How do i start with shin megami tensei?

Kind intrested in the series, what's the most friendly low iq entry to get me introduced?

Attached: e6bfdf7f8a0a9537d0441488affcb2fd.jpg (1960x2392, 307K)

You don't

Persona 4

Persona 5.

SMTIV

Persona Dancing

SMTIV

Persona 5

Digital Devil Saga. It's story-driven, straightforward and lacks the more complex mechanics the series is known for like demon fusion. Also, it features boob mouths.

Please don't fucking pick persona 3 4 or 5 if you do you will never get into real smt you will care too much about frienship and girls to face real demons

at the very least go with devil survivor it will teach you to stick to your side no matter who gets in the way and then you will learn in other smt games that maybe even the people in your side should be eliminated too

Attached: devil_survivor_q_by_thekimersonshow-d880fpp.jpg (1024x576, 133K)

SMT IV or Apocalypse or any of the Personas 3-5 would be the best to start with.

>low iq shin megami tensei
Persona 3 - 5

Best SMT game, coming through.

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-Devil-Survivor_DS_ESRB.jpg (1000x898, 208K)

Play Dx2

It's dead jim

I wouldn't recommend DDS, it gets rid of a lot that makes SMT great in favor of being a more generic JRPG. It's also punishes the player for going in blind by making it a tedious grind to earn skills and it's even worse in the second game where you can potentially get yourself stuck if you leveled up the wrong party members. The story is very unique and the soundtrack is excellent but it's such a downgrade from SMT in every other way that I just can't recommend it to new players.

SMT IV. The tutorial is literally the hardest part of the game. After you could beat the game even if you are completely braindead.

Unfortunately SMT is a series where the ideas are better than the execution.
SMTfags will kick and scream but it's true, the games rarely reach good and only a few even reach great
I've played near every game in the franchise too

Play Persona instead :)

ignore personaposts

play nocturne, dds, or smtiv

Devil Survivor fags should be gased.

What have they done to the Earth? What have they done to our fair Shibuya (Rin)?

Attached: image.png (1440x1080, 28K)

>it gets rid of a lot that makes SMT great in favor of being a more generic JRPG
That's exactly why it's good for newcomers. The Press Turn System and using buffs/debuffs is already more than enough for newcomers to wrap their heads around. The difficulty curve is also not atrocious like SMT4 and it isn't a open-ended, story-light experience like Nocturne.

>The Press Turn System and using buffs/debuffs
Persona has just as much buffing, and buffing isn't hard at all. It's literally just press turn you need to get used to

>he doesn’t like anti-grav tits

Start off with Strange Journey like I'm doing

I started with Persona revelations. Forgot the series existed, played Nocturne then Persona 3 and explored the rest of SMT starting with strange journey and IV. That worked for me.

>most friendly low iq entry
Persona: Dancing All Night

this
but more like tutorial + the road till the Medusa boss which is relatively early
after that is pretty straight forward
however going back after IV also means you lose a bunch of quality of life improvements

Overclocked (and Record Breaker) are essentially direct upgrades, right? I'm soon to be playing the DeSus. Though despite being told to play MJT first, I'm disobeying that.

>Start up IV
>its already on hard mode
>a fucking pparently I die in one shot without any counterplay
Ok

>Overclocked (and Record Breaker) are essentially direct upgrades, right?
Pretty much, yes.

>>smt is low iq
>therefore play the baby-mode spinoff that is Persona
Persona is great, but it really caters for its younger audience.

you pick up a game with Shin Megami Tensai in the name, you either put it into a system that can play it, or if it's some kind of digital game you download it, then you just hit play. from there you'll probably see a title screen and have to choose either New Game or Start. Hopefully you can figure out the rest yourself but i'm not optimistic if you needed this much explained to you.

>Unfortunately SMT is a series where the ideas are better than the execution
Well? I'm waiting for you to explain how so.
Surely you can do better than merely "bcoz i didnt' think theyr great. you have to trust me, i played them".

nocture or strange journey, don't play persona (3 and upwards, the first two are real smt games).