So, did people end up liking Bloodstained? Is the curse broken where all these games like Mighty No...

So, did people end up liking Bloodstained? Is the curse broken where all these games like Mighty No. 9 and Yooka-Laylee try to recreate an old classic and fail? Did they finally make a good one?

Attached: 7185076-l.jpg (371x600, 97K)

there never was a curse, just a lot of desperate Yea Forums incels

Attached: how meme magic works.png (1667x1269, 126K)

Attached: 1528444052089.jpg (962x962, 444K)

>2 games
>A curse

Its very good,so good its one of the few modern games that i would even compare to masterpieces of the past.

It was fairly mediocre. Not bad, but not great. The soundtrack was kind of limp and the bosses were incredibly underwhelming. It's also pretty ugly

The physics and Crystals felt good though

It was a bit of a mess on a technical level, but I thought it was mostly well designed. It's about what you'd expect from a Castlevania game in its design which is all anyone really wanted from it I think.

From what I understand Yooka-Laylee was a fucking disaster

It's clearly rushed and lacks polish, but I still loved it. I just wish the story and characters weren't so weak. Hoping for some good DLC

>all these games
>names the two notorious ones
there have been other fuckups but plenty of successes too. Pathologic 2 is god tier.

>The soundtrack was kind of limp

Its one of the best modern game soundtracks,i won't even ask you what are your favourite game soundtracks because i can smell your shit taste from a mile away.

Attached: DgGoDLFWkAAc46v.jpg (1194x1200, 124K)

>made a big deal out of it not looking like a mobile game anymore
>it still look like a mobile game
Huh

A lot of development hiccups evidently marred the general polish of the game, the graphics were a bleary mess (but again it was a step forward from their earlier builds in the cycle) and you could cheese 90% of the game with a lot of the starting level shards.
In the end, it's still a halfway decent 'castlevania' game and it certainly scratches the itch we've all been missing for awhile pretty well.

Attached: 1466684664799.png (616x804, 537K)

Bloodstained was as good if not better than the last few IGAVania's. So yeah, I liked it quite a bit. Can't wait to replay it for Halloween.

It's a great game but the switch port is cancer.

Did really well on PC. Switch version doesn't work and it's fucking over everyone else, delaying AAALLLLL the DLC until they can get it working.

It was ok, would like a sequel.

It was pretty fucking great. My second favorite metroidvania, and possibly my GOTY.

Bloodstained is the only fucking kickstarter game that I feel actually did what it set out to do. It was a Igavania with the serial numbers filed off and played exactly the way other games made by him did with no fucking bullshit strings attached.

Yooka-Laylee's levels were absolutely fucking attrociously fucking large with GODDAMN NOTHING TO DO, and before some fucking cunt asswipe comes in and says "durr hurr you just don't like Banjo" the levels in YL are pretty much what it would be like to play a proper Banjo games in levels the size of the worlds in N&B. It's outrageously large and completely not fun to play at all. The powers are also fucking stupid as hell and none of the collectibles lead you anywhere, they just kind of exist on ledges and shit well out of your way so trying to get 100% is just a fucking nightmare. I'm glad The Impossible Lair decided to just say "fuck it" and rip off Donkey Kong instead, because that looks a lot more like it has it's shit together.

Mighty Number 9 was also completely undone by it's own bullshit. Mighty Gunvolt Burst proved that if you get rid of the dumbfuck retarded dash mechanic and just make a ripoff Mega Man game you get an infintely more enjoyable experience then what you actually ended up with, and on that same note Gunvolt 2 making it to where you could damage enemies with Gunvolt's pistols instead of having to shock everything was fucking awesome too. The worst part about the dashing in MN9 is that I'm currently replaying it (found a copy of the Xbox One version for literally two fucking dollars) is that despite a billion fucking patches there is STILL no fucking actual indication of when you can dash through an enemy, which fucking sucks

>句愛い足
>"Phrase"
Oh... Ok...

Skullgirls
Shovel knight
Divinity orginal sin

Nah, it's Yamane weakest since Dawn of Sorrow, the jrpg tracks like Silent Howling and Gears of Fortune are utter trash too.

Maybe I'm misremembering SOTN because I played it when I was 9, and I'm 30 now, but BS has the most obscure shit.

Figuring out how to get the "True ending" with cutting the moon in the background was some asinine shit

Let me rephrase that, I meant the games like "Hey I'm Dick Faggotson and once upon a time I made [that game you liked as a kid] so I'm going to make a spiritual successor to it with absolutely none of the people who helped me back in the day" game like of the three I mentioned

>Maybe I'm misremembering SOTN
Yes, you do, Bloodstained is a giant sotn reference itself

Maybe they should have released it for a more powerful console instead, like android.

>despite a billion fucking patches there is STILL no fucking actual indication of when you can dash through an enemy
MN9 is trash, but this is just you being blind.
The enemies glow and change color to indicate when you can dash through them.

Oh yeah then fair enough

Yeah but if you're running and gunning they might change just in time before you hit them, I want to be jump an shoot man, not waddle along like a pussy "can i plz dash you now" man

The only asinine thing about Bloodstainted was the location of the armor to protect you from spikes. Cutting the moon was fairly obvious.

Finding that armor was preposterous

It was ok. The shard and item gathering was fun. The graphics were absolutely atrocious. Definitely no SOTN.

In SotN you had to: get the mist so you can get the bat so you can go to Olrox and get the sonar so you can go though the spiky and dark place so you can get the armor to go to Maria to get one ring and then you have to go kill you're succubus waifu to get the other, equip them at the clock and get the glasses which you have to wear for the Richter fight.

Yooka Kaylee was literally Banjo Tooie reskinned. You hipster faggots just can't handle it because you're pussies.

It wasn’t bad but it should have been better.
Whit this YoookaLeylee and especially Migthy No.9 there is one thing that has come to light tho.
The videogame directors are talented individual but man do they suck went it comes to keeping tabs on the budget this is the reason why publishers exist.
I have the suits using business language to sell lies just as much as anyone here but you can’t deny that having one of those around is not necessary not especially after all this games

they played it way too safe, it's not a bad game but it's literally just a straight sotn clone but 20 years later
cotm was a much better game because, while it also took inspiration from a classic, it still added it's own unique elements

And yet Yooka Laylee had horrible level design and terrible controls. Just being a spiritual successor doesn't mean it has the same polish and quality, YL was a lazy cashgrab

Are Castlevania games designed for children with infinite free time on their hands? How the fuck would an adult ever have the time to figure this shit out

but there's no feet. does she bare foot in the game or something.

Attached: 1496197989228.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Thought it was good. The most objectively dumb thing about the game is you don’t get the run ability until the second last area after you already walked through the giant area

Kawaii Ashi
Cute Feet

Oh, it was "可愛い足". Thanks.

exactly that. at that time only children and teenagers played games. they grew up and are the current manchildren retards of our times.

Attached: Shanoa.png (1194x1200, 769K)

fix the fucking switch port or I'll buy the Castlevania collection instead

it was pretty good, it's SOTN + Aria of Sorrow, it's what you expect from Igarashi games, and the OST is pretty damn good too

Honestly Mighty No 9 and Yooka Laylee aren't even as bad as people around here claim. They're just okay.

Great game. A shame the shitch is holding back the dlc.