Is AoD Underrated, Yea Forums?

Tomb Raider: the Angel of Darkness is my favourite game in the series

Positives:

-Art direction
-Soundtrack
-Mood and atmosphere
>Voice acting (especially Eckhardt)
>Intriguing and dark (not Hollywood "dark", proper lovecraftian shit) story

Despite its questionable level design and sub-par controls I think this game is bordering on being a masterpiece. If Core were given a few months to polish it up it'd be universally praised imo. It is true that a major reason for me loving this game is that I love its concepts more than I do its execution, but there are still elements present in the game itself that all add up to it being a good game.

Any other AoD fans here?

Attached: angel of darkness.jpg (310x445, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/tombraideraoddecompiling/modifications/executable-mods/fixed-controls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It fucking sucks and is buggy as hell. The platform section with those moving pillars is so poorly designed that it's RNG and you just have to hope you can cheese it. I think it was called Hades something.

It wasn't underrated, it was just fucking shit.

I don't necessarily think it was the best in the series but I did like it more than most people
reading all those development documents and ideas about possible sequels makes me sad

Murti Schofield's lore notes are so great. So much depth to everything and it's interesting seeing how the story was developed and changed over time. He and the rest of the writing team really went all in and it shows in the final product (though it should have done more than just show if the story wasn't cut up)

Rightfully considered one of the worst games of all time

There's a patch on PC that fixes the controls and it goes a long way towards improving things.

The middle chunk of AoD is actually pretty good. The Lourve, the ancient tomb and the hall of seasons would have been fondly remembered if they were in any of the other games.

It's my favourite TR game too. I marathoned through classic games, kinda burned out of them and AoD was like a breath of fresh air.
Lara was really hot and she worked really good in urban environment with all those social interactions.

Attached: frozen_in_time_by_michelemouse-dc35h0v.png (1190x2100, 2.5M)

>wears double holsters
>no dual wielding
I can deal with the bugs and crappy controls but this made me genuinely mad

It introduced a male playable protagonist for the series, but got completely dropped from it after this.

What the hell, it's a piece of shit.

It's not a very well designed game. That said, it has peak Lara design and is excellent for speedrunning.

Because it was a terrible idea. Tomb raider is all about Lara.

Attached: angel_of_darkness_by_adayka-dce7mr2.jpg (2934x3978, 2.63M)

Here's the link to the patch. It fixes the controls and restores some graphical effects missing from the PS2 version.

The biggest improvements is that it fixes the bug where Lara has to walk before she can run and it increases her movespeed in general. It also fixes the bug where Lara can't use any of her moves on stairs.

Forgot the fucking link

sites.google.com/site/tombraideraoddecompiling/modifications/executable-mods/fixed-controls

I still think Angel of Darkness is the most visually appealing Tomb Raider game.

Attached: 225020_screenshots_20180328205524_1.jpg (1360x703, 804K)

Attached: 225020_screenshots_20171213231836_1.jpg (1360x705, 595K)

What could heve been is irrelevant. What we got was a badly crafted unfinished mess.
So no, it's not underrater

I want the real Lara back.
Come back og Lara!!!!

Attached: 225020_screenshot.jpg (1920x1200, 230K)

aaaahahahaah now we are talking

Wouldn't say I'm a fan, it has more than it's share of flaws, but I still found a way to enjoy it when it came out. It was pretty cool for me at the time.

Call me crazy but I feel that Tomb Raider games should be about raiding tombs.

Attached: 0110.gif (415x235, 1002K)

Attached: Tomb Raider AoD - artwork 191.jpg (626x894, 171K)

Attached: Tomb Raider AoD - artwork 131.jpg (1116x800, 206K)

Attached: Tomb Raider AoD - artwork 196.jpg (615x1044, 348K)

lmao are you a boomer, that looks ugly af