There will never be a vidya protagonist as great as Cloud Strife ever again

>there will never be a vidya protagonist as great as Cloud Strife ever again

Attached: 707EC9F9-387B-41CD-9F03-07848AA40538.jpg (153x284, 8K)

Squall is better

thats a big tumor in his right leg

Japan insists in writing their protagonists as blank slates so fans can self insert, instead of writing a good, sympathetic characters that people can relate to.

Attached: 3D6DBB5B-DA6A-4C3B-83D0-A5440D21B56E.jpg (1024x683, 168K)

I am
>survived a python attack in the night
>banged my cousin
>lit a schoolmate on fire while he wasn't looking
>said the n word on the basketball court
>invented the thicc meme
Come at me gamers

squall, crono and fei fong long are better

That's a side ass, user

Zidane > Clud

even cloud strife won't be as good as cloud strife ever again, since he's now been transmogged into an emo faggot thanks to kh, ac and compilation shit forgetting that the ultra emo dickhead "fuck the planet it's just a job" cloud from midgar wasn't the "real" cloud

>Crono
>a literal blank slate
I love Chrono Trigger but it definitely wasn’t for him.

Crono barely qualifies as a character

Zidane is more charismatic, but he’s really shallow as a character.
That he was created to destroy humanity is tired shonen trope.

Truth.

Attached: 1351055648374.jpg (875x914, 199K)

How is Cloud great? He literally has no personality. No arc. He's a boring nobody. One if the worst characters in videogame history.

I never played FF9 for so long because I hated the artstyle and thought Zidane looked like a fag. Turns out he's the most charismatic FF protag.

>One if the worst characters in videogame history.
Not when garbage like Samus exist

I raise you one Zack Fair

No one pretends that Samus is some deep and amazing protagonist, but sure. You're right.

> AC-Fag still fucking seething
Kill yourself

Squall and Tidus are unironically far more nuanced characters
Zidane is basically the nonchalant Chad version of Cloud that durrhurr "he says lets mosey that one time guys" pretend he is

He's definitely far better than any characters from VI or prior titles though

You don't have to think he's the greatest character in videogame history, but to say that he has no character arc is just a lie.

>No arc
Did you stop playing the game halfway through?

How the hell is Squall nuanced? He went from “whatever” to “omg I need Rinoa in my life” in a matter of seconds.

I know people want to cheer for Squall as he’s an underdog because his game is considered a black sheep but his shitty character arc is one of the main reasons why FFVIII is infamous

How is the FF7 Switch port?
I want to play it while taking a dump but I also like my money being spent on important things, like anime figurines

>Squall and Tidus are unironically far more nuanced characters

Perhaps, but I think Cloud has a much more interesting set of personal issues that resolves in a way more climatic and personal way.

Vyse was better

Attached: Skies_of_Arcadia_Legends_box.jpg (325x455, 54K)

His arc is he literally transforms into another character/personality That's a little on the nose, don't you think? He has no traditional character growth or progression as himself, as Cloud. Not untill Advent Children, and he sucked in that. Cloud is a terrible character, I'm sorry.

Spotted the Compilation zoomer.

Cloud never transformed into another character. He lied that made it into soldier and ended up believing that lie. He never thought he was Zack, this is a Compilation thing. I could copy and paste the exact script right now, but it’s his speech after the Lifestream sequence.

You forgot the part where he began the game as a cold-hearted mercenary and later on opens up a bit and actually starts caring about his party.

You forgot the part where he saw Zack die in front of him and develop a split personality disorder from trauma. He's depressed in Advent Children because he blames himself for what happened to Aerith in FF7.

No I didn't, because most(all?) of that is just translation/localization shit that never happened. He's Zack and then he realizes he's not Zack. It's trash.

t. American redneck

But user he was terrible

That's such a stupid argument to make. Do you really expect people to ignore the characters arc and personality because the translation isn't a 100% literal translation from the Japanese version?

Based SoAbro

Attached: 1540689593431.gif (380x262, 968K)

>No one pretends that Samus is some deep and amazing protagonist

Never doubt the autism of waifufags

Cloud was never the greatest MC baby

Attached: FirionDissidiaModel.PNG.png (426x700, 223K)

He let his world get overrun by demons from hell though

>Fagion

That pisses me off honestly.
I wish they'd stop doing that.