Let's finish this list

let's finish this list

Attached: 1568900124559.jpg (1728x1008, 288K)

Dark Souls 2

ODST

based retard

Take specs ops out first dumbass

Shit list, no Ghost Tri-
>its actually there
BASED

>Dark Souls
>Not Demons' Souls

Garry's mod

Persona 5 and BOTW

Deus Ex original

DeS has better level design, but do you really think that it's more artistic?

Great idea, what should the entries be under "Devices" and "Themes"? Not sure about the devices, but for themes I'd say "global conspiracies, skepticism, individuality".

Subnautica. Themes of our relationship with nature. Human supremacy vs co-existence.

Ace Combat Zero

Attached: 1491783843926.png (960x501, 314K)

A good learning to let go game

Attached: HellbladeSenuasSacrifice_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 193K)

spec ops the line is garbage. the impossible level design is cool though. but christ, the story is hamfisted and terribly presented

Morrowind.
Western Roleplaying

Devices: Alien culture, Exploration

Themes: Hindu ideology, messiah ideology, natural spiritualism, exploring the metaphysics of nature

Absolutely based and Morrowindpilled.

The only fault of the game is that you have no choice on refusing to do certain actions (which they should have added so that they lead to a certain death and game over screen), thus the "look at what you did" motive doesn't make the most sense.

NieR:
Devices: Post-apocalypse, Genre-shifting, Multiple endings, Hidden lore
Themes: Multiple perspectives, Man’s inability to understand each other, the belief in one’s own ethical superiority

To present somewhat of a case
>Devices: Skies (Seeing the world from Above), Demon Motifs, Fantasy Motifs, Word of Mouth, Duels
>Themes: Finding Purpose in War, Nationalism/Borders, Peace, Legend

I'm sure I'm missing some, but those are some of the ones I came up with off the top of my head.

Attached: 1555697389090.jpg (642x2442, 1.54M)

How do you define "artistic" though? I think the atmosphere of DeS was a lot more powerful than DaS and the game itself was a lot more experimental being the first. DaS is arguably the better game but it's a lot more refined which to me makes it less artistic. I dunno, maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

>How do you define "artistic" though?
That's a tough question, I guess that I would describe something artistic as something that makes you contemplate and that also looks and feels really sublime. DaS gets the edge over DeS in my opinion because of the interconnected world (which DeS is lacking), the themes (that are closely related to the bonfires), the overall lore (it's not spelled outright but it's way more existent than the lore in DeS) etc.
Though I do think that nothing in DaS is on the level of 5-3 when it comes to the artistic value and I do agree that DeS is way more experimental.
What do you think of Bloodborne? That game has some really artistic segments (especially the DLC content), but there are some really terrible areas and bosses.

What about pic related

Also y'all forgot Ico

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 67K)

Persona 3

Papers Please
Devices: Cold War imagery, terrorism, authoritarianism, increasing regulations
Themes: loyalty to family, empathy, nationalism, corruption

Attached: 068C4B61-EA1C-44A9-A163-15424AE097B3.jpg (460x215, 21K)

Bioshock
Journey

>spec ops
>artistic
I'm not sure I'd call that boring shitfest art

Much appreciated user. Morrowind, I'm afraid will be the only one that really dives deeps into these kind of themes. More reason it should be on the list

Yeah, I can't think of any other games that have topics and lore as crazy as the ones in Morrowind

I like Bloodborne a lot but like you I thought it was a mixed bag. Some of it is amazing and then you've got places like Hemwick which are completely forgettable and honestly while the lore and dream stuff was great I though the world itself was a bit generic.

>spec ops

Attached: 1556458491028.png (1687x964, 942K)

Hemwick was actually one of the better areas, I was thinking of shit like the lecture building, nightmare frontier or the first part of Yahar'gul
>the world itself was a bit generic
I didn't, you might say it's a generic victorian era setting but then Souls would be a generic fantasy setting.

still got my dreamcast copy of rez

but it's shit on purpose! you just don't get it, I'm smarter than you because I like worse games than you do!

So the "I'm a pretentious twat" list?

I suppose that's true, I think I'm just the sort of person that really prioritizes the feeling and atmosphere of a setting and Gothic cities just don't work for me. It's been a while since I played so maybe my memory is a bit off but I remember liking Yahar'gul a lot, places that should be busy but are almost completely abandoned and have signs that something terrible has happened really put me on edge.

>Reddit Ops

Can this meme end already?

Attached: 1544206286793.jpg (674x670, 77K)

>places that should be busy but are almost completely abandoned and have signs that something terrible has happened really put me on edge.
Yahar'gul nailed that with the second half (where you see statues of petrified people), but the first half has the bell maidens that respawn enemies and also the spot with the 3 NPC hunters (I'll never understand who thought putting 3 of them in the same place is a good idea).

>tetris
>spec ops
>super metroid
>artistic
fucking what, dont get me wrong super metroid is pretty fucking good but I wouldnt call it artistic

Katamari series.

>Ghost Trick
very based

Oh no. Because I dislike the game, I now look really stupid. Dammit

try just katamari damacy, why would you put the whole series there?

super metroid has god tier minimalism and its metroidvania world is also very well designed

find a room, you two

That's right. You wish you had taste as bad as mine.

What about pic related and DMC 3?

Attached: Resident-evil-cover.jpg (640x908, 88K)

Oh when you said first part I thought you were talking about the whole area the first time you visit it. I completely forgot about that room until you mentioned it, it was a nightmare for me too, but the area at the start where you wake up from being snatched and can hear all the chanting was great too.

>I thought you were talking about the whole area the first time you visit it
I'm guessing you were talking about the Hypogean Gaol, the optional area which you can miss unless you get killed by those snatcher enemies in the bottom of the Cathedral Ward. That area is top tier when it comes to the atmosphere (in that regard it's probably the best area in the game next to Research Hall), but yeah, I was talking about the "normal" Yahar'gul which you visit after the red moon starts.

Spec Ops The Line doesn't belong on the list. Deus Ex does.

System Shock

Finished

Attached: Truly Artistic Games.png (1728x1008, 995K)

zoom zoom

>still has spec ops on it
troll list

>MPW
Babby's first "artistic" game.

Highly based and supremely epic

3's probably closer with its complete dedication to its presentation style and mgs2 ending.

How about Umineko?

You can flesh out some of the current entries. If DS deserves to be there, so does Demon's Souls. Likewise with Silent Hill and Pathologic 2.

Replace Dark Souls with Demon Souls.
Add Deus Ex.

devices: gothic horror, descent into hell, dungeon crawl, Tristram
themes: corruption, fear, evil, madness

Attached: diablo.png (387x271, 83K)

Who cares if games or movies are art or not they're are entertainment.

Is 1 really that better than 2?

>SoTC is artistic but not Ico
huh

What would be the themes and devices for deus ex and demon's souls?

Add killer Killer7, SMT:Nocturne, and Rez.

i unironicly dont get what autistic means in that context

This
And trade Spec Ops for
And its a pretty good list, Spec ops is decent, but having a plot twist does not make it artistic.

Games with ludo narative dissonance.

oh its ARTistic shit fuck me.
Well i dont know if sequels fit in their, then. Beside mgs2 which was post modern subversion sequels are more driven by money, not art. Like how iis Super metroid artistic iin anways? If anything is artistic iit would be metroid 2 because it tryed to be more story heavy on a weaker device

Add Megaman X.

Take Dark Souls off, add Demon Souls.

Why are there so many autistic posers pretending Demon Souls is better than Dark Souls? where do you people come from? Is there a youtuber shilling that garbage or something?

SOMA

Devices:
>Mind scanning/mind uploading
>artificial intelligence
>virtual reality
Themes:
>Identity
>Consciousness
>Medical Ethics
>Value of Simulations

Attached: Soma.jpg (616x353, 27K)

maybe i'm biased but fuck you WHERE'S STALKER

>Deus Ex
devices: espionage, role-playing, open-ended environments, realism, dialogue options
themes: transhumanism, globalism, secret societies, conspiracy theory, technological ethics

>Demon's Souls
devices: messages and phantoms, penalty on death, obscurity, NPC interaction
themes: fall of empires, despair, undeath, moral greyness, futility

STALKER is not an artistic game.
>or a good game, for that matter
The developers very intentionally threw out all the themes of the (actually artistic) source material so that they could better focus on making bugs

Attached: roadside.jpg (975x1388, 84K)

Who are you quoting?

I'm quoting your dad. Terrible eurojank is usually the subject of our pillow talk. He's a fucking weirdo.

Go get defensive somewhere else, fag. Don't pretend you think that's funny, have some self-respect.

Darkest Dungeon

The narrator's voice still resonates within my skull

>espionage, realism
>deus ex
Seriously now?

Silent Hill's only """artistic""" to pretentious retards, doubly so for 2; I wager the person that made this list never even played the others because they don't have the "muh art" reputation, and furthermore, I wager they barely know anything about Silent Hill 2 aside from what they've been groupthinked in to "knowing."

Shit game, but man, was it nice to see them use the guy who read all the lovecraft stories.

Put ICO and Pathologic 2 on there.

>mild banter
>accidentally make a stranger cry on the internet
I'm sorry, user

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

you are entirely wrong
stalker is one of the best games to ever exist, and if you can't see that, you are fucking dead inside and nothing will ever bring you true joy

Not the guy pushing for demon's souls. I think Dark Souls improved on nearly every aspect of the formula, from combat to upgrades to boss design, but Demon's Souls feels like a more complete game with a more unique feel. The atmosphere is fantastic and it's filled with extremely memorable moments.

it's just okay
most of the content ranges from meh to plain bad without massive overhaul mods, and ultimately there's little artistic merit to the game outside of the its faithful recreation of the landscape & NPP itself

>banter
Again, get some self-respect.

go kill yourself before i do it for you

cringe

this whole thread is massive cringe. kids toys are not art

you have to go back

REmake and Majora's Mask

>and it's filled with extremely memorable moments
Can you name some? I don't find the game as memorable as you do.

what is missing
>Ace Combat Zero
>Batman AA
>Bioshock
>Deus Ex
>DQ5
>LoZ MM
>Nier Automata
>Okami
>Panzer Dragoon Saga
>Rayman Origins
>REmake
>scribblenauts
>Shadow Hearts
>Shenmue II
>Dark Souls
>Star Wars KotOR 2
>VtMB
>TW3

There you go, your list is all done

Kotor 1, not 2

>Batman AA
>Scribblenauts
>TW3
Poor bait
I also bet you couldn't summarize the reasons for naming those games.

Batman AA has the atmosphere and why Batman just keeps doing any of it
Scribblenauts is unfettered creativity
TW3 is the unglamourous life of what’s it’s really like to be a monster slayer and how fairy tales aren’t like what people really tell you. I’m not baiting, I genuinely believe they’re up there.

Maiden Astraea boss fight is the most artistic thing there is in vidya

leave this board, zoomer

>metroid
How the fook is that even remotely artistic
>ghost trick
About as artistic as your average anime

>"fook"
>comparing ghost trick to an average anime
zoom zoom

Undertale.

>i don't like your opinions therefore you are zoomer
Neck yourself.

Asura's Wrath

Devices: Betrayal, hinduism, sacrifice, cinematic gameplay
Themes: Camaraderie, selflessness, family, personal ideals, first impression labels

KOTOR II should obviously be up there.