Mega Drive/Genesis Mini

It's coming out today, boys. In celebration, post games, discuss games, whatever. Let's have a comfy thread.

Attached: sega_logo.png (640x213, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eZ2pl-cEq0g?t=786
ebgames.com.au/search?q=mega drive mini
youtube.com/watch?v=MgoXEsgpzzw&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To start: One of my very first RPGs ever was Shining in the Darkness. Started a great series, it did. Wish modern-era Camelot would collab with SEGA again.

Attached: shining_in_the_darkness.jpg (577x811, 121K)

Also really, really liked Shadowrun on the Genesis. Very enjoyable. Killer soundtrack. Highly recommended.

Attached: vitagen's_favourite_aho.png (1250x1250, 384K)

I rike it. Hope it's hacked soon it's really missing a few key titles.

More like post the rom rips of Mega Man NTSC and new Darius.

It's going to be great, they even invited the Sonic 1 team members for the launch party

Attached: EEvmkxuUYAM2pVm.jpg (1028x1200, 265K)

Rieko Kodama a cute!

I kind of want to buy one, but I already have a working Sega Genesis/32x/CD hooked up. And I've already got various Sega Genesis game compilations for the PS2, Xbox 360, PS4, PSP, and fucktons of roms. Maybe I'll buy a six-button controller on import from Japan to use on my PC. If they can drop it down to $50, I'll probably bite.

Otherwise, give me a Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast mini.

Attached: Cast Pilot.jpg (258x196, 10K)

I'm glad Rieko Kodama is still happily at Sega after more than 30 years.

>I already have a working Sega Genesis/32x/CD hooked up
I'm jealous mate. But yeah, you probably won't need a Mega Drive Mini anytime soon then. That's a sweet setup.
>Otherwise, give me a Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast mini.
Yes, this is my greatest hope. SEGA's always shying away from these two consoles.

Or gimme Game Gear Mini. That'd be sweet. The SEGA Game Gear was actually my first ever gaming machine.

Attached: sega_hard_girls_gamegear.jpg (299x549, 24K)

Attached: 1557118089420.jpg (1200x800, 139K)

She's been at SEGA like forever. Just kinda wished she was more involved in recent projects. Last one was 7th Dragon 3 Code VFD which is already finished and over.

She's producing the current version of Sega Ages which is fine, but I really wish they'd move on to Saturn and Dreamcast games, especially now that the Mega Drive Mini is out.

Doesn't it have sound issues

Cute!

>No Ristar
> No Quackshot and Aladdin despite having other Disney games
>No Alien Soldier
>No Sonic 3 and Knuckles
>No Rocket Knight Adventures
>No Shinobi 2
>No Crusader of Centy
It's going to flop big time

>there's a fucking cutout picture of the insides of the Sega CD with Sonic CD in the disc drive inside of the Sega CD

SOUL

Really? Like what?

I can imagine a lot of ebay sellers will be trying to unload the old sega minis on grandmas that don't know better

I'm really tempted to buy one but I own pretty much every desirable Genesis game either physically or digitally and I have a pretty nice emulator setup. I'd just be buying it for the novelty/controllers.

pic related

Attached: EEtfn_dXUAE-0bL.jpg (2048x1536, 495K)

Is that real? That can't be real, no company would be this based

From what I heard, very slight audio desync and the music isn't quite as rich as the original hardware. Still leaps and bounds better than most Genesis hardware knockoffs and most emulation - but it's not quite as good as the original audio.

youtu.be/eZ2pl-cEq0g?t=786

>different games in different regions

no thanks i have emulators already

Do the controllers work on PC?

This is why the Turbografx mini will be great, all the games are the same and it has over 55 games included

Attached: TurboGrafx16-mini_07-12-19.jpg (600x337, 58K)

ebgames.com.au/search?q=mega drive mini

>almost 10 different sega minis available from ebgames
This is going to be a disaster. What the fuck is the the one $10 more than the new one.

You can change the region in the menu and access other region games that way

>Turbografx mini

Attached: 1548527098074.jpg (800x600, 36K)

Not on the Sega mini

Atari mini when?

That's a US disc tho
Is this a pic of the Mega CD unit?

There's a US version of the sega tower, m8.

since when?

>giving money to Nu Konami
wrong

They never said there wouldn't be one, user. People just assumed it was Japan only because they're idiots.

>They never said there wouldn't be one
>People just assumed it was Japan only because they're idiots

Attached: 1542009495894.jpg (800x800, 59K)

not available yet

Attached: here-it-is-in-all-its-glory.original.jpg (4786x3191, 3.02M)

You're a fucking idiot, do you know that?

The earliest versions of the SegaCD were that configuration. My cousin's friend Kevin used to have one, and we'd go down there to play ClayFighter and Lethal Enforcers.

Also, Sony games. Glorified movies then... glorified movies now.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (987x1414, 198K)

That is strange, since it's Japan only

It will be available in the US
Just not yet

No, you can only play the games that come with the system in your region. You can change them to the Japanese counterparts, though.
>You can swap Mean Bean Machine to Puyo Puyo

source?

OH YEAH MAN

DEFINITELY JAPAN ONLY

JUST LOOK AT THIS PACKAGING

SEGA GENESIS

JUST LIKE IT WAS CALLED IN JAPAN

GENESIS

WITH THE US EXCLUSIVE DESIGN

YEP. JAPAN ONLY.

Attached: genesis mini tower.png (694x647, 763K)

When are we getting a mini version of this badboy?

Attached: Sega_Multi_Mega.jpg (1600x1112, 192K)

X'eye/Wondermega > that garbage

source?

Nowhere. I whipped it up in photoshop myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=MgoXEsgpzzw&feature=youtu.be

The sound delay is quite bad

Wait, hasn't it been out for months?

>tfw had mega drive 2 and cd 2 and can't relate to this mini

Attached: 1548995275524.png (429x410, 10K)

I just played a bit of the Mega Drive Mini. Spent a lot of time on the Tetris game if that gives you any indication of my age and then a bit of Mega Man 2 via Wily Wars.

The menu music is sweet. I really want a PAL Sega Tower.

I would even buy a mini of the second console model, which in my mind has the better CD attachment.

Attached: Sega-Mega-Drive-II-Game-Adaptor-2-Control-Pad-2-Games-6.jpg (800x600, 36K)

Is Analogue's Mega Sg better in those regards?

No. Just came out today. It was sent out to reviewers earlier though, sometime in August.

What's the difference between mega drive and mega drive 2?

looks different

That people might play Landstalker again is great.
One of my all time top five.

Shame about no Crusader of Centy / Soleil though.

Slightly different sound chip and Model 2 has a better form factor.

Significantly, but it's also 2x the price.

In 1993, Sega introduced a smaller, lighter version of the console,[106] known as the Mega Drive 2 in Japan, Europe, and Australia[d] and simply sold as Genesis (without the Sega prefix) in North America. This version omits the headphone jack in the front, replaces the A/V-Out connector with a smaller version that supports stereo sound, and provides a simpler, less expensive mainboard that requires less power.[109]

does this do anything other than re-create the tower of power?

The moment I can use the 6-button controller for it on consoles and PC is the moment I buy it. And that's only if it's as good as the Saturn and original 6-button pad.

Purely aesthetic.

Looks pretty cool but I already have a hacked NES mini

>NES mini
>not SNES mini

Yeah SNES emulation on the NES mini isn't perfect, but I've had it since before the SNES mini even came out. Plus I only use it for multiplayer anyway while using higan on desktop for muh accuracy most of the time.

How many game series is the third game the best? The third is usually the worst but Streets of Rage 3 is masterpiece to this day, no diss on the other as they are good too. But look at Golden Axe, 1st is amazing, second good, third pretty bad

Yesterday a bunch of youtubers received american versions of the tower for reviewing, thats where all pics are coming from.

Sega is planning to sell the tower here in the us, we just dont know how or when.

Shining Force 3? Then again only the first 2 were Genesis, 3rd was Saturn.

Attached: Shining Wisdom_B.jpg (1024x860, 980K)

Sonic 3!

>Not living in a different time zone and being the first to get it.

Try harder fags

Attached: 1568863780968.png (1334x750, 2M)

>$169
You know it's only $140 at eb, jb, big w, etc?

Atleast i am only paying half of that

third game is usually the best or the worst, never anything in between

I'd rather pay 75% of that and just wait a few hours.

Better. It's hard to nail the Genesis sound considering all 3bmodels sounded different. I believe there were even differences between the model generations themselves. Model 1 is the gold standard for how it should sound since I believe they used cheaper parts for Model 2.

Feel like I'd rather build my own collection of Mega Drive games I'd play rather than buy the Mini. I really don't like how SEGA insists on the "1 game per franchise" rule. Only one Shining Force? Only one Phantasy Star? Only one Sonic? Silly, silly.

Attached: sega_hard_girls_dreamcast.png (645x1074, 357K)

Because if you want to play the others they're all available on other various collections that are easy to obtain, and the thing is going to be hacked within a few weeks of being released anyway.