PC gaming is cheap

>PC gaming is cheap
Who unironically believes this?

Attached: 700.jpg (208x326, 10K)

>Every game is free
Sounds cheap to me

The only thing more expensive than consoles is the PC itself, games are by far cheaper even if you don't pirate with shit like Steam sales, G2A, etc.

Attached: 3644737171.jpg (1000x1333, 360K)

Consoles are like printers. They sell you the base unit at a loss and gouge you on the essential products.

PCs are the opposite. You pay a lot more upfront but the stuff you want for it afterward is significantly cheaper.

>buy PC for $700
>RX 580 (or 5700 XT now), Ryzen 3000 series CPU, can play 1080p60fps
>steam is free
>games regularly discounted
>can just pirate

>buy switch for sister
>$300 up front
>mario kart, super mario, splatoon etc. costs another $300 in total- at least
>need a micro SD card, that's another $20
>$5 a month for online
>99% mobile ports, literal fucking ports from the app store

Games are cheaper even if you're not a piratecunt
You don't need the most recent PC because most games worth playing are either old or indie

>if your pc doesn't cost $2k it's not worth it

Second hand PC. Ebay will winnaaa

Yet all third-worlders use pc instead of consoles.

idk mang, free seems pretty cheap to me

This

PC is how capitalism should've work: you get the hardware and setup, which may be expensive, and then enjoy the reasonably priced games.
Console is how capitalism actually works: they sell everything in smaller parts and try to squeeze as much money from you as they can before you notice how much you've actually spend.

I spent £1000 building my rig 3.5 years ago, 1070 (before miner spike) and 16GB ram. I won't be updating for at least another 4 years.

£1000 / 8 years, free online and free games (avast me mateys)

A master troll truly, no words are needed just a picture to flex on the haters

>want to play SNES game
>search for the cartridge on ebay
>$250
>proceed to download rom and run emulator

>you have to play every single game on 4k resolution, 144fps ultragraphicsmodded textures, hard gpu driver bypassed graphics settings for AA and run 3 different cryptocoin miners at the same time

the only game i haven't pirated in years was rising storm 2 and i got that cheap as fuck

Who cares? Yeah I spent a shit ton of money on a high end PC and only play minecraft and indies, what are you going to do about it buddy?

>collectorfags unironically try to sell games for above the cost of an sd2snes

PCs are like cars, you can build either a needlessly expensive sports car PC or just build a used parts Honda Civic PC. I just use my PC to play games I can't on my PS4 or switch, so I don't need a $1000 rig.

So I'll let you in on a little secret; buy used parts.

That's all you have to do if you want a cheap PC. You can build a cheap PC for under $250 that'll play anything at 1080p max settings. It's easy as hell and you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever.

Let the "PC gayming is expensive meme" die, they're only expensive if you want them to be.

Attached: 1558368793427.jpg (576x382, 54K)

You can buy windows 10 pro volume licenses on eBay for $5, no Linux for me homo. Been using one for three years now with no issue.

Get fucked, loser, I'm gonna go play arcanum like a boomer.

this is only true in some cases
in others, open source reigns supreme, such as in web browsers

The best PC game is free and can run on a toaster so I believe it.

Attached: gelbooru.com 987719 copyright_name doukutsu_monogatari game pixel_art quote screencap studio_pixel t (640x480, 9K)

Wtf is wrong with you? Do you at least play Minecraft in VR? Because that actually looks pretty sweet and I'd love to try that out.

>only have to buy one machine
>if you have to use a computer for anything else you're already saving loads of money (can't use your console for writing shit now can you?)
>if you want to go that route, literally all games are free
>can be upgraded incrementally

Attached: The_King.jpg (640x355, 31K)

No, but only because I haven't exactly decided on a headset yet....

Every game is free and you can build a setup that will last you for a few years with only $1000. Eh, seems pretty cheap for a hobby.

It's a high initial investment buy it pays for itself
Economics 101

>5700 xt for 1080p

Attached: El Santo.png (512x384, 194K)

Yeah, certainly not 60Hz
It's a 1440p card (ideally 144hz with freesync)