Pathologic: In my restless dreams i see that town. Town-on Gorkhon

You promised me you'd come visit me there again someday. But you never did.
Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you...

Waiting for you to
come to see me.

But you never do.

And so I wait, wrapped in a bed sheet, holding bottle of twyrine.

I know I've done a terrible
thing to you. Something you'll
never forgive me for.

Attached: Town-on-Gorkhon.jpg (811x458, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaylords_(American_vocal_group)
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
youtube.com/watch?v=snuwvpNEWIo&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=HPe6BgzHWY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good thing I found a thread
So how exactly does the children's game work?
I tried to leave on the stashes what I thought was fair but they told me I was out of the game anyway

Even if you're out of the game, you can still find caches manually or by using twyrine

I never actually bothered to follow the rules and always took everything from the caches til the end of the game.

Sounds like Eva's letter.

Attached: 1568514424191.png (1672x1083, 1.11M)

bloodthirsty Mother Superior.

were you punished for that at in some way?
if not i feel kinda dumb for rejecting so much nice loot

Nope. Stash markers just stopped appearing on the map, so i used twyrine to find them.

I mean, I played the game and gave them more stuff, sometimes never even took stuff and I stopped getting markers. Now I feel dumb, lol

Also, you just did it the fair way, user.

ah, that's a nice perspective

Attached: 20190918175723_1.jpg (1600x900, 161K)

Hmm, that's strange. Guess we should wait for some actor who played it til the end with the markers.
Maybe next walkthroug i'll try exchange cache items more generously lol

Katerina's had a hard life

i've heard people say things like if you put stuff in there you get better stuff in the next one. i can't say i've seen that though.

Attached: 20190918173154_1.jpg (1600x900, 158K)

i'm considering sending letting them take Grace from the cemetery since I really struggled with that choice in my first playthrough.
I assume Peter isn't bad to her or anything

Attached: 20190918205616_1.jpg (1600x900, 223K)

Attached: Peter tried to unlock phone.jpg (521x413, 26K)

Attached: w4fILVrLLuM.jpg (2388x1956, 352K)

Her birth parents abused twyrine
Peter doesn't go easy on the twyrine

oh god... i didn't think about that...
damn now i need to rethink things

Attached: 20190918171557_1.jpg (1600x900, 159K)

I mean, he'll probably still do better than they did but think with your heart, Menkhu. You know the lines

Attached: Grace.png (295x395, 111K)

I intend to try that next time.
I wonder what kids would think if i put in cache some organs and herbs haha

Same goes for Grace herself. Than Peter and Grace should get along just fine.

both of the stamatins are just freaking me out these days. i liked both of them in my first playthrough, nice thing about going through the game again is picking up new things. some say if you go to farkhads grave at the stroke of midnight, his ghost appears and calls them gaylords.

Attached: Pathologic 2.png (500x775, 370K)

your words are wise, yargachin

lol, i've tried putting in herbs this time because for some reason 1/2 i find is blood so i always have a massive amount of it. organs take up a lot of space so i bet they'd dig it.

Attached: 20190918171720_1.jpg (1600x900, 188K)

>farkhads ghost appears and calls Stamatins gaylords

I like this made up urban legend and wouldn't mind taking quest to visit Farkhads grave.

Brothers have something to do with this music band? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaylords_(American_vocal_group)

Attached: tumblr_puqq9voDa41umj3c4o1_1280.png (952x807, 777K)

yeah, why do you think they made the polyhedron? it's got great acoustics. they're just too embarrassed to admit it.

Attached: 1566972094291.jpg (1200x1406, 239K)

>beginning of Day 7
>Only [spoilers]Katarina and Peter infected, no deaths[/spoilers]
>5 [spoilers]Smowders[/spoilers] left
>no infection
>upgraded inventory twice
>upgraded organ brewing machine once
>20 water bottles and about 7 of each tinctures left

how am i doing, actors?

i appreciated this meme and am a penguin classics fan

Attached: 20190918203510_1.jpg (1600x900, 127K)

beginning of Day 7
Only [spoilers]Katarina and Peter infected, no deaths[/spoilers]
5 [spoilers]Smowders[/spoilers] left
no infection
upgraded inventory twice
upgraded organ brewing machine once
20 water bottles and about 7 of each tinctures left

how am i doing, actors?

i appreciate this meme and am a penguin's classics fan

Attached: 20190918203510_1.jpg (1600x900, 127K)

was going to delete it again but screw it. gotta just live with that mistake. not really spoilers anyways.

Attached: 20190918041101_1.jpg (1600x900, 151K)

you know those kin who hang around the termitary and ask a favour? is it actually possible to help them out? all 3 playthroughs, i've just told them to go home.

you're doing suspiciously well but maybe you're a veteran cutter.

Attached: ghuig.png (1280x720, 907K)

yeah second playthrough and i've watched a let's play, plus all the tips people in here talk about. all very helpful lol

i'm afraid i've missed that quest on both playthrough's. that'd be nice if you could though

Attached: thin mousta.jpg (750x800, 227K)

ctrl+s

what do you suppose his role could be in the future town?

Attached: notkin_en.jpg (1000x916, 354K)

i've come to this site for years and never knew that. thanks, bud. you're a kind soul

I think he's going to represent the introduction of economic rivalry and competition to the town, challenging Big Vlad

Attached: 20190918211536_1.jpg (1600x900, 207K)

The game should have an automatic failstate if you don't keep Murky safe.

Attached: Murky.png (1400x1000, 828K)

You can't actually help them, but if you have accepted their money, you can give it back to them at Aspity's house, early morning on day 3.
There's an achievement for doing so.

I kinda hate that you have to let her die in order to get an achievement. Probably won't end up getting that one desu

Attached: 20190918222858_1.jpg (1600x900, 201K)

Attached: c48a06b7a3e45d41299cbb1b144dc0f2.jpg (341x512, 24K)

Does any kind Actor still have a copy of the original, original English translation? Not the version that's currently on GOG as the non-HD version; the very first translation that was the CD release. It was even more of a fever-dream than the second English translation.

Attached: literally an angel.jpg (556x840, 51K)

oh that's a real link, lol.
wasn't expecting that

i've really grown fond of the worms

Attached: 20190918171426_1.jpg (1600x900, 160K)

Their kind has strange exual dimorphism though.

>I think he's going to represent the introduction of economic rivalry and competition to the town, challenging Big Vlad

seems pretty accurate, always knew notkin was based. i would be interested to see how that plays out with young vlad.

by the way, why is his name notkin? seems strange seeing as for the children, he's the opposition for the whole modernisation thing.

>tfw passing some house omw to a quest
>hear piano music coming from inside
>decide to investigate
>go upstairs, find Capella and start a new quest
love random encounters like these

aye, turned up to 11. maybe they're supposed to represent like extreme conceptions of the male and female? just throwing things out there lol

yeah that's a good question, i can't think of anything. it could be something dumb like "not-kin" but that's a little too dumb and doesn't really seem to characterize him.

that's an understandable interpretation, notkin and khan representing kind of like mini-artemy and bachelor.
I kind of saw him as more of a naturalist, pragmatist, realist type versus khan's rationalist, idealist, technocrat ideology.
Notkin is certainly more animalistic for sure what with the scruffy hair and scratches and leash which juxtaposes nicely against khan's almost militaristic clean haircut, orderly, clean appearance.
you could derive a lot of things from the two. I think i'd say Notkin represents kind of an naturalistic humanism in opposition to Khan's structured idealism

Marble Nest out before the year is over

>why is his name notkin

His name's technically pretty common russian surname.
Maybe it's derived from "nota" - note > "notka" - small note. Idk if it was supposed to have something with the music though.

Is that a prediction?
Can't wait to play sassy ass bachelor.

oh wow! very cool. i keep forgetting this was a Russian game first and foremost. so many neat cultural things i've probably missed

Attached: 20190917215706_1.jpg (1600x900, 154K)

Looks like it's not limited to eastern europe lol

Attached: Notkin.jpg (911x860, 228K)

And it has hebrew origin.

Attached: d3e68dfe67.jpg (834x553, 268K)

even more interesting developments!
i can't say i can remember ever hearing specifically hearing the name elsewhere but maybe i have. it appears not to be very rare here

Attached: 20190915211349_1.jpg (1600x900, 227K)

>that voice line
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do

gang war is hell.

Attached: tumblr_owl1xnSUOx1rl0s2xo1_1280.jpg (820x673, 126K)

I really dislike that character surviving is tied to RNG
It should be like: antibiotic doesnt tell you immediately if it was successful or not, but applied properly it should always save the patient. Pain also should be more of a nuisance, I dont think i ever had any issue with that.
This way you couldnt savescum to get proper treatment every time, would have to properly diagnose everyone or just have 33% chance of getting it right.

Yeah but fuck Notkin

yeah and if pain starts being more impactful, then shmowders should raise pain all the way up seeing as they're supposed to be dangerous.

capella has cooties, khan.

yeah. it'll be interesting to see what they'll have in store for the bachelor instead. the whole thing medical thing probably could have been done better but i don't hate it.

i hear it, nice call. probably won't be able to unhear it now lol

Someone uploaded Khan's dialogs among which are phrases like "We'll get married won't we? Let's do it tomorrow"and "I love you". If those are (obviously) intended for Capella, does it means developers were planning to add actual convos between characters?
It's not like that marriage dialog adressed to Haruspex ahaha

youtube.com/watch?v=snuwvpNEWIo&t=9s

P.S. What a shameless playboy your Khan is.

Khan says that at 1:12

this channel is very good
on a slightly related note has anyone else had russian voicelines play sometimes even though they've always had it set to english? thought it was actually cool when it happened.
i think i'll do a playthrough with russian voices on sometime.

Attached: 1567190762936.png (788x759, 438K)

>voice of a 50 year old woman

lol yes, i don't know why's his voice trembling like that, like if he's 90 y.o.

...wait maybe he is. time passes differently in Polyhedron, you know.

"When the cat is away, the mice will play" is something i vividly recall Lika saying.
he really does have a bit of an odd voice
i'll adopt that as my preferred theory

Attached: 20190917224251_1.jpg (1600x900, 149K)

ironic how Khan and Maria hate their dad when he's so based

Attached: 20190918194201_1.jpg (1600x900, 151K)

>"When the cat is away, the mice will play"

Knows well kitten who's meat is eaten.
It's from the P1.

something about nursery rhymes are so spooky, lol
you have a great memory

Adolescent rebellion. Khan is a spitting image of his father so Victor prolly was the same jerk in his teens.

Maria hates Victor?

So in my first playthrough I lost 8 people, but none of them were from the list or blood
Is there a reason to start a new profile and save every single one? Or just additional dialogue on the last day?

ah, good point. that's better character understanding
hate is probably too strong, but i got the impression she certainly didn't care for him very much or at least care about his opinion based on her dialog when you catch her in the vacant house or some of her in room talking stuff

We gotta keep in mind that Maria's being cross with Burakh the entire game so anything she says is veiled in a thick layer of grump. Bachelor will probably hear something a bit closer to the truth from her even if everyone's lying to Bachelor because he's a dummy

And of course we have to remember that Maria may or may not be possessed by her mother of have magical powers so it makes sense that she's rather indifferent about her father

as with several other times already tonight, i've gained a different interpretation of things now.
i like these threads a lot, it's great hearing what other people are thinking

Attached: 20190918221854_1.jpg (1600x900, 262K)

i don't think its actually possible to save everyone legitimately. next time i'd just save everyone who died last time and let some others die instead, because you probably missed stuff involving those characters.

I really love how Pathologic has characters, concepts and events that are open to interpretation with plenty of material to actually form your ideas and views on. It makes it a treat to talk about afterwards because while some things are set in stone, others are covered in mutually exclusive truths so you get to think yourself and by sharing ideas with others, you get to expand your interpretation since while you might have picked up on one thing, someone else will have noticed something different that suddenly makes something you didn't quite understand make perfect sense
It's also why I really like the idea of having three playable characters that are widely different because you'll get a completely different view on the world and its people depending on who you play as and while they all contradict each other, they also add up perfectly

Attached: 1568231459032.jpg (3000x1171, 750K)

Am excited to see what ipl do after pathologic 2 is done.
Maybe a smaller, possibly mobile game like knock knock, and then something big

Attached: nikolayy.png (1349x748, 666K)

yeah, exactly. well said.
i'm a Hapa, so i found Artemy's interactions with the kin and the townspeople really interesting because there was that split between his two peoples that he had to navigate.
having to ignore or defend against this or that remark. i empathize, lol.

but i'm really looking forward to the Bachelor's playthrough. I feel like that'll really dig into the character's more and their relationships with one another. the politics in general.

I can't imagine what Clara's playthrough will be like, since i never played the first one as her. i feel like it'll just be wild, lol.
but yeah it's been really neat hearing people's alternate interpretations, makes me think more on my impressions.

have you played the Void?
It seems interesting but I haven't played it or know a great deal about it.

I have for about 10 hours.
I still haven't gotten past the the first few sisters.
It is VERY easy to lock yourself into a situation where it is IMPOSSIBLE to progress and you'll have to go back to an older save file, or even restart the entire game.
If you end up playing it, be ready to restart 3 or 4 times when trying to learn how this game even works, the mechanics in that game are unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Sounds brutal lol, maybe i'll hold off on it. is the atmosphere or story pretty good? I assume it's pretty symbolic and crazy.

By the way, this is a pretty decent documentary about the black death in London if anyone's interested for some historical context. youtube.com/watch?v=HPe6BgzHWY0

Even though I haven't even played even a quarter of the game, the atmosphere is like no other game I've played, and is honestly one of the most atmospheric games I've played.
I'm not really sure about the story, from what I've seen it's very interesting, but very strange

Yeah. Almost like in Everybody's Got to Rapture IT'S FUCKING SHOPLIFTED FROM.

What? Pathologic is originally from 2005

That be Pathologic 1. Pathologic 2, however, is from 2019. Which one were you initially talking about specifically, again?

how do i conclude this quest properly? this is my second time not being able to see the end of it and it just ending.

Attached: 20190919234708_1.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

pathologic 1 has three protagonists just as pathologic 2 is planned to have. it's a remake of the 1st, the "2" isn't accurate

not all quests need to be completed the same day. somethings will resolve themselves naturally or in some way you may not have expected.
I can't recall that particularly needing further action on it's own. When I went with her the both times, you collected herbs then you ask her what to do and she tells you and you're like "wut" then she's like "what?" and it kind of peters out. But, that filled in for me later.
Someone else may know better.

Attached: 20190917043706_1.jpg (1600x900, 179K)

2 is perfectly accurate, it NOT being a remake of the first is the entire reason Pathologic Classic HD became a thing to begin with.
I am unable to comment upon handling of "Everybody has his own truth" in P1 and P2, but I still think the ir respectivr realizations have MARKEDLY differing connotations to them. While I can't yet comment on P1's case, in P2, EGtR, I still think, was an extremely major source of influence.

so i was intrigued and started watching a review of it. seems fascinating! looks, as you said, very difficult though. It looks like more of an experience than a game which makes sense for IPL lol