*does nothing*

*does nothing*

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Taimanin Steam Massacre

*makes more lootcrates and shitty skins for csgo*

I wonder just how much the steam market makes? I bet the market is why gabe hasn't made any major moves, because Epic will never be able to emulate this

Hey Gabe what about Hal..
>Cancelled
Leaves

Did Valve already abandon Artifact? I heard about them working on some big patch but that was half a year ago.

*still wins*
epic fags btfo

*makes mad dosh*

Can anyone stop his reign?

Attached: B9F04895-E610-493F-9603-B5FB2D7FECC8.jpg (492x1024, 77K)

He's rich as fuck, he simply doesn't care anymore.

>currently playing 126
>all time peak 60k
What do you think? They missed the shot with that, playerbase statrted declining after 1 week

>he doesnt know

Attached: doors.jpg (1000x1000, 41K)

Now this is a thread.

Why would he need to do anything? Valve does all the work for him. They're also announcing their first VR game in the next months. I wonder what kind of game they think could actually get people to buy their headset, cause i can't think of a single thing. Not even a HL3 would convince enough people to buy this thing.

you know what? i wouldnt give a fuck either

I just think it's sad how this company just says fuck it and does nothing to salvage a game they deemed good enough to release to the world.

Either they never really believed in it's success from the beginning, or they are purely driven by profit and decided that it's not worth to do anything with it anymore after they saw how it flopped.

Attached: gabe interview.gif (280x271, 1.68M)

Theres been nonstop threads complaining about the ui beta.

I get you want to shitpost, but put some fucking effort in man.

only in the past year or two
>artifact
>valve index
>massive csgo updates
>dota underlords
>new steam library
sure yeah looks like absolute nothing
keep saying it

Artifact's problem was that it was $20 for a pay to play game.

>massive csgo updates

what? that shitty battle royal mode?

Attached: 1436735413530.jpg (306x306, 20K)

And he doesn't need to do anything. Valve can crash and burn and Gabe would still be a multi billionaire. Why do you think he's in his office just fucking around playing Dota 2 each day?

The linux shit they do is pretty cool but I'm probably the only one who cares about it.

>two cash grab low effort dota spin offs with one of them failing tremendously
>a shitty attempt at battle royale
>a new steam library that took 3 years to finally come out yet looks vastly inferior to GoG Galaxy 2
>The VR goosechase

OH MAN THANK YOU LORD GABEN THIS IS TRULY EVERYTHING WE ASKED FOR!

Attached: 1560228799158.jpg (4800x6046, 3.26M)

Because you personally don't like it doesn't mean they put 0 effort into it. Source engine is barely even capable for something like this.

they literally said theyre working on remaking the game entirely. why do people like you form opinions so strong when youre so uninformed?

Truly amazing how Valve with all their unlimited wealth can't be bothered to build a new engine or come up with anything new that isn't tailgating cashgrabs.

Again. You personally not liking something doesn't make those things NOTHING which was a whole subject of this thread. They making stuff. Just not the stuff you like. Thats all.

The game is dead. It's not coming back to life.

>why do people like you form opinions so strong when youre so uninformed?

I've been wondering the same ever since I discovered Yea Forums.

Youd think someone like Gabe would want to develop a game at least
It seems boring otherwise

Alright Tyler, whatever you say. Maybe one day you'll get that job at Valve you been wanting.

Gabe wants to make money. He's no different than all the other CEO's in the gaming world.

Attached: 1465397793033.jpg (541x563, 34K)

its fine if you believe it, but they literally said on the last update they made about the game "we're reworking the game from the ground up". you can choose to not believe them but the person i replied to just said they said "fuck it" and did nothing to salvage it, which is the complete opposite of what they did

nigga nobody talks about or plays that shit. that's not my personal opinion that's just a fact

i would love a new counter strike or something that actually makes the game more interesting again but that's not going to happen

i'll say this if half life 3 is being announced for the index this year and it actually looks great i'll take everything back i said about gabe because that would actually be a revolutionary thing in vidya

> that's not my personal opinion that's just a fact
how does it feel to be retarded?

Attached: TQNAbFS.png (500x237, 26K)

When I say dead, I mean the population isn't coming back. The only reason Valve is giving a shit for Artifact is because its a low effort cash grab and they want to at least get some more milk from it. Valve is all about chasing trends these days and squeezing as much money out of something with little to no work by themselves.

Remember when Yea Forums wrote this guy a song and visited him in person? Criiiinge!

If they deliver on that then good for them. Though I wonder how they are going about it since Garfield is no longer working on it.

>Valve is all about chasing trends
they literally started the vr trend themselves, how is that chasing trends?

yeah i bet all those people are playing the battle royal mode and not just dust 2 24/7 idiot

Valve is a company full of people, stop just blaming the head honcho for not making games

>Anything from half life
>revolutionary for vidya now
user..

>nobody talks about or plays that shit
Dota Underlords is already in top 10 played games on steam and it's only beta.

Attached: Valve's strategy to beat Epic.gif (388x291, 2.8M)

>Releasing a major sequel on a $1k piece of hardware to a small fraction of the gaming populace

There is already hints at the HL:VR. However, that's not an actual sequel. VNN made a whole video on that

No one cares about dumb platform faggotry. It's about games here.

half life 1 and 2 were both a pretty big deal you zoomer shit

the first actually great AAA game in VR would be a big deal too

Unironically, All Gabe needs to do is nothing. Sweeny is frothing himself to death over steam, but Steam is making millions (Or billions, not sure). Epic can't *do* anything to change that. They can try to take away customers, but you'll see devs looking at how negative people's responses to going to epic are, and refuse. I'm not going to say that Epic will fail with it's current system, but what I will say is that they will fail if they continue to try and kill steam.

10 years ago this man was literally worshiped

what the fuck happened?

>they literally started the vr trend themselves,
No, that was Oculas Rift that started the trend in the early 2012.

Clearly people actually do.

I said now retard.

>I'm not sure if it will happen but I am sure it won't happen

Yeah well they're dumb then.

Valve apologists are the dirt worst

He went full jewish

Be careful they will call you an Epic fanboy!

They got into Valve around right after the Orange Box as wee little zoomers. Thus they think Gabe is some sort of diety and don't recall the days when the original Valve fanbase use to roast his fat ass on the grill due to the delay in Half-Life 2.

Attached: 1486941622874.jpg (1737x587, 213K)

It's true, because Gabe was so naive and actually TRUSTED consumers to not pirate by offering them much much better services. And as his faith in gamers shattered, he grew colder, more cynical.

Valve Index is pretty neat tho

>they are purely driven by profit
lel

his faith hasnt shattered, he still believes that people are responsible for themselves and that all they want is a good service, evidenced by the fact that no matter how much people cry about trash indie games on the store, he just says "lol just dont buy them you fucking retard"

Valve is messed up

>he just says "lol just dont buy them you fucking retard"
Nice head canon

Yeah but where are the goddamn games? Fuck they're so lazy they cant even release a VR game.

>drm filled trash is a better service

Oh you sweet little zoom zoom...

>only ever made 2 games + 2 episodes
>rest of their library consists of bought out mods
why do people like valve again? their only original game was half life but even then gearbox of all companys along with randy bobandy made the much better opposing force

gabe is a libertarian

Attached: wfE6sQx.png (580x121, 14K)

I know Valve stopped making games because Steam prints money, but why the fuck do they make shit games when they actually decide to make them anymore? Artifact, now some shitty VR crap that only 10 people care about. Either make something substantiative or fuck off back to your pool full of cash

Attached: 1511086901969.jpg (1408x1269, 214K)

*still comes out on top*

More money than you can imagine.

Steam is very likely the single most valuable asset in all of video gaming.

To be fair, I'd rather they use their piles of money to try push out new technology than force themselves to make some halfassed game like Artifact.

>why does a company that hired psychologists for their marketing department make shitty cashgrabs that follow recent trends amongst whales and bugmen?

doesnt Valve's work culture allow people to literally do whatever they want and so there is no actual motivation to do anything hard like make games?

Because those new """games""" are blatant cash grabs, but problem is that they market it towards most westerners who can see a blatant money milk and thus they fail. v*lve is more greedy then chinks at this point

>More money than you can imagine.
i hope you are right user. my nightmare scenario is valve going bankrupt or being bought someday and steam getting shut down making my huge library worthless

that's a plus then. garfield killed artifact by defending the business model constantly.

Based Insectoids bringing in the bantz

He is libertarian but not progressive liberal.

It was a different time, a better time.

shekels and laziness

It already has over 1 million downloads on mobile

Havent bought any games on ES yet, but Valve not even trying to be a bit more competetive is really annoying, I might give in to the chinks sooner rather than later.

Attached: 4876453234.gif (250x300, 605K)

>still no gape station

shekkels and glutony

>*does nothing*

The fat fuck is the root of all evil that currently plagues vidya

>Hasn't made anything worthwhile since 2007
>Popularized microtransations and cosmetics via TF2, opening the gates for more free to play garbage on the market
>Wanted to add paid mods
>"Actually money is how the community steers work." - Public statement on the paid mods fiasco
>Added Steam Direct turning Steam into Google Play Store v2.0
>Made Artefact just to milk money even though nobody asked for it
>Steam frontend is still trash and so are the search options, but here are some faggot curators to do our job for us FOR FREE
>Retards will still defend Valve

The retards that support Steam/Valve don't deserve anything but endless gacha and microtransaction garbage

TF3 but actually fun game that can BTFO overwatch and paladins and CSGO when

chinks and shills brought the equivalent of console war faggotry to PC gaming

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Can't wait until they reveal it has nothing to do with Half-Life or any of their other IPs and all the leaks were just to fuck with VNN and to poke fun at Half-Life fans for no reason.

It's not the real Yea Forums hating on him, it's all epic tianmen square spies

meanwhile on Epic Games Store:

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY
BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT

PLUS

BATMAN LEGO TRILOGY

yes, free.
Totally free.
This week.

Thanks for playing.

Fuck off, fat Steam kike.

Attached: batman.jpg (816x325, 52K)

They probably let interns do it or soemthing. I'm pretty sure the only reason Index is a thing because they wanted to try their own manufacture capabilities.

FUCK YOU GABE ALL YOU NEEDED TO DO WAS SIGN A CONTRACT WE COULD HAVE HAD A TEAM FORTRESS 2 SHOW DONE IN THE STYLE OF VENTURE BROS BUT YOU WERE TO LAZY FUCKING A KNIFE COLLECTION TO SIGN A PIECE OF PAPER

Just release Source 2 and do the gay revenue bullshit every other engine does. I need to see what's so special about it

>He thinks its all about some papers
Retard. TF2 show died because Valve can't meet any deadlines and was not cooperating with Adult Swim.
When AS asked them to do something for them, they would end up either over or underdoing the thing they were asked to do, or sometimes doing something completely different.

lmao, imagine trying to do a weekly thing with "Valve time"

>I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in

I doubt Valve has the manpower and talent to make an engine that could rival Unity/Unreal Engine.
The only way to get them to do something than small, cashgrab projects would be to light fire under their ass, and that's impossible with Steam printing money.
Valve no longer needs to spend money to make money. They just make money.

But I don't like batman games.

Unironically based, giving up on steam is the final redpill. It's a dying store that just can't compare to Epic's generosity.

we changed

Attached: fg.gif (220x176, 24K)

The market is worthless if people stop playing games there. And if the only reason people use steam is for the market then new people will stop joining and it'll wither and die. If Steam does die out then you'll keep your games but you'll lose all your cloud saves and achievements. You'll still have your library though.

I doubt anyone would shit on them if they kept making The Orange Box like deals in the past 10 years.

but i already own them on steam...

>yet more games that everyone and their dog already owns because they regularly go for 5 bucks on steam

Thanks Tim.

Valve got it right, they don't have to do anything because "gamers" are retarded cattle that'll buy and support companies no matter the bad shit they do. You reap what you sow.

>TEAM FORTRESS 2 SHOW DONE IN THE STYLE OF VENTURE BROS

Attached: 1509269194575.jpg (250x250, 4K)

you also wouldn't be able to download any games anymore if the servers shut down for good

Exactly. Source can barely handle it. Good thing they've been jacking off "working" on source 2 for the past 7 years that removed the limitations of the original source engine such as map size and the y said CSGO will be ported to it. Good thing they wasted time cashing out making a shit BR mode nobody likes on an engine that can barely support it instead of finishing source 2 which would actually be able to facilitate such a game mode way better.

Even Tyler’s disillusioned with Valve and doesn’t want to work for them.

>*does nothing*
and wins anyways

Attached: 1544024068090.gif (451x331, 1.05M)

i wouldn't be surprised if this fat fuck doesn't at least get a sticky in this shithole once he dies, he has fallen from grace that much

Attached: 1221581782824.jpg (206x245, 7K)

Actually the rumor is that he actually got off his exercise ball and is in a cabal working on VR stuff.

the source engine
as shit as it is with the bugs it had a pretty good run

Head honcho is responsible for the company. That’s how it works: you get to be in charge and get paid obscene amounts of money, but in return literally everything is your fault and responsibility.

The root cause of Valve’s dysfunctions is Gabe’s standing directives. Valve’s “no managers” means “no guys hired to just be middle managers.” Top level executives still exist. Valve’s “people work on what they work on” means “you work on what everybody else wants you to work on.” What everybody wants to work on is what makes Gabe and the other top guys happy.

only because of mods

At this point the bugs are part of the charm.

Accelerated Back Hopping is one of the greatest things to happen to video games.

>*makes more lootcrates and shitty skins for csgo*

They don't even make that shit themselves, community does