Mega Man X

Will Capcom return to the series thanks to the Legacy collections?
Also post kick ass themes from the series
youtu.be/CCLZL7MGxAo

Attached: mega-man-x-legacy-collection-soundtrack-band01.jpg (737x491, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQSYlTTUQdI
youtube.com/watch?v=ubPdDoDgnrE&list=PLTsYlqVy0U-Q9i0tuRwYzmIjuMqEutSk0
youtube.com/watch?v=sNN4yOJZpdA&list=PL2A7C1D877D63D0E1&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=Ily5PT5Gnjc&list=PLTsYlqVy0U-Q9i0tuRwYzmIjuMqEutSk0&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=c6FErnXILP4
youtube.com/watch?v=m6cFAzLdScY
youtube.com/watch?v=JyAgiV0TN1I
youtube.com/watch?v=tBWl9p0fH28
youtube.com/watch?v=jmlq0u345PE
youtube.com/watch?v=aW5LUclMUEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=HQSYlTTUQdI

i think their road map is pretty obvious

youtube.com/watch?v=ubPdDoDgnrE&list=PLTsYlqVy0U-Q9i0tuRwYzmIjuMqEutSk0

never even played command Mission, but this song makes me wish I did.

>never even played command Mission
you should

Nah. It's a pretty bland and cookie-cutter JRPG. Plus the environments primarily consist of a series of interconnected, linear hallways.

we already have a better megaman: 20XX

stop living in nostalgia, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=sNN4yOJZpdA&list=PL2A7C1D877D63D0E1&index=14

A Mobile game for X
A Collection for Zero/ZX
That only leaves Battle Network/Starforce or Legends and they'll have all their bases covered

Or it could just be another classoc game

Aren't they already developing the next Megaman game?

This sounds great too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ily5PT5Gnjc&list=PLTsYlqVy0U-Q9i0tuRwYzmIjuMqEutSk0&index=7

post your x9 hopes and fears

A Collection for Battle Network and Star Force sounds clunky as fuck. So what, you'd have Leo, Dragon and Pegasus all in the same collection?

Expect it in 2-3 years. Have you guys even noticed Capcom's output? RE2make and DMC5 are really small games. MHW:I reeked of corner cutting. MM11 is a really small game for a modern classic MM game. No other playable characters. Add it all up and it's either Capcom is really inefficient or they're purposely making games small to save development costs.

MM11 isn't really built for multiple playable characters. It's designed explicitly for a character with specific skillsets. Bass would be impossible without altering certain chunks of the stages due to how mandatory the Slide is.

user...

youtube.com/watch?v=c6FErnXILP4

Attached: 1549808637031.png (1190x1670, 3.4M)

>they're purposely making games small to save development costs.
The budget is probably about the same, it's just the standard costs of development keeps going up, so the scale of projects suffer. these games are very focused though on what they are and thus have done well, so theres nothing inherently wrong with their strategy.

Here's your remix bro....

youtube.com/watch?v=m6cFAzLdScY

Attached: 1415241267603.png (705x588, 210K)

But was it actually fun

youtube.com/watch?v=JyAgiV0TN1I

Attached: Confused Mouse.png (372x497, 243K)

Yes? I liked the tight level design. It doesn't really require a double jump.

When are Marino and Cinnamon coming back?

Play the mobage and blow your savings on the gacha.

No

Then never. Unless they make a new Command Mission game and just happen to run into those two again, it won't happen. Cinnamon is pointless in a standard game and there's nothing Marino can do that X or Zero can't.

X9 better have SNES graphics or riot.

Better start rioting now.

Noooo

Attached: .jpg (538x528, 39K)

Probably not. I kind of wish they'd do the series as an anime or something. It'd work great for that. Each main series game as a season maybe. Could introduce some interesting themes in there. Maybe don't follow the games exactly.

Seasons 1 through 4 played straight. However after that have Maverick Hunter start to become really corrupt. Gradual though. Human Council or whatever that oversees them starts expanding the scope of their authority and the definition of "Maverick". Eventually, even humans who defend Reploid Rights are declared "Maverick" and the Hunters are told to destroy them. Combine that with a growing theme over the course of the series of biology and technology merging and becoming hard to tell apart. (which leads naturally into the setting of the Zero series as I understand it)

Attached: overdrive_ostrich_mugshot__mmx2____by_kensuyjin33_by_kensuyjin33-dbkb8xw.gif (120x120, 133K)

>also post kick ass themes from the series
I have most of them in one video bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=tBWl9p0fH28

>Cinnamon is pointless in a standard game
Showing Cinnamon in the background of an HQ cutscene would likely indicate they fired Lifesaver.

I would give my bottom dollar to see that more than implied.

She's not even a member of the Hunters.

This will forever be the Sigma theme that defines him.

youtube.com/watch?v=jmlq0u345PE

Yeah, but would imply she did start working with them. At least officially. Where else is she going to go to get people collecting Force Metal Energy for her?

On the place where it's most plentiful, Giga City. Which X and Zero aren't assigned to. Because it's under the jurisdiction of a separate branch. Which technically shouldn't exist because all Maverick Hunters were primarily stationed in a single HQ which used teleportation technology to send its members all over the world on missions. And after X5, there aren't even enough Maverick Hunters left to operate multiple branches in the first place.

The Maverick Hunters being a relatively small organization is the reason why the Repliforce was created at all, in order to assist them. And then it turned out that despite having an overall smaller fighting force, the Maverick Hunters were still more efficient and faster at dealing with Maverick activity than the much larger Repliforce. Anyway, the point is under the central lore of the X series, there IS no "Far East HQ". Hunters are assigned to posts all over the world but they all still report to a single main HQ, which is where they're given all their assignments.

Not that they thought that far but who even was Redips? (Not Signas he's a different dude) They just let some asshole possibly kill the original Redips and impersonate the leader of Far East HQ for years?

Redips was supposed to be the leader of the Far East branch of the Maverick Hunters. I dunno why they called him "Colonel" since such titles don't exist for the Maverick Hunters.

The main reason for all these discrepancies was because because the Breath of Fire team (who made the game) essentially had free reign over the story. It's unlikely that they knew much about the game's world and just made shit up as they pleased. That's why X and Zero are such pussies in the game, and why Axl's motivation for coming to Giga City doesn't line up with the actual sequel, X8.

When that asshole has the Copy Chip technology, how would they know he got replaced? OR, Redips was always the bad guy, always had the Copy Chip, and was always behind the scheme to get the Force Metals, and he murdered and copied Spider as part of his plan. When he did that, though, is the question, because in Chapter 1 the Spider you meet and deal with is genuinely sad and upset about his friend dying at the hands of the Rebellion, which is why he turns on Jango. Then from Chapter 2 onwards they start dropping hints that Spider is not what he seems.

>That's why X and Zero are such pussies in the game
What? Zero spends his time away from the group slaughtering Rebellion forces and X's personality is almost the complete opposite of what it normally is, less "Why must Reploids fight?" and more "I AM GONNA RIP OFF BOTH YOUR LEGS AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH THEM, MAVERICK!".

Megaman X9 could be great. The recent Megaman games (9, 10, 11) have had great level design and that was the biggest issue with the later X games.

I'm afraid I don't follow you. Though I admit I haven't read everything tangentially related to the X series. Why exactly do teleporters mean that the Maverick Hunters can't have multiple bases? That can't inherently mean strategic positions, assets, and resources are all filtered to a single location. We clearly see different ones used throughout the series.

I understand the Hunter's manpower shortfall in X6 is a crucial point that probably even is still a matter of cause for problems like Red Alert in X7. But since that is seriously a problem that can be addressed by leadership making expansions like opening a new branch.

Attached: Red and Axl.png (1134x1134, 893K)

X lost to Spider and Zero lost to that bird guy. At the beginning of the story, Zero was blown away far too easily as well.

Zero got taken by surprise in the beginning and of course he's not going to defeat the end-level boss without an actual battle. You also beat Spider and X recovers quickly in the scene where Spider finds out about his friend's death.

Would someone who beat Sigma seven times really lose to Redips?

X and Zero routinely lose fights in the game intro. Zero has received canonical permanent damage from it.

Attached: Mega Man on 4chan.jpg (900x611, 43K)

That was to Sigma, so it's acceptable.

Remember when X got captured in the opening stage of X3?

I don't like fellating Zero like everyone else but he really really shouldn't have jobbed to the fucking bird of all things. Even with the 100 year old relic excuse he should have been wiping the floor with that fag.

8X and CM do have conflicting ideas on Copy Chip rarity but I still think that either Redips had this thing planned for awhile and had a chip illegally installed or X simply didn't give a shit about Far East HQ considering how easily they planted a mole with them.

And X losing to Vile, Mac, Hi-Max and Gareth?

When the bird is the final boss of the stage, of course Zero's going to lose to him so that we can defeat him the way we're supposed to.

Because that's just how the organization worked. All the units reported directly to the main HQ, and Sigma was the de facto leader of the Maverick Hunters. Not the leader of a specific branch, but the leader of the Hunters as a whole. This one body operated all over the world. High-ranking Hunters are assigned to military bases all over the world, but these bases aren't branches. High-ranking members like Storm Eagle and Chill Penguin are in charge of these bases, but that doesn't make them "leaders of a Maverick Hunter branch".

It's not about what's efficient, it's about the organization is actually portrayed. All Hunters report to a single HQ. The 4th Land Unit, the 13th Polar Unit, the 17th Elite Unit, they all report directly to a single HQ. Signas is the leader of the Maverick Hunters as a whole and not just a single branch. And in fact, those aforementioned units don't even exist anymore; they were abolished after the events of X5.

I'm not saying there SHOULDN'T be multiple branches of the Maverick Hunters. I'm saying that up to Command Mission, all evidence shows that there were never multiple branches to begin with.

Come at me

youtube.com/watch?v=aW5LUclMUEk

Attached: 05.jpg (990x550, 105K)

How? He's more than 3 Zero lengths off the ground, and not near a wall.

>Axl's motivation for coming to Giga City doesn't line up with the actual sequel, X8
>8X and CM do have conflicting ideas on Copy Chip rarity
I gotta throw my cards on the table and ask "How?" here. Even taking the box art as gospel and CM comes after X8: X8 is pretty clear Axl let his copy chip get copied. Which gave rise to the NGRs, all of whom were working on Jakob's Ladder. They were being tested on that project and nothing suggested there were being proliferated across the planet. But even if they had Axl's motive is still perfectly applicable. He wasn't looking for the secrets of re-creating his Copy Chip. He wasn't looking for an off the books lab trying to be the first to reverse-engineer his powers. He was following a lead about someone that invented HIS ability, which apparently lead near Giga City. Axl could have many legitimate reasons to try to track down his creators.

Having X8 before CM does make the plot of having a (or possible a dozen) Reploid(s) with a Copy Chip as a villain less likely to shock the protagonists than having X8 come after CM. But they also emote shocked when Sigma reveals he's involved with Maverick activity half the time.

Attached: Axl Vs.png (600x600, 598K)

Daily reminder that 2019 is MMX IX

>IX
Get hyped everyone

Attached: Ix.png (800x700, 294K)

iX =/= IX

X7 is one of the few times the hunters actually go "Alright Sigma, you can come out now".

Axl didn't let anything happen, he was the prototype model for the NGR.

'bout to finish X5, anything I should know before starting X6?

I hope it plays nothing like Dive

X6 is the worst X game that isn't X7
X6's level design is frustrating dogshit
learn how the nightmare effect works so you don't get screwed over
don't let reploids die because they die permanently have useful parts
absolutely do not go to gate stage 2 with the shadow armor

>Axl didn't let anything happen
>He was the prototype model
Are you are suggesting the actual scientist who created Axl came forward to further refine their work? Despite the confirmation repeatedly stated in X7 that Axl has no memory of where he or that ability came from and no mention otherwise in X8 other than Sigma taking the credit?

Submitting himself for examination to reverse engineer amounts to the same process of analyzing Axl to determine how to apply to mass production. Or he could not be called the prototype, and he certainly wouldn't himself know he was the prototype without doing so of his own volition after X7.

i was disappointed that the megaman series wasn't run and gun in the same way as gunstar heroes
i want to play the games for the imaginative weapons and flashy combat
everything taking on a more puzzley style caught me off guard

i mean i'm not bashing it but it was definitely not what i first expected

DiVE only has that autoaim bullshit since it's designed for a touch screen. There's no reason to assume X9 would be like that unless it was a mobile game too.

Atlas when

Attached: 1547936894563.jpg (427x544, 214K)

There is a patch that fixes Zero's annoying skill that can kill you when you are in zip lines (Up + Attack in air). I think the patch can also disable the permanently killed status of reploids that was not rescued.

>capcom at next big game show
>now presenting:
>Mega Man X: Corruption produced by JKBGames and Capcom

Please don't shut it down Capcom, this is the never-ever fangame to end all never-ever fangames.

sorry user, we can't allow any competition for x dive, it has to be shut down

Attached: images.jpg (555x553, 71K)