I'm pretty depressed as of recently. What are the best games I can play to cheer me up and take my mind off of things?

I'm pretty depressed as of recently. What are the best games I can play to cheer me up and take my mind off of things?

Attached: 1559155095442.jpg (597x596, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LML6SoNE7xE
youtube.com/watch?v=VlEhEw52kBg
youtube.com/watch?v=6OOCR5uNp7s
store.steampowered.com/app/593280/Cat_Quest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It’s best not to play games, user. Just listen to some music and eat healthy for a bit, you’ll feel better.

Attached: 1568580365914.png (624x410, 430K)

Actual Sunlight

A little game called get a job and move out already

>When you realise you enjoy the feeling of escapism and distraction more than games themselves

Attached: 1279249876487.gif (210x230, 11K)

A game where you go to a counselor and maybe that'll help

The game of nothing can save us, brother and we will eventually kill ourselves.

eat better
get some quality sleep
seek sunlight
share laughs with friends
get a job
youll know what games to play as soon as you do this

>take my mind off of things
if you really care about your depression don't do this
accept and fight your problems, seek help
trust me, I know what I'm talking about

but try arcadey games that don't take much time

get off this website

>le depressed gamer thread
KILL YOUR SELF

I have a job and live on my own. In fact im alone 80% of the time. That plays a big factor in my sadness. So I cope by playing Vidya and watching movies

This
Ha-ha

Try playing VtMB. I'm kind of in the same situation, but all the cool characters to talk to kind of help in a way.

I usually play something that gets kind of dark and depressing if I'm feeling bad though, as a way to try and confront it. Usually feel better after beating the game. Just recently finished Silent Hill 1&2, and DMC1. Thinking of maybe playing Earthbound or OoT next.

Pathologic.

smoke weed and watch LOTR. Works 100% of the time every time

sneed

Gaming just doesn’t do it. Taking better care of yourself like getting the right amount of sleep and not eating as much sugary shit will help you literally feel better. And spending some time outside too.

Seconding this, this is the best advice I've ever seen on this website.
youtube.com/watch?v=LML6SoNE7xE

Dragon Quest 11

Depends on what you want man. If you need escapism then a good RPG is probably the way to go. If you just want some mindless fun than pick a simple twitch platformer.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlEhEw52kBg

Attached: cag.jpg (600x376, 46K)

TWEWY ds version you need a stylus
DMC3 or DMC5 styling will distract you from the pain
Persona 3,4, or 5 will think you actually have a social life
Rising revengence the hype will keep you going

Attached: 9519859F-72F5-464D-AD58-B99FABB123C8.gif (580x545, 552K)

Attached: The_Cat_Lady.png (732x800, 624K)

Stop fapping so much. Stop eating terrible food so frequently. Go on a walk every once in a while. You don't have to be perfect, just make it a point to try and do a little better than you currently are, and you'll eventually get into the habit of improving yourself. As for video games, hit up an old favorite. Something arcadey you can just dive into anytime, whether it's 10 minutes or several hours. For me it's rogueli[spoiles]t[/spoiler]es

>t. wizard who wasted his 20s.

Katamari Damacy

This has yet to happend to me, and I've been depressed for years now.
Forget Yea Forums memes, games are fun!

Attached: IMG_20190412_165925.jpg (630x890, 102K)

Attached: 662750_original.png (244x165, 104K)

>People think video games will cure depression

Attached: 34578586543.jpg (640x960, 105K)

nobody thinks playing a single game will cure depression forever, but it can help you deal with it sometimes

hop on a social game like Trouble in Terrorist Town in Garry's Mod. it's mostly annoying kids but the social interaction is better than nothing

who are (you) quoting?

Play Overwatch

Attached: 1558884451966.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

Do you want him to kill himself?

Why don't you go out and find some hobbies you like or try going out with co workers? Even if you don't click with then you might click with one of their extended friends. I decided to stop being a fat fuck, took a boxing class, and managed to get in pretty good shape and met a really shy tomboy that's /fit/ as fuck in there, going on my first date bros, wish me luck. If I can do it, you can do it user.

Attached: 1568758660246.jpg (720x727, 32K)

You know what normally cheers me up user. Animal Crossing. Doesn’t matter which entry, just exploring town, talking to the animals, fishing, etc. All that shit makes me relax and smile, its just a nice relaxing game. If you really wanna waste some time, I HIGHLY recommend fishing. I’ve spent fucking HOURS just fishing because its that good.

The game of eat better , get some sleep and workout. Shit I’m about to right now

Persona 3FES
Burn your dread, user.

Attached: 2534A39D-D323-40F8-A3B0-F407BFDFC715.png (800x450, 493K)

Attached: 1558103810205.jpg (1242x1231, 226K)

>feel like I work out as hard as i can
>eat decent
>still have potbelly
It's impossible

Attached: 1568426456611.jpg (670x573, 376K)

post belly

Morrowind worked for me, but it has aged since then.

Genuinely considered suicide earlier and have manic depression.

Attached: 1554842763066.jpg (618x750, 56K)

This, P3 would be a great distraction. Or P4 if you want wholesome cheerful distraction

abs workout and stand straight

I understand user, I have bipolar (not the meme type, actual diagnosed) and BPD. I have a very obsessive personality too, which is why I was fat, and am now so fit and into boxing. I assume you're getting help? All I can tell you is nothing is ever as bleak as it seems in your head, you have a job, you have your own place, a set up to watch kino and play Vidya, you just gotta take some steps to improve the social aspects of your life. I am legitimately a basket case, but there's always someone out there that'll handle your baggage. I feel like a fag posting this cuz I don't know if you're memeing or not, but if you aren't and you're actually at this low of a point, just know I nearly killed myself a year ago, spent the entire day crying and was gonna do it at the end of the day, but someone just happened to reach out at the last second, and I took that as a sign to work on meeting more people that aren't shit and integrating them into my life. You're gonna make it, user.

Attached: 1565390839197.jpg (419x600, 34K)

Read Majikoi. I'm serious.

hope you feel better user

I don't have a job and a place and am a virgim. I am 100% serious. Thank you for your kindness. I have a psychologist I visit occasionally. I hope your date goes well.

Attached: 1556480940744.jpg (593x539, 81K)

Why? This place is the only place I have meaningful conversations anymore.

Cut out beer and bread

russian roulette

Does good sleep and the healthy eating meme really play a factor in emotional health?

That's another user. I'm the OP. Thanks man. I appreciate it. I definitely need some new hobbies and I desperately need to meet new people. Right now I just really want a girlfriend. Someone I can spend time with.

That's another user. I'm the OP. Thanks man. I appreciate it. I definitely need some new hobbies and I desperately need to meet new people. Right now I just really want a girlfriend. Someone I can spend time with.

I think your best bet at beating back the existential dread is doing things outside your comfort zone.
It doesn't matter if they're still games or not. I think it's mostly about getting away from things you know, and it's always a hard to make the initial investment and take the first step.
But it beats getting poisoned by the stale and familiar.

Attached: An_extra_special_gif_that_has_no_particular_meaning.gif (362x466, 849K)

Absolutely . It takes tome though I don’t mean just eat broccoli for one day and call it on that. Eventually you gain some energy, improve your mood, and you might even wanna go outside . Sunlights not a meme either trust me
t. Works night shift

I need to get some sun myself I’m fucking vampiric

Absolutely. 8 hours of sleep alone can reduce stress if you commit to it, because you’re giving your mind a decent break. No different from leaving a computer running until 4 in the morning.

doom. it's just a lot of fun.

Attached: doomguys.jpg (2048x1152, 392K)

nothing, do some sunbathing and start exercising.

Games won't help much. Running, hiking, biking, swimming will.

>Games won't help much. Running, hiking, biking, swimming will.

Attached: 1544582813739.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

How do I meet new people when I live in a really small town and I'm anti social and anxious as a person? I'm not fat, dirty, or particularly ugly. I'm just really shy

Gotta get out of your comfort zone.

youtube.com/watch?v=6OOCR5uNp7s

doesn't matter if your city is small, big or anything if you're anxious
install some meeting apps (not dating)
you can meet a lot of people there with similar tastes

thers this super autistic guy in a server im in who constantly bitches about being an incel and wishes he was a chad. when we ask him why he doesnt go out to places more to meet girls he said its because hes so creepy hes "afraid they're going to call the cops"

Find a local club that takes part in your hobby, like sports or arts. Then you can have something to start a conversation with because you all have at least one thing in common.

unironically FF14

don't even worry about the trial cap (it's up to lv40 but across as many classes as you want), it's like a hundred hours of content just doing everything in the 1-40 range, MSQ-wise

Attached: 1434730843246.jpg (814x840, 235K)

Why the fuck would you get rid of those?

Never played an mmo because I feel like I'd just be playing catch up to people who been playing it for years.

Trust me. It's pretty much a single player JRPG until Lv 15 when you can finally start going into dungeons with others, and you don't have to learn anything but cycling two or through button presses, until lv30 or so

Attached: ffxiv_08092019_010724_647.png (1360x768, 851K)

Does it run on a potato laptop?

Pathologic
Trust me

no harm in trying, it is well optimized to run on anything

Attached: ffxiv_08152019_222505_877.png (1360x768, 1.5M)

Whenever I'm feeling down, I like to play games with tragic and terrible events but with a nice uplifting ending that gives me hope for the future. Higurashi was really good in this regard.

Maybe I'll give it a try then. Thanks, user.

np user. it distracted me from a period of depression i went through myself.

Attached: ffxiv_07292019_230730_117.png (1360x768, 1.74M)

Start getting /fit/, it's not a meme. I went through some MASSIVE depression for a while, like going through a living hell, and I got a gym membership, started going four times a day, and then started C25K at the same time, running three days a week. It levels you out chemically, I'm not bullshitting you.

You won't be happy playing anything. I donno just go figure out your shit and sort out your life.

Got any tips for me? As I said, I'm clueless when it comes to mmos.

Define "eat decent", and how long have you been working out? It's not an overnight thing.

I was also depressed as fuck
Unironically Persona 4 Golden help me out.

Attached: images (3).jpg (500x496, 69K)

Cyberpunk isn't out yet though

>Not dwelling in the sadness with depressing songs

All around me are familiar faces

>Graduated from education in April
>On the sub list this year
>Zero gigs as of yet, first one this friday
Shit's got me down, I thought it would be pretty constant work but there have been maybe 1-3 openings this last week and they've all gotten snatched up. Really hoping things pick up in the next few months. Been playing Underrail by myself during the day and Siege with friends in the PM to stave off the creeping depression.

Either an MMO if you want some mindless fun and grinds and goals to achieve. A notalgic/childhood game if you enjoy that kind of thing, or a new game that you are hyped for. Those are my 3 options

AND IF A DOUBLE DECKER BUS
CRASHES INTO US
TO DIE BY YOUR SIDE
IT'S SUCH A HEAVENLY WAY TO DIE

I got a good one. It's called diazepam and alcohol, bonus points if you sleep for more than 72 hours

Women cannot get depressed

Starcraft 2

Are you guys happy with your life? Do you think maybe video games are holding you back?

Attached: 1561543603773.jpg (604x550, 53K)

dig into UI customization and hotbar mapping and stuff in the options to get it to your liking

most of the stuff i'd suggest, the game will hammer you over the head with tutorial prompts about anyway

it's just a nice, calming game. you will eventually get a chocobo mount when you join a Company, and you can get mounts of other monsters from an NPC in Gridania later on by doing Achievements.

just don't worry about anything for the first like, 20 lvls. just run around in the world and enjoy yourself. Print Screen will save screenshots to a folder automatically. you can press scroll lock button to hide UI but you can remap that to whatever button is more convenient for you

this is very much a 'play at your own pace' kind of game.

I barely play anything. I do not enjoy life or escapism.

I feel like they've perhaps been holding me back on the level where I've spent my life using them as a crutch to avoid directly confronting my issues, and giving my brain that regular shot of dopamine when I haven't actually done anything. Just like I did with cigarettes for many years as well.

I feel like vidya is keeping me from pursuing other hobbies I have to higher levels, but I have a pretty okay life aside from that.

Thanks a lot, user. I hope I'll have fun with it.
Not really but video games barely have anything to do with it.

what is holding me back is

a. didn't graduate high school due to depression, shitty childhood, and total lack of motivation to succeed
b. can't hold a job because my memory is so shit i would just constantly be late or forget to go
c. hate leaving my apartment

You realize how easy it is to fix those first 2 problems right?

i've tried a lot of meds and a lot of techniques but i can't fix my memory it's just fucked.

Katamari Damacy

Current weight/height?

Gitaroo man.

Attached: 1455304014303.jpg (640x908, 157K)

I've actually had this happen to me though. I have a criminal record now, lost my job, and got denied unemployment. Thank god I spent so long alone saving money, or I'd have probably just an hero'd. It's the sad truth of having a literal facial defect

you were probably trying to rape them

cut out sugar and all fast carbs
eat meat and veggies
cook your own food
measure your BMI and check that you are actually not overweight

Video games are just how you get stuck inside and being alone. You can get stuck inside being alone without video games too.

Working in my pharmacy stresses me out more and more every day. It's like I feel a pit of something in my chest.

No, I was talking to Stacy's hambeast friend, who was much closer to my league. Not having 100% of the attention triggered her, amd here I am, unable to have a decent job

>I have a criminal record now,
wtf did you do?

I wish I were not stuck with bad memories of the only person I've met who I felt I related to on any fundamental level being the most destructive and hurtful human I have ever attempted to form any interaction with.

Stop playing games for a bit. Get outside more, even if it's just hiking or biking.

Spend more time with your loved ones and friends. If they're not close by, call them and let them know that you care.

Don't, wallow in it. It's for your own good, you'll be standing again mych sooner than if you avoid it.

any zelda game.

Play some Killing Floor, user. It's a fun game, and you meet new people.

>fuck up my future when I was a teenager
>blame it on everything else
>only when I'm 26 that I realize it's all my own fault
>it just makes me hate myself more and more everyday
I feel like there was some piece of advice I missed out on to not be a piece of shit underachiever for life

Well I quit video games for a year and shit just got more depressing to the point of almost suicide so I started gaming again recently. It's not the games, it's me.

kill yourself /r9k/

This thread cheered me up a bit. Thanks guys

Attached: 1559353089598.png (432x432, 200K)

get on with it

Therapyfag here. I was told during CBT that the reason I didn't enjoy vidya anymore is I'd play it as a distraction when I was feeling low, so I subconsciously began to associate vidya with depression. After she told me that, I only played vidya on the rare occasion I wasn't sad, and it's helped me enjoy it measurably more. So in other words, don't play vidya while you're depressed; try and talk to someone or do something physical to pass the time, but what's most important is you don't give up user

I don't really feel motivated to play vidya when I'm sad but thanks anyway.

Im doing CBT as well should I also talk about me not enjoying vidja as well to him? because all ive done so far is just agree with what he says which te stuff he does say is true

Quit vidya and devote yourself to the war effort against the inferior species and traitor scum.
Only when nonwhites, leftists and degenerates have all been exterminated will we, the true inheritors of the earth, know happiness.

>CBT
Cock and ball therapy?

Elona+
Blasphemous
Fortnite
Overwatch
Eye of the Beholder
Kowloon's Gate
Suikoden 6

I recommend being as honest as possible. I know that's hard, it was for me too, but no matter how big or small something you think isn't 'right' is, bring it up anyway. I had a great therapist who listened to me and actually had alternatives, and even called me out on shitty things I was doing; honesty is the best policy with them and I don't regret it.

>I only played vidya on the rare occasion
Here's the true answer. When you get burned out from anything, doing it less often will of course make you enjoy it more.

doki doki literature club
yume miru kusuri

so where do the jews fall

I loved vidya, I was just incapable of enjoying it until I controlled when I partook in it.

yeah its hard opening up to those people for me and i know they're there to help me but I need to

With the bad place I was in, it was either be honest to the only person willing to help me, or be miserable forever. Try and frame it like that and don't be afraid to let them in.

yeah

Television distracts me better than video games nowadays. I recommend The Sneedsons or It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Play any JRPG or CRPG and slap it on the lowest difficulty, then just cruise through the game not giving too many shits and just following your gut.

I've a master's in experimental psych and I think counseling is a crock of shit - I believe the primary problem to lie within counselors counseling about topics they did not live through nor experience and therefore have zero understanding outside of what their textbooks tell them to regurgitate

Glad to hear it, user.

Attached: 1480959140728.gif (285x263, 3.99M)

Your piece of paper doesn't outweigh people who are actually in the position you failed to obtain lol. Talking about problems helped me more than anything I've ever tried because for once, somebody fucking listened.

Do wh*Tes really do this?
Pretend like """depression""" is a real thing?
Lmao

Persona games

>Counseling doesn't work if the therapist didn't have the exact same experiences as their patients
You have a masters in being a fucking retard

Cat Quest

Attached: file.png (1600x800, 1.81M)

>you failed to obtain
>thinking psychology is only one field
"lol"

What's that cat's quest?

Attached: cf8.jpg (1226x750, 1.11M)

Instead of fleeing what is making you depressed, confront it!! You can do it!

5'6" 188 lbs.

its a hack and slash where you play as a cat, you can use melee weapons, magic and can wear armor with different stats
its simple but fun, there's a demo on steam
store.steampowered.com/app/593280/Cat_Quest/

You have way more than just a belly.

>go talk to hambeast
>hitting it off great
>Stacy is getting visibly upset she's not getting attention
>suddenly she screams out
>OH MAI GAWD! THIS IS THE GUY FROM KEVIN'S PARTY THAT RAPED ME!!!
>I insist I don't even know her
>hambeast friend starts shifting away
>nearby people call police
>big buff nig pins me down
>DON'T FUCKING MOVE RAPIST
>Police come
>I get arrested
>never was able to get proven innocent because mt alibi is "I sat in my basement playing vidya"
>charged with statuatory rape and Assault
>job finds out
>get fired
>now have criminal record
Being ugly is life on DMD mode

The only way to right this wrong is to rape stacey.

I'm sorry user

Attached: JKVn6zc.jpg (824x1004, 186K)

>is this thing literally everyone has been repeatedly telling me to do since i was born a meme?

Attached: 1568753671007.jpg (320x290, 15K)

If you want to develop your muscles, you need to exercise them.
If you want to develop your social skills, you need to exercise them.
Don't make it harder than it has to be. The only way to improve is to practice, and learn from mistakes

those wireless ear buds look so stupid

It's the normie fashion m8

oh yeah one other thing if you are still in this thread; quests with a + plus sign unlock features, mechanics, or abilities for your current class.

quests that are just a gold Q symbol are just for xp and items.

Main Story quests have a ring of fire

literally just calculate your calorie expenditure and then count calories. It will make you realize what foods are low in calories but still filling, what are high in calories but not filling that you can cut out, and how much you are overall over or under your calorie goals

I’m pretty sure I’m alone in this but I actually have to be happy and satisfied to play games. If I attempt it while something huge (bad) is going on or I’m depressed about something I can’t focus on the game at all and stop playing.

Attached: FB29C8B4-09E6-4B81-BA3E-76C317F0A65E.jpg (1242x2208, 373K)

You have to find your groove, OP. For example, for me Rimworld does the trick. I can be anxious or really depressed, and it's not like that game changes the latter, but It gets me so obsessed and focused on what I'm doing at the moment, that hours go by and my anxiousness decreases. It helps me cope a little, because I can forget about everything for a few hours and that is absolutely great

you're not, if I'm not atleast neutral then I can't play any videogames, if I feel bad I just sit around doing nothing or watching videos.

Yeah, I'm still here. Thanks again!

Was a good thread boys

Dragon Quest Builders 2

vidya keeps me connected with my family and friends around the country. Its hard to find genuine people so I cherish it.
risk of rain 2 baybe

>having depression
>feeling lonely
why are modern men such pussies?
man the fuck up
i have not had a friend or online friend in years and i have never felt depression or loneliness
what causes this?

Attached: male V.jpg (1575x2019, 1.19M)

I don't think I have ever been happy with my life and video games are the only thing that is really keeping me sane with the amount of shit I've dealt with and even then I don't think I have that much fun with it anymore.

Attached: 1519454737157.jpg (720x720, 75K)

take the clown gamer pill, ever since i stopped caring about quality or political agendas in vidya i started having a lot of fun with new AAA titles aswell.

Attached: 1568875915715.jpg (636x382, 52K)

Don't brag about that. Even these numales crying and getting depressed over the fact they don't have a good job / no friends / no gf etc. are better than you since atleast something remains in their DNA that wants them to be a proactive aggressive conqueror chad, most won't ammount to shit and will remain numales some will break out of it because of that subconcious desire. You on the other hand are a complete disgusting waste of space, a subhuman who natural selection deemed unecessary and thus turned you into a lazy shell that won't procreate or achieve anything in his lifetime. Remain like that cuckhold, this probably won't even make you mad since there ain't a M of man in you anymore.

Persona games are good distractions for a while. They also make me really depressed when I remember I'll never have a perfect gf like Rise.