Vergil's model

It's just padding, my fellow user

Screen caping this for the idiots that think dmc 2 is all bad.

Thank you for the your contribution.

DMC 2 Dante is the most overrated one, shitters with no taste just think that slick clothing = good

He also has cool grunt sound effects, very fluid animations and diverse movesets. Maybe you're just parroting what everyone says?

Capcom gave the 3DS tons of brand new Mon Hun games, and now its just old ports with nothing new added and the priced jacked up

>padding
what

Capcom tries new things on consoles with the power to actually handle RE Engine.

Because they love whoring out to crossovers regardless of other circumstances

But it is bad. Just because you borrow shit from the terrible game to make a good game doesn't make the terrible game suddenly good.

Capcom asked Nintendo to upgrade the Switch's power to handle the RE Engine, and Nintendo did They had a GDC conference about it too. Not a single Capcom Switch game takes advantage of the added hardware or RE Engine, they're all old games nobody wants

>its Jill/Leon
You mean Chris.
The actual posterboy of RE.
And they'll use RE1 or 5 Chris, not Bruce McGivern

Attached: CHRISSSSS.png (1906x512, 1.51M)

Capcom did port a single RE Engine game, and it's a clear sign of how the Switch can't handle games made on the Engine.
Surely you remember RE7 Cloud?

That's some really nice fanart, gotta say.

If the Switch can't handle the RE Engine even after the power boost, then who's fault is it for not saying anything to Nintendo about it?

Also the fact of the matter is Capcom was just simply too lazy to even attempt to port it, or put in any effort. They were too lazy to add in motion controls to RE4, they were too lazy to port the DMC HD collection, and they were too lazy to optimize RE7 for the Switch. RE7 Cloud Edition shows they still wanted money, they just didn't want to put in any effort to earn it.

RE7 Cloud was a lazy attempt at porting a new game on Switch from Capcom. We have people putting fucking Witcher 3, Mortal Kombat 11 and Overwatch on Switch, and here's Capcom taking the easy way out.

Or maybe the Switch just can't handle RE7? You do realize the Switch is fairly weak for a current console, and speaking as a PC gaymer, I can't run RE7 well (i.e., 60FPS) without minimizing most of the settings, whereas I can do that with Witcher 3 fairly easily.

I hope we get Vergil reading poetry as one of the taunts now.

Everyone knows a lot of Capcom's newer PC ports are kinda ass
>Looks at MHW on PC at launch
Tell me user, what makes RE7, a linear horror game so special it can't run on Switch, but it can run more current gen horror games (Alien Isolation, The Sinking City, Outlast 1/2) just fine?

Then Capcom should make it run, aka OPTIMIZE IT

His personality is also considerably more toned down. You know, the thing that people actually love about Dante? Not really sure "cool grunt sounds effects" is high praise.

I wouldn't call most of those current gen since they came out near the launch of the PS4/Xbox One.
Yes, waste money attempting to rework a game to work on a far inferior console specs wise, from a company that has burned you more than once, a company that also was part of the reason of your important creative leads left.

>8 years, see you then user

They churn out RE games pretty quickly since they have multiple teams working on them. DMC5 was also only in production for about 3 years. Reuben said they started on it towards the end of 2015.

because the Switch can't handle RE engine and that's their pride and joy right now.

Parroting what everybody says? The most widespread opinion on what the best Dante outfit is the one from DMC 2, I vastly prefer the 3 and 1 outfits

I thought it was Capcom that burned nintendo on that end though?
They had an exclusivity deal they went back on, which is what pissed off Mikami enough to leave.

I hope Vergil dies in Dante's arms while saying faget.

>They churn out RE games pretty quickly since they have multiple teams working on them
You can probably predict when RE games will come out at this point, and what category they'll fall under.
>Mainline
>Good Spin-off
>Bad Spin-off
>Potentially Good or Bad Spin-off
>Movie
>Manga(???)
>Mainline
So far we've gotten RE7, Vendetta, REmake 2 and Project Resistance. All we're missing is the third spin-off (likely REv3) and potentially another manga. I will not be shocked if we get another stage show though, those are always fun.

The Sinking City came out this month dumbass
Yes it can, unless what Capcom showed during the GDC conference was fake

>barry
I remember this shitposter. He ruined the KH and FF fandoms of Yea Forums, but the DMChads fucking destroyed him with pure motivation. Every DMCbro on Yea Forums probably walks with a big fucking cock and balls between their legs.

Capcom went back on the exclusivity deal because all their games sold like ass on the GCN. Put them on PS2 and RE4 suddenly has 3.5 million sold on one console under its belt, a full 1 million unit improvement over the GCN release.
This caused Mikami to leave due to him not liking Sony. They also probably got screwed over with production costs, since 4 of the 6 RE games they put on the GCN had to have 2 discs.

>Thinking Capcom still cares about the Capcom 5
3DS support from them was a lot better than this, and that was way after the Capcom 5
Capcom is too lazy to port their games, is the fact of the matter here

>Not no homo

I love how Nero looks so happy with his two dads.

>3DS support
Capcom gave the 3DS two shit RE spin-offs, one of which was in planning to be put on consoles before it even came out and wasn't even optimized for 3D. The only good Capcom support was really Phoenix Wright, and even then the offerings weren't as good as the original trilogy on the GBA and its remakes for the 3DS.

SPARDA'D

Attached: dc4c88c8939f4beeb7bb5b8b9f09137d.jpg (390x560, 36K)

You're also forgetting they cancelled one game, Viewtiful Joe flopped on both systems, and one of them was complete shit

The Capcom 5 was more than just Resident Evil

Literally forgetting Capcom gave the 3DS 4 exclusive Monster Hunter games
user are you fucking pretending to be stupid

I honest to God forget that Capcom owns MonHun

>waste money
Wasting money is taking the time to rip out DMC2 from the HD Collection and sell it for 20 dollars

>time
all 5 minutes of it?

No thanks, that being said I think I'm in the mood for some Capkino

Attached: capchad.jpg (1618x888, 222K)

That shit still ain't free user

Nah, that's a smart move since they didn't waste the money to release it physically and it's likely a straight port of the PC version with the bare minimum amount of QA.
They scoop up the money retards spend on it, then turn around and release the physical DMC Collection when they put out 3SE (probably on Christmas as well).
You guy's doubt Capcom's smart thinking honestly.

Because current gen games can't be downscaled enough for Nintendo's Gamecube-tier tablet SNES emulator.

The best you can get is last gen shit like Witcher and ugly trash like nudoom

And then their plans are foiled when absolutely nobody buys it, just like the first DMC port to Switch

What are the chances they release vanilla DMC3?

>nobody buys it
At least 100 people will buy it, which is more than enough sales to justify releasing it. 100 sales = $2000 NET Sales.

>current gen games can't be downscaled enough
>lists current gen games downscaled to run on Switch

Attached: 1528044230409.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

This

Thats not how sales work user, for instance Capcom loses a cut of the profit to Nintendo for starters, not to mention they gotta pay fees to put it on Switch in the first place

BOOPTY BLEEEAAZZZEEEE

user, I am extremely jaded and even I can see some positives in DmC. 2 isn’t enjoyable even as an ironic play, alike Ride to Hell, its just that goddamn terrible. It’s a challange to not fall asleep.

That's why I said Net sales.
And obviously more than 100 people are going to buy it, it's a big name series and Nintendo attracts autistic collectors.

What do you get out of making such terrible posts like this and hiding behind "if you don't like it, you're young!!"? That argument can be used for games like Deus Ex. Dmc2 is actual garbage mate.

Attached: you.webm (640x360, 2.59M)

lol the first one didn't even ENTER the Top 30 on the eShop, and thats all we have to judge sales on because Capcom was too cheap for a physical edition. Also its a big name series, and the people who knows its a big name know DMC2 is a trash fire of a game. Net sales are gonna be jack considering no one will buy it.
>autistic collectors
You just said its digital only, why would they buy something that they can't even collect?

3 when

Attached: 1554916033429.gif (624x335, 2.55M)

>You just said its digital only, why would they buy something that they can't even collect?
Ask nuPC gamers

It's been out since ps2.

>Capcom is literally acting like shovelware devs and shills are praising them for it
OH NO NO NO

before vergil dlc

Yeah but I'd love to play it while lying in bed or something

Why is Vergil so likeable?

Attached: DMC5_Vergil_render.png (524x971, 318K)

I haet bergil

he's a funny fella

Attached: 1555091152059.jpg (753x1200, 142K)

>at an affordable price
fucking kek

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (592x488, 50K)

he's the katana man we all wanna be

DMC 2 is better in the context of the series because it at least had some stuff that could be put to better use in later games, like weapon switching and proto-trickster. DmC almost killed the series and shat on the fans too. And no, shit like the training room DmC had was already present in Bayonetta so don't @ me with that.

He's a katana weeb that tries to be a tough guy but deep down he's a cute nerd.

Attached: ECu_sr8UUAM8f0o.jpg (3840x2160, 1.3M)

Daddy..

Attached: 1568253402757.jpg (783x1246, 160K)

gross

You're gross.

Attached: daddy.png (743x694, 907K)

I could see DMC titles breaking 5 million units by now if it wasn't for DmC and the attempt to kill the franchise.

My fucking sides, thanks for sharing this

Attached: 20190920072101_1.jpg (2560x1440, 409K)

>being this contrarian

Do you want to make love to your father, user?

>Dante Must Die
>not Nero, V, and Dante Must Die
shit mode

Attached: 1555115504265.png (960x628, 526K)

Wouldn't it be great if their was a double reveal with Vergil and Dante?

Attached: 1566078187867.png (264x386, 134K)

he was fujobait in 3 but age made him better

Attached: file.png (321x462, 188K)

What a fucking dead weight

>fucking dead weight

Attached: 20190920073232_1.jpg (2560x1440, 220K)

I played through it on both discs on DMD then again on both discs on DMD as Trish. I really must hate myself because it was far from enjoyable.

PLEASE

fuck yes, this is aaaweesome. need more ports for my switch. hell yeah

>yfw DMC2 switch port manages to outsell DmC:DE

Attached: 1548740275185.jpg (532x679, 66K)

No, just Vergil. He's a daddy.

A good design doesn't save a lack of his character, which is why Dante in Nocturne is a better DMC2 incarnation since he has his personality intact
youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3ufqp3l10

How did DMC2 turn out to be so bad? Was it made by a C team? Troubled development?

Attached: greatest recovery animation known to man.webm (640x448, 242K)

See pic related

Attached: DMC2's abysmal development.jpg (1692x2264, 833K)

>which is what pissed off Mikami enough to leave.
Any info of this?

Well, I don't think it's true. Mikami didn't leave when they put RE4 on the PS2. He was still there to make GH and Killer 7. He left when Clover decided, fuck this noise, let's go make these ourselves.