TERRARIA

I quite honestly see Terraria as game of the decade.
Considering the journey it has had and the amount of fun I've gotten out of it I can't think of a contender.

The fact that there have been:
>No paid DLCs, just a lot of new features and content
>No Microtransactions
>Constant and genuine improvements to the game

I have been playing this game on-and-off for almost 8 years. I want to play again but I'm waiting for Journey's End.

Attached: b7c65e77a5f126a1024a8459ec0fd08f879860f1.jpg (616x353, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-8th-anniversary-lore-event.79764/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone post the pic of the guy with major autism in terraria

Attached: major autism reporting.png (611x346, 314K)

agreed OP. to think i got this game for like 10 bucks so many years ago. its great

How was I supposed to know Necro Armor + Archery Potion + Molten Fury + Jester's Arrows were going to trivialize the Queen Bee fight?

THE ENEMY ASCENDED BEYOND YOUR CONTROL
OR WAS THAT ALL YOUR INTENTION?

Attached: 1556054528288.gif (526x437, 32K)

kek

Attached: 1568661336275.jpg (1024x1024, 51K)

kek

What? Are they still updating it?
I think I stopped playing when they introduced corruption.

>I sure am having fun cheesing my way through this entire game with no risk and all reward like every other player before me.

I agree with you, especially when they added the apache for free, spent at least a couple weeks flying that thing

I hate how silent they are about journeys end. Where are the spoilers god damnit, all they post on their discord is terraria mobile updates.

Attached: 7da (1).jpg (2124x3352, 1.77M)

>the "official" Terraria lore

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-8th-anniversary-lore-event.79764/

Attached: wojak is backing off slowly.jpg (525x633, 28K)

I WOULD BUT MY IP IS ALWAYS FUCKING BLOCKED ON THIS FUCKING KIKE WEBSITE

There's one more update coming Soon (tm).

how the fuck has there not been a sequel yet

Thorium is Terraria+ and I love it
>going 500 mph with The Omega Core

>aussie and/or phoneposter

They are, and have been for years. The next big update is "Journey's End" ("1.4") and it looks to be enormous.

There is a big list of spoilers, is there not?

I think Terraria is my favorite game. I can always play lots of games, but at the end, it's always Terraria that relaxes my soul.

Play Calamity, my dude

>tfw never beat any bosses after WoF
>tfw barely scraped the game after that point
>tfw all these updates

Just how much new shit have I got waiting for me when 1.4 drops?

Attached: h2kfGPp.jpg (284x339, 18K)

This isn't too ba-
>Cthulu
fuck offfffffff

Dont remind me

>never fought plantera
>never fought dungeon 2.0
>never did the pumpkin or frost moons
>never did a solar eclipse
>never killed golem
>never fought duke fishron
>never did the lunar event
>never fought moon lord
You're missing so much of the game my guy.
Though, it looks like the only new boss they showed off, blood nautilus or whatever his name was, is fightable pre-hardmode, so there will be new content through all stages of the game, not just tacked on at the end.

They haven't made any more spoilers since the journeys end trailer. At least, not that they put in their #spoilers channel.

I mean after shit like the Eye of Chtulu and the Moon Lord you'll have to integrate him to the lore somehow

Finished reading. HOW THE FUCK DID HE ACHIEVE IT?! I mean, I'm not impressed by "how" he did it, but "why" he even did it...

>ywn enjoy a video game this much

Attached: 1465834201114.png (500x485, 192K)

>create dozens of metals and shit
>only about 5 are actually of any value over the course of the game, everything else will be weaker than those
>you can play melee, but why bother ranged is almost risk-free?
>you can create stuff beyond small boxes to put NPC's in, but there is absolutely no point
>most NPCs are a waste of time, only nurse for quick heals and a few vendors you'll deal with more than once
>no point in mining or making shit out of ores or wood early game since meteorite is much better and gives you a lazer gun
>Dungeon stuff is better than average, but barely
>Events don't give you anything worthwhile for beating or surviving them, just gets in the way of mining/exploring
>some are self-contained, making them doubly pointless
I enjoyed it for a while, but the longer I played the more I realized about 90% of the game is pointless. It's just a race into end-game gear. Find meteor, mine it, give yourself meteor armor and lazer gun, beat skeleton, beat wall of flesh, upgrade to the best metal available, beat plantera, beat golem, beat lunar, upgrade to end-game gear, beat moon lord.

Why have 8 different types of wood when they are all the same in stats? Why have 30 different types of metals when you only have reason to use 4-5 throughout the entire game? Why have so many different types of magic when Damage is the only statistic that matters since enemies don't have any specific weaknesses? Why bother giving teleporters when you need to manually install and wire each one? Why bother giving teleporters AFTER you have any reason to need to travel to the edges of the world?

In all honesty, the developers seem to respect that Terraria was lightning in a bottle and genuinely don't seem to think they can do the game justice with a sequel. Otherworld would have been a cheap cashgrab and they had the integrity to can it. While everyone loves Terraria, if Terraria 2 ended up being a Starbound they would lose a lot of that goodwill they've saved up.

hello

"melee" builds become ranged later on

>Why have 8 different types of wood when they are all the same in stats?
But they're not. Nice shitpost though.

Terraria sucks ass. Minecraft is 100 times better

I can't wait for 1.4 even though i've only ever played up to duke fishron.

Abhorrent post.

who here /expert mode only/ when the update drops?

Which mods have the best yoyos and allow me to actually fucking finish a playthrough with them unlike Calameme?

lmao not really no

Terraria needs no mods to be fun and challenging.

I know the feel, bro, fuck this place, as if I needed more of a reason to go elsewhere

>being australian
aaaaaahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahha

How the heck do I get the megaphone and fast clock? I've been farming for forever and it won't drop. Also how did you guys beat the mechanical bosses solo?

Not even Australian and I have this fucking issue for the last 3 months.

In vanilla, just grind till you get it. I play with a mod that eases the grind by introducing tokens that can be redeemed for shit.
For mech bosses, Daedalus Stormbow tears up The Destroyer. I think Skeletron Prime is the easiest mech boss so you might wanna try defeating him first

>Cheese through a game
>Wow this is definitely the fault of the game and not me being a lame ass

>still no update
FUCK

The only two complaints I can list about Terraria, are that it costs 30$ on the Switch

and that the male character sounds retarded