Unoriginal games are bad no matter how polished they are

Unoriginal games are bad no matter how polished they are.
Nothing excuses using old ideas for video games.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/YtWp8iD9rTXJsmK9M8-2Nw/type/op/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut the fuck up guy, I'm NOT responding to this shitty thread. OKAY...?

He never said that he just said that original video games have a sense of genuine and honesty to them because its harder to do something completely original rather than take an existing idea and improve upon it.

"There's sincerity in originality."
He said Abzu was good but was copying Journey to much.
He liked Dark Souls many changes from Demon's Souls but lamented the stagnation and repletion of the sequels that he still says are good games.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/YtWp8iD9rTXJsmK9M8-2Nw/type/op/
>80 results found
>over 100 if you count non OPs
>b4k only goes back one year

Who the fuck is this shit e-celeb and why is it being shilled everyday?

Low IQ philosophy

this but unironically.
as I've gotten older my standards for video games are higher, but still I'll always trade polish for SOUL. Not saying they're mutually exclusive, but usually first installments in a series have a lot of raw creativity (which made them successful in the first place and led to sequels), and later games in the series usually just have more of the favorite parts of the original without any rough edges left, plus a bunch of generic contemporary design trends to smooth it out, so it feels more digestible like every other game

He's right. It's the reason i was bored of Bloodborne.

Nintendo btfo

Man I'm so sick of shooters making left click the pull trigger button; wasd movement, Yawn!
Someone should be avant guard with their shooters make ~ the shoot button make the movement keys 7yuh

Because ironically his threads are one of the few people actually talks about videogames since among retards there's this idea that if you manage to counter argue him or go against his statements you're an intelectual.

Reality is that he's jsut goot at analkyzing videogames. Soemtimes his statements are pretty on point and szometimes you can tell he's a bit biased, but overall keeps an objective enough mindset that many devs have thanked him for doing reviews.

So every game is bad?
The last original idea was like 20 years ago.

I like Matts videos but I think he needs to get a move on with making a game. I mean he has fuckin tendinitis from gaming too much, surely that's a hint.

Wasnt this the guy who kept saying that niggers never made contributions to video games because they had low IQ?

Repetition?

Refinement > innovation.
All my favorite games are sequels or spiritual successors that took what their predecessors did and improved upon it. I have never applauded or enjoyed a game solely on the merit of it being original, that's just novelty and novelty isn't even a merit because it has nothing to do with the game itself.

I believe it because I can hear him say nigger in his voice in my head when I try to imagine it, and that's proof enough for me

Things like The Spears of the Church repeating Old Monk, and the Yhorm fight having Storm Ruler just as The King of Storms did.

>Refinement > innovation

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How can you rate refinement over innovation if one follows the other, there would be no refinements without innovation.

>Niggers in games are bad no matter how they're used
>Nothing excuses using a nigger
Jesus matt

Bless You Matthew

Attached: 1568642350715.jpg (478x483, 87K)