One of the best underrated 2d platformer

Yes it is

Attached: SI_GBA_KirbyAndTheAmazingMirror_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 270K)

>underrated
But it's my favourite Kirby game

Not really, the map is terrible, and the level design's not great, they had a an opportunity to make a kirby metroidvania and just went with a generic open-world.
The multiplayer is also litteraly unplayable, it simply lags too much.

>worst era of Kirby games + Mario Maker pick-a-door levels: the game

Look At This

Attached: Ribbon's Bloody Death.png (636x324, 15K)

I liked it but this user is right:
Honestly all the DS Kirby games are as good or better

>worst era of kirby games
The worst thing about the GBA is that you instantly lose abilities
other than that, the sprites have soul, animation is fluid and gameplay is faster. Play a GBA Kirby game and play one of the new ones after that. You'll realize how much faster and more fluid the movement is.

It's not underrated. The map, which is integral to any metroidvania game, is dogshit in this game. It's not even always clear where the entry and exit points are for the fucking level you're on. And the decision to not make picked up abilities permanent means you'll be running around like a jackass looking for a specific ability to continue the level unless you already played the game and know how to run through every level. Don't even get me started on doors locking behind you meaning you have to redo entire levels if you make one mistake or the fact that the helped AI is autistic and will often lock doors you don't want them to REEEEEEEEEE

But seriously. Fuck this game. It baffles my mind how anyone could like this aside from nostalgia. Anyone replaying this game in the current era would see how bad it is. Why else would they not have remade or revisited this game when the kirby series is unironically full of remakes? A kirby metroidvania is good in theory but in practice, they fucked it up.

>with all those deadends resetting your progress.
No thanks.
Kirby 64's cut bad ending.

don't get hit then ya dope
yeah amazing mirrors map could've been better, should of been more like great cave but selecable unlock ability's at any time like milky way wishes as some of the treasures

the spray colours are nice though.
dark meta knight could be the only one to have drawn this.

Attached: 1526612261860.jpg (786x582, 149K)

Flagship was a gem. now they're dead and talentless HAL are just mooching off their legacy with endless callbacks to KatAM.

How did flagship end up tanking anyway?

Attached: 1568242216080.jpg (2448x3264, 1.96M)

By making dogshit games like Amazing Mirror

ftfy

Attached: gba_kirby_nightmare_in_dreamland_p_35nfd9.jpg (300x300, 26K)

>He doesn't like exploring.

>fighter on the cover
>in a game that doesn't have that abilty
play the 3D remake, it's much better.

Attached: 1475047615515.png (532x401, 319K)

Does it have slowdown like the NES version?

>tfw we will never get another Kirby metroidvania with hard puzzles like hero's in another dimension.

m-maybe they'll remake Amazing mirror one day...

Attached: LRN3i.jpg (400x309, 46K)

Nope. The game was recoded from the ground up.

No, the 3DS version is easily the best version of Adventure.

Cool

>Squeak Squad better than anything
Absolutely not

I think they fixed it? it's been awhile since I've played it pretty sure it got made from the ground up

Attached: 1516609939051.png (1161x1059, 1.13M)

Eh, it's still better than Super Star.

That's not Wario Land 4.

Attached: 58e9a55f2dfa1.jpg (2560x2048, 823K)

nigga if ya gonna troll don't make it obvious.

Attached: 1466480300408.jpg (800x600, 303K)

Why would it be trolling, Super Star is just a pile of half-finished concepts

>It baffles my mind how anyone could like this aside from nostalgia. Anyone replaying this game in the current era would see how bad it is.
I replay AM once every year and it's still my favourite Kirby game, because I actually like its map and exploration. Stay mad.
The only other Kirby I liked almost as much as AM was Super Star, and I can't be sure that it wasn't because of Great Cave Offensive part.

better then being a rushed game like squeak squad.

They fixed a lot of things. I found the "occasionally can't dash through block-wide gaps" glitch to be far more annoying than the NES slowdown ever was, personally.

FTFY

Attached: Kirbys-Epic-Yarn.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

>let's make an already easy series even easier
>then the remake of this is even more easy

at least delightfully devilish mode gives you cool shit as prizes.

When the fuck are they gonna add challenge to kirby games beyond boss rush mode

Attached: 1493271304968.jpg (960x1280, 239K)

they kinda tried that with heroes in another dimension which was much needed.

Attached: 1541903977340.jpg (1197x1415, 183K)

Uh.

Attached: Backdrop.png (396x375, 178K)

Okay, forget Adoleine, that ship's sailed. Here's what I wanna know: are Backdrop and Suplex the same ability or not?

Attached: Bugzzy.jpg (600x495, 77K)

Yup, Fighter isn't in the game. Suplex is. Different colored headband.

Attached: Suplex.png (360x450, 134K)

Ah wait. I'm retarded. I forgot about Backdrop.

the issue isn't that it has fighter on the cover, it's that it uses anime art instead of the actual art made to accompany the game

Given they both appeared in Battle Royale's Copy Ability poll, Backdrop/Suplex are the "same" in the sense of Fire/Burning, Ice/Freeze, and Spark/Plasma.