No, you cant get a refund

>no, you cant get a refund
>what do you mean you wont buy games from us anymore
>what do you mean were running out of business
>what do you mean were going bankrupt

Attached: gamestoplogo_blackred.png (1721x1000, 34K)

they're doing fine, as a toy store

more like gay stop, heh got em

ThinkGeek is getting ready to shut down before gamestop is and they're planning to get rid of the toy shit in store. Instead, they're being replaced by retro game and esport setups

all they need to do is the stop pushing preorders and shit on customers and make their prices competitive. there's literally no reason to shop at gamestop when you can get the same thing online for cheaper

Isn't it called FunkoStop, now?

Attached: heh shiiiiiet.jpg (712x612, 209K)

>go to buy new game
>they reach under the desk and put a loose copy into the display box and try to sell it to me as new
>it doesn't even have the instruction booklet
kinda glad gamestop is going under

Attached: 1568727946810.png (1200x1012, 1.45M)

>instruction booklet
that's normal, these don't exists anymore, maybe they forgot a slip of paper that would point you an online manual

Fun fact, almost every game on steam has an instruction manual, accessible via the game's page in the library. Some are very long and extensive. They are just like normal manuals but in PDF form.

Everytime I've bought new its always still in the plastic with the tape? Small town Gamestop though so maybe they never needed to do that shit

This. I couldn't fucking care less about their other dumbass practices

They obviously need to force more """""loyalty""""" cards on people so they can track their purchases and sell their personal data to advertisers.

Jesus you fags gamestop isn't gonna shut down for like a decade or two and you know this

Literally almost every store does this

If you bought a used game you had 2 weeks to refund.

Literally no store lets you refund a physical game.

Why would i go to gamestop when i can go to walmart and buy the game there and NOT try to get hussled by some desk jockey?

>retro game and sports game setups
The retro part seems fine if they become a much smaller hobby shop kinda thing, but I doubt they will be like an actual hobby shop and more like “WOAH, ZELDA GOLD CART, DUUUUDE!”

>buy used game
>return in a week to get my money back
>buy new game
>can't return in a week at full price
This will never not be bullshit.

Personally I hate Walmart because it’s intentionally designed to make you walk by everything to get to electronics, and they are always crowded. Target is a little better.

If there were local game stores within 15 minutes I’d gladly pay a premium to support it.

If you complain about them buying games cheaper than what they sell them for you are literally retarded

>mfw the genius autist guy from the big short bought a shit ton of gamestop stock

is there some big brain play i am missing?

Attached: confused_think.gif (326x182, 602K)

Dude the ones in my area put this shitty piece of really strong packing tape over display copies. The residue legit never comes off, I got in to an argument with an employee when I told them to not put it on. They basically said it's company policy so I immediately refunded it and got it on ebay good times.

Because then you would have to go to walmart.

He is probably hoping for a minor bump when they reveal their new business plan. I think they are trying to be a mix of Estarland and Comic stores. They are still gonna fail but might see a temporary rise in demand during the unveil. GameStop will never not be shitty the company got way to used to not having competition and being able to treat customers and employees like total garbage for profits. Legit the worst way to run geek shops

Lots of people forget that many retail companies are real estate companies first. McDonalds is famously described as a real estate holding company that runs a side business as a restaurant chain.

It often pays to wonder what the real estate angle is for most political and corporate decisions.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE ME POWERUP REWARDS PROGRAM

Attached: 0b3.png (233x261, 84K)

>mfw when I briefly worked for them in 2019
>check out our inventory
>see bayo 2 for wiiu being sold for 45€

Attached: 1462231670825.png (636x476, 144K)