Everything looks like plastic!

Everything looks like plastic!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1280x720, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnxgY5Z2t3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should’ve Bought an Xbox one instead

I think that's the idea.
Not that I like it myself. Personally I'm getting a little tired of Nintendo's "arts and crafts" styles. They were charming at first, but now they're starting to feel creatively bankrupt. I skipped Yoshi's Crafted World for this reason.

How is this arts and crafts? They aren't actually toys unlike in Yoshi. They just look toy like

I think it looks cool.

its literally supposed to

Attached: FunPark_Athen.jpg (5616x3552, 3.06M)

>Iwata Asks about Link Between Worlds
>They talk about how the entire game was designed to look like a toy diorama similar to Captain Toad
>Link's Awakening remake comes out
>It's just the natural evolution of what that would become
>Everyone having toylike proportions and dot eyes actually makes it still resemble the original game no matter how many people want to scream "funko pop"

I legitimately have no issues with this art style and normally I try to see from everyone's perspective, but in this case I genuinely can't wrap my head around the logic of the people who just genuinely hate this with every fiber of their being. Sure, you could make the argument they could have made this a proper 3D a la OOT or WW or something like that, but this genuinely works for what it's trying to do. Why not save the hyper realistic graphics for something that isn't a remake?

>waaaa but they took out some cracked floors here and there, it's for CASHUAAALLLS

When the DX version extended the gap you could jump in a later dungeon so you couldn't fuck yourself out of a key over halfway through the game, was that for casuals too?

I kinda like it.

Reminds me of these little fold-out Pokemon playsets I had growing up.

Attached: 6db64b27142194add2ddf321ff9b2bac.jpg (636x427, 55K)

What the fuck is going on in that image?
The phone house isn't supposed to be there, and there's not supposed to be any monsters in the village

That's next screen over to the right in the original. I'm guessing the game can load larger concurrent chunks of the map

Yes, we get it, you don't like this game.
Will you shut up now and move on to a different subject to shitpost about?

Aah, that makes sense. It completely threw me off.

the only people complaining about this are either false flaggers or kids who wants everything they like to be COOL AND MATURE so "people" (aka the cool people at school who plays mature games like Mortal Kombat and DOOM) say something good about the game they like
or they are just autists who wanted the game to be an 1:1 port from the GBC

i just hate how it's copy and paste ad nauseam. They couldve at least made a few more models of trees and grass to disperse and break up the flow

I had a goddamn Street Fighter one. Man I miss those things.

only problem is ALBW ran at constant 60 fps while LA is struggling

Then autistic SOUL fanboys would complain

Yeah, I don’t think it’s goal is realism.

>copy/paste
>still runs like shit
NINTENDO

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 245K)

>it's SUPPOSED to look bad! it adds to the charm!

Attached: kuuth7sra4x01.jpg (1000x524, 85K)

>WAAAAHHH STOP CRITIQUING MUH OVERPRICED SHIT REMAKE
Why are nintendies so sensitive?

I don't give a shit about FPS unless it's sub30 and completely miserable to watch. Seeing it bounce from 30-60 doesn't bother me.

inb4 consolefag. I own everything and are currently typing to you on my fucking ridiculous PC. I just don't give a shit about graphics unless they're miserably piss poor Bad Rats tier.

It's MEANT to look like little plastic models.

I have you beat faggot, I had those Magic School Bus ones of all the different organs and shit. I still have the heart one in a closet somewhere despite moving like four times in the last ten years

Attached: pp,650x642-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg (750x1000, 57K)

Fucking babies that complain nonstop about not being directly cattered to at all fucking time and crying the moment they see something they don't like, but if you point out that you like the change and that they are not the only fans out there, then you're just a casual with no taste.
There's no winning this. They are fucking babies. The only winning move is not to play. Let them believe whatever they want.

Makes merchandising a whole lot easier.

Attached: D8zRSynU0AAMZSL-2-1.jpg (1504x803, 642K)

>It's just the natural evolution
Nintendo continuing to make their games look shittier is indeed that.

It's an anti Nintendo meme mostly. I mean, you can count those games on one hand.

holy shit
there was a time where these were hours of entertainment

Why do you shitpost, user?
This is rhetorical btw.

>I don't give a shit about FPS
>I just don't give a shit about graphics
You just give no shits about anything, huh?

I had the Mighty Max one that looked like a snake and had an Egyptian style dungeon inside.

Way to completely cherry pick my argument. I don't care about the graphics or FPS unless it makes the experience absolutely miserable. If it looks like the shittiest N64 game on planet earth and struggles to maintain even double digit FPS, then it's a fucking problem and needs to be fixed.

If it runs at 60 FPS and sometimes dips, but for the overall part can maintain 60 FPS, then who the fuck cares besides some stupid ass MUH GRAFIX turbo autist?

I had one with a godzilla head too from that 2000 movie. I think the stupidest one I had was that Magic School Bus one where it was Arnold's ear or some dumb shit where they actually put this goopy rubbery shit in there to act like earwax. What in the hell, man. I feel like the heart one was the only one that maintained any sort of realism, because even the brain one was just full of dumb shit too.

It's shit, just play the gb game

The developers are retards, that's why. The strict one-visible-screen system was a way to deal with system limitations but also made the world seem larger than it was by making the pathways snake around, so for example that phone booth near the signpost maze seemed farther away from the village than it actually was. So naturally they just went full Let's Go Pikachu and copied the maps 1:1 AND added active scrolling.

Also this material shit is so tiresome. How about just trying to make a good-looking game with a dynamic range of expression instead of this hackneyed "hurr everything is made of paper/plastic/yarn" shit? Nu-tendo games must have some central gimmick to the gameplay, instead of just making a pure, prime incarnation of the series in the vein of SM64, OOT or MP. So they probably thought that since LA doesn't have some gay central gimmick all the time, they could make up for it with the banal and misplaced toy look.

>it has to be hyper-realistic or it's shit!

snoyfags, everyone

>because even the brain one was just full of dumb shit too.

Wow, just like yours!

>Also this material shit is so tiresome.
Good thing it isn't one of those games.

But why should I give as much of a shit as you?
Let's try to be open-minded here and consider that you are not the only videogames enthusiast here and not the only Zelda fan. Why should I give a shit about what YOU want and why is YOUR position worth more than mine? Because this is how most of these threads appear to be. It's not just a trend of complaining about things you don't like, it's also a trend of outright shitting on whoever is actually content with the new style.
But then, when you come and say it's just a matter of different taste, THEN comes the framerate nitpicking and HOLY SHIT THEY REMOVED SOME CRACKED TILES BECAUSE EVERY GAME SHOULD BE A LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY THAT SUITS ME AND ME ALONE AND THIS IS CLEAR PROOF OF CASUALIZATION.
Get fucking real. Who are you to be shitting so fervently on anyone who disagrees with you and attacking this game and its fans every chance you get. We don't make hundreds of threads to laugh at your retarded autistic obsession with how much you hate toys, so why do you?

>Nu-tendo games must have some central gimmick to the gameplay,
Literally every game has some kind of gimmick to it user.

Looks cute. Zelda games play in a variety of settings, if you don't like cartoony, play BOTW or twilight princess or majora's mask. Why are you shitting on a game you don't actually care about? Typical Yea Forums contrarianism or did Nintendo touch you?

The game is marketed to young audiences who love flashy colors and toys.

Jesus user, I was just joking around.

There is a point where you really should just keep your shitposting to yourself. Obsessed shitposting addict.

To elaborate on this, I guess the game just scratches a very specific nostalgic itch for me. Link Awakening DX on my GameBoy, and these little figurine sets were some of my favorite things growing up.

I completely understand why some people are put off by the game, and it's not a title I would really try to sway their opinion of, but hell if everything about this doesn't just speak directly to my childhood...

Attached: LAMarinCutscene.png (480x432, 7K)

wasn't me fren

Attached: lol.png (375x119, 6K)

Attached: 1.png (326x132, 9K)

They put actual effort and care to give it a unique feel, but people still scream SOULLESS REEEE because it isn't just copypasted in BotW's style, which would be the actual soulless lazy route

That they made it a point to try and give it a unique aesthetic means this game has more heart going for it than a lot of bland hyper-realism you see nowadays. It's actual, non-buzzword soul but Yea Forums refuses to see that in favor of the new opportunity to mindlessly shitpost

and now you will say
"But its the board culture to shit up on everything"

No shit sherlock.

Realism is honestly boring and a reason the industry is so shitty and budget bloated now, It's why games like God of War just feel like somebody had a checklist of most mainstream appeal to fill out. style is the way to go, but this is not a good style.

Challenging your beliefs and asking about what you actually stand for might be board culture, you spineless freak.

Why does the falseflagger fanboy narrative consist of "anyone who dislikes this must want hyperrealism or Twilight Princess 2"? If you're going to bait retards, choose better and fresher bait.

My wit is wasted on a troglodyte like you. You malodorous son of of an inebriated sailor and a five dollar prostitute.

What is a diorama

Tell me about it, this medium allows people to traverse worlds that couldn't exist and people in this day and age are using it to make shit you can see in a forest.

Not remotely close to arts and crafts.

Sure, why don't you make a post pointing out what you don't like about the game then offer some changes that could IMPROVE it for everyone

That's when your shit is all watery and loose.

>if you don't like cartoony, play BOTW or twilight princess or majora's mask
>Why are you shitting on a game you don't actually care about?
>Typical Yea Forums contrarianism or did Nintendo touch you?
I don't get this complaint, you niggers screech whenever someone praises Phantom Hourglass or Skyward Sword, why is it some Zelda games are put above any form of criticism while others basically deemed "irredeemable"?

Nice water in the game

Attached: 2019091713110500-9129043EF2AAD7F1157CF852BACB8F7D.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Good answer

It's funny because when Link Between Worlds came out you faux 2Dfags were shitting on it. Now you love it all of a sudden.

>they can use this engine to remake oracle games
I’m going to nut when they announce them

I personally never shat on LBW, but I know people were so that's pretty unfortunate

OH SHIT DOES CAPCOM STILL OWN THEM? THEY BETTER PLAY BALL

>OH SHIT DOES CAPCOM STILL OWN THEM
Capcom never owned them.

I would love the artstyle if it wasn't made to erase the already existing artstyle of my favorite zelda.

Which is a shame. ALBW is fucking great.

Attached: 1568895559678m.jpg (1024x476, 85K)

Pretty sure Nintendo owns everything Zelda related made by Capcom. A standard "we own everything you make while using our IP" deal.

Holy fuck, nostalgia just hit me hard with this picture. It’s the first time I see those in like 20 years

I don't believe I did that. If anything I said there could be a Zelda game for anyone with how different the style of each game is. Some I enjoyed more than others, some I never played because they didn't appeal to me. I have fuck tons of criticism for OOT and BOTW but still consider both masterpieces.

I can't even properly respond to you because you weren't talking to me , I don't do what you said. No game is above criticism but the only useful criticism is from people who used and enjoyed the product. Not because you didn't like how it looked while never playing it.

>why people have different taste and isn't a hivemind that does everything like me?
why don't you stop posting garbage all day long and go outside for once? the lack in oxygen in your room is already affecting you

>When you're so stupid and have no idea how things work

Developed not owned. Remake wouldn’t even use capcom a code

What is it with the shitty healthbars this gen?
Especially on shit like Mario Odyssey and BOTW

>you niggers screech whenever someone praises Phantom Hourglass or Skyward Sword,
When do either of those things ever happen?

Kinda makes me think of rikkamaru and kaoru

Why are snoys obsessed with cuckoldry? Like literally cannot shut the fuck about it obsessed?

Honestly, ALBW's only problem is the 3DS's resolution. If they had kept that exact same artstyle on the Switch it could have looked great.
They tried to fix what wasn't broken, I think.

Yeah, by that point Nintendo learned their lesson

Elaborate.

God, I wish they released an HD version of that game on Switch. In fact, the LA remake should have just been a sequel included with it on Switch, that would justify the new artstyle and using the Hylian Shield at least, and allow them to be more creative with the dungeon design and world layout.
But I guess that's not what they were going for, unfortunately.

>BOTW
Which uses the same kind every Zelda game uses.

Im saying they look like placeholders

I think user means they're very minimalist and don't really have any flair to them like in past titles of those series

That still doesn't make much sense because BoTW uses the same hearts every game has.

Same method as the rest sure, but in other games it stood out more I guess, like it was bigger, had an outline when you got the half damage upgrade, etc.
It doesn't really bother me much but when I first started playing I recall not being able to see the heart containers as well as in other games because they were so small

I agree, they look exactly like the hearts in TP and WW and SS

>BotW's style, which would be the actual soulless lazy route
I was with you until this point.

>like it was bigger, had an outline when you got the half damage upgrade, etc.
They're literally the same, the only difference would be resolution.

He's not saying BoTW is bad but that copying BoTW over and over again would be "soulless"

It's a Nintendo exclusive and a Zelda game at that, of course it's going to attract shitposting. They'd bitch about anything.

I see.

What a cute Thief

>they aren't toys
>they just look like toys
>how is this arts and crafts?

Attached: brainlet.png (261x320, 11K)

Looks fine but it plays like fucking shit, whats up with this framerate?

I didn't buy it just because of the art style.

I guess you're right then, it's pretty unimportant anyways

they're going for the fisher-price aesthetic....truly kino if i may say so myself.

user, you do realise that the only mainline game that doesn't use hearts is Zelda 2, right?

They could have made it more of an exploration style of hiding what you haven't explored yet. Once you have, give the camera more freedom.

I actually like the look of the game but they really should've used it for an original top-down Zelda game. Link's Awakening didn't need a remake, especially not one that costs 60 dollars

user, they didn't have any "flair" in those games either.

SOULLESS

so TPs hearts look exactly like OoT and SS hearts looks exactly like ALBW, got it

They were all minimalist you retard.

Attached: 92Nx2.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Do you think we're talking about heart containers or something?
You know this is about healthbars, right?

I'm happy with the art direction. I don't think they needed to try and recapture the look of ALBW. It wasn't fixing what wasn't broke, but rather just doing something different.

>like OoT
Not him but yes.

Attached: ocarina.jpg (800x600, 65K)

I am talking about the healthbars you stupid fuck

>It's too cartoon looking, REEEEEEE!

That's what they said about WarCraft 3 and World of WarCraft before they came out.

It looks cute and I'll be buying it once it hits $20.

This
Realism is outright killing video games
If you’re gonna using a realistic setting use it as a spring board into a Narnia like land of fantasy land instead of
“Wow look how realistic this fucking tree bark looks”

>They just look toy like

congratulations , you figured out what the developers intended.

Yeah I don't think you are because like the other guy told you they're all minimalistic and rather plain. At best they'll have shadows or maybe a bit of white otherwise they're all the same thing you're complaining about.

i had the middle one and the pokemon center one next to it. i had no idea there were 3 more. good times.

Attached: 1557775006654.png (654x593, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FnxgY5Z2t3I

YFW some old indie mobile Zelda ripoff actually looks better than the official new Zelda.

Attached: Oceanhorn.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

>Everyone having toylike proportions and dot eyes actually makes it still resemble the original game no matter how many people want to scream "funko pop"
This is such a fucking meme

Making them look like Funko pops was not the only way to make it resemble the original game. There was hundreds of art styles available to them that could have let them make a game that looked like the original without looking cheap.

Attached: 1520866887863.png (1024x1024, 1.14M)

kinda wish they had stuck with the less vibrant colors

wtf why have I never heard about that? That looks rad af

>b-but LA was always meant to look like funko pops on a toy set

Attached: Link_in_a_Dungeon_(Link's_Awakening).png (618x800, 666K)

That looks like shit desu

It doesn't even look good in a toy way. Looks like they copypasta'd a light source for every asset in the same exact position relative to the asset, made everything look reaaaally shiny and called it a day. The assets themselves look like shit from the Unity store.

That seems to be the issue with most modern remasters/remakes, everything just looks so goddamn bright

Maybe zoomers will believe everything looks like funko pops, but to me it reminds me of an age where toys were a by product of something people enjoyed, with their simpler, less intricate designs.

Toys didn't feel like a single cog in the marketing machine, where things designed in your favorite movies and TV shows are designed to make the most appealing toys that would sell the most.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Of all the complains I've read, the one about hearts looking minimalistic is the most retarded.

What kind of Hardland is that?

Attached: ss_6b6de1f32ea8e31196ee4a1ab908857dd42148cf.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Life in plastic, it's fantastic

Yeah. It works for some games (Spyro, Spongebob), but most suffer pretty hard from it.

It's fine if you enjoy the way it looks and it takes you back to another time. I'm objecting to the notion that the new artstyle is what the original game was meant to look like.

The Legend of Yoshi: Link's Kirbying

Its Lego Zelda

The real dioramas they showed off at E3 looked amazing but the actual game doesn't have the rendering power to really capture that. Instead we got a half baked attempt and it came out looking like what we have now. Game should have looked like pic related

Attached: x86ZcWY[1].jpg (4032x3024, 3.84M)

Looks comfy and not overly designed like most vidya nowadays.

Imagination, life is your creation.

The only meme here is thinking they look like Funko Pops when the only resemblance is the color of the eyes.

it's shit that you can see beyond viewing point
the telephone hut is bayound that point you couldn't see that in game boy version

This artstyle looks amazing. I have no idea what you people are going on about? It will age well, it looks like an accurate representation of what the developers intended in the original game as well.