>you're young
>you play Pikmin
>you love it
>you play Pikmin 2
>its even better
>you open a little pack of m&ms
>seperate them in groups by color
>Pretend you're a bulborb when you eat them
>make crying pikmin sounds in your head.

Attached: PikminSpecies.jpg (640x467, 32K)

But I was 16 when Pikmin came out

Baste

>play Pikmin 3
>no swarming
>BWA BWA BWAA BWAAAAA

That's pretty cool OP. I wish my love of games turned into playful stuff when I was young instead of writing shitty fanfiction.

Pikmin is the kino that keeps on giving

This. It's actually a shame that so few people have played it, it's a wonderful little series and I wish it got more traction.

>you're young
>you're eating M&Ms
>You remember the RULES OF NATURE
>HEAVEN OR HELL, LET'S ROCK

Attached: selective bread m&ms.jpg (628x839, 110K)

Same here. People really don’t know what they’re missing. Pikmin 4 fucking when?

I was with you until you pretended to be a borb
I would never imagine killing my plant buddies bro

Yeah it was really weird that you were still doing shit like that.

I want Louie in Smash.

Attached: 954DDBA4-AD52-4389-A72D-6ACDCE42D7AD.png (3000x3000, 3.32M)

Pikmin 4 never

I had a dream last night it was cancelled
Saddest shit

>Play pikmin 2 with my brothers constantly
Here's what we learned

1) Bitter spray is a hard counter to Spicy spray. If someone uses spicy spray in the fight, bitter spray ends it instantly. Only save spicy spray for hauling items, and don't use it in a fight unless you're trying to bait out the bitter spray.
2) Don't collect marbles immediately. Lure your opponent into a false sense of security by bringing them close to your onion, then rush them all in at the last minute.
3) Suicide bombing is devastatingly effective, and can be a game ender if you catch someone off-gaurd. If Louie or Olimar is running at you by themselves with a bomb, there's not much you can do by run away. The best you can hope for is that you find your own bomb while running, loop around, and then kill the pikmin they left unattended while chasing you.

Attached: 1226221489923.jpg (400x500, 52K)

>Pikmin2
>Better than Pikmin 1
Not a chance. Time-halting dungeons were a mistake

Based

Attached: izoR5m3.jpg (2338x2878, 1M)

ok alph

No it wasn't. They are both great. Pikmin 1 was awesome but it did what it was meant to do and Pikmin 2 expanded the gameplay. It was better with more pikmin and new monsters and abilities.

Attached: bulbalm.png (988x809, 303K)

Yes but we can all agree that out of the mainline games 3 was the worst

cute

Cringe

3 > 1 > 2 > literal shit > Hey!

You cannot refute this, cavefags.

Attached: IMG_20190916_125913.jpg (1024x576, 142K)

well I dunno about that

I can totally understand why some people woul dislike Pikmin 2

If you don't like the caves, you basically don't like the majority of the game

Someone post "Bupkip 2 was never good"

>「KING OF CARROT FLOWERS」

>34 years old
>still going on Yea Forums

user...

Attached: 1542520676626.jpg (400x440, 108K)

dont abuse the borblet

Subjective
1 > 2 > 3
Objective
2 > 3 > 1

You want me to screencap your post and send it to you when you're 34, or can you do it yourself?

I'm 30 next month :^), still shit posting here daily.

Caves are fun, but they take away the time aspect of the game, so the optimal strategy in caves is almost always "keep your pikmin by the ship and go spend 10minues clearing the place safely as a captain, then send in the pikmin to clean up or finish off anything a captain can't kill." Challenge Mode, caves with timers, was what caves should have been.

READ THE SIGN

Attached: don't forget you're here forever.gif (500x375, 77K)

This post, alongside the monumental balancing issues that Spicy spray, Bitter spray, and Purple fucking Pikmin brought to the table, is why 2 is objectively the worst Pikmin game.

It's not a bad game, but it's definitely not really a Pikmin game at its core.

>you're young
>you play Pikmin
>you love it
>you play Pikmin 2
>its even better
>you drop Pikmin 1 because it was too hard
>you play more Pikmin 2
>turns out you are just bad and it's not the games
>you lose a ton of Pikmin all the time
>you decide to use whites exclusively for kamikaze attacks on bosses, it doesn't work
>you stop playing Pikmin altogether for 2 years because you develop PTSD after the many deaths
>come back to it now better at videogames in general
>finally redeem yourself and almost never lose Pikmin
>still afraid of losing Pikmin
>spend days and days IRL just boosting up Pikmin numbers in the awakening woods
>finish the game in October 2006 then go back to Pikmin 1 and win that one too
>2007 and 2008 you are waiting for Pikmin 3 replaying Pikmin 2 all the time
>2008 you discover the "Pikmin 3 ideas" videos
>spend 4 years looking up Pikmin 3 news everywhere to see if you may have missed any
>7 years later Pikmin 3 finally comes out, only reason you had a wii u
>finish it in less than a week, immediately crave Pikmin 4
>6 years later and still waiting for Pikmin 4

How are Pikmin threads the most wholesome?

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 627K)

Liking Pikmin 2 better than Pikmin 1 makes no sense if you like Pikmin for the right reasons. If you only like it for the gameplay, sure, Pikmin 2 is way better. If you understand what made Pikmin 1 great, maybe even 3 is kinda better than 2.

Attached: 1526753066465.jpg (245x245, 10K)

What level of autism is this?

It’ll happen to you too faggot

You're here forever user. Even the Zoomers will have the next wave of shits calling them old on this shithole.

I had to play and beat Pikmin 3 in one irl day because I had to go somewhere else for a week the next day
I should replay it at some point and finally do all the challenges

>No piklopedia for enemies in 3
>Just fruit
Downgrade.

pikmin 3 deluxe coming out next year

>mfw watching perfect Pikmin

Attached: 1567907021623.jpg (1024x622, 73K)

yeah....it's bound to happen sooner or later....along with the pikmin 1+2 switch port and Metroid Prime Trilogy on switch....right.....?

Attached: son just go ride your bike.jpg (184x184, 6K)

lel

It's a cozy series that's mostly focused on exploring an alien world with your naturalist captain. It's in the same vein as high budget national geographic animal shows, in vidya format.

This might be the most retarded thing I’ve read all day. Get your shit together, dude

it's honestly pretty retarded that they didn't release the latter with all the hype for Ridley and Dark Samus in smash

His wording is retarded but he's right

You could pretend to be Louie instead. Same thing.

I kind of agree. 2 had a lot of expansions but barely any of them were good. The addition of semirandom "dungeons" make the game feel less cohesive, ruining the punch a lot of bosses had in Pikmin 1, and makes the world design oddly bland. The sense of discovery mixed with the hurry is gone too, the relaxed but insistent day timer was a good thing in 1. I still like 2 a lot, though. Haven't played 3 yet.

Louie being a psychopath is very good.

I was about 11. I had a ps2 and gtaiii, my friend had a GameCube and pikmin. I played pikmin all night and he played gta3. only made it to the cave level

The only thing that made the world design bland in 2 was the reusing of maps, and even still they were very well remixed for the game. The addition of more human elements in Pikmin 2 was a cool aspect, especially in the caves. It really made you feel small

I would say reusing the maps wasn't the problem, it's that the overworld is so little of the game that none of it sticks. I have the Pikmin 1 and 3 maps committed to memory because they're required to know well for a successful run. The majority of 2's gameplay is in randomized, all-look-the-same cave floors. I barely remember the 2 overworld layout as a result.

Yes, I agree. The usage of brands and stuff was very smart (didn't P1 have subtle human elements, though? It's been a while), but I really feel like there's no proper gluing in this world. The caves didn't seem to follow the same scale as the rest of the world, in a sense, and I really don't like the segmented/more "arcade" vision they give to this game that is very exploratory in its nature.

Oh, Pikmin 3 follows the first game's style of design? That's tight, can't wait to keep waiting for a Switch release

I have 2's maps committed to memory because it let me spend so much time just messing around. My oldest save (all the way back from 2004) is at 64 days. I don't remember 1 and 3's maps as well because I never actually owned 1, just rented it and only played 3 once before beating it and going back to 2
there are some subtle hints in 1 like the skull in Distant Spring and the cardboard boxes

See, a lot of people enjoy the unlimited day feature of 2, and while 3's may be non-existent once you get better, it does force you to explore with deliberate intent. Exploration means something because getting things done in time is crucial to success. Committing things to memory is vital. In 2, however, not memorizing things doesn't penalize you. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, there's no incentive to force it all to stick.

Oh, you ran out of time to do that today? Eh, whatever. Not like there's anything stopping you from taking forever to do it. That's the core appeal of Pikmin to me at least - when we first get our hands on Pikmin 4 some day, it's gonna (hopefully) be a rough road at first, but on subsequent playthroughs the gap between the deadline and your progress will grow. In Pikmin 2 there is no deadline and thus, no real measure of improvement unless you want to beat your own day-duration, which is fine, but there's no real incentive to do that from the start.

my wording is retarded because my english is shit... And the way I said was kind of meant to be little like a joke, but not really since I really mean it.

Yess, that serene kind of pastoral exploration, but with the timer and all the things you need to learn and shit

Ideally Pikmin 4 will let you choose between unlimited days, or unlocking them like in 3.

Attached: greypikmin.png (1200x923, 1.21M)