Deep Rock Galactic

Why aren't you playing Deep Rock Galactic right now, user ?
It's pretty fun.

Attached: The DRG experience.jpg (1920x1080, 649K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deeprockgalactic.gamepedia.com/Impact_Axe
old.reddit.com/r/DeepRockGalactic/comments/d679z7/experimental_spoiler_all_overclocks_no_mod/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I am at work

I am glad this game is getting some traction here on Yea Forums since this place rarely talks about actual good games.

Attached: 1568754462700.jpg (2400x4267, 703K)

So am I. Work rocks!

Attached: 1.png (500x413, 168K)

I just was. Molly took until like 20 seconds left to get to the drop pod, and a bulk detonator spawned 2ft away around a corner and camped the pod.

Attached: 1465847914508.png (120x197, 32K)

Because I'm at uni

Attached: 1541274085619.jpg (570x539, 47K)

But im playing it now, since I tested it on the free weekend, and bough it.
Now, when I should start doing Hazard 3? And 4 & 5? And how to unlock the mineral trading/market?

>when I should start doing Hazard 3? And 4 & 5?
When 2, 3, and 4 start feeling too easy.
>And how to unlock the mineral trading/market?
Check the assignment terminal.
It's right next to the mission terminal and is how you unlock everything.

give me a copy.

does anyone know what happens if the mule does not make it back in time, what with the doors opening only when it is docked?

Doors auto open when there's like 15 seconds left

I had my fun playing and uninstalled after the free weekend, thinking to myself that it will be worth the purchase once it is complete and released, yet I find myself thinking about digging and shooting insects now that the sale is over.

and what happens if the mule is not docked when the time is over, if that ever happened?

>Now, when I should start doing Hazard 3?
From the very start. 2 is babby mode, 1 is journalist mode.

believe it or not, most randoms I join struggle with hazard 2, not because of the enemy spawns, but because they have ZERO situational awareness and get lost in a level that is basically a winding corridor.
they are absolutely not capable to survive 3 without learning how to not get lost in a room with a single exit.

Same old same old

You launch without it.

Nobody remotely competent is playing below level 3

none of my friends have or are interested in the game.
and previous similar games like Left4Dead, Vermintide and a bunch of others has taught me that playing these type of games with Randoms is filled with elitists who have each map/level figured out down to the point its boring

levels are randomised

yes, that is what I said, but you seem to insinuate that only competent people play the game...

You are exclusively playing with incompetent players by playing at such a low level

wish this game had more players, my lobbies never fill up

still won't change the fact that all the randoms who play will have everything figured out to a T and will 90 percent kick you if you are new or don't know the meta on what to do, I can guarantee that from experience with other games in the genre
these type of co-op Vs Hoard type games just are not the type of games to play with random people since it becomes "get everything done ASAP so you can get start another level"

i'm hate dwarves, dawi can suck my fungal cock

I'm at work.

>Nobody remotely competent is playing below level 3
That's right but I'm incompetent and playing level 3.

I downloaded the experimental patch and my progress is wiped, is that normal?

Meh, I played V2 and might be one of those you're talking about who figured each map to the point it becomes boring for newer players and DRG doesn't seem as straightforward as V2. Also community is pretty nice, people usually help me with my assignments, answer my questions, never flame in the chat etc...
Also all maps being randomised and classes who truly change the way you play (not like V2 or L4D) will make it more interesting in the long run (only started DRG with free weekend so I don't know yet).

>hasn't played the game
>pretends to know everything
I exclusively play with randoms and have only been kicked two or three times, usually instantly because the host was too retarded to set it to a private game. Loads of idiots play the game and I never see them kicked either.

>get all these things that could be anywhere in the cave ASAP
the only things you can learn like that are your own dwarf's roles and functions, and begin to perform them more efficiently whenever opportunities to do so arise
finding, recognizing, and carrying out those opportunities changes with every mission
you're making assumptions based on similar looking games without being open to the fact that they might not be identical

freeze-gun>flamethrower

Attached: test.jpg (256x256, 11K)

You take that back you DOUBLE ELF

Beginner here, when one can access to new weapons and stuff besides grenades types, and where?

level 10 and level 15 assignments
also flamethrower > freezegun

Because I can't get my friend to play it with me.

I am waiting for my buddies.

>play free weekend
>enjoy it
>try to get friends to play
>literally only manage to get them to play the tutorial and one single mission before the free period ends
>fuck it, buy it anyway
>still managing to play for hours with the same group multiple times because most people have been friendly and talkative
>even added two people through a game for the first time since L4D1
Am I lucky or is DRG's community actually this quality?

Attached: Deep Rock Galactic 2019.09.16 - 06.46.09.37.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

The community is pretty based. Sometimes they get a little clingy but that's ok.

Yup, the community is pretty good overall. Added like a dozen people to friends list since I started playing. It really helps that the game emphasises fun little social things like yelling ROCK AND STONE or ordering a round of drinks and everyone is toasting each other while dancing.

because I'm a poorfag whose been reduced to begging for a copy

I dont know, I play it with my friends and we all agree its fun and wonder why we dont play more but for some reason we just dont

It just bugs me the overclocks are random. It doesn't make any sense why I would get gunner overclocks when I exclusively play as driller. Just retarded padding. I hate when devs do this

it's not, you get one for the class you're playing

So it's just bugged in beta or what? Because I was playing driller and received gunner overclock

the community is very friendly but most people are shit at the game and it's frustrating having to work with oblivious retards with no situational awareness

Attached: 1.jpg (773x720, 123K)

DEEP ROCK GALACTIC PLANETARY

PLANETARY DEEP ROCK GALACTIC

cringe

>everybody gets downed except me during a swarm
>kite for a few minutes while waiting for the resup to land
>end the match with 370 kills
>scout bitches at me for not picking him up earlier and then calls the pod early

Attached: ENOUGH.jpg (600x456, 29K)

Get a load of this pointy eared leaf lover.

Yeah, playing with randoms sucks. I don't think I'd have been able to sink so many hours into the game, if I didn't have a few bros who played it too.

I reinstalled it yesterday to check out the patch. I only have a level 11 gunner and I stopped playing before managing to complete the intro assignments because my friends who I played it with stopped playing. Pugged the last 2 and it went totally fine.

Kinda salty about losing the satchel charge though.

>engi SMG
what the FUCK is this piece of trash?

Decent if you can land headshots.

It's shit, only useful when you're kiting when you can make use of the DoT effect. Direct damage build is inferior to the shotgun.

>rocket jump overclocks

Attached: soldier.gif (214x214, 823K)

>direct damage build
>on electric smg
It's meant to go full shock chance with aoe shock. It's a support weapon, your secondary and turret already wipe entire waves.

>your secondary and turret already wipe entire waves.
>so focus your primary weapon on wiping entire waves also
Fuck that, I'll take a shotgun so I can actually help with praes and dreads

I know and it's dogshit because you don't have time to wait for that DoT on higher hazard levels when there's a million enemies coming at you.

will my former good pc and now entering the potato pc category run it?
discover in the next episode of checking this game required specs

the answer is yes it will run

You're not supposed to only play one class, leukemia chin.

Attached: 1533839265863.gif (598x450, 33K)

what overclock do you guys think is best on the pgl?

Well I've tried every class but...
>engineer just plain sucks. His weapons and sentry are just boring to use
>gunner SHOULD be fun but isn't, not sure why. It's usually fun to use miniguns. The revolver is nice though
>scout is like a mobile sniper but your main job is basically to be the lamp of the team and mine-slave
>driller gets a flamethrower, explosives, drills so he can get wherever he wants
There's no comparison. Driller is THE chad of the team. Everything you do is fun and meaningful so I don't get how anyone can play any other class

>doing hazard level assignment
>go into Point Extraction with a Scout
>Glyphids just spawn endlessly in swarm-sized groups for 12 minutes straight without any time between them at all
Alt F4

bros

Attached: M9WTH8j.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

There's usually a lot of enemies in PE. Easier to just play driller if you can. Drill fast, eliminate hordes of enemies and you can tell bosco to go fuck off and get the ones that's far away

>tfw stuck with a crappy computer so bad even editing the engine through .inis couldn't make it run it above 20FPS
>will miss out on all the grinding for mods and by the time I can play again everybody will have moved on

Attached: 1568686679510.png (1024x584, 487K)

>get into the scape pod
>look at ally
>press V
>he doesn't press V back
FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING SOCIOPATHIC PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: 20d99e6fe5d771d7e3fa13aef1591ec4--reaction-pictures-meme.jpg (274x274, 10K)

How do I into Hazard 4? I die too fast.

What class do you play?

Point Extraction becomes nonstop swarms of heavy swarmer types after a while. It honestly feels like you're on a very tight timer before the bugs begin to overwhelm you so hard the mission becomes impossible. Some of my tightest and sweatiest wins are all from PE missions where I'm trying to convince my team to cut our losses and call for extraction before we're buried in bugs, especially when its just that one god damn fossil remaining to find.

Scout

you sound like a whinny bitch, don't get the game

Stay a good distance away from your team sniping specials and ranged enemies with your M1000. Kill anything that gets too close to you with your zhukovs. Use your flares and slow grenades frequently. Kite with your grapple.

Same, played last night tho is fun I'll join a server tonight if one is up

Your main job is to kill specials, light rooms and mine. If there's too many mobs just retreat back to gunner and let him deal with it. Honestly it's easy to stay alive but you should have the iron will perk anyway, you can combine it with vampire and kill an enemy to get back HP so you don't die

>you can combine it with vampire and kill an enemy to get back HP so you don't die
Oh
Hold on I need to go change something

Flamethrower > Freezegun

Attached: 1566808354229.png (300x255, 35K)

Freezing bugs stops their side effects, like the toxic cloud left by a praetorian

>iron will
>berserker
>vampire
Have fun, user

Also, you can freeze a nexus and when you destroy it, there will be no column of little niggers after you

Is that a real thing? Had a girl fall in front of me once, said it was ok sometimes this happened to her for no reason and told me I could just leave her there.
Always wondered what she had, told me she couldn't move, maybe it was that stuff lol

Also forgot to mention. If you're a driller the axes work with the vampire perk deeprockgalactic.gamepedia.com/Impact_Axe

Keep in mind it only gives you a tiny bit of health and iron will has a cooldown. I don't think vampire is worth using on anyone besides driller since you can drill frozen enemies.

Iron Will + Vampire is such a godlike combo there's no reason to not have it on everybody. Then there's movement speed so you can outrun bugs more easily in a pinch, then less fall damage because you're bound to have to jump down some cliffs every now and then, and then extra revive speed to give you a much bigger clutch potential.

Honestly those five combined are SO meta and SO game changing that if you were to give everybody all of the perks at once it honestly wouldn't make the game any easier on the dwarfs since the rest of the perks are either fun but useless or just quality of life changes that don't impact the actual combat or survivability.

the bigger they are the longer it will take to freeze them though and the faster they will break out of it. I don't think it's worth the effort honestly. Let the scout kill them and then you can mop the trash and swarmers which your weapons excel at.

the fall damage reduction is so insignificant it's not worth a perk slot and not even necessary in a competent team when your engineer can just throw down a platform for you to land on. vampire has its own issues

>If you're a driller the axes work with the vampire perk
>Those things that nuke the fuck out of fat targets
HNNNGH
I've been sleeping on that perk for way too long it seems.

This. Game is definitely not for people like him lol

Fall damage is kind of meh, especially since it only upgrades by one fucking percent at each rank.
Iron Will + Field Medic is stupid good for staving off wipes since you can just drop everything and tank unlimited damage to peel someone off the floor before you go down yourself.

Lol difficulty elitism turns otherwise reasonable cats into obnoxious cunts on this board

>iron will has a cooldown
>45 second cooldown
That's not bad at all. Being able to survive, kill enemies and have time to rez someone is a godsend in higher difficulties

I'm not saying don't take iron will, it's a great ability. I'm pointing out that vampire is not a get out of death free card.

As engineer, am I supposed to be building platform bridges/staircases? I sometimes start but usually either the driller will drill a hole of the gunner will put up a zipline before I finish, so it seems pointless. Apart from putting up platforms for scouts and occasionally over goo or lava rock, and putting down my turrets when a wave comes or at the end of salvage operations, I rarely feel like I'm contributing properly. Could I get some engineer tips?

Being able to stay alive for 9 seconds and take unlimited damage is just too good to pass up no matter what class you play, especially since most perks are rubbish

Fall damage really should be much higher. Problem is too high and then it's absolutely necessary

you found it user, right?

Attached: Unbenannt.png (655x617, 411K)

>I rarely feel like I'm contributing properly
Your sentry does a lot of the work but you need to put it in the best position possible, usually the wall so it covers the best angles

Not really. The other classes are better suited for it. You are the scouts best friend though for mining stuff in the ceiling.

Its dead game that will die off completely after month of final update.

Take all ammo upgrades so that you can build staircases/bridges when you need to. Mind you that you won't need to do that very often at all, but having the option is nice. Drillers who see you doing it and then proceed to drill to where you wanted to get to are just trying to save you platform ammo, which, while not needed at all, is still them doing so with good intentions.

The engineer's biggest and best "team" use of the platforms is to pop one down at the bottom of a high fall so that the team can jump down and not receive fall damage from it, as that's the sole thing the platform gun can do for teams that the others can't. The thing though is that the platform gun is a jack of all trades, master of none movement option, it can do anything you need it to, but it will never do it better than what the other classes can, so if you have a team who's on top of things you'll end up not having to use it practically at all.

I still set up a few staircases just in case, cause you sure as hell ain't making a decent one during a swarm. Otherwise don't worry, I often think i'm not pulling my weight but then at the end of the mission I or the Driller usually have the most kills which means the entire team was less troubled.

platforms have a lot of uses
>preventing fall damage
>covering the floor of the drill rig on extraction
>funneling enemies using repellant
>vertical cover on salvage missions
>building staircases on small cliffs
>covering up resup/drill holes so they don't spawn there
>cheesing missions by drilling down and covering the hole with a plat

Thanks anons, helpful stuff.

Fuck yea. I agree. This game is great, and the more Yea Forumsirgins I see enjoy this game, the better. Rock and stone, y'all!

Too dear.

I'm on my last promotion assignment and could use some help if anybody's on. look for vee in the server browser, password rage.

Attached: drg cereal.jpg (752x1063, 172K)

is this one of those games that is pointless if pirated?

Pretty much yea. You can reportedly play with other pirates over steamemu but if you have the money just buy it.

You'd need some serious balls to play this game solo on the higher hazard levels.

Attached: ECA6kNVWkAEjyH7.jpg (1025x1200, 206K)

>tfw i got the solo haz achievement

AHHHH. Hazard 4 Elimination is so hard. I just want to unlock Haz 5

*haz 5

Is the new update out today or something Ghost Ship?

experimental branch

I'm waiting for it to get out of early access.

Scouts freeze grenade has a really high freeze effect, I know on haz 3 it's a guaranteed freeze against detonators which if you use on them before they die they don't allah akbar everything around them

haz 3 is easy mode

But I JUST came from playing it.
Legit just unlocked Haz5 less than an hour ago. Now I gotta grind my beards to level 25, so I can finally promote my dwarfs and prepare my anus for Deep Dives.

Attached: 1568825204723.jpg (871x781, 86K)

update 25 arrives on 26th.
it's in beta now tho'.

Do you wanna play one of the most fun co-op games alone?
>YES
>No.

There's your answer.

True, but it's the only time I've seen a scout use that nade. I'll have to see if it's as effective at higher haz

because I just woke up but now I probably will

Pretty sure they're adding blank ones that you can turn into whatever in the next update after this one

You’re forgetting the scout/engi synergy of putting a platform right under a vein high up in a wall so he can grapple up, sit on the platform and dig

Overclocks. Looks underwhelming for the flamethrower. I would probably just get more ammo desu old.reddit.com/r/DeepRockGalactic/comments/d679z7/experimental_spoiler_all_overclocks_no_mod/

Attached: 6mdGuHL.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

i got the nuclear warhead in my first few missions
it bombs

This weapon just became way better

Attached: imyKI1F.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

We the matrix now

Attached: Hoverclock.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

The new skins are kind of ugly
Have you seen any that look good? My favourite current one is Deepcore desu

Do the overclocks have random bonuses, or are they all predetermined and you just unlock them at random?

They need to make it so that all the ammo capacity mods are folded into a tiered unlock based on the number of overall mods purchased like the health boost on armors. When you have the choice of taking the ammo cap mods you almost always want to. Like, why would you ever take a rate of fire upgrade for the flare gun over increased flares? Makes more sense to fold it into the unlocks so there's less of a dominant choice in modding, leading to more variety.

i dunno, not seeing one unstable overclock that is worth it. and meanwhile all stable ammo ones look like must haves. if scout matrix kills momentum that shit is gonna disable fall dmg completely.

Always go for everything that gives you more ammo. Turns out all that damage doesn't count for shit when the game throws a literal army of shit at you and you run out of ammo to deal with it and can't get enough because everybody else also ran out and the resupply only gives you 50% each and you don't have enough nitra for more.

I have been in that situation way, way, WAY too many times to even consider not taking all ammo upgrades above anything else forever.

>full auto subata
Finally

Attached: 9VK84Tr.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>not using face melter + direct damage upgrades

well, is it better then 5 months before?
what have been changed?

Attached: 1568560297175.jpg (720x849, 160K)

no

>Like, why would you ever take a rate of fire upgrade for the flare gun over increased flares?
Because it's fucking cool, that's why. Seriously it's just more fun to use. But overall agreed. Most of these overclocks just seem to have huge downsides so there's no point in picking them. With the exception of the hoverclock it just seems more ammo is usually the best choice

>slower movement speed
That's a no from me dawg
More stuff. Check the latest update videos, they're nice and short

the are predetermined but you unlock them at random

OH NO NO NO

Attached: a.gif (920x275, 13K)

Kill yourself nigger.

just hop and shoot like with the minigun

*carries your team*

Attached: 1200px-Engineer.png (1200x1707, 1.95M)

Scouts just became obsolete.

Attached: N2EfwTs.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

I don't get it

1st free weekend in july

>engineer just plain sucks
Imagine being this ignorant.
Engi is probably the best class in the game.

>More stuff. Check the latest update videos, they're nice and short
wow, nice (never thought of watching those videos)

will redownload those deep dwarf horror

No?
It was free in March too for the anniversary thats when I picked it up
Pretty sure its had more than that as well.
All the kids were home from school in July its not really surprising that they were all sitting around playing video games

is the leveling in this game as slow as it is in Killing Floor?

So what the hell are the 3 union factions?

when i played the game in the free weekend it was kinda dumb how i couldn't see the things that i could unlock. all guns and tools were hidden because i hadn't unlocked them so i couldn't even see what the fuck they were going to be. other then that it was a fun game though

Level cap is 25 at which point you get promoted (prestige)
0-25 for one character takes roughly 40 hours according to my stats

I just got my final promotion at 94 hours and have every important upgrade, perk, and weapon unlocked.

You could always just check the wiki

yeah and i did but it's still kinda silly that you can see what cool stuff you can get in the future without having to look it up

Wait what is this? A L4D with space dwarves?

>one character
>40 hours
How? Did you play exclusively on Hazard 1?

what the fuck? is his mouth like 10 cm away from nose or is that his chin?

Sort of
Fighting off the hordes of bugs is secondary to your main objective (Mining a certain ore, Mining for alien eggs, repairing equipment)
Each of the 4 classes have entirely different loadouts with different primary and secondary weapons, types of grenades and some utility tools to help the team.
Its basically L4D/VT meets a procedurally generated Spelunking/Mining sim

Nope.

Well its from almost a year ago so I don't know if rates have been changed and its honestly mostly because I was learning the game so I dicked around quite a bit.
Also I don't know if it counts time wasted sitting around on the space rig as time played for the class, if it does that probably throws me off by a ton

Engi can
>deal with large waves by himself
>deal with big enemies by himself
>deal with lots of little enemies by himself
>traverse 90% of terrain by himself
Engi has the most firepower of the four and platforms are more than good enough to carry one through a mission.

Maybe they changed the leveling speed. I have 128 hours and all my dwarves have been promoted twice.

Bosco > Engineer
Bosco willl always salute back, Bosco doesn't need platforms because he can fly, he can fetch whatever you want, Bosco will always save you

Attached: Bosco_Saluting.png (838x824, 803K)

sounds like your problem is with dumb players user

>level 140 joins
>hes garbage

>well I just wanna take it easy lets do hz3
>nobody knows how to play
>scout never uses flares
>engies sentry out of ammo all the time and never shoots any platforms
Never again

Those are his chins, yes

>Check the assignment terminal.
>It's right next to the mission terminal and is how you unlock everything.
But nothing happens, its grey, and no requirement appears. How to unlock mineral trading then?

iirc it took player lvl 8 for the trade assignment to become available. and you also can only ever have one ass active, gotta cancel that to do another.

70 hours and I have everything

>do a haz4 to unlock haz5
>a scout 1 player 1 joins
They need to make the hazard level as apparent as the complexity/length levels are I guess.
It seems like new people pay zero attention to the difficulty level of a mission.

complexity are skulls
hazard is just a number

You have to literally change the filter to even get Haz4s, default only shows 1-3
He knew what he was getting into

Right now there is a bug when you join the game by quick play, you can be thrown into haz 5 game on level 1 without it being unlocked form the terminal. Heard they GS works on it.

Okay but what I wanna know is how did he do in-game knowing absolutely and being completely unprepared?

I've had quick join throw my into too-high games when I was just starting out. Maybe it's been fixed now, but it's possible that's what happened to that scout.

>Retards
>Difficulty elitists

Why are those the only two options fucking ever. I just want to play games with bros who actually try but not take things absurdly seriously.

I reattempted playing through operation racoon city like a week ago, and I actually had someone join my game when I was playing the first level. Dude proceeded to play with me through the entire game. Didn't skip any of the the cinematics, wasn't rushing through the levels as fast as he could, shit was so cash. Most of the time it's socially awkward people who act like they've never played in a game or as a group in their life. It shouldn't be this way.

Ah this would it explain it I guess, I never use quick join so I wouldn't have noticed

I mostly only used it early on because I was too stupid to do anything else. Stopped after a few high hazard missions.

this honestly I finally finished promoting all my classes and now I only use engi. his breach cutter is wicked, the shotgun one-shots anything that isn't a special type, LURE grenade is the best grenade besides pheromones, you can abuse platform gaps to kite enemies to hell and back, he's just so fucking good. did I mention how fucking sick that breach cutter is? btw the breach cutter is skullfuckingly insane.
>please give us better netcode and cosmetics dev lurkers even if it's just renting a single server cluster in the middle of the USA

Attached: __shirase_sakuya_idolmaster_shiny_colors_and_etc_drawn_by_tokiwa_midori_kyokutou_funamushi__6e92ee31 (700x1000, 376K)