Satisfactory has sold more than 500k units on just EGS

So Risk of Rain 2 sells 1 million copies x $20=$20,000,000

But factor in Steam's 30% cut, and it's down to 14,000,000

But Satisfactory sells 500,000 copies x $30=15,000,000

And you factor in Epic's 12%, that's down 13,750,000

So in the long run, Satisfactory will make way more money than Risk of Rain 2, especially with the cash injection from Epic for the exclusivity.

And I'm not even accounting for Gearbox's 10-15% they get from the ROR2 devs (Oops, that's gotta hurt)

Attached: 1565205309101.jpg (753x905, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/alZb0HI4YhXHjdk86I2z0g==/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/alZb0HI4YhXHjdk86I2z0g/
ficsit.app/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok

i highly doubt that

Yeah it sure feels good when Tim buys all your shit with Winnie the Pooh's money.

Holy FUCK! Steambros what do we do?!

Attached: aaa.jpg (900x973, 204K)

I'm not going to use EGS

What drives someone to create the exact same threads over and over and over again?
Why do you hate Steam that much?

Doesn't epic take all the profits from sales until the game hits the guaranteed sales point?

>I posted it again mom look!!

Attached: 1564746329330.png (918x964, 749K)

shills get paid too non

seething incels so mad that EGS supports it's indie devs 10x more then steam lmao

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/alZb0HI4YhXHjdk86I2z0g==/
Why is the catalog being filled with all the epic shill threads?

Yup. There is no "cash injection" from epic, only a guaranteed minimum profit.

Yeah reality is pretty harsh steamie

I've literally never met a single person who owns Satisfactory.

Will it make me get epic? Of course not. This news doesn't benefit the consumer, the whole storefront is lacking and there is next to no security as well as the scummy practices they do. But hey, if they're getting paid regardless, then I won't feel bad when I torrent the games for free

i dont get it, why is it not a good thing that steam finally has some real competetion? they take 20% of sales, does that not seem like way to much? And Valve never makes games anymore, wont this put pressure on them to actually start doing something other than hats.

I was interested in it but I don't want to use EGS.

>real competetion

Attached: a6087.jpg (815x660, 208K)

Is Satisfactory satisfactory yet?

I'm not looking forward to Industries of Titan taking a gorillion years to develop and have the same yearlong EGS lockout as well

It's still 30%, you have to make more than 50 million with an individual game to get that 20% cut from any revenue afterward on that game alone.

I will never consider Epic good solely because of these threads. You could defend literally everything else about them, but the rampant and unapologetic shills cannot be defended.

I love steam competition. Which is why I buy most of my games on GoG when possible. Epic is anti competition, I'm not gonna buy from a store that is actively antagonistic and tryong to rob me of choice. Especially not when said store is owned by the most vile orwellian dictatorship in the world

Based Sweeney. I'll be pirating Epic games until the entire ship sinks.

Not once have I ever given a shit about the earning of a video-game. Fuck off epic shill.

Doesn't really matter in the end since RoR devs are like what 3 or 4 people? Coffee Stain is like 12 or so?

Tim already won steamie, he owns video gaming. (Unreal bros where we at)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15-01-41-51-363_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x957, 223K)

>literally STEAMING

I pirate everything btw, shill poo in loo

>higher priced product makes slightly more money

Shocker, maybe compare similarly priced products across the same time period next time. I'd bet good money on RoR2's three month sales beating Satisfactory's regardless.

What was the last game Epic actually made?

You're ignoring Steams reduced cut for sales over $10 million.

You are also ignoring the fact that Epic doesn't pay any transaction and processing fees which add a flat fee + percentage to every sale. So really it's closer to 18% + $1 per sale.

Actual profit is $14,500,000 for RoR 2, and $11,800,000 for Satisfactory.

And this isn't even taking into account that Satisfactory was on sale for like $10 for most of it's sales period.

whoops

Attached: 95967444-angry-frustrated-man-yelling-and-steaming-with-rage-yelling-loudly.jpg (1300x866, 102K)

>Steam takes a cut along with hosting all your servers, helping out with development, allowing you to create and put out whatever you want, and integrating steam features
>EGS just takes less money with none of the above, or a shopping cart

Attached: 1555811930073.png (624x642, 312K)

1 Yuan has been deposited into your account.

I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't help out with development, but the store does still have far more features for both developers and consumers than the egs.

you're not factoring in how going EGS exclusive means your next game will be irrelevant to the world outside EGS.

ive just heard they help streamlining uploading the game onto the store

The most popular game, with best content patches, best optimisation and soul, it's called fortnite.

You're also forgetting how Epics 12% cut doesn't allow them to cover transaction/processing fees so they pass this on to developers or customers (passing these on to customers is actually illegal in many EU countries though, so developers more often than not have to pay them).
These fees can be anywhere from an additional 6% to 20% fee on top of Epics 12% cut.

user, Epic has only ever made Fortnite and the Unreal Engine, though I cannot fathom why they chose that name. They don't have any other projects and never had.

>Significantly worse Factorio has sold moderately well.
This is true reason we can't have nice things.

Weren't they working on an Unreal Tournament game? Until they scrapped it for fortnite updates, anyways

Another push from the bugmen. And the thing is on Yea Forums, the more something is pushed, the more Yea Forums turns on it.

This whole debacle is just so fucking stupid. I get Sweenybeeny wants more money for his Chinese masters and wants to rip it out of Gabens fat greasy fingers. But I just don't feel like it's really worth it, especially considering how almost every attack on Valve/Steam was just hit pieces based on warped perceptions.

Like when Shitaku made article after article about "oh poor AAA dev is getting review bombed on Steam, this would never have happened on EGS" while completely disregarding the fact that Valve has an algorithm in place that detects review bombs and doesn't factor them into the actual score.

Or when Polygon or Vox or whatever the fuck ran that hit piece quoting 2 "ex Valve devs" about how horrible it is there and it's basically a cult. Just for some random dipshit in the comments doing some digging and finding out the "devs" to be two contractors that got sacked for shoddy work and spent a whopping 8 months doing off site software work for Valve.

Or when Ubisoft came out swinging with a "Valves business model is just unrealistic" as a clear endorsement of EGS. Meanwhile they're still printing physical copies of their games which take and almost 60% cut in terms of getting all the logistics together.

Unreal Tournament? Never heard of it, are you sure Epic made that? Can barely find a mention on the site. I know there were other Unreal games way back in the boomer-age, but they couldn't have been made by Epic, since they're not available on EGS.

>Implying that this game sold at all
user, it hit 500k sales within a month 3 months ago. Do you see any 1 million sales cheers and tweets?

I find that especially amusing from Ubisoft, considering they force you to use Uplay even for the games you buy on Steam

>product selling for 1.5x more made less but will totally make more in future sales

Isn't it just priceless that Steam sells Unreal Gold and the EGS doesn't?

Attached: 500k LOL.png (540x634, 308K)

>Satisfactory will make way more money than Risk of Rain 2
But Tim won't buy more copies anymore.
The 500k is all they were promised.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/alZb0HI4YhXHjdk86I2z0g/

Remember to keep posting this to make steamdrones SEETHE

I don't get it. Over 500k sales yet almost no hype. Video from official YT account announcing Update #2: Trains & Nuclear have barely 200k views, while the most popular mod have a whooping 10k downloads ficsit.app/

I just mean that it´s gonna put pressure on steam to make their own games, and charge less for devolpers. i likely never gonna switch to epic, but its good that steam finally has some actual competetion. I thought v would be praising epic.

>believing Randy

Attached: 1553066937423.jpg (618x679, 85K)

Oh I'm seethin' alright

Attached: db042.jpg (521x458, 205K)

>6% to 20%
>transaction fees
what do they only take bitcoin?

I could maybe see them putting pressure on valve if the egs were at all competently run. But it's not, so there really isn't much pressure.

Valve doesn't need to charge less because Steam's infrastructure is the best.
It's like how taxes are really high in Norway but they pay for a superb quality of life for everyone.

muh cuck store xd

ok

now

you

can

go

back

seethe on my face

Kill yourself Yea ForumsACK-kun

>Nobody calling out listfag

Attached: state of v.png (1115x528, 137K)

Epic is taking a scorched earth method.

Even Visa and mastercard have transaction fees. How do you think they make money?

UH OH

Attached: Dying Game.png (1149x591, 39K)

its a bad analogy i live in demark which is basicly the same 46% tax. But you cant compare the devs paying more to citezens paying more. It´s not like steams interest are its users (citezens). Its the money, and good user service is a product of money as a goal.

>uh oh a regular vidya graph

UH OOOOOH

Attached: Dying Game 2.png (1240x631, 201K)

>zoomer tv
as your kind say user. ooferino

Big seethe

Attached: notinside.png (360x375, 228K)

OH NO

Attached: Dying game 3.png (595x623, 108K)

When did this place just become the same threads spammed by autists on repeat.

Well, this game is marketed to zoomers after all

seething isn't so bad

Attached: 1566582373600.png (1366x768, 788K)

OK, it is a bad analogy, but Valve isn't just taking that money and storing it a la Scrooge McDuck.

It's funny because there's plenty of articles about epic fucking up people's games but where are those threads?

>Normie dot com
Seethe more gabey

So let me get this straight. Devs get a bigger share for each game sold, but the games cost still the same. On the contrary consumers have to deal with another launcher that they don't want. So instead of games costing less to fight for consumers, devs now sell their games exclusively on the store that makes them more money and consumer get the short end of the stick? Why do people defend them? I mean I can understand why devs do it, but they can also go fuck themself if they are the only one getting benefits for it.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Dying game 4.png (1121x612, 87K)