Things you don't like about Ultimate

Was it really too hard to make Gruntilda a boss and add her as part of a Boss Rush mode with the old Brawl Bosses?

Attached: tumblr_pb6jiy8zAX1un9v43o1_400.png (400x445, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7x8LEEKdBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably

the lack of a boss rush mode irks me in general.
>only way to fight certain bosses with certain characters is to get all the way through WoL, and even then it's only once.

Yes. If that’s the case, then the other DLC fighters should have bosses too.

>huge saki/s&p fag
>doesn't even expecct saki to be playable, and i was fine with him being an assist
>spirited away
>not a single s&p track
speaking of, i also kinda want a boss rush mode with grunty in it

Attached: 1446430940427.jpg (602x423, 38K)

>no boss rush mode
>no Smash Run from the 3DS version (one of the best modes in the entire series)
>no voice for Olimar/Alph
>no Final Battle or Click Clock Wood as part of Banjo's song pack
>no cool cutscenes like Subspace Emissary
>can't view the awesome reveal trailers in-game like you could in Smash 4
Tiny nitpicks, but it's still my favorite Smash game by a mile.
Also, I too was expecting a Grunty boss battle from Banjo's trailer. The dynamic camera angles they used for her and her lair made me think so, but I guess they were just using an emulator for those shots. Oh well. At least she's there and she has her laugh.

Attached: 1568830150252.jpg (1200x1200, 90K)

At least we got the mii i guess

also one thing I forgot
>no Life Will Change track for Joker's pack, even though they used the fucking song in his reveal trailer
what's with that?

>All Star Mode got turned into an endless fuck you
>Spirit list doesn't even list games of origins, just series
>Bosses like Dracula are used 3 times in a 72 fighter roster in Classic mode, instead it's the endless pain train of Master and Crazy Hand
This isn't even mentioning how bullshit World Of Light can be on your initial run (Lookin' at you, Pauline)

You can replay the final boss segment from the start of the platforming as many times as you want once you beat WoL

You DO know theres a boss rush already in the game right? Beat WoL and play the final stage you idiot.

Some echoes not happening annoys me greatly, namely Proto Man and Zack

Attached: 1567527219291.png (468x525, 210K)

>No Boss Rush
>No Smash Run
>No way to replay the Master Hand sequence without replaying WoL
>No Life Will Change despite it being in Joker's reveal trailer
>No easy way to tell what spirits you have unlocked straight from the spirit board, you can only see which fights youve cleared and which spirits you have a copy of
>No way to pick/choose spirit fights based on spirits you've already unlocked
>No custom spirit fights

I already beat WoL and restarted it in New Game+ for that achievement. I don't wanna have to go through it all again

I should clarify
>No REAL boss rush, the WoL rush's bosses are nerfed hard, and are all restricted to the Galeem/Dharkon track

The lack of a final battle remix is what hurt me the most, also I thought there was going to be a Gruntilda boss fight because of that sound that played in the scene where banjo is looking at the entrance of gruntys lair, but I think that sound was just the initial part of the mad monster mansion remix

Attached: 425A9012-FBE9-4013-8C3F-138C69974E46.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>no proto man as an echo
this one really hurts

Attached: 1554578083831.png (605x514, 82K)

Tons of missed potential with skins.
>Kaptain K. Rool
>Boxer DK
>Fire Mario
>Twilight Link, or any other Link that can go over the three we have
>Ghost colored PAC-MAN
>fucking anything for Sonic
>pajamas Ness
Come on man. They like like 20 minutes to make.
Also, there's no reason why we shouldn't be getting more music regularly. I see no reason why they can't port over songs from new releases like Three Houses without having to stick in a shill character.

>Banjo is in game.

would be an absolute no-brainer for an echo pack if they decide to do that for future dlc. (And break the spirits-deconfirm rule, of course)

Attached: E5AE71A8-5938-4E2F-B41A-F20B76B3F549.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

i sure hope the "spirits/mii outfits deconfirm" meme gets fucking broken

Attached: 1556666014993.png (403x281, 154K)

It's honestly more irking to me that we have more echos in the game than it tells us. Why the fuck is Chrom listed as an echo, but not Dr. Mario?
Dr. Mario should be listed as an echo, and honestly I feel the other two Links should too, though I don't know how that'd work out.

I just realized that World of Light is the only way to fight certain bosses with certain characters. But the DLC characters aren't in World of Light, so they can never fight those bosses.

Spirits do not and never have deconfirmed shit. Lucas and Mewtwo had trophies in Smash 4 before they arrived as DLC, and Mewtwo was revealed as DLC before Smash Wii U even released.
We live in a post-Sans-in-Smash world. There are no rules anymore. Anything can happen. Rulefags gets BTFO every time.

Mewtwo had a trophy before he became playable in Smash 4, therefore giving him multiple trophies. So it's not like they haven't changed their mind on it before.
It'd be kind of silly to lock themselves out of so many potential characters just because of something so minor

>But the DLC characters aren't in World of Light, so they can never fight those bosses.
I thought you just boot up WoL after you downloaded them, and they'll be available for use?

The DLC characters are available for use in WOL once you defeat and unlock 20 fighters.

To be honest, I beat the whole thing before any DLC fighters came out and I haven't gone back to it since. So maybe that's true. But since you had to save everyone to unlock them in World of Light, I assumed the DLCs can't be used. Unless they actually went back and added a battle for each of them to be unlocked, but I never heard anything like that.

>Introduce very welcomed modes so wanted they already existed in mods or as special rulesets ( Iron Man, All Star Versus in Project M are basically Smashdown & Squad Strike )
BUT
>Keep them offline only

>Advanced techniques are few & far between, even slightly unintended minor stuff like Little Mac's Jab confirms he got by 3.0 got patched out, despite this doing nothing but adding options to the game.
>No dash/run momentum carried into your jumps, limiting approach options for a large majority of the cast.
>While not entirely the game's fault, Ultimate does a bad job at incentivising players to learn proper neutral game & play better in general, which leads into the game being sometimes tiresome to play.
>World of Light & Spirits really weren't that needed if that's what they were going to bring in terms of Single Player content.

If spirits had flavortext ala trophies I wouldn't have any real problem with this game. But they don't, so I do.

I think being a stage boss like Yellow Devil or FANCY MEETING YOU HERE MONADO BOY was the best case scenario for Grunty.

Has to do with physics. Dr Mario and links all have different ground/air speed and attack properties so they all play drastically different even if they look superficially similar. Chrom is literally just Roy with a modified sweet spot and a different up special.

As much as I love the fact aerials have less landing frames across the board, and think it's healthy for the game, good fucking lord it is making those assholes whose entire neutral is just "jump around with sex kick Nair" (Wolf and Link especially) even more annoying than they were before.

Attached: re.png (718x904, 451K)

An Echo is only one or two steps removed from their counterpart. "Clones" like the Links, Dr. Mario, Pichu etc. are typically several steps removed. The most different echo to the base character is Chrom and he's only different in two ways - no sweetspot and Ike's Up Special.

Conversely, almost every "clone" has at the very least different stats for some if not all of their weight/dash/run/fall speeds and size on top of a handful of different normals and specials and different properties (knockback, damage) on the ones that are similar.

>Spirits do not and never have deconfirmed shit.

>current fighter pass consists of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR characters/series with no presence in the base game whatsoever

Fuck off

I'm angry. Angry about music.

>Kirby only 2 remixes and one of them got blown on the credits to Dreamland 1
>Only like 2 of new Pokemon Remixes don't suck and that's because they're more or less the originals
>FE Heroes gets a remix and it's the fucking menu theme and not one of the original map themes
>Only brought over two Miitopia Tracks
>Music being sorted by series means I can't get Marionation Gear on Norfair anymore

Attached: 1546038962859.png (904x675, 535K)

The total over abundance of “hit opponent into cutscene” final smashes

No different Zelda reps. Especially since Link gets top billing with Mario everywhere but Mario has a bunch of different fighters and then there's three Links.
On the plus side ALBW Zelda is getting the limelight and cucking BOTW Zelda so I guess thats cool.

Attached: eb20c38dac7ab28e1cc6824d005386a3.jpg (1080x1596, 167K)

Aside from characters I’d like to see, especially Waluigi, or much.
The game is high quality, my favorite game of the decade by far. All I really hoped for is:
1. Better online. Peer to peer is shit. My internet at university is pathetic and due to how I can’t use password internets I have to use the guest internet. Literally can’t use online. Couldn’t use it home either until recently because my old isp was jewing me hard for 3 mbps/s. Got a new isp and now have 100. Hopefully that fixes it. Input lag is horrendous when not lagging. Fix your shit Nintendo. That’s my biggest gripe.
2. Lack of Final Battle in Banjo&Kazooie music.
3. More characters should have better down airs that spike.

He was so much fun in smash 4, he was completely braindead but at least bad and fun to play as and fight against, now reddit cunts think they're cute with their like and DORIAH s󠛡o󠛡y freak outs thinking they're hot shit, Ganondorf is the most degenerate main in ultimate

Attached: Ganondorf_SSB4.png (500x500, 267K)

>no voice for Olimar/Alph

So regular Olimar/Alph, they barely talk in their own games, and the few voice clips they get are Banjo grunts

the fact that this fuck got in

Attached: 500px-Banjo_&_Kazooie_SSBU.png (500x500, 216K)

they make grunts and noises in their own games. they even have have a made up gibberish language they speak in 2 & 3.
They're just mute in this game. the Pikmin make all the sounds instead.

probably a space thing, which is weird because they could easily patch it in later so I dunno

The camera controls after pausing a match fucking suck. It was SO convenient when you just paused the game and then used the C-stick to properly set up your shot.

Attached: 1442343114971.jpg (545x576, 75K)

>t. Grunty

The entirety of online.
Seriously, if they fixed the online from the shitheap that it currently is this game would be close to 10/10.

To be fair, the transformation Final Smashes controlled like garbage. I take cutscenes over getting KO’d twice by Landmasters and Super Sonics.

youtube.com/watch?v=w7x8LEEKdBQ

Similarly, Bombing Mission was used in Cloud's reveal yet it doesn't show up in Smash 4 or Ultimate. Despite it easily being the most obvious music track for Midgar.

I’d be down for that all the persona bosses have really solid designs that could work for smash
I don’t know shit about DQ, but Rugal could also be a non stationary boss

This shit is jarring.

They wasted a slot on Bear Goomba just to appease a vocal minority of mentally ill e-celeb worshipping manchildren.

Attached: Banjoke.png (500x681, 286K)

Sonic still only having one playable character

I completely believe it was SEGA's choice and not Sakurai's

Attached: ShadowSonic.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

FF has two songs
Isabelle has no voice
Online tourney mode sucked and they made it worse
GSP system is inaccurate
Can't convert video footage of opponent who have one of dozens Mii costumes you don't own
No player names in replay footage despite every other game with replay demos remembering names like Halo and PUBG

Cry some more

Attached: a71.png (510x546, 15K)

>Bear Goomba
my sides

I much preferred when the Announcer said "And the winner is..." instead of the shit we have now.

>Lack of a Boss Rush Mode with the return of, Duon, Tabuu, Rayquaza, Petey, and Master Core
>Lack of Smash Run
>Lack of Final Battle in the Banjo-Kazooie music set
>Unacceptable lack of some Sonic tracks and the stubborness to keep the ones from Brawl with barely a few original track here and there like Studiopolis, Fist Bump and fucking Sunset Heights which could have been easily replaced by Justice
>You can't see the reveal trailers
>Spirits have no description whatsoever
>When you try to zoom in the character models when pausing a match they disappear and make drawing them painfully hard

AAAAAAAAAAND NOW HERE COME THE MISSED PICKS THAT INCLUDE MY MOST WANTEDDDDDDDD
CHARACTERS
>The one who serves a higher authority
>Assist Hell, starring: Purple Tennis Meme Boi, Explosive Boi, Digging Boi, Psynergy Boi, Armadillo Boi, Vixen Gurl, Mani Katti Gurl, Edgelord Ultimate LifeForm Boi, Beam Sword Boi
>The Dream Traveler
>The cut Assist Trophy with the big sword
>The metallic faker who shows people what he's made of
>The greedy fatass who means business and is not even in the game
>The fallen master of flirting who is friends with a skeleton currently a costume
ALTERNATE OUTFITS
>Fire Mario
>OoT/TP Link
>Detective Pikachu
>Ninten
>A proper Blood Falcon
>Dry Bowser
>OoT/TP Zelda and Dorf
>Proper Dark Meta Knight and proper Galacta Knight alts
>A proper Dixie Kong alt
>Louie, Charlie and Brittany as Olimar/Alph alts
>Ancient Minister R.O.B.
>Ms. Pac-Man
>Evil Ryu/Violent Ken
>Kaptain K. Rool/Baron K. Roolenstein
>DQ IX hero
>Dragon Kazooie alt
STAGES
>The Beta Battlefield designs, especially the one with the trees with red leaves, that one is dope af

WHEW, THAT WAS KINDA TIRING

Shit like this really makes me think that they were just changing things purely for the sake of being different and not actually improving

>A proper Dixie Kong alt
As in, 100% playing with Dixie's model under Diddy's moveset? That wouldn't work as an alternate costume.

>Kaptain K. Rool/Baron K. Roolenstein
K. Rool's crown, claws, and belly need to be fully exposed and visible at all times so you wouldn't be able to put him in costumes that potentially cover or replace those.

>saki's assist got removed
>Nothing but two spirits for TW101, not even a Wonder Mask for the Miis, no new music either
>Just a few spirits for Xenoblade X, no music whatsoever

Attached: notzNEw.png (960x720, 601K)

>Ms. Pac-Man
this is the only one i can get behind

I'd say Ken is easily the most different echo. As a matter of a fact I'm fairly certain he's got different run and damage properties.

He does. He's hardly an echo at all.

>No Sin and Punishment songs
>No Wario Land songs
>No Pokémon Mystery Dungeon songs

I'm so fucking inside that I've know beaten World Of Light 4 times

Ultimate is bloated as fuck. The roster, the music, the stages, ditching trophies for spirits, game modes nobody cares about and more. The game has way too much legacy content in it. Why should I give a fuck that you have 900+ music tracks when 90% of them are either poor picks or just recycled music from previous games? Or a 70+ roster when so many of the characters are legacy characters that have overstayed their welcomes or semi clones and echo fighters. Or a 40 hour "story mode" campaign that actually has no story and where all the fights are just battles against CPU characters with some numbers mixed up.

Ultimate picks quantity over quality every time. Smash needs a reboot next time. It needs to be cleaner, more concise. Trim the fat. Retard babies that just want to stuff and bloat the game with as much trash as possible are kind of ruining it now.

The way All-Star got the shaft, I already liked it less in tr4sh but making it a shitty infinite mode plain sucks

Attached: 1568129975518.png (376x438, 265K)

Based

He is, they mentioned in his rundown that he's noticeably faster than Ryu.

Banjo's spirit board is really lackluster.
>no snake as jamjars
>no jigglypuff as Mr patch
>no Dk as clungo

Very minor complaint, but I hate how characters don't actually look like they're in pain when they get hit. They just have a retarded shocked look on their face. Been like this since Smash 4.

Attached: ss_2.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Im just sad that there is no extra cutscenes apart from intros and endings. The charm of brawl story was interactions between characters. And here there was barely any of it even though the 'story' would be perfect for it. Also sad no extra palutena guidance for this version. A banjo grunty guidance would have been great. However that is understandable as it adds barely anything to the game apart from voice actor costs.

my most wanted characters were windwaker ganondorf, hades, banjo and goemon. Ones an actualy character and the other is a skin so im happy...also fuck sans

Next time ask for a fucking character whose last game wasn't almost 20 years ago
>B-But there were other Banjo games after!
None of which are referenced because Japan didn't get them. Your shitty bear is a two game wonder and nothing more.

>World of Light is fucking shit
>Stickers/Spirits suck
>Lighting is way worse than Smash 4
>Instead of trying to improve the shitty modes from the last game (Smash Tour, Smash Run, etc.), he removed them. We could've had an awesome Smash-type Mario Party game and he just didn't want to put in the effort.
>Removed Trophies when they could've just as easily reused the trophies from 4 and added just a couple from the new character games/series
>Online is fucking terrible, both connection quality and actual design. Why the fuck can't I just have one tournament setting or playlist? Stop putting me into 1 stock items on matches, I DIDN'T FUCKING ASK FOR THIS, SMASH COULD BE THE BIGGEST GAME EVER MADE IF THE ONLINE WAS GREAT AND JUST WORKED HOLY FUCK AAAAAAA

Ultimate my fucking left nut

Attached: 1408841242336.jpg (781x586, 85K)

I seriously don't understand why you would have a third party character as an Assist Trophy. If you're going to license the franchise, why not make him a full character?

Attached: 6u7787878787876.png (800x450, 545K)

A reboot would be where this series jumps the shark. They can't deliver on good enough gameplay changes to make it be worth buying if my main isn't in it. If people wanted that, they would play melee and they do but most don't.

>no for fun/glory for online
>this shit ass tournament ruleset becoming worse
>can't replay the master hand fight from WoL

Attached: 01.png (575x421, 526K)

>Removed Trophies when they could've just as easily reused the trophies from 4 and added just a couple from the new character games/series
That'd be a LOT of cartridge space and would have probably come at the cost of some stages

>Can’t put SMW music on the SMW stage because its classified as a Yoshi stage

Organizing the music by series is fine but this annoys me to no end.

Tfw no game over grunty

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-083527.jpg (672x867, 254K)

This isn't just an Ultimate problem but something about how it works seems to be the finickiest in Ultimate and that is the C-stick macro. C-stick should finally stop being just a macro and should be patched to actually specifically execute smash attacks/tilts depending on what you set it to. The macro solution leads to more misinputs than I would like, particularly when it comes to tilts and getting the specific aerial you want. I really wish they would fix that now and stick to it moving forward.

based

>None of which are referenced because Japan didn't get them
Japan got Nuts and Bolts

Ken is echo in name only to reflect how he is in his game.

Attached: Grunty speaking.gif (142x142, 35K)

All I wanted was Liquid Snake as a Snake echo. Was that too much to ask?