People lament that the F-Zero series is dead, but it already achieved perfection with this game...

People lament that the F-Zero series is dead, but it already achieved perfection with this game. Another would be pointless.

Attached: 2516832-f-zero gx japan.jpg (480x480, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uk0HMiJJehY
youtu.be/cMnp2c4wl7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hfcueookXUY
youtu.be/5PUYUjfQew8
youtu.be/9FxbZt6dm0M
youtube.com/watch?v=vw3e_8NJV4g
youtu.be/pEZscD8CvKA
youtu.be/a-SvxevJrso
youtu.be/mF8-uQP7I7I
youtube.com/watch?v=oi163iyPl1c
youtube.com/watch?v=WWZDMMvbb4Q
youtu.be/SPQupzudw-g
youtu.be/EUSxabS5_qM
youtu.be/KZnvu7dyVCw
youtu.be/r-43YMnlszA
youtu.be/UOo9Zmia8Xc
google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&ll=38.70844155298305,-103.98592187436736&z=3&mid=1z15Lc56-QTzSUc5qMtffaENG1sU
youtube.com/watch?v=I_kU3HHBZVI
youtube.com/watch?v=qIbpeWLxgwk
youtube.com/watch?v=uIWD3K5zLxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's plenty more to enjoy in the futuristic racing genre though. Wipeout, Star Wars Ep 1 Racer, Redout all have very different handling models and they all complement each other.

Awful multiplayer. Also, more tracks is always a good thing

I think it just needs an HD rerelease with online multiplayer. I'd say it'd be successful and the franchise deserves it.

>make it HD
>add online multiplayer
>add track builder

And then you're basically done.

Man, it sure sucks they kept making more mario titles after how good SMB3 was. The series peaked there, so clearly nothing after that was worth playing at all, and all of my percieved enjoyment for those titles is wrong.

Sure. Just port this to a modern console then.

There is currently a fanmade level editor being developed for GX. It's a one man project though.
You can play netplay on dolphin
You can also use high resolution textures on dolphin.
You don't want a new f-zero game with current Nintendo. It'll just be a hypercasualized mess. By 2025, the perfect f-zero game will be emulateable with an anthers ladder style netplay frontend, a track editor better than anything Nintendo could officially do, and pretty textures.

I wouldn't mind some F-Zero amiibos, but they seem to have basically given up on making amiibos. For some reason they decided to make a single one for Link's Awakening of all games, but of course it's not something unique to Link's Awakening, it's just another Link.

Reminder F-Zero anons:
IN THIS WORLD YOU'VE GOT TO BE STRONG

shut the fuck up shigeru stop being lazy and just make a new one

Remember: A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

I just want more maps

F-Zero achieved perfection multiple times, it didn't stopped them back then.

I want online multiplayer for this game and I want new tracks. I would also like new music. Nintendo should let Sega handle this franchise. They have more experience with this sort of thing than dumbass Nintendo

I feel like if they ever made a new F-Zero this is really close to what its soundtrack should sound like, its like the perfect combination of X's rock guitars and GX's electro vibe
youtube.com/watch?v=uk0HMiJJehY
Just imagine racing on Big Blue to this, or getting boost power at 1:13

Attached: 1398964378323.gif (299x240, 174K)

I like it a lot but I fucking suck.

How can it be perfection if it doesn't have Death Race?

Or...

Attached: 1552314493217.jpg (1200x695, 60K)

I agree. However, X had better music

Same. I never learned how to cheese the game physics to win. Every victory was hard earned after failing like a billion times.

Physics cheese only gets you so far anyway
t. good at snaking but still can't beat Diamond Cup on Master

I somehow managed it when I was a teenager. I didn't know what snaking was so I probably broke into fits of rage many times. I still don't know how to snake.

This. I don't want a new F-Zero. I want a fucking GX port with a randomized track cup, online multiplayer, a track builder, and more music.

Stop whining about this overrated relic and play ballisticng

You should be proud, the game is intended to be beaten without snaking so your victory is more legitimate. You only need to master snaking for online play, because everyone will be doing it there.

Fuck online play then, no way I could ever win legitimately if that's the case. I'm also not as good at vidya as I once was.

You could still do more of a good thing. Also, I personally vastly prefer X's style, especially the music.
youtu.be/cMnp2c4wl7Y

Well you don't have to worry anyway because F-Zero doesn't have online play, it's Mario Kart where you have to learn to snake. (Frankly, it's a lot easier in Mario Kart.)

They should bring N64 games to Switch so I can play these games without having to use a poorly coded N64 emulator.

Too bad the original people who made GX got absorbed into making yakuza games

I know it doesn't have online play unless they do netplay. We probably won't get another FZero until maybe after Shigeru dies or something. Kinda wish Sega was in charge of the ip.

>perfection
>incredibly cheesy rubberbanding AI, some of the worst in any racing game yet made
>replaced the motherfucking god tier speed metal of X with generic future techno bullshit
>could easily be made better with the advent of online multiplayer, a track builder, etc.

I just want a F-Zero GX with a stage editor

I honestly preferred X for the handling, levels, and the music.

I honestly prefer GX's music, which seems to be an unpopular opinion here. X's soundtrack sounds like muddy trash to me, meanwhile GX has fucking bangers like Infinite Blue, ZEN, One-Ahead System, Planet Colors, and Shotgun Kiss.

based

I very much like that style of metal. GX's sounds too clean and standard futuristic, which in my opinion kind of takes away from the stylistic charm of it. I wouldn't mind a bit of a combination, like suggests.

GX had better music.

>implying they couldn't make a far better game by making F-Zero x Redline

Oh yeah, it would also be pretty neat if a new game worked in a dynamic soundtrack in some way.

Same, butt rock needs to stay in the 90s.

>Infinite Blue, ZEN, One-Ahead System, Planet Colors, and Shotgun Kiss.
Also all of these titles are cool as fuck.

lmao no, literally the only good song is Shotgun Kiss.
Meanwhile literally every last individual song in X soundtrack is a masterpiece. Also hardcore metal is straight up more interesting as a choice of music. HURR DURR IT DA FUTURE SO IT SHOULD BE TECHNO

How is any song in the GX soundtrack "techno"?

Infinite Blue is unironically better than any actual version of the real Big Blue song.
youtube.com/watch?v=hfcueookXUY
Pure fucking adrenaline.

X is better.

I ended up doing that as Captain Falcon, even though the Blue Falcon's stats are mediocre as shit.

I think it's because if you get far enough in Story Mode, you are just gonna get really REALLY good at using him.

There is currently a fanmade level editor being developed for GX. It's a one man project though.
Source?

I also agree. It's old enough and good enough that a bare bones remaster would fucking kill.

Pisses me off that they didn't at least throw this in Smash. Seriously you have have a literal GX Port Town stage, as well as a Big Blue stage, and yet none of the GX songs are the Port Town or Big Blue music.

I really like this song, however I think I have some form of PTSD due to Ordeal and listening to this always makes me break out in a cold sweat

It's too bad Nintendo's philosophy of being "new and innovative" stops them from building on something that's already great. Just look what happened to Paper Mario. The worst part is they don't follow this rule for other IPs, guess they just follow the money.

Attached: bluebox.jpg (1024x860, 91K)

F-Zero's selection of music in Smash is fucking abysmal anyway, the majority of the songs are all F-Zero SNES songs for some reason. GX's soundtrack is fucking amazing and I'm so disappointed that the only signs of it in Smash are Planet Colors and Shotgun Kiss, especially when One-Ahead System and Infinite Blue are better than both of those.

The Big Blue tracks in GX are fucking sick, though the track that always gets to me and freaks me out is Cosmo Terminal. There's no fucking walls anywhere. I sweat bullets every time.

I think Ordeal was the one course in the game I could simply not get first on in Master.

Even Slim-Lane wasn't so bad if you get ahead early enough but fuck me during Ordeal I just shit on

X>snes>GX music wise for me
they're all cool though. F Zero kicks anal

>Nintendo's philosophy of being "new and innovative" stops them from building on something that's already great
I fucking hate Nintendo in this regard. I understand trying to bring in new and fresh things into a game series, but they should also try to improve what works as well.

Brain Cleaner is in Smash too, which I mean I like it but of all songs in the soundtrack what on earth made them choose that one? At least the new medley by the Daytona guy is fantastic even if that's not a GX song.

Forreal, I'm sick of Ninteno's "innovation for innovation sake" philosophy they keep spewing whenever f-zero and paper Mario is mentioned. Look at how Starfox Zero came out, it's weighted down by it's shitty gimmicks(and rehash plot).
Also this song kills.
youtu.be/5PUYUjfQew8

Attached: FQjQaLZQqQ-6.png (300x250, 38K)

I feel like every F-Zero has that one "FUCK YOU track"

SNES was Death Wind II
X was God Hand
MV had Warrior Circuit
GX was either Ordeal or Sand Ocean for me

>tfw you will never make a ship and create custom emblems to this song ever again

youtu.be/9FxbZt6dm0M

Attached: cri.png (224x191, 79K)

Personal favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=vw3e_8NJV4g

Attached: 1560549354293.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

What's going on here?

Devils call in your heart is in smash so hey

X has the better music. Sorry bros

Wait, captain falcon has his own game?

>every single fake leak for ages keeps claiming this would be announced
>Virginben calls it "gaming's worst kept secret"
>it winds up not existing

Attached: 1560401096393.gif (448x242, 3.99M)

I feel like the character themes are slept on.

youtu.be/pEZscD8CvKA

Synchronicity.

Attached: we.png (128x109, 29K)

youtu.be/a-SvxevJrso

Attached: 1560878552733.png (236x236, 113K)

It's amazing that they made a unique theme for every single character and you basically only hear them in the menu or for replays.

he cri

But we can trust him. He has been right about everything!

X arranged*

youtu.be/mF8-uQP7I7I

Attached: canon.png (445x372, 290K)

I think the only reason anyone even thought it existed was because of that one Command ending. It just "felt right" so everyone bandwagoned on it because it was "about time" for a new Star Fox game. I can't deny it would make for a pretty cool game but I'm happy to see all the fake leakers getting their shit rocked.

youtube.com/watch?v=oi163iyPl1c

I can't think of a game with cooler-looking high level play than GX.

Attached: 1537458330987.jpg (640x480, 61K)

What if they ported the game and added online.

Nintendo neglecting F-zero for over 15 years, that's what's going on.

Attached: 5z1EA2Kmgf-8.png (300x250, 39K)

Well Switch is getting a bunch of enhanced ports of old-ass games that nobody was expecting like Jedi Academy and that Spongebob game so I feel like this isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

Why is every first party Gamecube title filled with so much soul.

I doubt they still have the source for GX since they usually never keep backups.

I think I did it with Blood Falcon or Black Shadow. Either way that shit was hard af, but being a teenager. I had plenty of time to waste.

GX, but in 1080p and with multiplayer, and stage editor.

Because they don't have a gimmick to work on except maybe the size of the discs.

Attached: GameCube.jpg (2048x1152, 1.05M)

If it makes you happy, the guy composes music for yakuza games.

Thing is, the Paper Mario retooling wasn't even fueled by "innovation for its own sake" (not entirely anyway). There was a considerable element of spite and contempt that went into it.
>Sticker Star happened when Miyamoto was still on his years long tantrum started by Super Mario Galaxy 1's Rosalina storybook and Super Paper Mario's very different characters and style, which motivated him to remove story elements and as many non-core Mario characters/enemies as possible
>Tanabe hates RPGs and that's why the battle system of the new games got dumbed down and changed so drastically (when you can't even make the most basic functional RPG correctly, you've got a problem)
>Color Splash was made with full knowledge of the general distaste for SS, but the producer for CS basically said "sucks to be you I guess, fuck off and play Mario and Luigi instead if you don't like the new Paper Mario because the New Paper Mario is here to stay"

Everything is gonna get ported to the Switch except 1st party Gamecube games

I really like Pico's theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=WWZDMMvbb4Q

Which I still don't understand why they did that, larger discs would have been able to fit more data.

Paper Mario wasn't ruined by Miyamoto, it was ruined by Intelligent Systems.

youtu.be/SPQupzudw-g

That just makes it's fall from grace even more depressing.

That's a good one. I like how different everyone's themes are.

youtu.be/5PUYUjfQew8

Attached: 1567400739281.png (295x205, 39K)

The real crime is they haven't remixed Dream Chaser yet.
youtu.be/EUSxabS5_qM

Attached: D5bTerwX4AAj7Pq.jpg (852x1200, 227K)

youtu.be/KZnvu7dyVCw

youtu.be/r-43YMnlszA

youtu.be/UOo9Zmia8Xc

Is being "new and innovative" even Nintendo's philosophy really? By the second post's own admission Star Fox Zero goes back and remakes 64, for like the fourth time in the Star Fox franchise if you consider that 64 itself was a remake of SNES. And Color Splash is quite literally just a retread of Sticker Star. All they're really doing is making what they think sells, and the best response to that is to prove that it doesn't.

that's not nintendo's philosophy, that's miyamoto's philosophy and his shitty influence can be felt over the entire company. I love the man as much as the next guy but I hope they lock him in a dungeon and never have him touch video games again, he's done enough damage to star fox alone

Attached: 1553833641293.jpg (280x330, 58K)

They're way unpredictable in that regard. Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild have some nostalgic shit at times, but for the most part they reduce Mario and Zelda to their core aspects and then rebuild off of those for new experiences.
Then you've got shit like their Kirby games - Kirby's good, but it hasn't been very original gameplay-wise lately.

He doesn't seem to do a whole lot anymore, he's basically just an idea guy that comes out on stage and smiles every so often. Not actively involved in development like he used to be.

>Paper Mario ruined partially thanks to petty hatred
>Star Fox ruined thanks to Miyamoto's innovation retardation and wanting to reboot the story to keep the series in his perceived "glory day"
>Donkey Kong game devs now have to fight tooth and nail if they want any Rareware-made characters to return, and outside of Smash the Kremling Krew haven't been seen as actual characters/enemies since 2008 (DKCR almost didn't even have Diddy, that's how badly Miyamoto wanted to purge the Raremade DK assets)
>Pikmin is all but dead
>F-ZERO has been on ice since Miyamoto wants to crap up the controls with a new gimmick but hasn't figured out how yet
Maybe it's for the best that F-ZERO stays dead since Miyamoto is well out of his element for his franchises when he gets direct input/control. The last two games were at least great. Now that I think of it, whoever decided to give Aonuma control of Zelda must have been a fucking clairvoyant. As stupid as he can get with the series, I can't imagine how bad it would be if Shiggy were still running the show.

I haven't had any real problems with Aonuma, he's pretty cool.

which would be cool as long as nintendo doesn't go todd howard over it

Do we really need skyrim during the PS7 era?

DEAR NINTENDO

So surprised the arcade vers. Was better

If we do get a new game it won't be anything like the miracle GX was. Nintendo and Sega teamed up to make F-Zero arcade cabinets(AX) during the time they made Mario Kart cabinets with Namco. Then they ported AX to console with a ton of extras, including a story mode. They spent so much money and the quality shows but they dropped the ball in marketing imo.

Attached: Mighty_Gazelle.gif (146x230, 2.48M)

I never once saw an actual arcade that had AX in it, I have no idea where the fuck they put that game.

There's a map with all the locations in the world.

google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&ll=38.70844155298305,-103.98592187436736&z=3&mid=1z15Lc56-QTzSUc5qMtffaENG1sU

Holy fuck, Marvelous Marvin's has one? I live like 10 minutes from that place!

>there are AX cabinets in my state
>they're both moved or closed
>even if they weren't, they're still a few hours drive away

Thank fuck that you can unlock AX content in GX just by playing it. I managed to unlock the tracks and a few racers, but I don't think I'll ever git gud enough to get the rest.

Attached: 1464571869981.gif (500x318, 221K)

Wow, what the fuck, they still have them around? I see my city actually has one that was confirmed as recently as 2018. That's cool, hopefully I can check it out sometime.

More data isn't automatically better. Restrictions imposed by data size forces programmers to write more efficient code.

Honestly most of the AX characters are really hideously designed so it's just as well they're so hard to get.

>ywn get that insane sense of speed again
why even live?

Attached: Chang_.png (530x540, 468K)

An AX Cabinent is the only arcade cabinent I would ever consider buying

>GX was either Ordeal or Sand Ocean for me
If you told me phantom road I'd understand, but Ordeal? It's one of the best tracks. Sand Ocean is boring thou

I play AX on the wii with Nintendont. That's the closest I'll ever get to the arcade experience because there are no cabinets near me

Same here. Back then, I got good enough at the game to beat Diamond Cup on Master with every pilot. Never looked how to snake, either. Not sure if I could pull it off these days.

I learned how to snake accidentally after i had already beaten master cups and very hard story mode.

I wouldn't mind a rerelease with online 30 player races, and adding back the Death Race from X.

What's the difference between AX and AX tracks in GX?

Still go back to GX every now and then to rediscover just how much I suck. Shame the future of such a great franchise is locked in NEVER EVER status.

Anyway, post mains.

Attached: aBec4-NL_400x400[1].jpg (300x300, 23K)

How the fuck are you supposed to beat those without snaking? I can barely beat Hard level cups, and I rarely crash or anything. Everyone else is just so much faster.

Snake better. Sufficiently high levels of cheese can win you any race. I used snaking to win half the very hard story mode missions and the blue falcon sucks at snaking.

I exclusively only play Blue Falcon in GX because I'm only used to him and I underperform with anyone else.

Blood Falcon

Corner hugging + boost spam. Except chapter 7. Fuck that, my advice there is: just as you start, before crossing the startline, sideattack to the left. This kills black shadow 90% of the time, then you need to spam boosts as soon as you can, and try to kill any of the boost strong characters: red gazelle, twin noritta, sonic phantom, and specially blood falcon as it's the most likely to fuck off to the point that not even snaking you'll catch up to him. And even then it might take a some tries.
Outside of custom ships , biorex and samurai goroh.
With custom ships, my shipfu is Combat Goose -Z. Low acceleration, bad landing, but ultra high top speed and brutally powerful boost. I've managed to get advantages of over 20 seconds on master AI on courses like cosmo terminal

IN THIS WORLD YOU'VE GOT TO BE STRONG

Attached: Captainfalcon_Artwork.jpg (800x1215, 128K)

you can say this about most nintendo ips from gamecube. nintendo in general peaked with GCN and nobody can convince me otherwise

>wind waker, four swords, AND Twilight Princess
>TTYD
>luigi's mansion
>animal crossing
>f-zero GX
>super smash bros melee
>soul calibur 2 with Link
>mario sunshine
>sonic adventure 2
>tales of symphonia
>gotcha force
>custom robo
>chibi robo
>etc
the list just goes on and on

Attached: 1506048035248.jpg (480x456, 41K)

Who do I have to pay off to get a new Custom Robo anyway?

I actually have no idea. I always just played the arcade version of AX. The frontend is certainly different that's for sure.

too much SOUL for modern nintendo to bother. if it's not something they can gloss up and sterilize for mass appeal then don't expect it from modern nintendo

Nintendo peaked with SNES.
>non-3d Zelda
>non-3d Mario
>non-3d Metroid
>real fighting games and not smashshit

Custom Robo Arena wasn't even that good compared to the Gamecube one dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_kU3HHBZVI
tfw this is my favorite version of big blue

The first three points you listed are all negatives, though.

lmao bruh have you ever actually gone through a list of SNES games to curate for an emulator playlist? most of the library doesn't hold up well outside of obvious stuff like Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Mario RPG, etc. it's literally harder to name a bad GCN game than a good one, because the majority of its library has aged like fine wine.

oney's been playing vanilla Wind Waker on his channel and it's shocking how well it holds up visually for something so old that's not even in HD

Go buy Synaptic Drive when it comes out, it's from the creator of Custom Robo

youtube.com/watch?v=qIbpeWLxgwk

That's what happens when you use an art style that doesn't have shitty muddy textures that age like ass. That and they chose a pretty good color palette over all

this unused one for me, only released in CD format
youtube.com/watch?v=uIWD3K5zLxg

Damn, that's great news. I'll definitely check this out. Kinda sad that all these creators have to resort to making unofficial successors to their own work like this, but if that's what it takes for them to make a new one, I'll take it.

Then just give it an HD release with online play

He stated before that he wanted to make more CR, but Nintendo wasn't interested in continuing the series.

The man himself. His machine is actually great for snaking on max acceleration.

Attached: ibdqz4iixpm31.jpg (3300x5100, 3.02M)