Spend entire game helping princess and preventing primordial deity of chaos and darkness Ahriman from escaping

>Spend entire game helping princess and preventing primordial deity of chaos and darkness Ahriman from escaping
>Painstakingly cleanse the lands infected by Ahriman
>Have to fight against an animalistic sadist, slimy succubus, mad scientist who reigns over corruption and stoneskinned goliath.
>defeat them
>defeat Ahriman himself at the end
>
>Princess dies
>*snap*
>release Ahriman in exchange for her life, basically spitting on everything they worked for
Were writers high when they designed the plot for this game?

Attached: Prince-Of-Persia-Free-Download.jpg (748x1069, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MSjIwzRaMhY?t=188
twitter.com/AnonBabble

retard

The true Prince of Persia was the friends we made along the way

let me tell you about the carpets

Attached: .jpg (400x300, 91K)

Their relationship was perfect. I genuinely liked this game did you guys want a sequel of this or a real pop game?

Have you ever loved anyone, OP?

>he isn't even a prince

Is it set in Persian?

Dlc isn't on pc

I'm sure my loved ones wouldn't want me to release satan on steroids from its prison

Thank god. The ending was perfect, the dlc ruined it building up for a sequel that never happened

It doesn't fucking help that the DLC ends in a cliffhanger and because the game didn't sell as well as ass-creed we'll never know how it ends.

Isnt one where prince and zal fight against chaos technically a sequel?

The atmosphere of this game is fantastic, and the confrontation with the Mourning King and then listening to Ahriman whispering is legitimately perfect. A really well-implemented boss with the perspective flip, as well.

>Then let us live. Let us free.
>There is no reason to fear (to fight)
>I only wanted you to live (I only want to live!)
>Jailer! Torturer! A thousand years of pain!
>There must be an end!

youtu.be/MSjIwzRaMhY?t=188

What is this gay shit? This isn't Sands of Time.

desu, even in that nonsensical shitty ending, Ahrimans performance was superb and literal kino moment. I woudl say that ending was worth for that.
>"What candle will now shine in darkness, now that she's gone?"
>"Abandon this place, please, and when I will be free, she will be forgotten."
"What Injury I have done to you that you have not done to ME?"
>"Mine has been the imprisonment, Mine has been the pain!"
>"She is dead for eternity, but I will be Free!"
>"Fear not the night for it is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dreams."
>"Choose life, Choose death"
>"I shall be free and where then light will be?"
>"She has blinded you with her light, burned her will until it became yours"
>"Reclaim your destiny"
>"I will be f r e e!"
>"You Seek Justice? Banish Ormazd! Free me!"

Always liked this game. The prince and Elika have great designs, and it was fun to see the characters evolve over the course of their journey.

I want a new Prince of Persia with PoP 2008's artstyle, Sekiro level action combat (not necessarily with it's difficulty) and real challenging, free 3d platforming instead of the usual linear climbing crap

such an obvious recipe for an amazing an amazing game, yet it will never be made

Attached: prince_of_persia08_main.jpg (660x300, 66K)

>It is not that you cannot understand. It's that you do not even question!

Attached: the-alchemist-prince-of-persia-41.4.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Its a good ending thematically but very unsatisfying for your average player. The whole point is that you are sacrificing all your hard work for the one you you developed a relation with during it, and its worth to set the devil free and lose all that progress if she gets to live.

I think being an optional choice would have made people more accepting of this ending, and also framing the evil god (that i dont remember the name of) that he wont just kill everyone, making the option of saving her pointless.

Good game overall, but riddled with terrible decisions (the ending, "you cant die", linear platforming, etc...)

Elika is easily in top 10 of vidya girls

Yeah, it's an incredible moment. Like you said, it's just superb. It's so well-done, not just the cadence between the two voices but the whispers themselves are really well written, touching pretty much all of the game's themes. Ahriman is actually pretty persuasive if you listen to him.

He echoes the same threats/promises he used during the game ("offer me no resistance"), but then goes on to contrast the injustice of his imprisonment with the hypocrisy of Ormazd's expecting his followers to sacrifice themselves but doing nothing to help them. He even appeals both to the Prince's selfish love for Elika and wanting to have her back, and his more pragmatic side by pointing out that if his release is inevitable, then freeing Elika is the world's only chance and he can save her at the same time. Like with the Mourning King, he can have everything he wants... as long as he sets Ahriman free.

And that dialogue and VA work, incredible. Easily one of the most memorable conclusions to a game. I actually liked the ending

>Mine has been imprisonment.
Mine has been the pain.
>What injury have I done to you...
...that you have not done to me?

True, she cute!

Attached: file.png (627x1075, 1000K)

Cute cute CUTE!

why does he sound like nathan drake lol

Both.
I also liked the Sands of Time Trilogy, both series could co-exist.

God this game looked fucking gorgeous. I bought it launch day just for the graphics, and proceeded to 100% it in like 6 hours.

Are you autistic or have you never loved someone before?

He was in love with her and would have taken any risk to get her back. Was it dumb? Yeah. But you do dumb shit when you love someone.

It is a mystery.

>getting mad at story in a video game

I thought plot didn't matter.

My main problem with PoP 2008 wasn't the no-deaths thing but how simplistic the gameplay was and how padded the experience became.

Hunting light seeds was blatantly padding and the platforming was too rote and basic.

Good universe and story but wasn't a satisfying experience. Needed a sequel that changed things up.

But the Prince was right.

Which Games Soundtrack was better?
Sands of time, 2008, Forgotten sands, or The Two Thrones?

The entire game felt like a giant QTE. At least games like Uncharted or Batman try to make an effort at hiding how automated they are.

they were expecting to make a trilogy. but the game bombed

It always baffled me how much everyone hates this game. It's the second best modern PoP game after Sands of Time for me.

It's fun, it's brimming with atmosphere and it's got a dedicated button to just banter with the love interest. The Prince with Elika felt like the Sands of Time Prince with Farah, it was fantastic.

Unsatisfying non ending though.

It was very different from the main trilogy and featured different characters when people wanted more than the same. Now that it's been like a decade people have softened up on it and appreciate it for what it is but at the time people were expecting a new game in the same setting with the same characters and the same arcs and were mad that they didn't get it.

The combat was an acquired taste and the platforming was mainly busywork with no challenge involved.

I want a footjob from Elika's rough sandy feet

I fucking love the Sands trilogy. I play through those at least once a year. The controls and way it plays is so ingrained in me that trying to play this game throws me off. I tried playing it directly after playing the trilogy and couldn't do it. But I do remember playing it a long time ago near when it came out and I didn't think it was bad. I just think the trilogy is better.

Warrior Within.

yeah it was a good game, i still remember when trailer came out and i hated how it looked, but then i played and was hooked, 10/10, DLC ruined it

>Warrior Within.

Attached: 1561230896591s.jpg (219x250, 8K)

>*I fucking love the Sands Quadrilogy.

Attached: Prince_Of_Persia_Forgotten_Sands_Box_Artwork.jpg (220x281, 21K)

that's why they call it the forgotten sands

But you should still be willing to.

I definitely don't want anyone touching the Sands of Time timeline ever again. The trilogy(plus that one we all forgot about) is fine enough as is.
At best a light remaster to fix the combat in the first game, the ultra-edginess in the 2nd game, and remove chariot races in the third. But definitely no sequels/prequels, the prince's character arc is complete and there's nowhere interesting they could take him.
I wouldn't say no to a sequel to pop 2008 though, since that story is incomplete and I absolutely loved what they did with the animations. Collecting seeds also gave you a reason to use your full moveset and really explore those hubs. These games are linear by nature and should stay that way but the semi-open nature of just exploring and trying out all kinds of things to reach some seeds gives you a nice breather between the more linear sections.

I like it as a "tune out" game. It's almost like a rhythm game at low BPM, practically zero challenge but it looks beautiful, the soundtrack is nice and relaxing and those platforming animations are still amazing.
It's like tuning out and brainlessly grinding mobs for XP or drops in an RPG except you get no permanent in-game benefit. Still a nice way to just kill some time.

but my bro, there is literally nothing wrong with first games combat and second games edginess

>Godsmack is soi

What have we become?

>oh no my waifu is dead!
>I'll bring her back by releasing great evil that will ultimately kill us anyway!
so beautiful, like this if you've ever felt true love

Still have the PS3 version of this. Glad I kept it around. They don't really make games like this anymore.

The only thing that bothered me was Nolan North was cast for protagonist. It didn't seem fitting.

Idk, I don't really like the one-button combat with one button string. All your acrobatic options are great but it would be nice to have more things to do when you're not near a wall.
And jump-attack-attack is blatantly OP.

With the 2nd game's edginess I wouldn't remove it since it's an important part of the story. But I would want a slightly less edgy soundtrack and remove the screaming and shouting in combat. Keep the prince edgy and angry, sure, but some of those attack yells sound like they came straight out of a shounen anime.

Call me having a shit taste but this is my favourite Prince of persia, mostly because of my national dubbing polish . Beautiful world, great characters that actually have chemistry between them, and hearing the tone of the dialogs and how it is slowly changing at least in dub version was amzing to hear. I'm stil mad that we never get proper sequel. Fuck that wii game.

>DUDE, METAL IN A SETTING HAPPENING IN ANCIENT IRAN!
fffUCK OFF, pot head

I enjoyed it. Ending didn't bother me as you never really felt invested in the land in the first place. You were invested in the Prince and the gal.

Meh. Wouldn't free Satan for her.
They were probably just going for the controversy and leaving the door open for a sequel.

Didn't seem fitting at first, quite jarring in fact, but he started to feel less Nathan drake and more his own character over time.

Nolan North himself isn't too bad, it's just that everyone wants him to pay Nathan drake