I have 1 question. How come everyone loses their shit about some pokemon not being in the latest game...

I have 1 question. How come everyone loses their shit about some pokemon not being in the latest game. But the fanbase is perfectly okay with some pokemon being exclusive to sword or shield?

I haven't played a pokemon game since the gamecube days but it makes no sense that people are okay with this? People lose their shit over a $5 dlc that should've been in the main game, but no one has a problem with needing to buy a game twice?

Attached: pokemon.jpg (2048x2048, 452K)

Pokemon is for autistic people, just like Smash. There's a reason they have their own board.

Exclusive Pokémons can't be found in the wild, but they can be traded from one version to another.

Cut Pokémon are literally not coded in the game, so it's like they don't exist.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Pokemon always had that though?

I'm not even someone who cares about the whole "not every Pokemon" thing, but it's an easy explanation.
Something that's only happening for the first time because the devs are lazy, versus something that's been a thing since the first games in the series.

>How come everyone loses their shit about some pokemon not being in the latest game. But the fanbase is perfectly okay with some pokemon being exclusive to sword or shield?
Because if I have Shield and a pokemon is exclusive to sword, I can just trade something for it to complete my collection.
But if the pokemon is not in the latest game I have no way of getting it( if I understand correctly, you can't even trade from the old games to the new ones).

>have to buy a game twice to get exclusive Pokémon

Do you...do you know that you can trade Pokémons with other people, right? They literally made exclusive versions (Red and Blue/Green) to push kids to play together and trade Pokémons with the link cable.

One is a change of series standards and is a negative, whether you're willing to accept that change or not. Pokemon not in the Galar dex are simply not in the game.

The other is a series standard and, unlike non-Galar dex Pokemon being absent, version exclusives are still in both games. You'll be able to get Sirfetch'd by just trading with someone if you have Shield.

The autists already raided this thread.

Because you always had the option to trade or transfer any pokemon.
GF this time decided to simply not code certain pokemon into switch games so they can focus on "quatlity animations", so that option is gone period.

Attached: 1560279201732.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

This. Legitimately nobody would care if not a single Pokemon from past entries returned to the games at all (see Black and White) as long as the old ones existed in the game code for postgame transfer.

correct plural is Pokémon

Because you're mentally challenged. You can trade between games, you colossal retard.

Encourages trading. I would prefer that they started phasing out the dual versions, I would have preferred if they phased them out the second anonymous online trading was implemented, but sirfetch'd or whatever his name is fits perfectly into the intended purpose.

Trading version exclusives is easy as fuck with online trading.

They've had exclusives between versions since the first game you absolute retard. That's the whole point of having multiple versions so you can trade with people who are playing on a different version.

Pokemon fans are unironically almost entirely autistic millennials who keep buying shitty games.

People are pissed about the cut Pokémon because Game Freak lied multiple fucking times about offsetting it with extra effort elsewhere.
>we did it so we could focus on making better animations! (they got caught using identical animations from Gen 6/7)
>we did it so we could make new models for returning Pokémon! (every single closeup shot of returning Pokémon so far exposes them as reused 3DS meshes with new textures and very rarely some vertex edits like Gyarados' teeth)
>we did it so we could focus on competitive balance! (almost every single battle gameplay aspect they've shared has shat on this notion)

Attached: IMG_20190717_092532.jpg (2382x1324, 349K)

why? the answer is, (say it with me now, folks)
It's okay when nintendo does it

even with online, do you really think, i would have friends to trade with? trading online is conviement, but it doesn't have the same magic as link cable(which i had no friends to trade either on.) shit i was a lonly mother fucker

I have 1 question. How come your such a faggot.

The GTS exists, it's full of kids offering shitty Pokemon for legendaries, but you can get every version exclusive Pokemon with relative ease.
There's no need to buy both games unless you're some kind of turbo autist.

>Be a shitmon for decades
>Finally get something
>Still a shitmon...
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

>Gamefreak is choosing not to port code, despite obviously copy pasting models and animations from 3DS to Switch in Let's Go and SS. Making it physically impossible to utilize an undisclosed amount of pokemon from the first 7 generations.
>Megas are cut. What was effectively "roster padding" that boosted the "new mons" in Gen 6 from 72 to closer to 110 is now entirely undone.
>"DLC," which Gamefreak has never done in the traditional sense, wouldn't be able to fix these because them not being in the game's code means you still wouldn't be able to use them online, just like how ORAS/USUM weren't compatible with other games in their generations because it had pokemon not in the code.
>Lie to fans saying it's to improve game balance and the quality of models and animations, proven wrong across the board.
>They've also gone on to state that they don't plan to ever build up to having all pokemon available in a single game again, the "selection" will be different every title. Which makes no fucking sense.

>But muh version exclusives that on paper were to be incentives to trade and not buy multiple versions, even if they evolved into such, which take 5 minutes of going online and finding someone to trade the equivalent are totally the same thing.

When did Yea Forums get taken over by the furryfags

>the "selection" will be different every title
>this almost certainly means they will capitalize on hopefuls wanting their favorite cut Pokémon next time to further push people to pay for Pokémon Prison, aka Pokémon Home
This is what happens when a fanbase never says "no" for 25 years in the face of growing bullshit.

Attached: D7ss_KTX4AAiDbP.jpg (1200x675, 85K)

This is corporate brainwashing at its finest.

Attached: thestateofpokefags.jpg (1080x1380, 198K)

I honestly find the inclusion of a Farfetch'd evolution to be a bit disingenuous. Almost like they had 6 generations to include something that was heavily fan requested, but once a notable stink had come up, they decided to finally do it to bring some people back. Screenshot this, they're going to reveal a Dunsparce evolution as well

Shut the fuck up you brainlet, that makes no sense in-universe.

I heard Farfetch'd had a planned evo back in Gen.2 development, but was scrapped.

Oh yeah, Space World confirms it, but that was nearly 20 years ago. I doubt it was some form of master plan back in Gen 2 to bring it back two decades later.

Tangela, Lickitung evo's and Leafeon scrapped stuff were reproposed for Gen.4 curiously.

But that's wrong because the pleural of monster is monsters. Also the title is Pocket Monsters, thus Pokemons would be more correct.

Attached: ss_7847a7eec6a671dfdc5e37f3a7b39f3b0182b4f9.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

People have spent hundreds of manhours and potentially money on "living pokedexes" where they transfer all of their old pokemon to the next game and keep atleast one of each pokemon. Basically something like 90% of their collection is cut from the new game.

imagine being so autismal that you dont understand the concept of trading in a game that is advertised as a game with trading in it.

They've been doing this since the first game, the fanbase has been beaten and whipped long enough to the point where they accept it now, like they'll start to accept the dex missing.