What is the best portable emulationstation Yea Forums? is it just the psp?

What is the best portable emulationstation Yea Forums? is it just the psp?

Attached: Psp-1000.jpg (3840x2180, 2.36M)

no, for starters vita is better in every way than a psp

it can even run the same software through the psp emulator and plus native ones (like retroarch), plus has a 2nd analog, and a much much MUCCHH better screen, goddamn all the psp screens versions are so bad

3DS is better, only advantage the PSP has is for PS1 games.

retroarch is kinda shit unfortunately, maybe when the gpu drivers are developed it'll be worth a damn

Your phone

I've only used it for nes/snes/genesis/gb which were entirely fine for me. Can't say I'm expecting something like the saturn core to work.

Did have to juggle the snes cores at times though.

No, the Vita was. It can do everything a PSP can do and better, plus tons of PS2 ports.

>I've only used it for nes/genesis/gb which were entirely fine for me.
They're all just fine on the PSP already.
>Did have to juggle the snes cores at times though.
And that's the problem, because the 2002/2005 cores are the only ones which perform decently well. And those have emulation bugs. And if they do ever get too intensive, they slow down instead of dropping frames because hurr durr retroarch doesn't have frameskip.

if only vita had games worth playing

even if you don't care for a single vita game, you're still better off getting a vita than a psp

screen alone is already argument enough to me, plus don't have to claw with the 2nd analog

Unironically your phone with a gamepad.

the dpad is the biggest boon to me, but the emulation is still pretty poor.

The emulation is no worse than a PSP, you can even use the psp own emulators themselves on the vita. Overclocking it also help if you don't mind a bit more battery drain.

>dpad
I unironically think of it as the best d-pad I ever used (and I've played on the older stuff like a real snes). I'm not fond of other vita buttons though, they all feel pretty average.

I was actually expecting the PS4 controller to inherit the vita d-pad, maybe at most just make it a little bit bigger. What a disappointment that was.

Certain PSP mode emulators run better on a PSP than a Vita (snes9xtyl_me and Daedalusx64). Vita side emulators are trash, lack of frameskipping in Retroarch means if they drop frames even slightly the game is ruined by slowdown.

Switch + 3DS

Last time I checked retroarch had frameskip

vita and psp are unfortunately underwhelming for snes and gba games. From what I've heard the 3ds is ideal.

It's constant, not automatic. And it doesn't seem to help much in my experience.

Hmm I see. Imo retroarch its shit. Only using it because its the only decent thing on switch.

Anyone knows what the hell happened to snes and wii emulation? For Snes the only good emulator is from 200X and dolphin in thelatest versions is running like shit and has a lot o graphical errors. Used the old versions 5years ago and it worked perfectly smooth

unironically this

>tfw don't even have a phone (not a smart one anyway that can do anything but call people)

I do have a vita though