Cube World

Steam keys now available, check your old picroma login and claim your steam key in the "MY GAMES" section, everyone

Cube World thread. What are you guys rolling for your first character?

Attached: cw.jpg (460x215, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wol_lay/status/1174648040000561154
github.com/humanova/cw_datamine/blob/master/cw_demo/entity/demo_entities.txt
pastebin.com/biBwXDKH
github.com/CWTesseract/win7fix/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>every zone has its own progress
>you restart every time you change zone
Please, deconfirm this.

Attached: 1523099446532.jpg (690x706, 39K)

Why would I play this unfinished pile of shit when I can play Trove which is the same shit but mmo and more fun and has 1000x more content?

>but mmo
You answered your own question.

But I prefer playing with friends. Housing and guild worlds building is great.
Cube world is a single player mmo. I would be ok if it had a story like final fantasy or whatever. But it don't. It's a single Player mmo.

Can I get a torrent link?

Remember that Germany is 6-9 hours ahead of US time and they never specified when exactly the beta would start. It could be at midnight German time, so be prepared to play late on Sunday.

All we have right now is guessing because of wording, but remember that all text in the game for quests is generated from the grammar system Wollay made. So obviously quests where you obtain an item are going to say that it is for the area you obtained it in. Logically, think of it like this. If you are flying using your glider off a cliff at the border of the zone into the next. What would happen? Would your Glider disappear? That would just seem silly, right? What about quests which want you to go to another zone? Would you need to spend a few hours gathering up gear again to be able to do that? How would the game handle going from a later zone back to zone you started in? Is late game gear worthless there? Not to mention the fact that everyone starts in a random place, so it isn't like there is a clear progression either. We will just have to wait and see how gear and items function in other zones, but it would be pretty silly if was always a restart no matter where you went.

rolling the same as always,undead water mage

Attached: 1503831222504.jpg (2560x1600, 1.79M)

Cube World is multiplayer and each area in the game has procedurally generated lore and quests. What the fuck are you on about?

Attached: 1415599055566.gif (500x700, 972K)

this game has optimization issues

twitter.com/wol_lay/status/1174648040000561154
I will now buy your game.

your face has optimization issues

yeah, but i still have a girlfriend, so i don't care.

>trove
>content

Attached: 88630396.png (370x370, 17K)

I just hope it was worth the wait

Attached: 1558250683294.jpg (499x514, 164K)

shit like this annoys me

I think it's hilarious that the languages still aren't properly labeled in the beta, for those wondering it's just numerical values.

Sweet, hated that this wasn't an option in BotW. Wish it had some gameplay significance though, like how much your pet likes you increases it's damage.

It does and I don't know why. I more then make the recommended specs and the game not only has trouble loading, but there is cursor lag. This is everyone as well. I can only hope that once in the actual game it will be better, but it's kind of worrying. 64 bit engine rewrite and it's a downgrade from Alpha's performance?

thanks fren

Attached: 1305185182380.jpg (610x716, 44K)

What languages are in the game anyway?

Is there any info about the game supporting mods ?

I'm not sure since the beta right now is just one screen since it doesn't go live until the 23rd for alpha buyers, but aside from english i'd assume all your usual ones, when the beta goes live i'll probably make a thread listing a handful of changes from the alpha.

It won't have steam workshop support and the game likely won't support much. People will have to make their own modding platform and find a way to inject code into the game for anything major.

Why would anyone ever play an inferior copy of Minecraft?

Because it isn't anything like Minecraft besides being blocky?

thank you ,lets hope vanilla beta cube world is good

stop responding to this bait, we literally have it multiple times every thread

Attached: jontron seethe.gif (453x337, 160K)

i will play cube world when i want to explore and quest with friends and i will play minecraft when i want to build and i will play terraria when journey's end comes out

Attached: bury.png (400x410, 132K)

when was the last time you played trove? game sucks real bad

who /dickass thief/ here?

Human ninja with a katana reporting in

Skele-bro ninja reporting in although i might try assassin

Maybe later. I played Rogue way too much in Alpha and while I want to see how well Assassin performs compared to Ninja now. I think seeing if Warrior can actually hold it's own compared to the other classes is a better idea.

Going to try out Boomerang Scout first.

Should've bought the game, new kid.

Give it a day or two.

I already did, but I no longer have the email I used to get scammed way back when. I aint paying for that shit twice.

It's not even out/playable till the 23rd. It's just a title screen right now.

Even if you can't use the email, all that matters is that you can login in the picroma site. See if it's in your password history by chance, that's how I got back in

If you can't log in you could email picroma support.

>Paying for it once
This is why you don't ever pay for indie shit when it's not in full release.

warrior got a lot of QoL shit based on the teases we've seen
>cyclone blocks attacks now
>tank specs can now taunt so aggro won't be taken off them, and they have a heal too
>damage specs have that rock fist dash that deals massive fucking damage

That's the first and last time I made that mistake

>game releases on the 30th
>go back to uni next week

Attached: 1560192253825.jpg (790x819, 254K)

23rd dumbass

They just updated the steam page. Full release, not beta, is on the 30th

30th for non alpha players.

Don't have the Beta? We don't know if it's going to be the 30th or not. Could be later actually. Before beta was announced, I thought it was going to release either the 28th or the 5th.

Welp, that's sooner then I thought.

>tfw dropping out of uni next week

Attached: 1523735234314.png (1228x1228, 1.81M)

And he still hasn't updated the website like he said he wanted to before the game comes out. He'd better get on that fast.

So how will Cube World servers work?
Can I transfer characters or will I have to start from scratch with each server?

>game coming out the 30th
why won't he let us preorder the game?

How many players can you get in a multiplayer server? Two at most?

You spawn in a random land of an infinite seed. You join multiplayer, you can teleport to someone else. You finish the multiplayer session, you go back to the land you were in. Apparently character progress is confined to each land

i'm speculating 4

I think he is waiting for the 23rd because he plans to list all the features off, he is being... really secretive with the skill system and some other stuff so that is leading to believe he is purposely hiding features from us to discover

I want to know what changes were made to the knuckles/fist weapon type.

I mained a dual wielding 2H Human Warrior the entire alpha. Anybody remember that hilarious 2H weapon in each hand bug? Slam would pretty much ANNIHILATE anything that moved with that bug. Hope it wasn't fixed.

I remember I really liked the ninja class, but I’m gonna see how everything’s changed first.

There's been some datamining of the beta. Not sure how thorough, or if the beta is even carrying all the relevant data
github.com/humanova/cw_datamine/blob/master/cw_demo/entity/demo_entities.txt

Attached: ss+(2019-09-19+at+08.30.54).png (774x110, 8K)

So far it's looking like 4, so you can have every class. Should be easily changeable. He's still not shown what it looks like for party UI, last one we saw was before the massive UI change and that was still back in 2015.

>mfw ninja with a longsword and dagger

Attached: 1454334744495.gif (500x281, 966K)

I thought this game was dead..?

>Fire Breath
>Lava puddle
These are enemy skills I think. Lava puddle sucked shit for melee, 2 seconds standing in it and you would die.

is the bow class fun? i want to be frog archer

game is shit. here's my steam key

B74RP-0H030-9T2QT

Bow is pretty good. Going to be much better because of Shadow Sniper and Quicksand trap depending on spec.

>too late

Attached: 1529452796104.png (500x500, 351K)

If you were a ninja and just held down right click you'd forever dodge the puddle while spamming 100 mana specials, shit was broken as fuck

pastebin.com/biBwXDKH
heres all the shit that was datamined the day you could download the shit

Human warrior with 2 Greatswords, 2 Hammers, 2 Maces equipped,or any combination of the 2.

Attached: 1565622187179.gif (498x278, 1.12M)

>B74RP

Attached: 1479779118686.png (552x543, 358K)

>Sewers
Oh yeah, Wollay did say that Capital Cities would have a sewer we could explore and it was a full dungeon thing. I'm glad that was kept in. People tend to forget about that sort of thing when building massive cities in Minecraft and the like. I remember only one modpack had a functional sewer and drainage thing and that was Tolkeincraft.

>snail houses

Attached: question 2.png (314x278, 129K)

>has a datamined skill list
>assassinate is still in
ok good. the poison skill looks nice but I need my *teleports behind you* bullshit

>Spirit world
Fucking shit, I didn't think that is what the portal the Druids opened was for, I thought it was just a fast travel teleport thing to a new random location you hadn't been to. But it does make sense, since the leader is dead. So kind of Emerald Dream like thing going on.

>Dragons
Sweet, more giant bosses.

just remember that more shit is probably gonna get added in with the update that makes the game actually playable.

>"capital was destroyed by a meteor"
Welp, that explains the craters sometimes.

>more shit is probably gonna get added in with the update that makes the game actually playable.
yeah, more shit in another 6 years due to m-muh perfectionist. the game will probably give you 100s of solid hours, but will be dead if the modding community doesn't save it.

>Game is only 500MB and has this many references to shit
How? How is it possible to have all of this in that low a file size?

idk, the dude is a software engineer with german autism.

>inb4 the whole reason why it took 6 years was wollay being autistic about getting the filesize down to an absurd size

There were references to bullet and gun models I don't know if it's in the datamine that was posted though, so rangers might actually be able to use the guns if you fight the steel empire.

Well, we don't know if that is for players or not. Games have to reference the models for NPC use too. There are plenty of skills in the list which are obviously not for the player.

I hope we can use them, but I heard Fire Run was temporarily disabled

Even if we can't use them someone will probably make a mod that let's us use them like how someone enabled the laser spell for mages to use in the alpha

Alpha also claimed multiplayer was "2-4 players," but alpha servers have been shown to hold 50+ players with no problems so long as the server's specs are good, so it's likely going to be similar for the full release, albeit with the addition of performance issues people have mentioned. One thing I've noticed is a major CPU usage spike every 10 seconds like clockwork on the main menu using Windows 7. I'm hoping it's confined to the title screen and won't occur during gameplay, especially since there's nowhere reliable to post bug reports right now. Both the Steam forums and Discord are flooded with children who only respond with ignorant, off-topic posts like 'who still even uses windows 7 xD' and 'old thing bad!!!'

Attached: 1568145735580.png (1135x720, 80K)

if i remember right you were able to have more than 4 players on one server, it's just that you didn't see their health bar on the top screen

>but alpha servers have been shown to hold 50+ players with no problems so long as the server's specs are good, so it's likely going to be similar for the full release, albeit
no, wollay rebuilt the whole system, it won't hold 50 to a server anymore

Source?

Not him, but it's probably wollay himself posting.
The obvious shilling and knowledge of content is pretty blatant.

It's been shown that you can somehow manipulate the files to get past the title screen and walk around. Has anyone here attempted doing this yet? I don't speak computer.

It doesn't seem to just be a 7 issue. Everyone is reporting cursor lag and other odd things happening. 10 users are also crashing every so often and 8.1 is such a small sample size that no one can say if they are having issues or not, it's just getting drown out because "can't say anything bad or Wollay will disappear again."

That's not Wollay's typing style, the odds of any random user being him is virtually nil even if he posted on Yea Forums to begin with, which is itself incredibly unlikely given how excessively sensitive he is to people hurting his feelings over the internet, he didn't shill CW in his post like you said he did, and
>knowledge of content
is only true if it's, well, true. Pulling baseless statements out of one's ass =/= knowledge of content. Check the CW Discord and you'll see literal children doing this every hour without fail

imagine falling for this retarded bait

>oh yeah i got ddosed and as an adult male i got traumatized and thats why i never updated the game so now give me your money again since i've ran out of it

Lol, how cucked and bluepilled people can be?

wow that looks like it has no gameplay value whatsoever

whatever you say wollay

it's been known for a long time that wollay reworked the engine. there was a compliation of his tweets somewhere on reddit
>REEE SHILLING WHY IS THERE AN INDIE THREAD
You're the reason why Yea Forums is shit these days

I'm not contesting that Wollay rebuilt a lot of systems, some of them multiple times over. I'm just asking for your source on
>no matter what, servers will refuse to allow 50 player connections
as well as a source saying what the exact cap truly is. Alpha also said it was capped at 4, but in reality it wasn't

this shit has to be guaranteed bait at this point

well that's just user talking out of his ass then. The only part of that's true is that Wollay completely rebuilt the game from scratch.

BUT PETTING LE EPIC DOGE
CANT WAIT UNTIL MY REDDIT BROS PET DOGE WITH ME LMAO

>h-he rebuilt the game from scratch!
>how do you know?
>h-he t-t-told me! he would never lie!
Fucking retard Cuck World supporters being bitches of this german asshole once again. Absolutely disgusting, learn how to tell when someone is trying to rip you off

Attached: lol.png (610x520, 29K)

literally how does someone spending their money on a game six years ago affect you? It sounds like you're an obsessed TOR-tanic fag.

Of course it is you retard. People keep replying to it. its easy replies. Stop fucking entertaining the spergs who dont care about videogames and are only here to shit it up.

How is anyone ripping me off when Im getting an updated version of a product I got for free 6 years ago? Please tell me how I specifically, am being ripped off in this scenario. You come into every thread with your IMAGINE posting, and your RIPOFF posting, and you never give a single kernel of valuable information into how anyone is getting ripped off when they are receiving the product they already paid for.

Back in the Alpha days we had a group of 10 in a server. Only the first 4 would show health bars. You could see everybody in the map though.

It's a reply but not the kind of one they were looking for so it's okay.

No, you're wrong. They are looking for any kind of attention and any reply no matter whether its calling it bait, or falling for it, is just that. Stop replying to them.

When I launch it, it doesn't even go to the main menu, nothing happens except for Steam saying I'm playing a game for a split second.

You're on Win 7 and need the fix. Look in the FAQ, it's the top post.

it should only show you a menu because the beta isn't "out" yet. all that people have right now is some datamining based on the preliminary download.
the only major issue people have is windows 7 fucking up the game

github.com/CWTesseract/win7fix/releases
just drop the .dll's into your folder and it will work if you're on win7

steam integrating system only allows 4 players in games

That still doesn't sound right, since games like Terraria now can use Steam integration and have many more players then that.

no, you're wrong.

it'll probably be 4 in the base game, but mods will easily remove the limit just like it did in the alpha
this shit is true for just about every game like terraria and isk of rain