Kingdom Come: Deliverance

What am I in for? I like Mount and Blade very much.

Attached: 1564091471902.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

danielvavra.blog.idnes.cz
danielvavra.wordpress.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

being a thief is dumb fun, can be a little boring at times though.

>I like Mount and Blade very much.
I wouldn't really compare the 2 games together. Mount and Blade is way better. Just download and try a new mod

Attached: 1511116515560.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Attached: 606.gif (989x517, 215K)

An honest to god RPG where your only role is a good christian boy with autism, who has bad things happen to him. It's pretty fun, especially if you're into the historic atmosphere. I played with the massive game breaking bugs, so maybe you'll have a better go of it.

GOTY.

Chad simulator

It is great game, but they ruined it by adding fucking bandit dogs.
top fucking kek.

A buggy game with boring poorly designed combat that people here only pretend to like because the devs are redpilled

I want a game like this but, KCD seems a lot different than what I expected so im waiting for Moarhou to go on Sale

It might not be good, but it does feel good to win.

Soul. Lots of soul.

If I had to compare it loosely to another game it's closer to TES than Mountain Blade.

A more than decent, soul filled, immersive RPG with combat you with likely find either tolerable or annoying.

it's only similarity to M&B is the combat
Otherwise it's a very good "historical" RPG, that captures the setting really well.
It's also one of the few games that actually features realistic landscapes
it doesn't have Niggers in it either, which is nice
The Story is a bit cliché, but hey what can you do

Clunky, sluggish, and unresponsive combat

A wonderful piece of eurojank, Surprisingly good story and characters, amazing world, combat you might love or hate. Also, sense of progression you haven't felt since gothic 2: you getting good as a player helps with difficulty. There's no autobalance, no scaling, just more or less difficult fights which are easier after you understand the game.

Played through it three times, loved it a lot.

Attached: 2376357.webm (1280x540, 2.99M)

And you only lie like because apparently you are too stupid even to register successfully to retardera where other sheep would agree to your onions-filled cope.
It is a pretty decent medieval rpg that manages reasonable balance between realism and convenience, but not really comparable to mount and blade in terms of scale and freedom to dick around with the world.

I really genuinely tried. The soul is there but the game is SO. FUCKING. ANNOYING.
If you're going to go out of your way to piss me off fine. If you're not going to let me save-scum fine. But the combination just fucks me off. Every situation has practically one way of doing things and everything else is so ridiculously hard its not worth the effort

Play on hardcore. Preferably with the debuff that gives you less EXP otherwise you become OP too fast.

It's really immersive if you're the immersion type.
You'll only have fun through immersion, because that's when you'll start to think smart and discover that the devs intended you to be smart.
One of the best games of the decade even through the occasional bugs (most of the feared bugs have been fixed now)
Don't get too mad at the monastery quest, even if it got fixed it could and should have been completable in different ways.
The game also won't hold your hand. Pic related is a night in the game. No mods.
You'll need a torch or some alchemic aid (i.e. drugs) to see through it.

Attached: 20181215162258_1.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

alway rember happy day

Attached: 34612356.webm (1280x540, 2.91M)

The most inept fucking starter character ever.
At the start you are shit at everything.
Henry’s dad is a cunt who never taught his son to fight, swim, read or any skill that might be remotely useful.
A blacksmiths apprentice should be built like a tank, but clearly cunt face dad sheltered his son from any kind of manual labour which might build some form strength.

Even my faggot old man taught me to fish, punch and a bunch of other shit that serves me well enough..
but no, not cunt face.
Games pretty good once you leave the first village though.

And here we have a typical example of a player who had too low iq to understand the combat and therefore got frustrated and angry.

one of the ugliest protagonists in any video game and a game fakely LARPing to be a simulator with glitches and shit performance out the ass and pussy.

I can understand why some people think so, but it's really alright when you'll get into it. Also, game is easily glitchable, so you can jump around with a bow or rely on head damage perk and get through every encounter without any effort.

personally i think it's not just alright, i think it's fucking great

Attached: 138445724689.webm (600x253, 2.64M)

Whoever came up with the Saviour Snapps idea is a complete jackass. Sometimes shit outside the game comes up and I've got to quit immediately. It's pretty fucking bullshit when I've got to load from the last autosave, bed, etc. simply because I didn't have any Snapps on hand when something came up and I had to quit.

The combat wasn’t difficult it was shit and easily exploitable the second you learn riposte. The second you got over 10 warfare you just hacked into fully armored cumin and they die. Fuck off the combat was garbage

I liked it but you quickly get to a point where every enemy you face is a grandmaster swordsman. Even peasants become capable of pulling off that amazing master-level super-counter, and they counter every attack. You just wind up circling each other and waiting for them to attack so you can counter. One-on-one, this gets boring. When the enemy has back-up, this gets infuriating. The game punishes aggression in combat but when facing multiple enemies you need to be aggressive.

I'm not saying I want to spin in circles like geralt and murder everyone in seconds, but KC:D's is just a bit too clunky and unwieldy.

I assume if you can't see someone at night they can't see you. Or is it imbalanced in the favor of NPCs? That wouldn't be immersive.

Dad was obligated to protect that little blue-blood bastard.

>you can save & exit
>you can continue later

literally retarded

some decent comedy moments

Attached: 59695695696.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>I assume if you can't see someone at night they can't see you
They can't see you but they can hear you, if they get really close they'll see/hear you.
By stacking perks and dark gear you can be virtually invisible even in daylight.
Every piece of gear has 3 appearance stats, how rich it appears, how discreet it is and how conspicuous it is

The weak should fear the strong

Attached: 1566130461459.png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

when did that happen?

FUCK FUCK fuck that sounds cool. I'm going to get it tomorrow now, for sure. Is it possible to charisma your way through the game using nothing but diplomacy, mostly? If not, is it open-ended enough to allow multiple methods to complete events?

It's a screenshot when you knock others out

Attached: 1539833430373.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

you can go out for a party/bath/drinking with capon at some point, he's sitting bored in rattay

it's a rape mod

You're in for an extremely immersive sim/RPG. You'll get to know (and be) a blacksmith's son named Henry and witness your semi-ordinary life steadily turn into something much more interesting. The game is obviously a video game, and thus not wholly realistic, and only a retard would expect it to be. I played it at release in its buggy form and experienced very few problems. Apparently it has been polished even further than at release.

If you have interest in the setting, can tolerate a little bit of jank, are not an ADD riddled retard, and love immersive RPG worlds, you're in for a great time OP. I really loved playing this game, and I can't wait to replay it again in a year or so when I've forgotten more of it.

>Is it possible to charisma your way through the game using nothing but diplomacy, mostly?
Mostly. Combat is unavoidable, and some boss fights are necessary. Also, it's probably a bit simpler than you think, peasants are just shitting themselves every time they see fancy armor and that makes most of the persuasion events winnable by default. I guess nobles are more difficult to please.

Still, give it a try. Game is pretty strong when it comes to social relations, social groups in cities, how people see you based on how you behave/look, so you'll probably find something for yourself.

>buggy
not really buggy when I played it on release even though people did suffer a lot of bugs.
Game is good

oh and 100% definitely get the save whenever mod. Saviour Snapps is just stupid.

>At the start you are shit at everything.
wow its almost as if henry is a young man who would rather spend all his time getting drunk and chasing women with his two best friends than actually working or learning

I enjoyed it and put many hours into it, but couldn't bring myself to play it again because of how the saving works and the fact that the beginning "Tutorial" takes so fucking long to complete before you can actually get into the game

Also, I spent way too much time fucking around experimenting with the Alchemy stations. I was honestly enjoying myself going around the world to find rare ingredients and experiment with them.

also, I love how you can't read at first, and you need to pay scribes to teach you how to read.

this, i've played it on release and encountered maybe two or three bugs that could be "game-breaking", like webm related. this game is really, really solid, and it only got better with updates. Haven't got any bug on my second and third playthrough, on recent patches, with new DLC stuff.

Also, build-the-settlement DLC is neat.

Attached: 345677.webm (900x380, 2.94M)

>shit at everything
In the first hour doesn't he finesse a bunch of shit from people around the village, beat up a gang of ruffians, etc? He's not incompetent at all, he's just a fuckin peasant.
the flying kick bug will always be my favorite, so fucking funny

>Is it possible to charisma your way through the game using nothing but diplomacy, mostly?
No, you're playing a defined character in this game and are expected to fight. A lot of quests can be solved without blooshed though but at least in the main questline you'll need to fight.
>If not, is it open-ended enough to allow multiple methods to complete events?
Again it's a yes no kinda. Most of the times you have freedom of approach. And as I said in most secondary quests you can find logical ways to complete them that don't involve following what you're told
Example : The bandits raiding the region are supposed to be in this forest and I am to find and follow clues left by them. At one point I lost track of it and came out on the other side of the (small) forest and chanced upon a farm. I thought what anyone in the real world would think "maybe the farmers saw/know something" and indeed they did, and the farm lady led me to a spot overlooking the bandit camp.
In other quests though your hand will be forced but it's always explained in one way or another, except for the monastery...
I STRONGLY suggest you look up if your PC can handle the game.
It's a very beautiful game, the wilds are breathtaking and honestly feel like real forests where I live (although less of a mess since forests were regurlarly tended in these days), the big towns are running like shit even on high end gear thoug, thanks cryengine.
Also don't follow 's advice at least on your first playthrough. You can make save items by the dozens with alchemy if you're the thinking man.
Protip : If you push alchemy far enough you can become the one coked to the eyeballs man murder machine of easter bohemia you never knew you wanted to be.
Sleep ? No need
Food ? No need
Alchemical reagents gathered from the ground ? The gift of god

A very authentic experience complete with bushes having hitboxes, very reminiscent of the 15th century

Also a combat system that says "No" to literally any attempt because the developers thought it was a good idea to make the AI always do Master Strikes leaving it the only viable option for you along with Clinching

Otherwise it's good beyond that, hope the sequel is better and get rid of those potions shit is dumb as fuck

i played this game with the save mod when it first came out. i started a new playthrough and now the game just autosaves all over the place and any time you sleep. i made 15 schnapps when i first got alchemy and 25 gameplay hours later i used 3 of them.

Ignore this user entirely unless you are a turbo sperg. His schizo-tier wall of text should be enough to show you this is not a good person to listen to

>second or third playthrough
don't you get bored? After beating a game once I can't bring myself toplay it again. It's a shame when they add dlc too because I can't be bothered usually

Something important to remember about the combat is that it's not going to look cool. Its going to be downright ugly most of the time and you will just win because you blustered your way through. Combo moves never happen because of the master strike system that enemies can do TO YOU. I love this game but yeah the combat can be dumb sometimes but I guess its realistic in that way that its just a donnybrook and not some cool movie knight fighting stuff.

Is the PS4 version playable now?

Oh and I almost forgot.
Alcoholism is a skill from which you can get perks
No it's not a joke and yes, it's optimal.
You can even find books à la Skyrim to train your skills (you first need to learn how to read though and the way it's handled is fantastic, see pic related is how text looks when you first learn to read)
Yes, you can find training books for alcoholism
At one point in the alcoholism skill you'll need to specialize in either beer or wine, wine is more common and potent and has different tiers whereas there's only one type of beer.

Attached: 20181209221300_1.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

not really, it's very much my kind of game i've also missed lots of good small sidequests because i've been rushing through it. And i like gameplay, so it's not like i had to force myself to do some more of this archery/combat/comfy horse eurotruck through beautiful landscapes

Attached: 1522219106922.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

Master strike is gay

It has quite the replayability. For example, in the prologue when you are throwing shit on Deutschers family's home, you can actually beat up your friends instead

If you remove this the combat becomes actually enjoyable and the fault of your losses is laid unto you. If you don't you can never hope to get a combo off or really do anything but Clinch and Master Strike back

What the fuck were they thinking by putting in "Press Q to win"?

Attached: b01.jpg (683x670, 42K)

just don't press it

buddy how does the AI always press it no matter what location you aim at, no matter how many times you try to feint, no matter how many random combos you start, no matter how many chain strikes you start from any random location? These motherfuckers don't even need to be standing straight and could be staggering around and still somehow be able to do it

The combat is dice rolls and levels. Your input doesn't matter for shit.
As soon as you understand that and grind low level shitters for xp instead of trying to fight tougher enemies with "skill", it's serviceable.

>t. guy that can't parry/riposte

But the devs aren’t /pol/tards as /pol/ would have you believe, the exact opposite actually

The combat is bad.
Archery is bad.
Exploration is pointless.
Alchemy is boring.
Item management/maintenance is boring.
Traveling is boring.
Quests are boring for the most part.
The story just stops halfway through with no ending.
The landscapes look nice but once you see them live they feel fake and unconvincing, mostly due to the awful crytek lighting and weather effects and lackluster sound design.

Ripostes mean fuck all, higher level enemies will just block or avoid them with 100% chance.

vavra is very right wing with for westerners immediately mean nazi ...
if there is some czech bro you can read his blog on
danielvavra.blog.idnes.cz
danielvavra.wordpress.com

>Archery is bad.
I haven´t seen better archery in any other game tbeh. Maybe in some dedicated simulator, but as RPG´s go it has the best one.

skyrim has better archery

>Your input doesn't matter for shit
what the fuck man
either you didn't play the game or you are incredibly stupid and that's probably the reason why you couldn't figure it out

inb4 muh realism

Attached: 2011-03-01_00007.jpg (1920x1200, 467K)

It's buggy
Kinda janky
Soulful
Skills actually take effort to learn, if you're legitimately retarded or want instant gratification this game isn't for you
Exploration is fun
Story is good but predicable
It's hard

Literally the only western rpg that has come out in the last few years worth playing,if you have an attention span greater than a fruitfly it's going to be great

If your hits are not meant to connect due to levels, they won't, no matter what you do. Yes the game lets you choose attacks to trick idiots into thinking they're in control (it worked evidently), but higher level enemies will just parry your every move with infinite stamina until you inevitably slip up, and on low enemies you can just mash downward slash over and over and win anyway.

>Crosshair
>No locational damage
>Walking during shooting
>Absence of draw fatigue
Skyrim bows are gun-like

They are realistic

I´m sure medieval archers had augmented vision that granted them crosshair.

Attached: gg.jpg (232x218, 6K)

I'm sure medieval arrows did the same amount of damage to someone if they went through the neck as a leg

Attached: 1568708555310.gif (500x259, 485K)

Archery in this is really weak on the hardest difficulty.

yeah so you agree with me

90 degree FOV mouse aiming is not a direct translation of live body awareness.
Even Arma allows 3rd person mode to better simulate that effect. Any untrained person can pick up a bow and consistently hit a target several meters away, in KCD you're more like unguided artillery that homes in on a target by trial and error.

>you're more like unguided artillery that homes in on a target by trial and error.
Or maybe you just suck. I´ve had no problem utilizing archery in the game.

Pretty good and immersive game but remember you're just playing as a peasant at first and don't try to project your own character into Henry, it'll only frustrate you.
Once you can accept you're Henry and not someone else the game becomes very good & immersive, loved it myself.
The combat might have its fault but it's also compensated by the fact that wearing proper plate armour makes you a fucking monster capable of taking on many enemies at once and shrugging off all but the heaviest strikes, assuming your enemies aren't too heavily armoured as well which just really feels really fucking good.

Medieval archers used to get a crosshair tattooed on their cornea. Infections were a constant risk and many archers would lose their eyesight in later years.

Oh and when getting choices you usually get the better outcome by making the choices an adolescent slav would make. Don't be afraid to get fucking smashed and have a good time with many drinks, even if the people you're drinking with should know better.

There are two versions of Henry that you can play, tho. Good boy knight Henry, who sometimes fucks up, and bad boy rogue Henry, who almost always fucks up but has more money, sex and drugs.

You're in for an unoptimised mess.

This game runs poorly for me for some reason.
I can get it around 100fps most of the time but playing it still gives me a headache. Maybe its microstutter or the fact that the fps isnt constant even when I cap it at 60fps.

Also the aliasing is fucking awful even at ultra settings.

haven't played it yet but I remember everyone complaining about it running like total shit when it came out?
will my 4770k and 1070 be good enough for stable 60fps at 1080p?

yes

great,torrenting as we speak

>will my 4770k and 1070 be good enough for stable 60fps at 1080p?
Not in towns

I've got a 2700X and a 1070 and it's +60 fps in towns no problem

My henry is a drunk who can help buy play dice til no one wants to play anymore

>i hear you like to play a bit of dice

My henry is a mass murderer. Literally kills everyone that isn't going to lead to guards immediately chasing you. Even in the tutorial I had every guard killed and then moved on to the peasants.

Attached: 1557692361535.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

A true Bavarian.

i7 4770 and 1070 and I have at the very best 30 fps in towns.

If his father was good withva sword he would not be dead

I have choked a fair few people out
And dumped them in bodys of water

I have a shit ton o saving potions with me at any time because i love the alchemy sytstem
I wish they had a blacksmith minigame just like the alchemy systen

i loved how game actually allows you to benefit from occasional small genocides
>this series of quests where you have to heal everyone in the house near the monastery
>like, six wounded/sick people waiting for your help
>tons of work
>waited until the night
>murdered everyone in their sleep
>woke up in the morning, talking to quest girl
>"oh no user, sorry, they're all dead, i know you did your best. i'm free to help you now so we can move the story forward"
>mfw

Attached: 1552673645534.png (747x417, 431K)

What res are playing at?

1080p setting on high

Nobody is innocent.

Attached: 1557428518528.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)