I tried to make boss music. would you fight to this?

i tried to make boss music. would you fight to this?

clyp.it/ynsrlenh

Attached: 1568346436433.jpg (637x504, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/gybwyolk
youtu.be/itvKNFHtOZ8
clyp.it/khfiu21m
clyp.it/jry5jp5e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

ty

Feels like it would fit to an important boss intro, but not as the fight music itself.

yeah i agree. i should have worked on it a bit more to keep it intense but i liked the emotional feel from the sadder minor stuff. hard to let go of that.

>boss music
>But it's a somber violin that never picks up tempo.

It's more appropriate for a sad intro or a tragic boss monologue rather than a boss battle really.

i can't do faster that well but how about this? clyp.it/gybwyolk

I'd fuck to that.

Still sounds more fitting for a dialogue than a boss fight theme.

No. But I could hear it in a tactics game, while you're on the battlefield. So I guess... technically... it is a battle theme.

It seems to me you have a very specific boss fight idea in your mind, something I'd expect to be used for one character more than a generic boss battle.

What did you use to make it?

You really need some background in basic music theory to pull this off even slightly OP. Check youtube for tutorials or something

youtu.be/itvKNFHtOZ8

This one's pretty good. Keep the sped up part in there it makes the situation tense. Maybe add some deep drums and an occasional church bell, though that's my shitty opinion.

i used kontakt and berlin strings
i'll check that rn
i'll try that out since i have bells actually.. i just don't know if i should do fast slurry legato stuff or short stabbed in chords for things. hard to alternate cuz i have to pick one or the other instrument wise. although i have this patch that seems to work well. this is only with a cello.
clyp.it/khfiu21m

Intro for sure, I could see the hero(es) walking up to the boss while they have their monologue to this.
The sped up part starts feeling like a boss theme but I gotta say OP, both of these are still pretty bad. How long have you been doing this? I do think that if you keep it up you have what it takes.

it's just a hobby thing i've been doing for a couple months now. i picked it up after joining a discord for music production and been doing it on the side. my main goal is to save up and buy real instruments to record myself playing for real, but i know i can't simulate an orchestra so it wouldn't sound similar.

I really like the strings but the brass sounds kinda shitty in the mix. The actual arrangement is really good though

To be honest I like sad boss music

Sounds kinda like a hotline miami intro to a boss like the motorcycle guy

This

I like that one and the other one called "JUST" (lol), both are great. Good stuff, op.

ty. although i don't think i have the aggressiveness down still.. clyp.it/jry5jp5e

I don't know shit about music, but this as other user said not directly a final boss battle theme. More like preface.

It's like entering some final boss castle.
You are welcomed by his butler and you follow him along through corridor seeing some portraits.

Then you finally enter the room, the camera jumps to boss as he notices you. Then final boss starts his monologue as he approaches protagonist.

This one gives me vibes of climbing Ganon's Tower.

Its good. Time to steal it and use it for my own video game I'm creating :)

Stop posting meme frog cancer and then maybe I'll consider it.

What program are you using to make these, OP? I need to get around to making some music for my own game.

Bad. Not terrible, but there is no punch, only building, like if it was unfinished. It'd work for background music for the zone before the boss, I guess.
As expected from a frog poster, desu.

Theres no structure, pace or build up of suspense. I think id put the volume on mute once i realised what i was listening to

>Metal Gear Solid 3
>Mother 3
Thats some good shit right there

I used studio one as my daw, and kontakt as my sampler. Berlin strings is the sample library and I used a sustain accented patch.
I'll try to build things up better next time.
Ill try to learn how to make tension better.

Gonna sleep friends. Night.

I liked the opening theme for mgs3 a lot. I need to learn how to make stringed stuff sound similar. Very 007ish if that makes sense.

the melody isn't very inspired. keep workin. and listening to vg music, especially old ones when melody was very important. and keep us posted

fuck music

It's okay. A little on the short side.

now it's sound like something I'll fight in a turn based game

It definitely sounds like it's the dialog for the boss battle, when the tension is increasing. How long have been composing music and what program do you use?

IMO OP, your song "egs" is probably a lot better as a 'boss song'. You have pretty good talent. Would love to hear some longer songs, especially with more instruments going on. Think you have quite a bit of potential.

Definitely try and do some music for a game, if that's what you're interested in. I'd even recommend doing a few for free, just to get your foot in the door unless you have a portfolio already.

fuck no, sounds like im about to get my ass beat

Two years but mostly just play and record. I use a Roland keyboard routed through a digital quo workstation called Studio One. I had a sampler called Kontakt running an orchestral library.

I have no folio. I seldom save what I make because I don't think it's good enough. I only used this clip thing to post here cuz vocaroo wouldn't work.

Definitely continue to pursue this! See if you can do some music for small indie games pro bono. Get your foot in the door. It doesn't matter if the game sells well or not, just do that to get started and then you can say "I did music for XYZ and ABC".

Then you can try getting hired for $$$, and see where things go from there, if this is still something you're interested in and enjoy.

You should save your works and try to improve on them, even if that involves starting the whole thing over. Try to finish your songs and tweak them so they sound better and better by adding effects and instruments and shit.

it's toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow for a boss music, but would fit as a background music for some strategy game
this one is way better suited for an important/boss fight

Attached: chaika1.gif (500x500, 880K)

Thanks I'll try. I'm hoping I can improve.